PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Scat-Muncher
08-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Always do this when I get to a new board...

I am HarryGinnyTonks, AKA Nebkreb. I have an account on ff.net under the latter name, and an account on Ficwad under the former.

I'm HarryEveryone. everyone female that is. Hermione, Tonks, Ginny, Daphne, Padma, Fleur, Narcissa, Hannah, Susan, etc.

Not really anti-Weasley, they just seem to bore me mostly. I really have nothing against Ginny, except that her romance with Harry in canon came out of nowhere.
I love to read/write smut, both for fapping and simple pleasure of writing. I came over here from TFF.

Veri
08-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Welcome. You posted in the wrong forum, but whatever. Enjoy your stay.

Scat-Muncher
08-02-2008, 09:00 PM
yeah, just got that little message telling me about it. If a mod/admin could move it, that would be cool. If not, no biggie.

Merrill II
08-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Enjoy your stay

/me checks watch and begins counting.

Glernaj
08-02-2008, 09:33 PM
In before banhammer/flame war.

Mindless
08-02-2008, 09:37 PM
You're the scat guy. Apparently. Nice ta meetcha. 'Course, you'll be gone quick.

Riley Poole
08-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Caution: Enter at your own risk. Here there be lulz....at your expense of course.

The Wizard
08-02-2008, 09:45 PM
^_^ Y halo thar.

Scat-Muncher
08-02-2008, 09:55 PM
You're the scat guy. Apparently. Nice ta meetcha. 'Course, you'll be gone quick.

oh really? care to back up that statement? Im not some pansy fangirl who's intimidated by a couple of internet threats and insulting remarks.

Merrill II
08-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Cool name.

The Wizard
08-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Mhm. What Bio said. Also,
Daphne hummed in happiness as Harry filled her from behind. He began a rapid-fire pace that he knew Daphne loved as she worked on Padma's ass. Padma was, to Gabrielle's gross fascination and pleasure, eating the shit out of the Veela's ass.
lolscat

Giovanni
08-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Daphne hummed in happiness as Harry filled her from behind. He began a rapid-fire pace that he knew Daphne loved as she worked on Padma's ass. Padma was, to Gabrielle's gross fascination and pleasure, eating the shit out of the Veela's ass.

I came.

Welcome OP, for however long you last . . .

Dark Belra
08-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Haven't seen this before...

This'll be interesting.

Gabrinth
08-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Lol, troll?

Illution
08-02-2008, 10:31 PM
That's an great user name. I'm sure you'll be loved by all where ever you post on DLP.

Ragon
08-02-2008, 10:49 PM
This should be interesting. Whos taking bets on how long he is here?

oh really? care to back up that statement? Im not some pansy fangirl who's intimidated by a couple of internet threats and insulting remarks.

Question is. Do you really want us to back up that statement? Cause there will be more than a few insulting remarks with a name like that.

Sesc
08-02-2008, 11:38 PM
With all this recent crap, I dunno when to be nice or not to be nice anymore ...

Sooooo, what possessed you to choose that name over Nebkreb, if you are known as both? I mean, I don't think you are that bad ... if I remember right, I read some of your stories, and there were some of them in the library.

Then again, they might be in the Recycling Bin >.<

Scat-Muncher
08-02-2008, 11:53 PM
This should be interesting. Whos taking bets on how long he is here?

Question is. Do you really want us to back up that statement? Cause there will be more than a few insulting remarks with a name like that.

yes I have heard of the eerie hatred of Ginny here. At the time that I chose that name (originally for Ficwad) I had just finished a Harryginnytonks story (half animal, half man) and was in that mood.
I'm not HarryGinny FTW, I just think that like many of the HPVerse girls, she can fit very well with him.

btw, insulting remarks? I'm shaking in my entirely metaphorical boots. For some unknown source, I have gained the ability to ignore insults sent my way over the internet. Shocking, I know.

With all this recent crap, I dunno when to be nice or not to be nice anymore ...

Sooooo, what possessed you to choose that name over Nebkreb, if you are known as both? I mean, I don't think you are that bad ... if I remember right, I read some of your stories, and there were some of them in the library.

Then again, they might be in the Recycling Bin >.<

honestly, dunno. I'm known by both. I am more known by Nebkreb, as well as it was my original name. Might switch back and forth every once in a while, just to bust people's chops. Chop-busting is a hobby of mine.

Mirkwood
08-02-2008, 11:56 PM
You failed quite badly didn't you? Welcome to DarkLordPotter, I predict you will soon be buttsecksed, hopefully very soon, you destroy poor Harrys and Tonks name next to that red hobos.

Ragon
08-02-2008, 11:58 PM
1. WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE PIC MIRKWOOD?!?!?!

2. Anyone else think this guy sounds alot like Mr.Joe?

I had just finished a Harryginnytonks story (half animal, half man) and was in that mood.

In all honesty that hurt my opinion of you more than anything.

YOU MONSTER!!

Mirkwood
08-03-2008, 12:00 AM
1. WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE PIC MIRKWOOD?!?!?!

2. Anyone else think this guy sounds alot like Joe?

You don't like the pic? Whats wrong with it?

Ragon
08-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Let me thing about that for a second.

Thing that make you go EWW!

The Wizard
08-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Harems and their polygamous brethren are the tools of the virgin fanboy. Oh, and you're an illiterate fuck.

Blaise
08-03-2008, 12:55 AM
You're the scat guy. There is only one Scat Man.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2wMsnE2cvI)
*stares at bold red text*
*stares at user name*

Yeah.

Might switch back and forth every once in a while, just to bust people's chops. Chop-busting is a hobby of mine. Troll admits to trolling.

And the banhammer cometh from yea on high...

Mirkwood
08-03-2008, 01:09 AM
And the banjackhammer cometh from yea on high...

Fixed that for you.

Ragon
08-03-2008, 01:37 AM
just to bust people's chops. Chop-busting is a hobby of mine.

Okay, Im gonna say maybe week. 2 tops.

Ryuugi Shi
08-03-2008, 02:14 AM
Okay, Im gonna say maybe week. 2 tops.

I call Bull Shit. Five Days. Tops.

GemmaBlack
08-03-2008, 03:17 AM
btw, insulting remarks? I'm shaking in my entirely metaphorical boots. For some unknown source, I have gained the ability to ignore insults sent my way over the internet. Shocking, I know.

You're alright in my book, :)

Welcome.

Iztiak
08-03-2008, 03:27 AM
As much as it galls me to agree with a newbie who seems to lurk the intro forum, despite knowing better, you seem alright.

Welcome to DLP. Don't piss off the mods, or your stay may well be as short as the bandwagoners above keep guessing.

Gabrinth
08-03-2008, 06:53 AM
I think the only reason 'GemmaBlack' (just as bad of a name as HarryGinnyTonks) likes him is because everyone was insulting her in her own intro and she didn't take it nearly as well...

BTW, I stand firmly by my thought that this dude is a troll. He's not a very good one, but only a troll or a complete and utter jackass would come onto the forum with the name HarryGinnyTonks, as- see stickies in intro thread about naming yourself- it is unoriginal, far too long and annoying to type, and it fucking puts Ginny before Tonks (which is a sin only topped by putting Ginny before Luna).

I'd like to think that this dude is a bad troll and not a complete idiot like Spira.

Twisted
08-03-2008, 07:12 AM
I don't know what to make of this, so a hesitant welcome to you.

World
08-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Might switch back and forth every once in a while, just to bust people's chops. Chop-busting is a hobby of mine.

Chops have been busted.

Dark Minion
08-03-2008, 07:58 AM
I love to read/write smut, both for fapping and simple pleasure of writing. I came over here from TFF.

Nice user name. As far as I had a look into your stories I agree the name matches your fics quite well.

Mirkwood
08-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Fail-name.

Scat-Muncher
08-03-2008, 09:10 AM
wow quite the response I have gathered. And to whomever called me illiterate...can you actually give me an example of something grammatically incorrect I have written?
Wow, someone changed my profile name to Scat-Muncher! Holy Flying Fuck Batman, a mod is abusing his/her power!
In all honesty, can a mod/admin change it to Nebkreb? As HarryGinnyTonks seems to strike a nerve with some of you...
And liking Ginny doesn't necessarily make one a fanboy - liking her completely random character in canon leads in that direction. I happen to like her in AUs, where she isn't so weird.
To all those who welcomed me, thanks, I hope to enjoy the forum.

World
08-03-2008, 09:18 AM
wow quite the response I have gathered. And to whomever called me illiterate...can you actually give me an example of something grammatically incorrect I have written?

You began a sentence with a lowercase ... wait, lemme see if I can find it ...

Mirkwood
08-03-2008, 09:44 AM
How can the admins misuse their power, I believe it's only the admins who can change names and they create the rules therefore how are they abusing their power? Read the terms of agreement, the admins may edit, delete and rape your account however the fuck they want.

I broke the rules and got raped, I didn't cry about it and i'm sure most people don't.

Snarf
08-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Welcome, for how ever short of a time you may be on. I'd say man-tits or GTFO just because it's lulzy to do so, but Mirk seems to have that covered.

All in all, you haven't really done anything I'd call fail as of yet, per say. Even so, with that name or yours and what looks to be the entire forum's intense dislike of you on principle, I won't give you long.

The Wizard
08-03-2008, 12:34 PM
And to whomever called me illiterate...can you actually give me an example of something grammatically incorrect I have written? Sure, World caught the irony, but it'd be my pleasure to go into detail.
Wow, quite the response I have gathered. And to whoever called me illiterate... (Space after ellipses) can you actually give me an example of something grammatically incorrect I have written?
Wow, (Not a mistake, but repetition of words/phrases make you seem awfully insipid and we wouldn't want tha- OH NO WAIT YOU ARE LOL), someone changed my profile name to Scat-Muncher! Holy Flying Fuck, Batman, an admin is abusing his (there are no female mods or admins) power!
In all honesty, can a mod/admin change it to Nebkreb? As HarryGinnyTonks seems to strike a nerve with every single one of you fine, intelligent gentlemen.
And liking Ginny doesn't necessarily make one a fanboy - liking her completely random character in canon leads in that direction. I happen to like her in AUs, where she isn't so weird. (This entire paragraph is incorrect. You are correct that liking Ginny does not make you a fanboy. However, naming yourself after her.... Also, her character in canon was not random (that was Luna <3), she was two-dimensional and undeveloped. You saying that you like her in AU's means you basically like an OC in Bonnie Wright's body. Lol.)
To all those who welcomed me, thanks, I hope to enjoy the forum.

Yeah, just got that little message telling me about it. If a mod/admin could move it, that would be cool. If not, no biggie.

Orly? Care to back up that statement? I'm a pansy fangirl who's intimidated by a couple of internet threats and insulting remarks, and tries to hide it behind a 'tough-guy' veneer.

Always do this when I get to a new board...

I am Scat-Muncher, a.k.a. the virgin fanboy. I have an account on ff.net under the latter name, and an account on Ficwad under the former.

I ship Harry/Everyone. Everyone female that is. Hermione, Tonks, Ginny, Daphne, Padma, Fleur, Narcissa, Hannah, Susan, etc.

Not really anti-Weasley, they just seem to bore me mostly. I really have nothing against Ginny, except that her romance with Harry in canon came out of nowhere.

Yes I have heard of the eerie hatred of Ginny here. At the time that I chose that name (originally for Ficwad) I had just finished a Harry/Ginny/Tonks story (Oh dear God, what a fail title) and was in that mood.
I'm not Harry/Ginny FTW, I just think that like many of the HPVerse girls, she can fit very well with him.

Btw, insulting remarks? I'm shaking in my entirely metaphorical boots, as I'm too poor to buy a real pair. From some unknown source, I have gained the ability to ignore insults sent my way over the internet. Unbelievably cliché and common now, I know.

Honestly, dunno. I'm known by both. I am more known by Nebkreb, because it was my original name. Might switch back and forth every once in a while, just to bust people's chops. Crotch-gobbling is a hobby of mine.
I think that's just about it. In the words of one of our respected members,
Terrible. See me after class.
Welcome to DLP.net.

Dr. Strange Lulz
08-03-2008, 01:37 PM
We can't even have fun with idiot newbs like this anymore. Half the posts in this thread look awkward, as if people started a flame then realized they'd get bitched at by the mods so decided to tone it down.

Introduction has become fail.

Ya, welcome scatthing

Blaise
08-03-2008, 02:34 PM
We can't even have fun with idiot newbs like this anymore. Half the posts in this thread look awkward, as if people started a flame then realized they'd get bitched at by the mods so decided to tone it down. Whatchu' talkin' 'bout, Lulz ? I'm having plenty of fun, see?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/tmillian/Scatman/John_Scatman.gif
Skiddilydiddlydiddlydeedlybiddilybopapudobblybobbl eypiddlyskeebop-a-doodleyboodilybopbam

I'M THE SCAT-MANNN!

Dr. Strange Lulz
08-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Everybody stutters one way or the other
So check out my message to you
As a matter of fact
Don't let nothing hold you back
If the scatman can do it, brother
So can you, I'm the scatman.

Bada bwi ba ba bada bo
Baba ba da bo
Bwi ba ba ba do

Dark Belra
08-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Everybody's saying that the scatman stutters
But doesn't ever stutter when he sings
But what you don't know
I'm gonna tell you right now
That the stutter and the scat is the same for you
I'm the scatman
Where's the scatman? I'm the scatman.

Solomon
08-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Oz, you have way too much free time on your hands.

Scat-Muncher
08-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Hmmm thanks for all the grammar corrections guys. Glad to see you all have a microscopic attention to detail.
Once again, I will ask that someone change my username to Nebkreb, since Scat-Muncher is such a hilarious joke, but is fairly low-brow.
And to whoever said that admins aren't abusing their power, I am sorry. I assumed that the admins who run the site aren't dictators, who use their power to fuck with people's profiles. If they are, then there is a low standard of admins here.

And don't worry, I get the joke. It's Dark Lord Potter Forums, you have to be 'dark' and insulting to newbies. Actually, that sounds like Dark Lord Voldemort, as the good Dark Lord Potter stories tend to have just a cold Harry, not necessarily a jackass who abuses others.

Mindless
08-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Hmmm thanks for all the grammar corrections guys. Glad to see you all have a microscopic attention to detail.
Once again, I will ask that someone change my username to Nebkreb, since Scat-Muncher is such a hilarious joke, but is fairly low-brow.
And to whoever said that admins aren't abusing their power, I am sorry. I assumed that the admins who run the site aren't dictators, who use their power to fuck with people's profiles. If they are, then there is a low standard of admins here.

And don't worry, I get the joke. It's Dark Lord Potter Forums, you have to be 'dark' and insulting to newbies. Actually, that sounds like Dark Lord Voldemort, as the good Dark Lord Potter stories tend to have just a cold Harry, not necessarily a jackass who abuses others.

Thar be fail here.

Giovanni
08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Guys, lay off the noob. It's not his fault that he can't spell because his mommy was an alcoholic who drank paint-thinner and perfume while she was pregnant due to his father removing all other types of alcohol from the house.

With that said, it was funny that World (a German) corrected your grammar.

EDIT: Some have informed me that fetal alcohol syndrome is no laughing matter. After consulting The Google, I agree.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/Giovanni8834/fetalalcoholsyndrome.png

It's fucking hilarious. No wonder scat-muncher can't even troll properly.

Tehan
08-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Well, Scat-Muncher, you are quite the diplomatic mastermind. There is nothing that will get the population of DLP on your side quite like insulting us, our site, our humour, and our moderators.

Enjoy your upcoming encounter with the banstick, fucktard.

Dark Belra
08-03-2008, 07:57 PM

There are no rules to modding. It's all about how fast you piss the mods off.

Jenkins
08-03-2008, 08:02 PM

*facepalm*

Ok, scratch trying to not bandwagon. You're a tard. Spelling and grammar was horrible (mine sucks, but come on) even though you said it wouldn't be. Insulting the admins is a no-no. Unless it brings lulz, and they accept the lulz. This didn't. You might get lucky and survive but instead of a welcome I have one thing to say.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b319/Spookie455/Random/Banstick.jpg

Scat-Muncher
08-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Did I insult anyone? If a small thing like saying they have a low standard hurts their widdle feelings, then perhaps DLP isn't as frightening as it's reputation makes it out to be.

Mindless
08-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Did I insult anyone? If a small thing like saying they have a low standard hurts their widdle feelings, then perhaps DLP isn't as frightening as it's reputation makes it out to be.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/Ihappythebox/Die-ElmoSuicide.jpg

Ragon
08-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Well, Scat-Muncher, you are quite the diplomatic mastermind. There is nothing that will get the population of DLP on your side quite like insulting us, our site, our humour, and our moderators.

Enjoy your upcoming encounter with the banstick, fucktard.

Forget the Mods the fucktard is talking about Mid, Vash, Raven, and the rest.

This guy truely is an idiot.

He must enjoy being hit with a stick.

Scat-Muncher
08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
wow Dranco, thats brilliant. I must enjoy being hit by a stick - the only possible conclusion

The Wizard
08-03-2008, 09:49 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA

@ Demon vigilante: Meh, 15 minutes was all.

Mirkwood
08-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Thar be fail here.

As well as the original

"Here thar be monsters!"

Kalas
08-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Scat, unlike the rest of the community I believe you have a bright future here at DLP. We need someone to fill our threads with a brief periods of fail, that will be followed by many flames and lulz. I believe you're the man for the job Scat, so keep kicking... or munching as the case may be...

Scat-Muncher
08-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks Kalas, your welcome is appreciated, even with the sarcasm.

Giovanni
08-03-2008, 11:34 PM
I love trolls,

For they make me LOL.

But I miss the good ole days,

When we first suffered from tridentard AIDS.

No new ones can quite match,

That nutcase from the boobyhatch.

I miss him oh so much,

His (her?) crazy illiterate posting touch.

Pretending to be an old man,

Just to avoid the ban.

But we caught that fucker in the end,

All he wanted was for DLP to be his friend.

Then came the others,

BMM, Some J name, Cady, Marie, and the author of The Scorpion Sorceror.

Much drama ensued.

The moral of the story? The good trolls know how to infiltrate and then fuck around. You just fail.

Scat-Muncher
08-04-2008, 12:19 AM
and you succeed at rhyming poorly on an online forum? congratulations

Immolo
08-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Before
and you succeed at rhyming poorly on an online forum? congratulations

After

(the and was not needed) You succeed at rhyming poorly on an online forum. Congratulations!

Knowing english helps. Call us now and we will sell you a brain for 9.99(plus shipping and handling)!

Mors
08-04-2008, 01:12 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/infinity847/FAILcopter.jpg

... It's like the guy is a magnet for it.

Militis
08-04-2008, 01:15 AM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/Ihappythebox/Die-ElmoSuicide.jpg

Yes yes, I know, no nubs in the Intro forums unless it is their own thread. I couldn't help it though.

^I totally lol'd.

Scat-Muncher
08-04-2008, 07:11 AM
All of you continue to correct my grammar, yet you continue to use this 'fail' crap. And don't tell me that it's internet lingo - it's not. It's lingo for people who have too much time on their hands.

OOOH!!!1!11!! EPIC FAIL!!!!....

The Wizard
08-04-2008, 09:27 AM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/all-powerful-oz/Baxes.jpg

Blaise
08-04-2008, 10:03 AM
All of you continue to correct my grammar, yet you continue to use this 'fail' crap. And don't tell me that it's internet lingo - it's not. It's lingo for people who have too much time on their hands.

OOOH!!!1!11!! EPIC FAIL!!!!.... It is internet lingo, vagina face. Who the fuck says half of the shit we do in public? But we can use "real life" terms if it makes you feel better:

1. You're a waste of life.
2. You're a huge tool.
3. I hope you get AIDS (to be fair, I've only said this once, and first heard it online. From Fryer Rabbit, in fact.)
4. Somebody should kick your ass. Hopefully that someone has breasts, or is gay - anything to rob you of your limited masculinity.
5. "............ " <---silence, because no one would waste their breath on you in real life.

Lincos
08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Blaise, I don't think you was here when we had the 'Rep' system. But if we still had it.... +rep for you.

White Rabbit
08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I hope you get AIDS (to be fair, I've only said this once, and first heard it online. From Fryer Rabbit, in fact.)

I've only used it once outside of joking around.

I was working in the HIV ward for patient care (the hospitals bitches). We had this real asshole of a patient. He'd fight orderlies, bite them, throw shit at them, and once tried to infect someone. You know being a complete dick.

I mean what an asshole. The guy tried to fucking infect someone!

So as we're tying this guy down, I look him dead in the eye and tell him, "God, I hope you get AIDS soon you miserable son of a bitch."

ScatMuncher, Welcome. I really hope you get AIDS.

The Wizard
08-04-2008, 10:57 AM
LOL. Fryer Rabbit for president, just because of his amazing bedside manner.

Gabrinth
08-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Guys, don't feed the pet troll, no matter how much it begs.

Jenkins
08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Rabbit and Blaise ++

Now can we drop this shit and leave fagtroll alone?

Big D on a Diet
08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I approve of your membership here, Scat, mostly for the lulzfactor of coming across your name in random threads, like I did in the jbern thread a few minutes ago.

Scat-Muncher
08-04-2008, 06:09 PM
I understand people not liking the name, and maybe a few of the DLP vets who started everything, but (and I'm sure this will be denied) I can't help but notice that either everyone else is afraid of the mods and admins, or desperately wants the aforementioned mods and admins to like them, so they gang up.
*shrugs* go ahead, if making fun of me makes you feel better, go ahead. I am perfectly okay with a bunch of guys sitting in front of their computer bashing me.
Have fun!

Lhefriel_Medies
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Before

After

Knowing english helps. Call us now and we will sell you a brain for 9.99(plus shipping and handling)!

You missed two punctuation marks yourself. You need a colon, semicolon, or dash following the descriptors "Before" and "After" to designate inferral. Adjectives have no meaning by themselves, and in order to link the description to a body rather than a noun, one of those three is necessary. Aesthetically, it would also be best to have a space after "9.99".

Also, World typos, or makes up a verb conjugation from nowhere, in what I assume to be his native language here (http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=225305&postcount=4), where, if my German has not failed me, an "e" is needed after "hab".

I bring these points up because it seems to be fairly common here to attack people for improper grammar or mistypings and pass things like this off as unintelligence. Which is quite possibly the most ridiculous argument I can think of.

Almost everyone inevitably makes structural mistakes when communicating quickly, as most people tend to do over the internet, and things like slight misspellings are entirely insignificant in their detraction of the content of the message, more likely spawning from a slight fault of the fingers than an actual lack of knowledge. It's something which simply occurs, and, so long as the ideas which are being relayed are not unduly inhibited, should be ignored. It's not an issue worth the four posts I count in this thread alone. As sure as I am that many of you would like to get on the bandwagon and flame new members that a veteran has expressed a dislike of, this is so generic and meaningless that these impulses should be suppressed until something meaningful can be added to the topic at hand.

Not only this, but as a style of communication, a slightly rougher, shorthand expressed ideas more clearly. In literature, yes, I think that poor structure should be avoided outside of dialogue, but as far as an exchange of ideas, I don't think that there really should be any restrictions beyond the fact that what is said is understandable. Being an asshole and pointing out where someone failed to capitalize a word when it has absolutely no impact on the message is just proving how you lack to wit to criticize the idea itself, not how much more well learned you are. The speech is medium; it's not the end in itself. A few remarkably intelligent people I know use chatspeak because they think that, based on how common it is, it's actually easier to understand for many people in written form than the standard. Your treatment of the issue is archaic; the way an idea is presented reflects nothing on the idea itself.

This is elitist, this is counterproductive, this is meaningless. Criticize the ideal, not the representation. In this case, it can be forgiven, because the original poster does seem to, in fact, be an idiot, but this isn't an issue to attack someone with. Stop it. It hurts my eyes, and my brain. Bandwagon only when there's substance behind it.

And again, a tentative welcome to the creator of the thread. My opinion isn't particularly high at the moment, but we'll see.

EDIT:
I understand people not liking the name, and maybe a few of the DLP vets who started everything, but (and I'm sure this will be denied) I can't help but notice that either everyone else is afraid of the mods and admins, or desperately wants the aforementioned mods and admins to like them, so they gang up.
*shrugs* go ahead, if making fun of me makes you feel better, go ahead. I am perfectly okay with a bunch of guys sitting in front of their computer bashing me.
Have fun!

This is so retardedly true right now. Evaluation elevated slightly.

Tehan
08-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Option number three, we like our mods more than we like random newbs.

Oh, and holy shit, Lhefriel_Medies to the motherfucking rescue.

Lhefriel_Medies used wall of text attack!
The attack was ineffective.

Mindless
08-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Have fun!

Nigga what?

What Tehan said.

Ohsnap. Syao got your ass.

The Wizard
08-04-2008, 06:43 PM
That's very nice, Lhefriel_Medies. It may even have been valid if scat-muncher were trying to commune something intelligent. Alas, he is not. So shut the fuck up.

Antivash
08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
So very fuckin pwnt.

Lhefriel_Medies
08-04-2008, 06:54 PM
That's very nice, Lhefriel_Medies. It may even have been valid if scat-muncher were trying to commune something intelligent. Alas, he is not. So shut the fuck up.

That's very nice, oz. It may even have been valid if you had bothered to read my post, which shouldn't have actually taken more than half a minute. Alas, you have not. So shut the fuck up.

Option number three, we like our mods more than we like random newbs.

Oh, and holy shit, Lhefriel_Medies to the motherfucking rescue.

Lhefriel_Medies used wall of text attack!
The attack was ineffective.

Which is different from sucking up to them.

And no, I didn't have anything better to do, thanks. And mindless bandwagoning is one particular issue which annoys me enough to address. Especially the kind Immolo seems partial to.

Glernaj
08-04-2008, 06:56 PM
So... the fact that we're a community of largely like minded individuals has nothing to do with the fact that the majority of us share opinions?

Tehan
08-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Which is different from sucking up to them.

Newb said he'd changed his name to fuck with people. Mod fucked with him by changing his name. This was found to be amusing.

It's possible to find something amusing without an ulterior motive.

And no, I didn't have anything better to do, thanks.

Did I ask?

And mindless bandwagoning is one particular issue which annoys me enough to address.

All aboard the anti-bandwagon bandwagon. Next stop, recursion.

Glernaj
08-04-2008, 07:03 PM

/me queues up recursion.

You shouldn't be bandwagoning against the anti-bandwagoners!

Sesc
08-04-2008, 07:05 PM
He. You know, Lhefriel_Medies, everyone who didn't jump the bandwagon regarding the OP will do so now -- for you. Like, say, me.

Also, World typos, or makes up a verb conjugation from nowhere, in what I assume to be his native language here (http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=225305&postcount=4), where, if my German has not failed me, an "e" is needed after "hab".Looking at the rest of your post I'd say more than just your German failed you when you wrote it. Regarding this stupid try to shit at World in particular, it's perfectly common and alright to leave it out, bitch. As you've got clearly no idea what you're talking about, here's the tip once again: shut the fuck up.

The Wizard
That's very nice, oz. It may even have been valid if you had bothered to read my post, which shouldn't have actually taken more than half a minute. Alas, you have not. So shut the fuck up.
Saw it, read it and shat all over it. So shut the fuck up.
Being an asshole and pointing out where someone failed to capitalize a word when it has absolutely no impact on the message is just proving how you lack to wit to criticize the idea itself, not how much more well learned you are.Criticise which idea? There was nothing to criticise but his atrocious spelling and grammar. And I was well within my rights to do that considering he specifically asked me to.

Mindless
Anti-Bandwagoning bullshit.

I'd like to thank the mod in this thread, Lhefriel Medies stand up and take a bow.

Ohwait.

Nigga hush.

Mirkwood
08-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Lhefriel_Medies, most people really don't want to read chunky paragraphs of text, only then to be bored by the sheer monotony of your post, who gives a fuck about correct grammar, sure theres the big ass mistakes which people make out and thus have people correct them, other than that most people couldn't give a fuck about grammar. The return key is your friend.

Lhefriel_Medies
08-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Newb said he'd changed his name to fuck with people. Mod fucked with him by changing his name. This was found to be amusing.

It's possible to find something amusing without an ulterior motive.

The 2 or 3 pages of the same few words repeated over and over in every possible arrangement should have relayed this concept more concisely. As it stands, I may have received the wrong message.

Did I ask?

I thought I'd answer and get it out of the way immediately.

The flaw in this is that it's harder to be original than to copy others; when you're acting against the norm, justification is necessary. And if individualism becomes the standard, then there's no group to oppose.

EDIT: Holy crap this happens quickly.

He. You know, Lhefriel_Medies, everyone who didn't jump the bandwagon regarding the OP will do so now -- for you. Like, say, me.

Looking at the rest of your post I'd say more than just your German failed you when you wrote it. Regarding this stupid try to shit at World in particular, it's perfectly common and alright to leave it out, bitch. As you've got clearly no idea what you're talking about, here's the tip once again: shut the fuck up.

I'm using an example of a standard structural flaw made by the one who began criticism. I could leave it out, but then the point of it is to show universality of the claims which I'm making.

Saw it, read it and shat all over it. So shut the fuck up.
Criticise which idea? There was nothing to criticise but his atrocious spelling and grammar. And I was well within my rights to do that considering he specifically asked me to.

Because spelling shows intelligence. Just like only writing intellectual texts in Latin. Things like structure mean nothing.

Here's the sentence you seem to have missed, by the way;

Criticize the ideal, not the representation. In this case, it can be forgiven, because the original poster does seem to, in fact, be an idiot, but this isn't an issue to attack someone with.

Lhefriel_Medies, most people really don't want to read chunky paragraphs of text, only then to be bored by the sheer monotony of your post, who gives a fuck about correct grammar, sure theres the big ass mistakes which people make out and thus have people correct them, other than that most people couldn't give a fuck about grammar. The return key is your friend.

You do realize that you just agreed with what I was trying to say completely in your rush to attack me, don't you?

Mirkwood
08-04-2008, 07:17 PM
I thought I'd answer and get it out of the way immediately.

I thought I would answer and get it out of the way immediately.

If you want to be really anal and formal...

Zombie
08-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Lhefriel_Medies:

http://teeka.fo.cx/albums/auctions/wharrgarbl.jpg

Glernaj
08-04-2008, 07:19 PM

Mindless
08-04-2008, 07:20 PM
~snip~

Knox
08-04-2008, 07:20 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/luke_187/Wharrgarbl.jpg

Darius
08-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Lhefriel Medies is better then all of you.

Just stop trying.

Glernaj
08-04-2008, 07:21 PM
http://jojoi.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/combo-breaker-2.jpg

The Wizard
08-04-2008, 07:22 PM
SQUEE!!!
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/Thaylien/Warrgarbl.jpg

Darius, Glernaj: What what? :(

Sesc
08-04-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm using an example of a standard structural flaw made by the one who began criticism. I could leave it out, but then the point of it is to show universality of the claims which I'm making.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/luke_187/Wharrgarbl.jpg

There ain't no flaw in there ...!

Darius
08-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Way to fail, Oz.

The Wizard
08-04-2008, 07:26 PM
It's what I do best, Darius.

Lord Ravenclaw
08-04-2008, 07:27 PM
This is getting retarded.

Here's a combo breaker for you. Locked.