1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Megaman 9

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Drake, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

Megaman 9: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

[​IMG]

I was just browsing through IGN when I saw a preview for Megaman 9. For those who haven't seen it here's a link to the E3 preview.

So the big debate topic with this game is what do you think of their decision to return to an 8-bit look? Does it bother you, or does it make you want to buy the game even more?

2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I've never played megaman, but I can safely say that 8-bit does not do it for me. I will not buy it.

Also, this thing better be like 20$ when it comes out, they can't have put that much work into it.

3. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

That poster looks like something from the 80s. It's nice to see them sticking to the classic look for this game but I don't think anyone is going to mind if they up it a bit. Graphics do not directly reflect on gameplay. It looks promising for the old fans of the series.

4. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

Actually they put more money into this then you'd think. Apparently all the coding for the original 8-bit games was lost so they had to completely reverse engineer the technology. Still nowhere near as expensive as most games that are released nowadays, but more then just a few dollars tossed down to make this game.

The thing I want to know is whether or not you can save between stages or is it going to be like Megaman 1?

5. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, hardcore fans of the Megaman series will probably appreciate the retro graphics; personally I'll care more about how the gameplay works than how pretty it looks. I'm just glad they quit trying to make the series into 3-D games; Megaman should always be a side-scrolling game (though I suppose an FPS based on it might be intriguing.)

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I personally never liked the Mega Man games that much, or any side scroller (other than Mario Bros.). I definitely won't be getting this game. If it gets awesome reviews, I might rent it though. :\

7. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I don't mind side scrollers but honestly, it looks meh.

The graphics just make me think that the game is only being made for to milk some more money from the series.

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I was actually interested in the game before I saw that it had 8 bit graphics. That made me wtf for a few seconds.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Lol. I saw this coming.

Sree understands what I mean. ;)