1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mario, Metroid, or Zelda?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by LINKed up, Feb 2, 2006.

?

Mario, Metroid, or Zelda?

1. Zelda

98.9%
  2. Metroid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mario

1.1%
  1. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Which do you think is best, Mario, Metroid, or Zelda? Why? Personally, I say Metroid because I enjoy that kind of shooter, and because Super Metroid was my first ever SNES game, so the series stuck with me. Also, the Metroid Prime Trilogy, prequels to Return of Samus, are Metroid's transition into 3d, and the first two have kicked some major ass.

Edit: Zelda added.

2. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Err. . . you don't have Zelda in your poll.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Mario, for sure. Classic game, I love it. I never got into Zelda that much, and never even heard of Metroid until Super Smash Bros. came out on Gamecube and saw Samus.

4. LINKed up

Sree, are you being serious about Metroid? Its one of the three Nintendo Powerhouses!

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Metroid 1, and Super Metroid kicked so much ass it wasnt funny. However the gameboy and GC versions sucked to me.

Mario bros. 3 and Super Mario 64 were THE game in their times though. Most Mario games are great due to them being flagship titles. I loved Mario RPG

Zelda without a doubt did take up a ton of folks time, but never interested me much. Up until Ocarina of Time came out

Mario wins for me

6. LINKed up

So you basically like all of them equally?

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

lol, Yeah, I am serious. I had no idea who Samus was was in started playing SSB. Blame it on the fact that when the SNES came out, I was a kid and the only games I played were the games that my sister got. Which were basically just Mario games. As I got older I started to get some of my own games, some random ass games that I can't believe I still have. I got Chrono Trigger and that kept me happy for a long time. Meh, I probably saw Metroid on the shelves, but it never caught my eye for some reason.

8. LINKed up

Meh, shit happens, thats life.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Zelda, My expierences with Metroid were limited to the GB(C) games and they sucked ass. Majoras Mask and Ocarina kicked so much ass, I can still play them today and enjoy it. However the gameboy games, zelda-wise, aren't very enjoyable. Mario kicks ass on the gameboy, but the N64 game was just... well - I regretted playing it.

10. LINKed up

You gonna get New Super Mario Bros. for DS?

11. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Zelda is a classic for sure. And I liked Metroid enough. Played the first one I think it was, and surprise, it was a chick in the suit. But it doesn't feel in the same category to me as Mario or Zelda. I'd probably rank it about the same as Castlevania.

But really, just for simply MarioKart 64 for the Nintendo 64, this wasn't even close for me. MarioKart 64 is the pinnacle of replay multi-player games, in my opinion. I played that game with my roomates and friends for more than 40 hours a week for probably 3 years of college. Seriously. And it never got old. It was exciting and fun almost every single time. It's kinda sick. And kinda sad. But to me, that's like a meeting of the perfect game, with the perfect friends, at the perfect time, into a truly life defining experience. Like the Perfect Storm but with less dead seamen.

I would vote for MarioKart 64 for president. And just under four seconds was my personal best lap on Wario Stadium, in case there are any other addicts out there who know what I'm talking about.

12. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

In college? That's debatable. :twisted:

Sorry, had to say it.

13. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Samus would stomp the hell out of that pathetic pasta eating plumber... but Zelda is in the top 3 for RPGS of all time... Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Super Mario RPG.. but metroid is one of my favorite series of all time (except the the Gamecube and Pinball) .. I liked the Fusion or whatever it was for GBA..Zero Mission was just 1 with a bit extra and better graphics i think...

14. LINKed up

Okay, Vash, where on earth did you read this? Zelda is NOT an RPG, its a action/adventure game. In RPG's you gain levels, buy new weapons, new armor, have an inventory for picked up items, and more than one party member. Zelda is lacking in those qualities. Whom ever wrote that should be shot and have kitchenware torture of the worst kind preformed on him/her.

15. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Woah. . . a bit passionate about game definitions?

16. LINKed up

Got nothing better to do. Also, for the record, Metroid Prime is NOT an FPS, its an FPA, aka first-person adventure.

17. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

None of them a truely classic game is Duck hunt...you can't get better then that

18. LINKed up

True. Maybe, for the Rev, there will be a new version of Duckhunt, along with the original that you can download. Then you can really put the controller through hell.

19. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

It plays much like an rpg. You gain element stones. Complete quests for swords, hearts and packs. You do have an inventory, and you do travel quite a bit.

20. LINKed up

No, I meant an inventory for items that you routinely pickup from downed enemies. You don't always gain element stones. In PoP: WW, you have to complete a quest of sorts in order to get the final sword, and you travel a lot in Super Mario 64, and that isn't an RPG. I say again, Zelda isn't an RPG. I think that even Nintendo has said that.