1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Philosphy

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Xantam, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I just had a very strange thought that could be a great story Harry Potter fanficition or orignial story. Okay what if your entire life is just one dream in your real life. Imagine you could have 1000's of past lives. I don't know what I was smoking when I thought of this.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Perhaps this belongs in the FanFic Discussion area?

iDirect you here: FanFic Discussion

Barring that, the bunny actually sounds like the making of a good supernatural! fic.

3. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Dude... I've got a parallel to this thought...

What if we were like... All fish... Or someshit like that... Swimmingaround in an ocean of like.... Duuuuude.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

4. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

It's okay, like I said I must have been on some shit when I thought of this.

5. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

brain in a vat.

descartes doubting reality...but finding he could not doubt the fact that he was doubting - so therefore he knew that he was thinking. therefore, "i think therefore i am" (although he never wrote that).

matrix.

dark city.

yeah, i wrote a post a long time ago saying that jkr should end the series with harry waking up in his cupboard and realizing that the entire series was a fanciful dream that his mind used to allay the reality of his abused life.

6. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    That's a pretty sound idea. I read this one story where Harry is haunted by a similar nightmare where he's dreaming that his parents lived but they all hated him and forced him to live in the cupboard so he doubts reality each time he dreams.

7. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

I've seen one like that where it was Dumbledore dicking with his head to bring Harry and Snape toegther. Because you know, if someone is messing bwith your mind be best person to help you is someone who hates you for the most unimaginative reasons.

Another one I recall which was actually quite spooky details a report of Harry Potter's progress coming out of his dementia by one Dr. Thomas Marvolo Riddle...

--bornagainpenguin (who wishes he could remember the title or author of the last one..)

8. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    That's an interesting idea.

9. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

I liked it and the end of the story (it was a oneshot IIRC) was in the form of a doctor's progress report and was a description of the 'fantasy' HArry had been living under, a description of the treatment that he found sucessful, ect.. the whole while you're reading and nodding your head--until the end where its signed, as I said by a Dr. T.M. Riddle.... And the author doesn't tell you one way or another if this was a successful trick by Voldemort or if this were reality. Reminds me of some of the older twilight zone episodes.

--bornagainpenguin (who thinks he may still have it but can';t remember its name..)

10. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream.....

seriously the last one sounds really good, though.

I have seen one where the past lives of Harry were mostly ones where he either was a dark lord or warlord or something. Including one where he was a a demon or nephilim, a human/god hybrid.

It's just another on the long list of lost fics.

11. Element

Element Seventh Year

Yeah, I've seen the link for that somewhere but I never clicked on it.
    I'm about seventy-seven percent sure its on these forums somewhere.
    Sounds quite unnerving - and it reminds me of that weird psychologist guy from Batman Begins!