1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Hogwarts?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by cazten, Feb 10, 2006.

1. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

Does anyone know of any fics where harrys actually ships with "hogwarts" or maybe even just gets trained or interacts with it. As if hogwarts can manifest its self as a human?

Born of Stone and Wood by Olafr is an example of what im looking for. (But im hoping for more than a one shot)
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2166108/1/

[/url]

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That's the only story I know of when he's actually paired with the castle. I wish that actually continued. It would have been interesting to see where it was going to go.

3. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Harry/Hogwarts is probably the sexiest pairing out there... Seriously, I'm not kidding...

Just imagine Harry banging away at a lubricated and enlarged keyhole.

I rest my case.

4. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Got-DAMN! I wish this had been continued! I'd have loved to see how this would have worked out.. Does she *need* the room of requirement to manifest? If not how does she show up in Hogwarts? Does Harry need to stay at Hogwarts to be with her or can she project herself?

--bornagainpenguin

PS: Who is this Master Eldryn? This is the second time I've seen this name pop up-- first was in the HPRecycleBin and now here at the top of the story.. does anyone know where he is now or have a link to his stories somewhere?

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Master Eldryn took all his stuff down and doesn't want it spreading anymore anywhere. He won't allow his fics to be reposted anywhere, etc...

And as for Harry/Hogwarts? I know it was one of Eldryn's challenges. I know thesteffis had about two chapters of a Harry/Hogwarts fic started that he took down. I remember Pansy was trying to pin down Harry and smooch him when he managed to apparate away because Hogwarts wanted to protect him (first known apparition in Hogwarts, anything for Hoggy's sugarbritches). They hadn't gotten very far into Hogwarts sentience yet when it was abandoned.

Daesereg also had a good Harry/Hogwarts story started as an answer to Eldryn's challenge. But it started with Hogwarts manifesting a hot female body and smutting it up with Harry. I think fanfiction.net might have taken it down, or maybe he did himself. You can try emailing him and asking if he still has it somewhere. His user profile is http://www.fanfiction.net/u/485004/

But those were the only challenge answers I remember. Daesereg, thesteffis, and Olafr.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Someone should ask Master Eldryn if it would be possible to post his stories on the yahoogroup... he might like us! :D And what we are doing! I doubt it but its worth a shot... I would have liked to see more people take up the chellenge.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think it would be better just to leave the guy alone like he's requested in the past.

8. nonjon

Trust me, I'm 100% certain he'd say no.

He's still as protective as he's been in the past.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ahh well... too bad then. Why'd he go all like that anyway?

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Its discussed in another topic here I think... I forget where though.

Nonjon gave a pretty good explaination of it though...

Or at least I think it was nonjon

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

too lazy to search for ya, but indeed it has been discussed like 3 times, once in recet times, others weeks to months ago.

I'd just leave the guy alone, if he's that obsessed with his work that he couldn't handle folks printing it out to read it offline, among other things, the guy's a headcase, leave it be, heh

12. Quack

Quack Second Year

http://forums.darklordpotter.net/viewtopic.php?t=1456

It's explained there by nonjon, and there's a description of his stories as well.

I've only seen Hogwarts manifested in one story, and that was only for a bit. She's Harry's mother figure, I think. The story was mainly about his daughter and her travels to find him or something... it was one of the few OC stories I've read and enjoyed.

13. bornagainpenguin

Thanks for the link; this I can share with the Yahoo Group.. and who knows, I may get lucky typing these titles around!

--bornagainpenguin

14. nonjon

I remember that fic. I had trouble getting into the sequel because it was all about Harry's daughter and Draco working together, and eventually becoming a couple, which is a concept that angers me more than a Super!Ginny that saves weak!Harry (seriously, Draco and Harry's daughter? I'd rather an evil animated turd raped Harry's daughter ever since she was four than Draco to be dating her. There's no end to how unable to deal with that concept I am). I think his daughter was in command of Harry's own loyal undead elite force including like Lucius' reanimated body, Sirius, Tonks, and others. Harry was sort of dead, but not really and Hogwarts was trying to save him. And in the sequel (before I gave up), I remember Luna was a pretty nifty weird-arse dark powerful Seer thing.

Was well written, and had a great update schedule for the first fic. Second one I just peaked at and seems not quite as quick on the updates since it's been going for over a year now. I remember quite a few music quotes at the start of chapters, so I was wondering if it might have been deleted. It's not. If you can stomach the idea of Draco/Harry's daughter then I'd say give them a try: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/698130/ Uncharnel is the first.

15. nonjon

If you're going to be asking around or posting them in the group, let me know so I can leave the group. I'd be first in line to rat you out to Master Eldryn is why, but if I'm not in the group I don't see it.

16. bornagainpenguin

I'll drop it then and tell dursley to drop it as well. That said I already posted the following with a cut-n-paste of your summaries of Master Eldryn's stories. I'll drop it now if you want or delete the posts. The last thing I want to do is make you leave the group!

--bornagainpenguin (awaiting your response with a figer on the delete button)

17. nonjon

Enh... I'm a bit conflicted on the whole thing. As the author, I feel he should have full control of whether his stories are spread or not. But then again, posting them on a public website, means you're relinquishing some rights to concepts like private sharing of archived webpages.

I didn't mean to make it a threat. It's not like I offer the group that much. It was just a warning. Like what I don't know, doesn't hurt me. But if you intend to go against that author's explicit wishes, then I don't want to know... because I'm a sad little fanboy of his fics and respect him even when I may not agree with him.

18. bornagainpenguin

Are you #@%$ing kidding me? Hello? You're $%&#@ing Nonjon! Nonjon!!!111!1111one one one

I'll be deleting that thread on the forum then. I just need to check with IP82 first to make sure he's in full agreement with doing so. My personal posting (with your summaries) is gone, because if you think you're a Master Eldryn fanboy, you've got nothing on me when I say I'm a Nonjon fanboy!

--bornagainpenguin (off to delete his own post and email IP82 about the thread.)

19. Quack

Quack Second Year

Yeah, I think you got most of it correct. I liked the idea of Harry's elite force, but some of them were alive. I believe Tonks was alive, mainly because that shocked Harry's daughter. Ugh, I knew it was going to be her and Draco eventually. It was either Draco or Snape... neither are very appealing. The author is probably a fan of Tom and Alan. ><

Yeah, actually, the update schedule was what made me read it. The fic was updated everyday or other day, so I eventually read it. xD

I think I might try it out, maybe when she's finished or something. As long as it doesn't get too fluffy and stuff I'll just ignore the relationship.

20. nonjon

Err... not sure how to argue that one. But don't give me more due on a group about archiving lost or deleted fics. It's IP82's project and he might be placing more emphasis on saving the lost/missing fanfics and less on the author's questionable legal right over stories posted on public forums. It is a semi-murky issue, though in my opinion it's a bit of a dick move when the author/creator doesn't have the final say in their creation.