PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Fanfiction List

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

DemonDream
12-25-2006, 09:40 AM
That Blood Mage story, in my opinion, sucks. Standard cliche of the 'mask', Naruto being ridiculously overpowered at a young age, a random bloodline ability. Naruto needs no bloodline.

Scarty
12-25-2006, 10:52 AM
I don't mind if he has a bloodline limit or not, but this Bloodline is just stupid and the story sucks really

KubYnator
12-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Has Naruto here the blood whip as Bloodline?
I somehow thought this Bloodline was funny.
For the story I must say if you ignore the plot you may get a decent dark Naruto kills everyone fic, but well, i doubt it.

The Dark Lord Squash
12-25-2006, 07:20 PM
"Ne, onii-sama, where are we going?Ē the blue-eyed boy inquired quietly, eyes bright and unusually large. His teacher, who had trained him for two consecutive years, had not said a thing about any night trainings but he knew today was an exception. Itachi was the only one he could turn to when everyone walked away and Naruto would just leave it at that. He respected Itachi for the power he harnessed, and the wordless concern he had directed at the blonde.

This does it for me and it is only the seconded paragraph. I mean come on hanging out with Itachi, being told about the Kyubbi(in the next paragraph). Overall a bad fic, I would recommend to stay away from this one.

Mercenary
12-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Oi.. I seem to always have bad judgement with fics dont I?

The Dark Lord Squash
12-25-2006, 07:27 PM
At leats you are trying.:) If you want Bad judgement then simply read my Naruto story..... god I am so ashamed that I ever wrote that piece of shit.:(

Scarty
12-25-2006, 07:30 PM
@Merc
naa it's just not the taste of the majority here ;)

li.u
12-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Ehm no...it's really just bad -.-
I still can't believe I fought through two whole chapters of this crap. It's a compilation of many many bad things you could do to a story:

overpowered 6-year-old and enemies are all pathetically weak losers

bad writing - not really sp and gr, but just unpleasant to read

characters totally underdeveloped, cliched and bashed to the extreme

Naruto is cliched and contradictory - the whole mask business; wanting to kill Itachi but deliberately failing to become a genin for 3 times; saying that killing Itachi is everything to him but that he isn't living for revenge; saying he wants to see the whole village in pain but at the same time suddenly becoming 'mature' (never hurt innocents, bla bla) ... ... it goes on and on

Hanabi is utterly OC, probably the worst try to pull a pairing off that I've ever seen - he sees her, she greets him with a challenge for him, they fight (the fight is btw totally ridiculous), she stops the fight 'cause the animals get scared, he gets a fuzzy feeling inside O_o

the bloodline is crappy but everyone stares in awe at it - it's an enhanced whip, nothing more...however, it's always like 'WTF?! A whip of blood! Let's get hit by it!'

that's not everything, but I listing all of it is too much pain right now

Just keep in mind that it's bad and that spoiling like I did is actually a favor to anyone intending to read it. -.-

@Mercenary: Don't worry...I've read worse stuff and I even liked some of it back then for some unfathomable reason. =/

Stalicon
12-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Title: The Crimson Road to The Sapphire Past
Auther: Lucas Decard
Rating: T
Paring Catagorized under: Naruto/Kyuubi (Author has No Idea yet)
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3311317/1/
Summary:Caught by the Akatsuki, Naruto makes a deal with Kyuubi that results in him being sent to the past. However, nothing stays the same especially when dealing with a ancient demon. What new changes await our blonde headed shinobi? Will they be good or bad?

Ok, I know this fic only has one chapter so far, and is a wee bit shorter than most would perfer. But this fic seems to have a very acurate view on the Kyuubi. I.e no "Kit lets fuse!" And more. "Filthy mortal, I'll manipulate you with my superior intellect."

Give it a shot. Its not bad, and he's pretty good for a beginner.

Oujou Akaash
12-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Not bad. Not bad at all. I like the story, but he left it hanging when it comes to his transformation. Can't wait for more.

li.u
12-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Wow...that sound terribly cliched. And time travel at that... :?
Nah well, I'll try it anyway and edit my post later. Not like I had anything else to do atm anyway -.-

edit: Meh...nothing too special. It's good for a beginner's work but unless the story is truely awesome, no one can get me to seriously read a Kyuubi time travel fic.
Well, but since it's only the first chapter so far, I'll wait for more before I decide whether to ditch it or not.

Mercenary
12-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Until he gets more up I cant pass much judgement on it. However, at this point its off to a good start.

Banta
12-28-2006, 11:02 AM
So far...it sucks. Average writting, classic 'Kyubi causes time-travel', and Naruto gets demmon traits (he is now a halfie, and I HATE HALFIE'S!!!). Yet it is only the first chapter, so I hope that the author gets some sense or has an interesting enough plot to make me bear with the other crap.

Stalicon
12-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Erm, what demon traits would these be Revan? So far he's only gotten what I would think would be all the work he had done in the future for his body forced on a little kid.

Second. This may be a so far 'Classic Kyuubi Time travel plot' but I'm sure you won't find one where the Kyuubi is near this malicious. The sheer fact that he didn't have them buddy buddy and the above average writing for a beginner was the reason I posted it.

It seemed like he was at least trying to get down their true character.

Oujou Akaash
12-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Raven, you are an idiot. Read more carefully before you post, will ya. Stalicon is right.

The good fics like this were like the first once to come out in ff.net. The other once are just plain crap trying to get some attention. This guy is pretty good and really keeping some of them in character. Although, i was weary when it comes to naruto. The guy is like over 25 years old. His personality looks like it hasn't changed at all but at the same time, when you read carefully, he has some majoy changes. I don't know if its just me but thats what i see.

Moloch
12-30-2006, 08:21 AM
I like it. And Oujou, while I don't necessarily disagree with Revan being an idiot, note that his name is 'Revan', not 'Raven' when you tell someone to read more carefully. Lawlz.

The only beef I have with this story is the Iruka thought bit, evbery other time-travel Naruto has this or someone else thinking similar thoughts which irks me for some odd reason.

Banta
12-30-2006, 11:04 AM
I recant on the halfie part (only read to this point then stopped last time-Naruto felt another ripple of chakra tear through his body as he fell before the cage and watched as his hands slowly developed razor sharp claws and his canines elongated into fangs that made closing his mouth impossible. )but stand by on the rest, and the second chapter still makes me question wether it will be a decent fic or not.

Aensland
12-31-2006, 12:36 AM
I like it. And Oujou, while I don't necessarily disagree with Revan being an idiot, note that his name is 'Revan', not 'Raven' when you tell someone to read more carefully. Lawlz.

Revan is one of the most badass characters ever, not just a misspelling of the word raven.

Anyway, here's a fic I stumbled across a while back, it's a Bleach crossover, which may be a bit off putting, but so far the only characters from Bleach have been Yoruichi and I believe Kisuke might have been mentioned. There's no Ichigo or any of his friends in sight, and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Title: Hiding in Plain Sight
Author: Skelethin
Rating: M
Category: Action/Adventure/Drama
Summary: There are many secrets hidden in the ninja world. Some of them are greater than others. One of largest of all is hiding in plain sight. What will Naruto do when he realizes he is suddenly in the middle of one of these secrets?
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3223273/1/

Stalicon
12-31-2006, 03:15 AM
o.0

I think the author of this asked me to go over his story with an in-depth review. Said he'd seen one I had done for another story...

I'd appriciate it if you guys would go over it even if its not your cup of tea and give me some more comments to add to my review.

Credit will be given of course.

Be ready for some character rape though, he seems to drift out of characterization a bit when he gets going. He just needs a good beta though, nothing unfixable.

The Dark Lord Squash
12-31-2006, 03:33 AM
Where be the link for this story?

Edit:
never mind I see now that you must have been talking about the story above. *smack himself*

Mercenary
12-31-2006, 03:35 AM
mmm I read this before. Already left a review. Its not too bad. Its cool but as Stalicon said. The guy needs a beta.

Stalicon
12-31-2006, 04:10 AM
I think I'm going to offer to be his beta. This story seems a bit promising so far, but I'm only on chapter one.

Oujou Akaash
12-31-2006, 08:30 PM
It's an alright fic, but not something i would commit to. Few spelling mistakes and misplaced words, only minors.

The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto: A Beginning http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2348553/1/

An amazing fic with lots of drama, action, etc. It is a crossover with WarCraft. I really thought the fic was going to fail since he first started his first chapter. But this guy some how pushed passed the limits and boundries and really created something increadiable. Worth reading all the way.

6/5

He just started on his sequal. Already he has 4 chapters but i'm just going to wait.

Vincent V
12-31-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that Legend of Uzumaki Naruto was linked on the first page of this thread. But yea, it is a really good fic. I started reading it a few days ago.

Mindless
01-01-2007, 12:03 AM
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1037082/

Specula's stuff is pretty good, although he quit a little while ago due to the absolute disgrace the Naruto fan fiction-verse has become.

KeshinNoAkui
01-01-2007, 12:21 AM
I've read quite a few of Specula's stories and found them average at best. I think it has to do with lack of characterzation, nice heapings of cliches, and sometimes boring dialogue.

However, it is kinda sad that his stories are better than 90% of the stories that are out there.

Mercenary
01-01-2007, 01:06 AM
It's an alright fic, but not something i would commit to. Few spelling mistakes and misplaced words, only minors.

The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto: A Beginning http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2348553/1/

An amazing fic with lots of drama, action, etc. It is a crossover with WarCraft. I really thought the fic was going to fail since he first started his first chapter. But this guy some how pushed passed the limits and boundries and really created something increadiable. Worth reading all the way.

6/5

He just started on his sequal. Already he has 4 chapters but i'm just going to wait.
Its been registered here as "dont repost" but the names been changed so I could understand that it might look different...

Mindless
01-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I've read quite a few of Specula's stories and found them average at best. I think it has to do with lack of characterzation, nice heapings of cliches, and sometimes boring dialogue.

However, it is kinda sad that his stories are better than 90% of the stories that are out there.

True. While it isn't the greatest, there is much much worse stuff out there.

Oujou Akaash
01-01-2007, 04:45 PM
I feel that ff.net in general has dropped it's quality by so much. Heck, i don't even read any of the fics there any more. Most of the fics there just gives me the shudders. In my opinion It's not even worth to look anymore in the site.

The Dark Lord Squash
01-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Fanfiction.net still has some good stories its just getting harder and harder to actually find these stories. The fan girls are killing everything. What fanfiction needs is some "population control measures" to be put in place.

Oujou Akaash
01-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Go ahead and tell that to the admins of that site. Even they should know whats going on. But i doubt, they would go to extreme measures to "control" the site.

ghst.san
01-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Title: Outcast's Revenge
Author: Pride-Fall
Category: Angst/Tragedy
Summary: When your tired of it all, when the time has come for revenge...What will Naruto do? [OneshotRevengefic]
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2218995/1/

I am normally not an angst fan, but I kinda liked this one since it shows nicely how Naruto finally snaps under the villages pressure. Also some nice gore scenes :)

Lightning89
01-08-2007, 07:02 PM
It was nowhere exactly stated what kyuubi controls... but I think it can control all five elements and blood.
Why blood?
In the fight were he has four tails, he's bleeding... and is doing this strange attack where he eats the black chakraball, which is probably a chakra-blood-mixture.

Does someone know a fanfic where the author uses this theorie?

ghst.san
01-09-2007, 03:15 AM
In Blood Mage Naruto is able to use his blood as a weapon. Link is posted by Mercanary on page 13.
But I donīt think that the attack of Kyuubi in manga is a mixture of blood and chakra since his entire body seems to be made of superthick chakra.

DemonDream
01-09-2007, 06:31 PM
As far as we know, Kyuubi has no elements at all. In the manga, it simply stated that moving his tails could cause storms and earthquakes. It does not say this is because of elemental affinities, so I suspect it is just raw power.
Additionally, the ultra-dense chakra ball? It was mentioned that it was so heavy it would never hit anything, so the answer? Make it not heavy, which is exactly what Naruto did.

Paravon
01-09-2007, 06:44 PM
It is based on an actual god of fire.
The Kyuubi's chakra is repeatedly shown to be fiery.

This is not to mention that Kitsune are associated with fire.

Oujou Akaash
01-10-2007, 02:46 AM
it is hard to tell in the manga version when the fox was doing that super chakra move. 'crazy shit is enough to level Yew York'.

Jon
01-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Until with words, we are told, directly from the manga, that kyuubi's nature of being i fire, or other such elements, it is assumed that the elements do not concern kyuubi directly.

Oujou Akaash
01-10-2007, 07:10 PM
No, it goes two way. The fox is a mystery and the show never explained anything other than it is a demon and attacked the villege. There is a possiblity that they might explain it in later part of naruto saga and it is also a possibility that the fox is a fire demon. Angain, it can go two ways.

Banta
01-10-2007, 09:28 PM
it is also a possibility that the fox is a fire demon.
It is the Kyubi no Kitsune which translates into nine tailled fox. It is a fox demon you twit.

Its control over elements is debatable; in Japanese mythos, kitsune are said to have magical powers (which could mean control over the elements in the Naruto-verse) along with great intelligence, long life, and the ability to transform into a human (usually beautiful women, young girls, or elderly men) by the age of 100 (some stories, however, put this age at 50 instead).

Jon
01-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Please, this is the second time I will have asked, make a seperate topic for discussion, this is for the fan fic list. :P

Stalicon
01-10-2007, 09:45 PM

I thought there was a new fic.. don't make me castrate you.

This is a place for Naruto fics, not debates on what element the Kyuubi is tied to, if any. Please do as Jon says and take it to a new thread, its very irritating to come here and find that no new fics have been added.

Oujou Akaash
01-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Title: Will it be Different this time?
Author: BloodInYourVeins
Category: Action/Adventure/Humor
Summary: Summery: Uzumaki Naruto decides he would like to redo his life and make sure certain things don't happen. So, after striking up a deal with Kyuubi,
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3177798/1/

This is a pretty good fic, easy to read and has a little bit of originality. It's worth it.

It is the Kyubi no Kitsune which translates into nine tailled fox. It is a fox demon you twit.

Its control over elements is debatable; in Japanese mythos, kitsune are said to have magical powers (which could mean control over the elements in the Naruto-verse) along with great intelligence, long life, and the ability to transform into a human (usually beautiful women, young girls, or elderly men) by the age of 100 (some stories, however, put this age at 50 instead).

I know it is a fox demon you simpleton. Who doesn't. I'm talking about the fire part, not the fox demon part. Read carefully next time before you make a comment like that and dont make a fool of your self. I hope you are atleast able to understand this much.

Banta
01-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Title: Will it be Different this time?
Author: BloodInYourVeins
Category: Action/Adventure/Humor
Summary: Summery: Uzumaki Naruto decides he would like to redo his life and make sure certain things don't happen. So, after striking up a deal with Kyuubi,
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3177798/1/

This is a pretty good fic, easy to read and has a little bit of originality. It's worth it.

I know it is a fox demon you simpleton. Who doesn't. I'm talking about the fire part, not the fox demon part. Read carefully next time before you make a comment like that and dont make a fool of your self. I hope you are atleast able to understand this much.
Meh, its so-so at worst and average at best. I'll get back on my opinions once I read more (only on second chapter right now).

Oh, and I'm takin this little discussion of ours onto PM's.

KeshinNoAkui
01-12-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm pretty sure no one's recomended, if I'm wrong, to go ahead and -rep me.

Title: Ocarina of Konoha
Author: lackofname
Rating: Teen
Genre: Parody/Action/Adventure
Pairing: None
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2958594/1/
Summary: In a fictional forest, a blonde haired, blue eyed boy was about to become a hero. Unfortunately, said blue eyed blonde was off in Zelda: Majora's Mask. So the casting director plucked out his next choice... His name was Naruto Uzumaki.

I read this months ago, and found it hilarious. Tons of breaking the 4th wall, some crude humor (that I remember), but overall a very well-written "what-if" story.

Dark Syaoran
01-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I never opened that story because the summary put me off. For some reason, I never noticed it was marked down as Parody. I thought it was serious. I may give this a read.

As for Kyuubi... in the Naruto Universe, we have no idea if it controlled any elements. The old Japanese Myth, I believe, had the Kyuubi's symbolic element as fire, but I am unsure if this is correct or not.

Kyuubi no Youko is the strongest (S Level) Bijuu of the Japanese Myth. Its body has a red fur; Kyuubi represents the element of Fire. Its abilities are incredible. Because it has never been defeated by any youkai, its total strength is unable to estimate. His tails create cyclones by spinning quickly, and Kyuubi proceeds to rip its enemies with its huge claws. At the same time his fur may shoot fireballs similar to meteorites endlessly, instantly destroying villages. In the ancient Bijuu wars, a challenge results in Houkou being severely wounded, and Nekomata nearly dying, but ending up being rescued by his master, Shinigami (God of Death). Yamata no Orochi depended on the Kusanagi no Tsurugi to fight Kyuubi, but was defeated and the sword received a cracked hole, courtesy of our kitsune.This can be found here (http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=57918).

If you want to continue talking about the Kyuubi and it's 'element', make a thread.

li.u
01-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Well, actually there is already one. Just a day or so old...shouldn't have been too hard to find: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=4586

Shukaku is a bijuu in the form of Raccon Dog (Tanuki of the Japanese mythology). ... He has a playful and extravagant personality, resembling the Tanuki nature. Has a pretty active sexual life.
Ehh... O_o

Xenon
01-12-2007, 11:19 PM
ke ke ke

Of course! Garra's the only character with henticales in canon.

Stalicon
01-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Ocarina was hilarious. Its taken its place in my favorites thats for sure. Lofl @ demon fairies.

Scarty
01-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Title: Toys (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3336263/1/)
Author: The Greedy Weasel (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1190322/)
Rating: NC/17
Category: Romance/BDSM
Summary: Kin and Tayuya were rarely gentle with each other... [Kin x Tayuya] WARNING: BDSM [NC17]
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3336263/1/ (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2218995/1/)

----

I didn't know if to post, but I like it. It's not bad and interesting.
What do you think?

Manatheron
01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Title: Stranger Than Fiction (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3092869/1/)
Author: DsirinWsdm (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/198075/)
Category: Drama/General

Summary: Konoha is abuzz with word of the new hit novel, The Kyu Ninja Chronicles, and its mystery writer simply known as 9T. Secrets abound as the truth hidden within the fiction stands to change everything as they know it.

Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3092869/1/

------

I have finally found a Naruto fic that I can call a Tear-jerker.

IndoGhost
01-18-2007, 01:56 PM
I read that fic three times yesterday...I donno why but its just good.

Banta
01-20-2007, 12:50 AM
I teared all right, but that was do to me having a cold when I read this. Interesting premise, I'll give it that, but it doesn't have that factor that makes me want to read it again. Above Average it may be, it is still better than the majority of Naruto-fics on the market these days; which makes the fact that this is good all the more bitter.

LT2000
01-20-2007, 12:53 AM
I tried to read it, but it didn't hold my interest for some reason or another.

Manatheron
01-20-2007, 12:54 AM
I teared all right, but that was do to me having a cold when I read this. Interesting premise, I'll give it that, but it doesn't have that factor that makes me want to read it again. Above Average it may be, it is still better than the majority of Naruto-fics on the market these days; which makes the fact that this is good all the more bitter.

You know, there are a couple of pretty good C2 Groups that will filter out the worst of the rubbish for you...

Jheph
01-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Title: An Honest Mistake
Author: dave-d
Category: Humor
Summary: Tsunade has Sai address an assembly of shinobi, giving them all a chance to get to know him better. A misunderstanding on his part leads him to say things he shouldn't have.
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3235597/1/

uriel
01-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Okay fixed the links they should work now i had an extra "http://" in there

Title: Naruto: Mokuzaimusha
Author: JackOfBladesX
Category: Action/Adventure/Angst
Summary:What if Naruto is an indirect relative of the first Hokage. What if his spirit broke a long time ago. What if he hated Konaha. What if he learned a move other than Kage Bunshin.

Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3066620/1/

Good story, decently written. Features a Naruto who can control, and perform Wood element techniques like the First Hokage

----

Title: Naruto Gaiden
Author: Kyugan
Rating: K+
Category: General
Summary:Exposed to the Kyuubi from a young age, Naruto endeavors to control his demonic Kekkei Genkai, and prove to the world he is no demon. NaruHina

Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3303185/1/

----

Title: Cry of the Youko
Author: Kyugan
Category: General/Romance
Summary:Youko, otherwise reffered to as Demon foxes. Cunning, swift, masters of thievery, seduction and deceit. Konoha is about to learn the hard way what it means to have one living under their noses. NaruHina, eventual NaruHarem

Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3332950/1/

Same author as above with similar beginning but has Naruto kicking ass and taking names from a young age, with a slightly darker tone overall.

----

Title: Naruto: Legacy of the Hokages
Author: Lysander45
Category: General/Action/Adventure
Summary: When Naruto learnt of the Kyuubi inside of him, something was unlocked. A power long dormant within his mind, a power that hold the key to the life, death and beyond. Naruto my way, following the manga story fairly rigidly, but diverging more as we go.

Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3253037/1/

----

Title: Death of a Demon, Birth of A
Author: Black Saint
Category: Action/Adventure/Romance
Summary: What if the sealing had gone as planned? What if Naruto was the keeper of the dead king Biju’s chakra and had the memories of a long dead Kyuubi. What if he was still treated as if he were the Kyuubi reborn, would he still be Konoha's angel? Naru?[NoYaoi]

Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3183912/1/

This one's pretty sweet. Mild Bleach, Naruto Crossover but instead of involving the characters from bleach, it has a "shinigami" sealed inside of Naruto, which allows Naruto to use Death God powers in combat without having to go all Ghost and all that.

Probably wont see any Bleach characters or even involve Soul society in this Fic.

Stalicon
01-23-2007, 04:22 PM
None of your links work...

Title:Fetish? What's a Fetish?
Author: X Serac
Genre: Humor/Romance
Summary:Naruto must learn about something. Something that will change his life, and the lives of those around him. Whether it be for the better or worse remains to be seen, but either way, Naruto is about to learn about sex.
Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3313914/1/

This is by the same author as Mating Season, its hilarious. Read it, Now.

uriel
01-23-2007, 10:57 PM
fixed those links just for you stalicon =P

Oujou Akaash
01-24-2007, 10:49 PM
i think I'm going to read the mild bleach crossover. It sounds interesting.

MrMucus
02-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Title: Deus Ex Machina
Author: Kraken's Ghost
Ratin...

http://krakensghost.livejournal.com/47536.html

Anyways onto the story

Its a Naruto time travel fic (teh horror!!1!)

I hate time travel fics in this fandom but I throughly enjoyed this one.

Stalicon
02-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Is there only one chapter to this?

Myst
02-05-2007, 12:47 AM
mhm.. I thought that fic was decent, but I am going to be somewhat annoyed at the.. apparent future lack of fighting and more sitting around trying to find a cure.

Hopefully that won't be the case.

Stalicon
02-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Wow, what a let down. I mean the one chapternish, and from what I understand, he has a horrible update record.

Still, amazingly good quality story. Kept me interested and I really liked the style of writing Kraken uses.

Pros: Plague is a very orginal reason for TT.
Cons: None come to mind at this moment.

Dark Syaoran
02-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Heh. Mucus linked me this when he first found it. It started interesting but I was worried that the very awesome character wouldn't be Naruto, but an OC. In time, we discover it is Naruto, but from the future.

Normally, at this point, I'd of closed the page, since time-travel and Naruto just don't work. It hardly works in Harry Potter, a fandom with canon proof of time-manipulation of that scale. However, I continued and found the story better than expected.

The plague was a nice touch. I didn't expect that. I don't think he'll be sitting around, trying to find a cure forever, Myst. He's 12? Or 11. So, obviously, since he isn't actually a ninja yet, he won't be fighting anyone, but I'm sure he'll be training. And I'm sure he'll actually fight. The problem is, will the author get that far into the story?

Just look at the other epic length story of his. Nine chapters, 200k + words, and not much actually happening. Well written, with nice ideas, but nothing really good happening in the fighting department or even the romance department, which was being set up.

I just hope this doesn't turn out like that. A big disappointment.

fantasyfreak
02-05-2007, 09:41 AM
it was decent for a time travel but I can't ever seem to enjoy a time travel fic

Dark Syaoran
02-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Apparently, someone on FFN went to Kraken's Live Journal and copied the story, posting it on FFN. Lulz. It was barely up an hour and it was found by Kraken's fans and myself, surprisingly.

What an idiot.

DvorakQ
02-06-2007, 07:25 PM
~Naruto Story Compilation~
1. Never Cut Twice
2. Forever and a Day
3. Team 8
4. Foxhound
6. Lack of Motivation
7. Eyes of Fire and Ice
8. Will you be my friend?
9. The Demon Behind The Mask
10. Another path in life
11. Change for the Better
12. AURA
13. A Motion Too Far
14. I Won't be Ignored
15. Ramen no Jutsu!
16. Beasts
17. Where the Loyalties Lie
18. Soragakure, Hidden Village Of The Sky
19. Nine Tailed Serpent
20. With the Heart and Underwear of Fire
21. A New Cause
22. Shadow Fox
23. Imminent Change
24. The Indirect Approach
25. Walking the Road
26. The Last One
27. The Savant
28. Fox Identity
29. The Uzumaki Prodigy
30. Bound to Eternity
31. An Alternate Path
32. Brothers of the Sand
33. By These Fists
34. Cold Blue Metal
35. Fortune's Fool
36. Naruto Different Beginnings
37. Naruto Legacy of the Rasengan
38. Sin Eater
39. Sins of the Past
40. Ah! My Naruto
41. Trouble With A Capital T
42. Development of the Golden Serpent
43. The Ice Princess of Konoha
44. Training for the Job
45. Legacy of Konoha
46. The Rankless Shinobi
47. I Won’t Look Far into the Future
48. For The Love Of My Friends
49. A New Leaf
50. Destiny of a Shinobi
51. Bloody Whiskers
52. A Foxy Legend
53. Zero Gravity
54. Son of the Serpent
55. Scarlet
56. Black Sheep
57. Momochi Naruto!
58. Growth of a Shinobi
59. A New Naruto
60. Happy Ending
61. Blue Moon Howling
62. The Lazy Uchiha
63. Naruto :Altered History
64. The Red Sun
65. Issekigan
66. Child of the Earth
67. Prove the Pervert Wrong
68. Naruto : Nindo Genesis
69. The Broken Butterfly
70. From Six
71. Master Nin
72. Dueling Harmonies
73. Naruto of the Mirage
74. Sevant of Darkness
75. Intertwined
76. Perpetual Smile
77. The Golden Fox
78. Two Halves
79. Demon Serpent
80. Music to Rouse the Savage Beast
81. Kage of the Graves
82. When Sakura Blossoms Bloom
83. These Crimson eyes
84. Son of a Monkey
85. Something to Die for
86. Legion of the Leaf
87. Naruto: Kage Bunshin!
88. Will it be Different this time?
89. Child of the Toukestu Jurin
90. Lacking Sight (series)
91. But he's just a ramen chef
92. Abyssus
93. Over The Hills And Far Away
94. You Owe Me
95. Unchained Memory
96. The Loudmouth and the Pottymouth
97. Insanity's Ending
98. Dreams Abandoned, Promises Kept
99. Friendship story
100. Tempered in Water
101. The Dobe's War
102. Blood Mage
103. The Crimson Road to The Sapphire Past
104. Hiding in Plain Sight
105. The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto: A Beginning (series )
106. Outcast's Revenge
107. Will it be Different this time?
108. Ocarina of Konoha
109. Toys
110. Stranger Than Fiction
111. An Honest Mistake
112. Naruto: Mokuzaimusha
113. Naruto Gaiden
114. Cry of the Youko
115. Naruto: Legacy of the Hokages
116. Death of a Demon, Birth of A
117. Fetish? What's a Fetish
118. Deus Ex Machina

Update of Surrarin's Page 9 post. Honestly, I think there should be a separate category in the DLP Library for Naruto fanfics. Would make life much easier.

Jon
02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd neg you, but it's disbaled and lazy.

We'll never get a section for Naruto, imply because Raven doesn't like anime.

li.u
02-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Well, it isn't a HP forum for nothing after all so that' rather understandable. The sad thing is that a site revolving around HP fandom is somehow also the best option to get halfway decent Naruto fics. That's of course implying that you're not some sort of ravenous fangirl out to devour any Naru/Saku slash fic in mere seconds.

If you're one of those, then the countless Naruto 'quality' fiction forums out there are just the right place for you...that and your soul should forever rot in hell.

Dark Syaoran
02-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Honestly, I think there should be a separate category in the DLP Library for Naruto fanfics. Would make life much easier.Dude, no. This isn't 'Dark Lord Naruto' or anything. It's a Harry Potter site which generously allows other fandom fanfiction to be posted in 'Other Books and T.V. Shows Discussion'.
The sad thing is that a site revolving around HP fandom is somehow also the best option to get halfway decent Naruto fics.It is quite sad, isn't it? Anyway, I may make a sticky thread with the list of stories at a later time. It'd be locked, though. It'll just be for people to quickly find the titles.

Oh, and 'Cry of the Youko' sucks. Kyuubi cries!? Tha fuck?

Stalicon
02-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Indeed. Unfortunatly, I lack the know how to make a Naruto forum, and am too poor to pay someone else :(.

But hey, I'm sure they arent' all bad /Sarogasm

We've already talked about this the last time someone suggested so, and it was a quite firm 'no'. So please, lets not waste further brain cells...

yojorocks
02-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Heh. Mucus linked me this when he first found it. It started interesting but I was worried that the very awesome character wouldn't be Naruto, but an OC. In time, we discover it is Naruto, but from the future.

Normally, at this point, I'd of closed the page, since time-travel and Naruto just don't work. It hardly works in Harry Potter, a fandom with canon proof of time-manipulation of that scale. However, I continued and found the story better than expected.

The plague was a nice touch. I didn't expect that. I don't think he'll be sitting around, trying to find a cure forever, Myst. He's 12? Or 11. So, obviously, since he isn't actually a ninja yet, he won't be fighting anyone, but I'm sure he'll be training. And I'm sure he'll actually fight. The problem is, will the author get that far into the story?

it was decent for a time travel but I can't ever seem to enjoy a time travel fic

I don't want to come across as some sort of Kinsfire-esque fanboy, but have either of you tried For the Love of My Friends (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2147268/1/)? I know it was posted on here a while ago, and both of you might be interested in it.

Seriously, it's one of the longest consistently updated fics on the web right now with a fairly deep plot centering around time travel. It does have some pretty damn well written fights, original ones to boot instead of ones copied striaght off the anime that are commonly transposed onto FF.net. It has some theory behind time travel buried in the later chapters that I absolutely loved (thanks to Shika), and even some glimpses at a more ruthless ANBU-Naruto. Naruto isn't perfect, making mistakes along the way, so it's don't worry about Uber-Killer-Naruto-Orochi-Smackdown-Beast coming back to become Hokage at 13.

I will be the first to admit, it's very hard to find a decent time travel fic in any genre, but at least try this one before dismissing the possibility of time travel in Naruto. Maybe it's the exception to the rule, but if there is one exception, don't rule out any others you might come across automatically. Granted, I concur with you in this particular story, but still...

Yojo

Dark Syaoran
02-07-2007, 04:55 AM
I think I tried to read that once already and didn't carry through with it. I can't remember why, exactly, but I hardly ever ditch a story unless I have a good reason, since it isn't in my notepad file I store links in that I'm 'currently reading but had to stop for whatever reason'.

I may give it another go.

Anyway, Stal, Naruto Fan has some decent threads. Not many when compared to it's size, but me and Mucus have both found some very good threads, especially if you are going to write a story. But yeah, they are very few and far between.

li.u
02-07-2007, 05:09 AM
While I admit that I was rather adverse towards time travel from the beginning, I decided to give your recommended fic a try. While the whole time travel thing is a slight blemish in my book to begin with, it was rather everything else in this story that irked me.

At the beginning I definitely see an Uber-Naruto as Hokage who could probably kill anyone he encounters (including the evil and mean Orochimaru) but he has to stay in the village, lest it be destroyed the second he leaves...While I can live with that premise, it still struck me as rather strange.

Ok. So this Uber-Naruto gets thrown back into his midget body...with increased strength and doubled chakra. Yeah great...Here I actually considered quitting, but opted for skipping a bit ahead to see where this goes.

I can understand he's all happy that he can see his friends again and shit. Still, it was rather painful to read. Add a typically bad Naru/Hina relationship to that...it wasn't very pleasant.

So now to the part where I finally stopped reading:
He meets Sasuke. He's happy. Sasuke is an ass as usual. Nothing surprising so far. Then the first thing Naruto does in order to appease Sasuke is teach him one of his Uber-techniques. A homing fire dragon, that is practically immortal and can fight on till it's extinguished. You might disagree, but that sounds fairly overpowered to me.

You mentioned some more interesting parts as well like Anbu!Naruto later on but if I can't even get past the initial chapters, it doesn't make much sense to continue reading to a point where it might get better.

This story might be something for someone who just got into Naruto fictions...God knows how many crappy stories I read happily when I first strayed into fandom. Everything, from badly written Naru/Hina to overpowered Kyuubi!Naruto, is great then. Still, as I see it now and from how far I've actually read it, the story is rather bad and it definitely doesn't make me see time travel in a new light.

Mercenary
02-08-2007, 02:27 AM
The sad thing is that a site revolving around HP fandom is somehow also the best option to get halfway decent Naruto fics.

Its not really that sad, I mean even though the two fandoms are vastly different some, if not all, of our fanfiction standards do bleed over. Unfortunatly, as you said, we are not at Dark Lord Naruto so I dont think we would be seeing a Naruto subforum.

Dark Syaoran
02-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Unfortunatly, as you said, we are not at Dark Lord Naruto so I dont think we would be seeing a Naruto subforum.
Definitely not. Raven would slit his own throat before making one.

Anyway, Sera updated. :)

yojorocks
02-10-2007, 12:13 AM
While I admit that I was rather adverse towards time travel from the beginning, I decided to give your recommended fic a try. While the whole time travel thing is a slight blemish in my book to begin with, it was rather everything else in this story that irked me.
Still, as I see it now and from how far I've actually read it, the story is rather bad and it definitely doesn't make me see time travel in a new light.

Fair enough, I guess. It's been a while since I have read the beginning, and it does seem like a more lighthearted fic overall. I guess, then, that you are indeed correct about the general shittiness of Naruto time travel fics. I concede defeat to your logic.

On a similar note, some of the other things you disliked so much, like powerful!Naruto in a not so powerful body: I have seen very few adult!Naruto fics that actually address this issue. Most fics have him at the oldest 17 (usually around 15, though) when he is uberpowerful and utterly oozes charm at Hinata, Sakura, or (heaven forbid) Sasuke. Given that, do you have any suggestions on what we can read? I don't want to sound belligerent, but if you open up that as a qualification, there aren't many fics out there... If I'm honest with myself, I really can't think of any with the exception of a handful of short oneshots. Nearly everything is Godlike!powers, uber!Fluff, or Kyuubi!enhanced!physique Naruto. I don't like it, but in order to actually read Naruto fanfiction, I have to lower my standards...

Dark Syaoran
02-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Sometimes, I feel like lowering my standards for Harry Potter stories, just so I'll have things to read. But I won't let myself.

Kyuubi!Enhanced Naruto isn't bad, if written right. If he is instantly stronger than Itachi and looks like a Roman statue, because he's so ripped, then yeah, that sucks. But I've seen quite a few where Kyuubi has actually hindered Naruto. Not many, but they are there. Then there are ones where he has become stronger, stronger than the rest of the Rookie 9, but Kakashi could still wipe the floor with him. Then those AU's where it swaps a few of the effects Kyuubi has on his body for different effects like the ability to control fire, or not insane stamina but insane chakra recharging.

It just takes longer to find these stories. And, I agree, out of the 30,000+ stories, there isn't many. I have, what? 120 Naruto stories on my favorites list? That doesn't even make a dent in 30,000. And even some of those, I need to remove.

My Harry Potter C2 has 170-180 stories, out of 200,000+ stories.

It's just how it is, I guess.

li.u
02-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Most fics have him at the oldest 17 (usually around 15, though) when he is uberpowerful and utterly oozes charm at Hinata, Sakura, or (heaven forbid) Sasuke. Given that, do you have any suggestions on what we can read?
I don't like it, but in order to actually read Naruto fanfiction, I have to lower my standards...Well, I can't tell you what to read and what not. If you enjoy a story, that's good for you, be happy for that. I have read many things in fandom that somehow fascinated me despite my mind telling me that it's utter shit...and I still do..occasionally. As long as you like what you read, that's fine.

Again, it's your decision whether you lower your reading standards or not. Though reading crap just for the sake of reading something doesn't sound appealing to me. As I've already said, as long as a story keeps your interest, it's your thing whether to read it or not, no matter how bad people like me think it is.

That being said, you shouldn't let a simple, if rather negative review like mine deter you from continuing to read whatever you like.

Dark Syaoran
02-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Title: The Crimson Ninja
Author: Insaneiac The Maniac
Category: Action/Adventure/Drama
Summary: He is the very last of his people, a clan of shinobi extinguished by all the other countries. After awaking to his ruined village, this survivor wants justice brought to his dead people. He is the last of the Shurajo clan. He is the Crimson Ninja.

Link: FanFiction.Net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3380259/1/)

Only has one chapter so far, but it's quite interesting. It has a... different feel than other stories. The summary reminded me of 'Shinobito: Way of the Ninja' for Playstation 2 and it does have some things from the game, but I'm not sure if that was intentional or not.

It has a few things that seem magical but that isn't abnormal. Not really, when you take Ninjutsu into account.

Naruto hasn't appeared yet as the first chapter is based on setting up the Hidden Cloud. I'm not sure if this is completely AU or not, though. Naruto could be just Naruto, or he could be this Crimson Ninja thing. I have no idea. Since the word demon is brought up a few times, it's possible. Either way, it doesn't matter to me at this point.

Anyway, interesting read regardless. I'll be watching this closely.

KeshinNoAkui
02-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Title: Only Human (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3365894/1/)
Author: Deathfire-San
Genre: Action/Adventure
Summary:[AU] Naruto left Konoha behind for two years because the villagers thought he was a demon. Coming back, he realized many ninja knew he was only human. Naruto modeled after Kakashi. NarutoxTemarixTenten.

A rather interesting story, where Naruto isn't super after 2 years of training, but is about Chuunin-level, even though some events don't make sense at first. And it's not going to be a "everyone shares" or "harem" story, as the author states that the pairing will be different.

Title: After Death (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2764446/1/)
Author: Meinos Kaen
Genre: Action/Adventure/Humor
Pairing: Undecided but hinted at a few (no Naru/Hina/Saku/Sasu)
Summary: There's who believes there's nothing, after death... But Naruto, immediately after dieing, found something... Or better, someone. And he declared himself as a Shinigami. NarutoXBleach Crossover! RXR! Please!

Decent crossover, with it not being the traditional "mix up" with the universes, however, Naruto does become a Shinigami but don't think he's uber (he does get powerful by the end though). It did have a sequel, however it disappeared after the first chapter was posted (and he went back to the Shinobi Continents), with no apparent possiblity of it appearing again.

Dark Syaoran
02-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I've seen that 'Only Human' around heaps, but I was scared to click the link. From the summary, it screams 'Uber-Powerful' Naruto after two years away, then he has two girlfriends. Heh. But since you said it was different, I'll give it a chance.

MadEyes
02-12-2007, 06:23 PM
I havenít posted in this forum in quite a bit, I know. Not for lack of interest, but for lack of available time. Still, this is the first day of my two-week vacation, and the first time that Iíve actually have free time in months! And imagine my surprise when I find that the first notice from DLP that I can actually answer is from the Naruto thread? I couldnít resists, so I had to post the link to a few ficís that Iíve been reading that you guys havenít placed here yet.

I checked the list to see if these were on first, but Iíll re-read the whole thread in the coming few days just to see what you guys have been talking about. If I knew which ones youíve liked more then others I could make better recommendations. Still, before you go reading what I recommend you should all be aware that Iím a sucker for a powerful, intelligent Naruto, the more believable the better. And if youíve read any of my ficís youíd know that Iím more of a sucker then Tsunade when it comes to super-powered ficís. So keep that in mind.

First my own fic, which Iím gonna update as soon as I can:

Title: Divergence (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2842035/1/)
Author: Nawaki.
Genre: General
Summary: [AU] An impossible achievement brings about great changes in the stream of time as new ripples in the pond of life erase many past mistakes, leaving the ever present uncertainty of what will come to be faced with better odds...

Itís a time-travel story, but it doesnít follow cannon and the circumstances are a bit more different then normal. If anyone reads it I wonít mind a bit of criticism. Still, you should know that I have this planned, time-lined and mapped, from the sequel to its third part. Still, you should know that it hasnít gotten to where the shit hits the fan, so itís still pretty mild.

Title: The Dichotomy of Kazama Naruto (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3360843/1/)
Author: Thundereaper
Genre: General/Action/Adventure
Summary: What lies behind the Shiki Fuujin? Who is Naruto, really? Told from the Mizuki incident onwards, a new Naruto emerges, smarter, stronger, and better. Female Kyuubi. NaruXFemKyuuXUndecidedHarem. Rated M for language, violence and later content. Long.

Its one of those sort-of-good, misunderstood, female Kyuubi ficís which I normally avoid like the plague. Still, this one is an interesting specimen and I like how itís turning out so far, even if there are a couple of things that just rub me the wrong way.

Title: ANBU BRAT (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3333378/1/)
Author: Naruto-pwns-Kyuubi
Genre: General/Action/Adventure
Summary: At a young age Naruto goes to live at ANBU HQ for his own safety, Naruto is befriended by those around him, how will this affect the Naruto story. NaruTen or NaruTem.

This one is regular and even if it has a few new elements its pretty much standard with whatís being written at the moment. Itís neither good nor bad, but it helps pass the time.

Title: The Pride of Suna (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3101000/1/)
Author: Legendary Legacy
Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
Summary: AU. The fight against Mizuki goes worse than expected, and Naruto flees from Konoha in anguish. He eventually passes out in the desert, where he's found by a trio of Suna siblings...

Naruto as a Suna Shinobi, training with Gaara and his team; its one of the first Iíve read with this plot that doesnít suck, but I still donít know how it will develop and how good it might turn up, but then again, maybe thatís a good thing.

Title: Neo Yondaime Hokage (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3201446/1/)
Author: Psycho G
Genre: Romance/Drama
Summary: AU. In battling and defeating Kyuubi No Kitsune, the sealing jutsu unexpectedly sealed away Yondaime Hokage into Naruto. What will life for Naruto be like now that Yondaime is sealed away into him?

Of course, with the Yondaime being sealed instead of the Kyuubi, along with the fact that heís being absorbed into Naruto, I really havenít seen a fic like this one before. It is pretty good, even if Naruto is too powerful, even by my standards. He has the automatic respect and admiration from the whole village which makes him a bit arrogant, but at the same time this still makes him want to be recognized by the villagers as his own person and what not.

I think its one of those ficís where you either like it or not.

Anyways, thatís it for now. I have to check the list and see if the other stories that I have in mind havenít been posted as well, so Iíll se what I can find...

Aensland
02-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Title: Fata Morgana
Author: Aensland
Genre: General
Summary: Naruto was given a gift. A talent for mischief, and an affinity for Genjutsu. Skills that led him to taking life as a ninja more seriously, though only just.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3390309/1/

In this particular fic I've made a few changes to the world. One, I've changed the fox's nature a bit, so instead of being an insane chakra battery, Naruto has an affinity for genjutsu (though he still has his own already freakish stamina). This caused a few other things in turn, namely Naruto isn't a freaking idiot, noticing the potential his talent in genjutsu had for pranks, he actually studied it, which led to becoming serious about being a ninja in general.
Two, well... long story short the sealing of the fox has left Naruto suffering from Mania, and has bi-polar tendencies, except instead of depression, he goes into a kyuubiistic rage.

fantasyfreak
02-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Good fic Aensland but I'll reserve major judgment till I see more chapters.
I personally can't stand ANBU BRAT it's just another badly written superNaruto fic with totaly unbelievable characters for example Kakashi is written like a obsessive father figure. The characters are way to OC for my tastes

Rhynim
02-12-2007, 09:29 PM
interesting story Aensland i sure hope you do continue to update it, because this looks like one i will keep my eyes on.

Jon
02-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Aens, you're on Alert. ^_^

Aensland
02-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks! I'd love to get some actual critiques on this, as I'm going to be altering how genjutsu works in the Narutoverse. As it stands now... I despise how Kishimoto set it up. Oh, and Tempered in Water was updated for anyone who cares.

Jon
02-12-2007, 10:34 PM
your way looks a bit like how I used Genjutsu in aAP, so far it's good, i'd suggest you deviate a bit more from canon to compound people's interest, instead of just creating another Gen-Wav-Chu set of arcs.

Aensland
02-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, and as much as I love zabuza and haku, I get tired of reading it over and over again, so I'm trying to think up another suitable mission to subsitute instead. [Edit: Which I think I may have just found, I'm off to write this down.]

Oh, and here's a fic I found a while back:

Title: Shrouded Orange
Author: Vesvius B
Summary: Naruto and Sasuke died in the Valley of the End. Almost as soon as death takes them, they're attacked by a giant monster with a hole in it. And who the hell's that kid with the white hair? NarutoBleach Xover

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3343424/1/

It has some issues with the timing of when certain people were in the Shinigami academy, but other than that it was a fairly entertaining way to kill some time.

Dark Syaoran
02-13-2007, 06:07 PM
What's with all the Bleach crossovers lately? Urgh. I've yet to read one I like.

Aensland
02-13-2007, 06:17 PM
What's with all the Bleach crossovers lately? Urgh. I've yet to read one I like.

Heh, sorry, but here's another one. Though, there is only one bleach element in this one. No other characters will be showing up in it.

Title: Crimson Edge
Author: Fosfor
Summary: Uzumaki Naruto always knew he was special. He always knew he was important. He thought it was because of the Kyuubi. Turns out he got two out of the three right. [Bleach crossover]

Link: http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=47381

This guy has one of the best characterizations of Temari that I have ever read. From what I understand he's also dyslexic, so a few spelling errors might have gotten through the editing process. Edit: Though it looks like he has someone else helping with the editing now, so that may not be an issue.

Stalicon
02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
The Bleach xovers haven't been very good quality so far, and I'm starting to wander if there is going to be a good one.

Interesting ideas, bad execution. In either flat writing style or just lack of characterization.

EDIT: I'll add on if this one seems any better, if not my statement stands.

Ranatama
02-13-2007, 06:41 PM
I really like Tempered In Water, can't wait for the next update!
I've also never read Bleach Xovers that I liked, but there are a few that I can stand. I have to read something, or I'll go crazy.
I'll go read Fata Morgana right now, the concept of Genjutsu!Naruto is very interesting...(Wasn't it mentioned in the Naruto Challenge thread?)

Stalicon
02-13-2007, 06:53 PM
I take it back about the bleach cross overs, this one rocks. You my friend, will be getting rep for a job well done.

Seriously, this is just my kind of writings style, good vocabulary, awsome flow.

Ranatama
02-13-2007, 06:58 PM
What happened to adding onto your previous post? ;)

As for Fata Morgana, I like it, but Naruto seems a little too accepting of the need to be killed if he goes "kyuubiistic". Other than that, it appears that I now have another story to watch for updates. Still have Shrouded Orange and Crimson Edge (what's with all the colors?) to read, will probably do that later.

Aensland
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
What happened to adding onto your previous post? ;)

As for Fata Morgana, I like it, but Naruto seems a little too accepting of the need to be killed if he goes "kyuubiistic". Other than that, it appears that I now have another story to watch for updates. Still have Shrouded Orange and Crimson Edge (what's with all the colors?) to read, will probably do that later.

Yeah, someone else had mentioned that to me too, so I'm going to have to add some internal dialogue somewhere showing his thoughts on the matter.

Dango-Fetish
02-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I take it back about the bleach cross overs, this one rocks. You my friend, will be getting rep for a job well done.

Seriously, this is just my kind of writings style, good vocabulary, awsome flow.

I've just finished reading the encounter with Benihime and I already love it. Benihime is my favorite zanpaktou (sp?), and this fic' depicts her personification exactly how I imagined. Very vivid language too.Top stuff. :D

I'm somewhat saddened that someone beat me to this idea, but i doubt I would have done it as much justice as this. Again - great stroy.

Ranatama
02-13-2007, 09:04 PM
It's sad, but I can't remember all the different Captains and vice-captains, and their zanpakutos. It's been like a year since I last watched an episode of Bleach (and Naruto for that matter), but I am enjoying Crimson Edge. Naruto is a little too overpowered, I think. I can understand being able to use the high powered attack on instinct, but being able to beat TenTen?

BTW, what are Benihime's abilities? The name struck me as familiar but the only ones I know the abilities of are Senbonzakura and Zabimaru.

Jon
02-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Benihime is uruku's or whatever the guy's name is. The Shop owner. It has the ability to create a shield, and to 'sing' Which is an energy blast.

Dango-Fetish
02-13-2007, 09:48 PM
BTW, what are Benihime's abilities? The name struck me as familiar but the only ones I know the abilities of are Senbonzakura and Zabimaru.

In the canon, Benihime belongs to Urahara ("sandal 'n' hat") Kisuke. From what we have seen, Benihime has a "Bloodmist shield" - which is basically a large hexagonal red blob of reiatsu used as a shield, as well as being able to release a large blast of spirit energy, similar to that of a "Cero" or zangetsu's "Getsuga tenshou".

Hope that was enlightening for you. If you need BLEACH info, I recommend http://www.bleachexile.com/

Edit: Surarrin beat me to it... but you get the idea.

Ranatama
02-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the info, I'm thinking something is wrong with my internet connection. Google only just now started to work for me o_o

japanese_jew
02-13-2007, 11:00 PM
It's interesting, since Naruto and Bleach are pretty similar, except that Naruto focuses on the Ninjutsu (Kido/Demon Arts in Bleach), while Bleach focuses on special attacks and quickness. Two sides of the same coin, with more actual training in Naruto. HunterxHunter and Naruto are pretty similar too, although it seems like Gon starts out a little too ridiculously powerful. I wouldn't mind seeing a HunterxHunter x Naruto crossover, potentially very interesting.

Dark Syaoran
02-14-2007, 02:24 AM
I really like Tempered In Water, can't wait for the next update! Indeed. It seems that someone has finally written a decent Female Haku story. And it looks like they'll probably end up together later in the story, when they are older. At least the author has brains and doesn't try to pair them off now.

As for this other Bleach crossover, I think I'll give it a try based off Stal's comments. I do hope I'm not disappointed.

Dark Syaoran
02-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Well, I have to admit, that's the best Naruto/Bleach crossover I've read. Well written, good fights, and very interesting.

The talking sword gets on my nerves a bit, though. It's just like Kyuubi in most stories, where it talks nonstop. But whatever.

Tenten got a decent amount of screen time. The bitch almost orgasmed when he revealed his sword. That freak has it goin' on. Probably one of the only stories around where I liked her character. I was expecting Temari, however, since that is what Aensland said.
This guy has one of the best characterizations of Temari that I have ever read. Did you mean Tenten? Because all Temari really did was beat the living crap out of Sakura, which I have to say, was awesome to read. Broke both her arms. I loved it. She did everything but piss on the girl.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Jon
02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Tut, tut, Double Post Syao.

Benihime needs to talk and interact alot or else it wouldn't be Benihime ;) I know she seems like Kyuubi but give her a chance, she is basically an integral part of Naruto, more so then Kyuubi is, by far. Consider her an extension of his soul, if you would.

Aensland
02-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I actually did mean Temari. There are very few fics (that I've read at least) that I feel do Temari justice, and it was the way she destroyed Sakura, both verbally and physically (both with, and without her fan) struck a cord with me. Especially those ending lines. "Well, I guess I'm through... there's nothing left to break." That fits perfectly my image of Temari.

Though I do agree, that Tenten is a very well developed character in this one, too.

Stalicon
02-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I didn't like Temari, does she talk like that in the manga?... I havent' gotten to far in it and seriously the speach pattern gets on my nerves.

It reminds me too much of an anime that had all american voices with a strong Texas accent...

>_<

Later y'all

Jon
02-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Not sure if i've recommended it yet, but Demon in the Closet (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3321142/1/) <~ The latest of my Naruto stuff.

Also, if any of you want to talk about my Naruto stuff, or help me, or ask for help or anything. A Demons Desire (http://z6.invisionfree.com/A_Demons_Desire/index.php?act=site) is not the one stop shop for it. Also for Bleach and other anime stuff., oh, and before I forget, the theme isn't done, but what do you think so far? I made it myself. :D

Aensland
02-16-2007, 04:03 AM
I didn't like Temari, does she talk like that in the manga?... I havent' gotten to far in it and seriously the speach pattern gets on my nerves.

It reminds me too much of an anime that had all american voices with a strong Texas accent...

>_<

Later y'all

To be honest, I've only read up to part way through the sasuke retrival mission, I stopped midway though due to the shear amount of horror stories about post time skip; and I've never seen more than a few seconds of the anime, naruto's voice makes my ears bleed. And Temari has like no screen time, but my image of Temari will always be the the girl who smiled cutely and waved bye cheerily to three rain nin as her younger brother imploded them. I just see her as a brutal and (after her 'seeing' her fight with Tenten) an extremely effective kunoichi.

And I'll read your fic as soon as I can grab a couple hours of sleep Surarrin.

Dark Syaoran
02-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Self plugging for the win, aye? Twice in one post, if you include the site.

Anyway, I like that story of yours. Too bad the woman didn't get further than she did. It would have been much lulz and the shock-factor would have went through the roof. People wouldn't have expected it. Oh well.

Naruto kicked ass and his little friend 'Head-chan' was amusing. Good stuff.

Jon
02-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Buhuehehehe, yeah. :( I'm a bad person.

Mindless
02-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I found this just a little while back:

Title- The Idiot's Guide to Nindo
Summary- [AU]The Idiot's Guide to Nindo: Guaranteed to turn any No Talent, Number One Unpredictable Ninja, Loser into a Genius of all affairs, or your money back guaranteed! It's so easy, even a Naruto can do it! ...What the HECK is this?
Link- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3162824/1/

It's pretty good, although in later chapters the author completely goes off the deep end.

Mercenary
02-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah I've been reading the last few chapters trying to make sense but its just going over my head as Im not familiar with the anime he's crossing with.

Vendo
03-06-2007, 03:21 AM
Title- Bloodred Eyes
Summary- A NarutoHellsing cross, maybe the first of its kind. Naruto is turned by Seras Victoria, and is now both a No Life King and the Vessel of the Kyuubi no Kitsune! What was I thinking?
Link- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3417596/1/

Pretty good start i've found, although im stil confused with the chakra issue, i that chakra is needed for life. A vampire is dead so would it have chakra? Another point for the story in my opinion is the way Kyuubi is portrayed (sure its the cliched 'i didn't WANT to hurt them' but at least its a new spin on it.). for just the 2 chapters im giving it a 4.5 out of 5.

sgtoutlaw
03-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Okay I give up, I went through like 16 pages of this then went all the way to the end to add one I havn't seen yet.

Title - A Different Perspective
Summary - [AU] Kakashi prepared himself for the worst when he got saddled with the Kyuubi no gaki, a.k.a. Naruto. He did not, however, expect this.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2342935/1/

Its one of the few fics I like that is a POV of someone other then Naruto. Thing is you kind of have to ignore some of the wierd Iruka interaction, unless you like it I suppose, and the entire mission to Naruto's home sector or what not (that was just... creepy).

Aensland
03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Title- Bloodred Eyes
Summary- A NarutoHellsing cross, maybe the first of its kind. Naruto is turned by Seras Victoria, and is now both a No Life King and the Vessel of the Kyuubi no Kitsune! What was I thinking?
Link- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3417596/1/

Pretty good start i've found, although im stil confused with the chakra issue, i that chakra is needed for life. A vampire is dead so would it have chakra? Another point for the story in my opinion is the way Kyuubi is portrayed (sure its the cliched 'i didn't WANT to hurt them' but at least its a new spin on it.). for just the 2 chapters im giving it a 4.5 out of 5.

I haven't read the fic, but on the issue of chakra, you may be mixing definitions. From my understanding, in Naruto chakra is an energy made by mixing spiritual energy and physical energy; its not something that is required to live, or a byproduct of living (otherwise how would Sasori's chakra-using puppets work?) but just a mixing of energies. Vampires shouldn't have a problem with it.

Vendo
03-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I haven't read the fic, but on the issue of chakra, you may be mixing definitions. From my understanding, in Naruto chakra is an energy made by mixing spiritual energy and physical energy; its not something that is required to live, or a byproduct of living (otherwise how would Sasori's chakra-using puppets work?) but just a mixing of energies. Vampires shouldn't have a problem with it.

Well that's a better explanation then i was hoping for. Alot of ninja techniques are gonna be rather useless for Naruto because of his vampire abilities though...

Jheph
03-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Title: Fate Breaker
Summary: "They want super powerful badass exile Naruto? I'll give them superpowerful badass exile Naruto. In SPADES. And I'll do my damn best to show that it CAN be written halway decently. And WITHOUT any goddamn cheater bloodline, cheap power ups or Kyuubi turning Naruto into a fucking Dragonball reject." -Fosfor

Links: Required to register to access the link.
Chapter 1: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=1658
Chapter 2: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=1672
Chapter 3: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=1946
Chapter 4 part1: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2045
Chapter 4 part2: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2120
Chapter 5 part1: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2174
Chapter 5 part2: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2186
Chapter 6 part1: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2198
Chapter 6 part2: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2303

====================

Title: It's A Trap!
Author: Mr. Mysterious
Summary: It's a trap, damnit!
Link: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=1569

Aensland
03-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Heh, yeah Fate Breaker is pretty awesome. Anything by Fosfor is pretty damn good.

Mercenary
03-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Huh registered... though I still cant view the fics... Maybe have to wait for the admin to activate me?

Vendo
03-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Huh registered... though I still cant view the fics... Maybe have to wait for the admin to activate me?

I'm having the same problem. How many admin's does this site have? Longest i've ever waited for activation was maybe 3 hours, its been at least 8.

Jon
03-08-2007, 04:15 AM
It's just Hawk iirc.

Dark Syaoran
03-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this topic. How annoying.

Scarty
03-08-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm already registered there and have access to the story. It's not that bad and interesting for me. I'll read the next chapters.

Aensland
03-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Heh, I don't know if it's a coincidence, but after those links went up, there's now a poster on that board named Tridentwatch.

C.S.Kaniel
03-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Fate breaker chapter 7 Part 1 is up.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2319&st=0&hl=

Moloch
03-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Mm. Yeah I noticed TW as well and I tossed Hawk a brief history of him so I'm fairly sure he'd be watched closely.

Dark Syaoran
03-12-2007, 03:00 AM
That story is totally overrated. It's just... fucking... bleh. For my longer, more interesting review, go here (http://z6.invisionfree.com/A_Demons_Desire/index.php?showtopic=260).

I can't be bothered writing it again... hang on, I'll just quote it.
Okay, I don't see the big fuss about this story. It's a good idea and stuff but... I dunno. It feels like the author is trying too hard to make everyone bad-ass. I'm currently reading the third chapter and I've lost count of how many times Naruto's/Someone else's eyes have been mentioned. "They are cold, like ice!" "They went from cold to liquid nitrogen!" "His eyes gleamed like ice-cubes!" It's getting on my nerves.

Spelling is terrible. I'm not sure if this has been beta'd or not? I'd pick not. Needs a beta, pronto!

Super-Uber-Upgraded Chakra Blade of DOOM. I am truly going to flinch when Naruto uses that sword for the first time. God damn. The original Raijin shits me, most of the time. An upgraded version? I... just... bleh.

I lol'ed when the whole 'Wolf' thing came about. Reminded me of WCW, World Championship Wrestling for those that don't know, and the NWO Wolf Pack. It just felt lame. The code names made me giggle too. http://209.85.48.9/html/emoticons/blink.gif

I'll edit this once again when I get further into the story.

Second Edit: At least the next chapter is better. The stuff with Tenten and the weapons was interesting, but Naruto suddenly figuring out that Sandaime is watching him? He figures out everything far too quickly. Kinda boring when he knows everything that'll happen.

Meh, I've had enough reviewing this.

Thorn
03-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Title:Trophy Wife; Yugito
Author: Slyfer101
Rating: So far PG
Pairing: Naruto/Nii Yugito
Summary:(He doesn't have one so I'll just write up my own) Now a hero to renowned the Shinobi world over, Naruto is the prime candidate for the Rokudaime Hokage. However, the council, still holding their hate, is denying him the position, stating he has no political standing. Standing to gain from a new partnership with the Leaf, the Raikage lends Naruto his chance to gain tremendous political fame. And he offers it in the form of Nii Yugito.

Link:http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2358

Dark Syaoran
03-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Do you have anything to say about the story? Things you liked? Things that pissed you off?

Anyway, sounds interesting. I'ma give it a whirl.

Mercenary
03-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Eh.. For me its gone to a good start. Though it seems a little slow but that probably because its relatively new.

wellhidden
03-13-2007, 01:17 AM
It's interesting, since Naruto and Bleach are pretty similar, except that Naruto focuses on the Ninjutsu (Kido/Demon Arts in Bleach), while Bleach focuses on special attacks and quickness. Two sides of the same coin, with more actual training in Naruto. HunterxHunter and Naruto are pretty similar too, although it seems like Gon starts out a little too ridiculously powerful. I wouldn't mind seeing a HunterxHunter x Naruto crossover, potentially very interesting.

Ahhh...I've been looking for good Hunter x Hunter and Naruto crossovers too. Some interesting ones I've found so far:

The Distance Between You and Me (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2210860/1/)
Theme: Sasuke gets beat down by Killua.
Summary: HxH/Naruto X-Over: the fight everyone’s been waiting for… Hunters versus Ninjas?

Snake Sannins, Zoldick Brats, and a Trapped Uchiha (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3410792/2/)
Summary: Gon and Killua needed money. Badly. So they didn’t bother looking twice when a certain snake sannin offered payment for them to join his village. [Naruto crossover]

Verse of Darkness
03-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Ahhh...I've been looking for good Hunter x Hunter and Naruto crossovers too. Some interesting ones I've found so far:

The Distance Between You and Me (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2210860/1/)

Snake Sannins, Zoldick Brats, and a Trapped Uchiha (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3410792/2/)

That shouldn't even be a fic. Killua could demolish the entire Village if he wanted.

Mercenary
03-19-2007, 03:08 AM
Title: Echoes
Author: lokinishizaki
DLP Category: N/A
Pairing: N/A Not known.
Summary:
Link: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2173

Its a bit different than your typical "Kyuubi becomes Naruto" fic. It only has two chapters, including the prologue or chapter 0 in this case, and a teaser for chapter two. I think its off to a good start but still too early to tell if its going to go good or bad. What do you guys think?

Edit: Apologies. Fixed. Is it good now?

Dark Syaoran
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Mercenary, post how you would in the library. It looks cleaner.

zUzaque
03-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Title: Naruto of the Forest
Author: Maschbot
Summary: Gaara houses Shukaku, while Naruto hosts Kyuubi, a much stronger demon. Gaara has an absolute defense, while Naruto does not. What if he did?
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2613429/1/
http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanfiction_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2079&st=0

It's alright. 3.5/5

Kaprice
03-21-2007, 03:52 AM
I'm really surprised I didn't see this one in here.

Title: A Fox and a Shark Walk into a Bar
Author: GigaBomb
Rating:T
Summary:AU In a universe where Itachi and Kisame succeeded in capturing Naruto, an Akatsuki delegation is sent to Konoha to negotiate a treaty in the midst of war. The only problem is, everyone in Konoha thinks Naruto is dead.
here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1978502/1/)

Yeah, the title seems a bit stupid, but get past that and this is really pretty good. Great writing style and ideas. I really like the way Akatsuki is described in this.

Title: Spying no Jutsu
Author: daniel-gudman
Genre: Humor/Action/Adventure
Summary: Disguised as a girl, Naruto will spy on Kage level kunoichi at the Cute Polar Bear Hot Springs Festival. On a related note, Sasuke deals with his growing attration to a mysterious new kunoichi. Also, the first ever Iruka Love Polygon. That I'm aware of.
here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2859078/1/)

Not a story you should read if you're looking for something serious. Actually has a plot and is written fairly well. Pretty light-hearted.

Cell
03-21-2007, 04:04 AM
I'm surprise I didn't see a link here.>_> Add the freaking link for future preferences please if you're gonna post a story.

Lutris
03-21-2007, 04:05 AM
The first one HAS been posted here. One of the first ones, if I recall.

Kaprice
03-21-2007, 07:07 PM
no... I checked again about the A Fox and a Shark Walk into a Bar. It's not in here. Gigabomb's Dreams Abandoned, Promises Kept has been posted here though.. not this one however.

Sorry about the links - can't believe I forgot that! *slams forehead onto wall*
Fixed that.

Stalicon
03-21-2007, 10:12 PM
You haven't checked them all, because I know I've seen it here. I've used the link several times If I recall correctly.

But I can understand missing it, there are 20 pages to sort through.

Mercenary
03-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Hey... I just found tridentwatch on TFF. How... interesting...

Thorn
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
PLEASE tell me Fox and Shark isn't slash. Please please please. Theres been so many references already, I'm afraid to read on.

Stalicon
03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Its not, don't worry about that. At least as far as I read there wasn't.. whichw as about chapter 28.

Dark Syaoran
03-23-2007, 09:30 AM
It's a fairly funny story but gets boring after awhile.

Mercenary
03-25-2007, 07:37 PM
It's a fairly funny story but gets boring after awhile.

Ill second that. It was great but it kind of peters off into a dead zone.

Dark Syaoran
03-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Indeed. I really should have put it on the list here ages ago but I felt, since I didn't finish it, that I might be making a mistake. It's possible it may have descended into a mass-male orgy of some kind.

uriel
03-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Title: Full Circle
Rating: R
Summary: The past catches up to as all. Eventually.
Link:http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=53807

From the same guy who wrote Crimson Edge, one-shot (but he says he's going to write a sequel?) about the Yondaime being Naruto. Told from the Yondaime's point of view up until the authors ending of the series.

Manatheron
03-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Dammit! That's the angle I was shooting for in 'Sacrifice'...

Ahh well, We'll just have to share the Idea i guess.

Thorn
03-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Are there any good Naruto/Bleach cross overs besides Shrouded in Orange and Crimson Edge that are at least decent? I'm not usually one for cross overs but this is one that seems to really have potential.

For that matter, and however oot it may be. Any one know any good Bleach fics? TFF is severely lacking in almost everything buy Naruto.

Paravon
03-27-2007, 01:35 AM
Title: Kyuubi Chronicles, First Scroll
Author: Griever
Rating: R
Pairing: N/A
Summary: Uzumaki Naruto. Kyuubi no Kitsune. A story of lives lost, promises kept, and a twisted, tangled sense of honor.

FicWad: http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=47386

The first chapter is the best, and while the last few chapters have a drop in the sense of power they have, this is still among the best stories I have read. Period

Epic. Pure Epic.

Myst
03-27-2007, 03:02 AM
What the fuck? That story confused me to no end.

Manatheron
03-27-2007, 03:29 AM
The first chapter is the best, and while the last few chapters have a drop in the sense of power they have, this is still among the best stories I have read. Period

Epic. Pure Epic.

It was one of the entry's for the challenge Kracken's Ghost hosted. Good series of stories altogether, I just wish they'd update faster :P

uriel
03-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Title: Within the Pale White Light
Author: Gloria Stone
Pairing: N/A
Summary: Shikamaru, Hinata, Lee and Naruto find themselves in a strange world with even stranger enemies. Crossover with Halo

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3008309/1/

The summary makes it sound bad, but its actually quite decent. They pop up on Reach somewhere between Halo 1 & 2 (doesnt explain how).
The Naruto characters dont go round owning everyone with their mad skills, its more Halo universe, with some Naruto characters being pulled along, Spartans are still hardcore etc.

Writing isn't the best but its easy to read. Should give it a shot just to see if you guys like it.. really! its not that bad!

Mercenary
03-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Eh... it doesnt really hold my attention. It does seem to be going somewhere and it has a good amount of detail. It has no spelling or grammar errors I can see. It just doesnt feel like a story. It feels more like a script. It's probably just me though.

Dark Syaoran
03-30-2007, 03:23 AM
Are there any good Naruto/Bleach cross overs besides Shrouded in Orange and Crimson Edge that are at least decent? No? http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/MAR-Peeves/Smilies/nonono2.gif

'Kyuubi Chronicles, First Scroll' is okay... kinda... maybe? I liked the first chapter, especially Itachi's thought process before being mashed and Kyuubi's rule of the thumb. That might of been one of the other contest stories, though. Where Kyuubi goes 'Swipe Human = Bloody Smear', etc, etc.

The rest was... blargh. I liked some of the other stories better in the contest.

Lutris
03-30-2007, 03:47 AM
@Mercenary: The Halo game dialogue is very much a script, and feels very scripty.

I think the author IS focusing more on the Halo side of things as a whole anyhow, considering the setting as well as the way the story is presented- the severe lack of jutsu use only complements that idea.

So it's logical to assume that the author's using more of Halo as inspiration than Naruto, and thus much more 'immersed' in that fandom's atmosphere. Therefore, the dialogue is more scripty than what it would be if it was a strictly Naruto fanfic, where the dialogue tells the story, and not the cutscenes.

Mercenary
03-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Category: Naruto
Title: Sanghieli and ninja acquaintances
Genre: Drama/Action/Adventure
Rating: Fiction Rated: M
Summary: Halo x Naruto. The elites have returned, but now must realize the danger of the strife against the demon vessel. It will take their utmost care to avoid bringing danger upon themselves. Naruto also has his own problems he must defeat. Rated M for mature.

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2725944/1/

This seems to be better. I dont think the Elites are too overpowered here. It seems to have a decent storyline. Talking about anything else will probably give the story away so go ahead. Click the link. No aparrant pairings other than the "canon!Hinata watching Naruto"

Vendo
03-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Title: Overlord
Summary: A little experiment... A Naruto, Disgaea crossover where Laharl claims Naruto as his successor. Check it out, leave a review.

URL:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3445791/1/

A good story despite that i have never played Disgaea so that kinda makes it a little more confusing. Aside from that i think it's a great story.

Lutris
03-31-2007, 12:47 AM
...I liked the first one better. Dunno if that's the case for you though.

LT2000
03-31-2007, 12:55 AM
I read about halfway through the first chapter of the Disgaea one, because anything with Laharl should be epic. And then I reached this little gem:

'Naruto slumped into his bed, staring at the ceiling. Most of the day, it was easy enough to let his mask control his every action, running around like an idiot and flirting pathetically with Sakura.'

...And I quit reading. I HATE the happy mask device. Hate it, hate it, absolutely fucking DESPISE it.

Vendo
03-31-2007, 01:12 AM
i just wish i knew who Laharl was.

Lunarian
04-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I am reading that story now... just hit the point that LT2000 mentions and I must agree. Worse still the author seems to emphasize mask too much. I think its been mentioned at least twice per paragraph so far. I'm still gonna read it all though cause I liked Laharl's section and hope for more.

Vendo
04-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Besides the overemphasis on the 'Mask' concept its a fairly good story. It kinda makes me want to go buy Disgea to see what all the fuss is about.

Vendo
04-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Okay wow, this has got to be the most obscure, odd, and just plain strange Naruto crossover i've encountered to date.

A NarutoXGOD OF WAR crossover.

Title: Chosen of Olympus
Summary: Kage Bunshin wasn't the only thing Naruto learned from the scroll. He somehow managed to end up with a pair of unbelievably powerful weapons chained to his arms, a demon for a mentor, and a god watching him. God of War XOver. NaruHarem, NaruHinaInoTen

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3467653/1/

*edit

Oh god, i can't beleive i forgot to post the link...

Jon
04-03-2007, 02:50 AM
*Points at Vendo.*

1. Don't double post.

2. Remember the Link.

Dark Syaoran
04-03-2007, 03:29 AM
Jon, those posts were nearly 10 hours apart. Lol. He couldn't edit the former then.

But yes, remember the link.

Manatheron
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Title: Up From The Shadows
Summary:Naruto went to bring back Sasuke during training with Jiraiya and manages to succeed but it costs him, his life? Find out whan happened when an unknown person searches for his lost memories and maybe even love. Action in later chapters. NaruHina

I got the link from a friend (and fellow author) who made me promise to read at least the first couple of chapters. I'm glad he did. I was going to dismiss it after the first, but thankfully the author got a beta. After he got started good (by chapter2) the story became solid gold.
4.9/5

Edit:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3442900/1/

Sorry, forgot to post the link :S

Mercenary
04-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Ah.. no link?

Manatheron
04-10-2007, 10:41 PM
sorry, fixed it.

Koenigg
04-11-2007, 03:57 AM
This is a little off-topic, but I believe there's a Naruto-centric site similar to DLP which I believe many of you are a part of. I was there a little while back but completely forgot the name or URL of the webpage. Can anyone provide a link?

Cell
04-11-2007, 04:06 AM
This is a little off-topic, but I believe there's a Naruto-centric site similar to DLP which I believe many of you are a part of. I was there a little while back but completely forgot the name or URL of the webpage. Can anyone provide a link?

If the site you are talking named 'A Demons Desire', click the link under my sig.

Koenigg
04-11-2007, 04:34 AM
That's the one! Thank you very much.

Jon
04-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Or better yet, click my SEXY one. The easy to remember url of the board is www.demonsdesire.net (http://www.demonsdesire.ner) or http://forums.demonsdesire.net

Oujou Akaash
04-12-2007, 03:15 PM
The fic "A Demons Desire" is pretty good. I like it.

Verse of Darkness
04-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Can I get a link to that fic? I could never find it.

Nightblade888
04-13-2007, 08:23 PM
First off, I guess I should say that 'Mirage' has come a long way from 'throwing ice needles'. Actually, now that I think if it, it's been a long time since I've even thought about those. For those of you who hated it, I can't change your mind, but I will say that things have changed in my story (yes I am the same person who writes Naruto of the Mirage) and so I disagree with that view of my story, even though it was probably true around the time.

Secondly, I think that Naruto NEEDS some kind of bloodline, considering that Sasuke can shut down the Kyuubi at will now. The belief that the Kyuubi is as good as a bloodlimit is kinda lacking. So what if he has unlimited chakra, it doesn't do him any good, and besides, he can and does get tired, that's been shown many times. Secondly, the Kyuubi has been slacking in the healing department based on the latest manga chapters (350 still has his arm in bindings from the Fuuton: rasengan shuriken). I think that he'll need more than just a lot of chakra and a sometimes healing factor to beat Akatsuki, and that something would be a bloodline.

Just my personal opinion, but like most people, I think I'm right.

Hasty
04-13-2007, 08:29 PM
The best thing you can do in a Naruto story is ignore the majority of Post Time Skip content and plot, because for the most part its complete shit. Unlimited chakra and healing is plenty for Naruto all you have to do is have him use it properly.

Vendo
04-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I personally like the idea of Naruto having the Iron Sand ability or, Shikotsumyaku, or have Naruto learn Tsunade's strength and be a taijutsu tank.

Dark Syaoran
04-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Secondly, I think that Naruto NEEDS some kind of bloodline, considering that Sasuke can shut down the Kyuubi at will now. Or how about he just stomps his arse without any crutch-power? Sounds good to me.

Revanant Dragoon
04-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Or how about he just stomps his arse without any crutch-power? Sounds good to me.

...BRILLIANT! XP

Alright, rec time:

Title: What's The Worst That Could Happen?
Author: Legendary Legacy
Chapters: 1
Category: Parody/Humor
Summary: Kyubi's been acting strange, and it's making Naruto nervous. When the demon makes a strange request, Naruto's against it...that is, until he no longer has a choice. But hey, what's the worst that could happen? Mockfic. I'm still awesome at summaries.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3474784/1/

Commentary: It's a slightly goofy fic that rips into Super!Naruto and Fem!Kyuubi, mainly. Good for a chuckle.

*WARNING! SELF-PLUG ALERT!:p*
Title: Kunoichi Returned
Author: Revanant Dragoon
Category: Mystery/Humor
Summary: The Final Battle. Sasuke summons the Edo Tensei. Naruto counters. Kyuubi, Murphyís Law Incarnate, decides to intervene. ďHey, teme, your mom is HOT.Ē [NarutoMikoto]
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3485240/1/

Commentary: Something I got shanghied into writing. Could use some honest feedback.

Jon
04-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Lol, you've already been recced at A.D.D

http://forums.demonsdesire.net/index.php?showtopic=462

Also, MY self plugging time. ^_^

Title: Naruto: Project Enigma
Author: Surarrin
Category: General/Humour
Summary: Dream, as long as you know it's not impossible to make it a reality.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3488265/1/

Dark Syaoran
04-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Legendary Legacy writes some decent stuff. I'll have to give that a whirl.

As for 'Kunoichi Returned', I liked it. There were a few problems, like the surprising lack of shock from Naruto's team, but other than that, it was great. It's a humor story so I don't expect everything to be explained in detail and things to be serious, at all. Lactating Mikoto made me laugh.

And Jon's is pretty good, too. I didn't know it was on FFN.

Vincent V
04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I wasn't going to post this until I finished more chapters on it, but since everyone is self-plugging recently I thought I would.

Title: Demonic Days
Author: Wild Thing8
Pairings: Possible Naruto/Yugito
Link:A Demon's Desire (http://z6.invisionfree.com/A_Demons_Desire/index.php?showtopic=306&hl=), FanFiction.Net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3456322/1/)
Summary: Kumo kidnapped Naruto during the treaty signing. Two jinchuriki are at their disposal. Will Kumo become the next great power among the Shinobi nations, or will their weapons fail them? After all...who can trust a demon?

Manatheron
04-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Title: Guardian
Author: Thelow
Rating: Listed as 'M' but has yet to go beyond 'T'
Pairing: Naruto/Hinata
Category: Drama/Humor
Summary: Naruto returns from his fight against Orochimaru in a great depression at the loss of a friend and bad news from the demon. Hinata tries to help him through his pain. NaruHina
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3227392/1/

I questioned this one at first, especially with the mediocre summery, but the person who gave me the link has rarely led me astray. It would seem that this was no exception. Fairly predictable plot in places, but very well written.4-ish/5

Mercenary
04-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Huh theres a part in the story where its a little funky

The rest of the rookie nine and Gai’s team were standing back a little, watching the scene in front of them. They looked on in silence as their friend and her jounin sensei were crying at the monument. They looked on wondering about how hard everyone was taking the loss.

…lly do is live on and in here eyes remember her younger brother and her lover Dan.

er.textremely strong opponent to fight"ht ha

uh what?

Edit: Not my kind of story so Ill reserve my judgement. On the technical aspect, its well rounded. Though the above quote is, apparantly, the only time it occured.

Manatheron
04-25-2007, 11:25 PM
{shrugs}

My best guess when i got to that part was that it was supposed to be snippets of conversation.

Mercenary
04-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Yeah I can kinda see that. Its like the author cut out a part and forgot to alter it to make the story flow better.

Also it doesnt explain this:er.textremely strong opponent to fight"ht ha

Textremely. The superlative form of extremely. At least I think that's how you use that word(superlative).

Blaze
05-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Both stories have been posted before. Removed.

- Cataclysmic.

Stalicon
05-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Both those are already here, please check first. As I said, around page ten there is a list with all the ones to have been posted up until then, you'll find them on that list or inbetween it and here.

Edit: Whoops, just noticed we were on page 23! If I can get the time, I'll go through and make a new list so everyone won't be confused.

cmuylistoooo
05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Please do Stal, I need to sate my Naruto craving.

Jon
05-03-2007, 12:11 AM
I just love that everyone wants to emulate my acts. <_<

Manatheron
05-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Title: To Measure My Capacity
Author: FreeTheKyuubi (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1194416/)
Rating: R-M
Genre: Action/Adventure/AU
Pairing: Naru/Ino OC/Ten-Ten, Supposedly Sasu/Hina as well, but there has been no evidence of that yet.
Summary: 4 years ago Naruto met another boy, who now is his brother. But what kind of life has his new brother led, and how will he effect the lives of Naruto and those around him. Rating now 'M' for violence and language. NaruIno,SasuHina,OCTen pairs start later

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3376530/1/

Bit of a Darker Fic with a Unique(er) OC. The OC seems powerful, but not to horribly much so for his age, and Naruto seems more Mature. It Also Features Good!Sasuke, and is fairly well written. naruto's fan girls (At age 11) are a nice touch of comic relief.
Personal commendation... 4.2/5

Vendo
05-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Hinata being with anyone besides Naruto, and yet hate that pairing as well?

Robo Jesus
05-04-2007, 03:41 AM
Title: Naruto: Project Enigma
Author: Surarrin
Category: General/Humour
Summary: Dream, as long as you know it's not impossible to make it a reality.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3488265/1/

Damn good start. What so far do you think is going to be the hardest part to do with this story?

Anyways, I came across a decent fic I think has a lot of potential.

Unchained Memory (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3226783/1/)

A genjutsu forced a lifetime of false memories upon Naruto. The illusion wasn’t real, but he 'had' a wife and son.

Manatheron
05-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Hinata being with anyone besides Naruto, and yet hate that pairing as well?

I'm getting to that point. Occasionally you find one with where they actually have Hinata confront naruto and they eventually decide it's not going to work, but it's rather rare.

The Dark Lord Squash
05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I really don't like Hinita at all and love any story that has her die. She is my Ginny for Naruto.

Nadino
05-05-2007, 10:44 PM
I really don't like Hinita at all and love any story that has her die. She is my Ginny for Naruto.

Couldn't have said it better myself..
I find it kinda hard to make Naruto fall in love with someone.. I mean, he's been shunned for all his life, then he stays away for a couple of years and comes back noticing all the girls?

That's why I prefer AU stories where Naruto grew up differently and kinda likes a girl (NO HINATA!!!!!!) or Naruto without any girl is okay for me.

Stalicon
05-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Come on people, put some effort into checking if fics have already been reccomended... The search box up top is there for a reason.

All of them after I posted have been recced, and recently to boot.

I'm starting to wonder if I should bother to waste my time with this list if you won't spare a second to use the search feature.

And yes Jon, you are almost as awesome as Hedwig.

Edit: And all stories are ruined by romance. Mostly because of the crappy job people do with the characters relationships. Not just Naru/Hina.

I must be the only one that likes that pairing, eh? Then again, I like all pairings.

A-man
05-06-2007, 03:13 PM
I skimmed through the section...and I don't think this fic has been posted, but I miss stuff a lot when I just skim..I also used the search and didn't find anything...

Title: Till Eternity's End
Author: The-Silent-Muse
Genre: Fantasy/Action/Adventure
Pairing: Harem
Summary: Forged from the twisted science of Midgar, and tempered by the shadows of Sephiroth, Uzumaki Naruto was power incarnated. Now, before the gates of Konoha, will this fallen angel find his absolution, or will his past haunt him until eternity's end? Harem
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3175957/1/

It currently has 15 chapters with about 90K words. At first I was skeptical about this fic because it was a cross over. A final fantasy 7 cross over no less, and I wasn't sure it could work out. Plus I don't like naruto cross overs in general. But I read the 1st two chapters and I got hooked. I love the fic right now. I love both ff7 and naruto, but who knows what they are like when they put the two together...I thought it was gunna be pretty terrible, but it turned out to be amazing! I am not going to give it a rating yet because I am not sure exactly how this site scale works. But give it a try...Like i said before I don't think it has been posted. The summary doesn't hold a candle to how the story is played out. It takes place in both the naruto universe and ff7 verses...and it goes back and forth in a 'beleivable' manner.

Manatheron
05-06-2007, 07:57 PM
And all stories are ruined by romance. Mostly because of the crappy job people do with the characters relationships. Not just Naru/Hina.

I must be the only one that likes that pairing, eh? Then again, I like all pairings.

I'm still a fan of naru/hina Actually, She's got potential as a character, and he seems to be able to bring it out. {Shrugs}

And I disagree about Romance ruining the stories. Instant or abrupt Romance ruins more stories than almost anything else, but it's not all bad.

Nadino
05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm still a fan of naru/hina Actually, She's got potential as a character, and he seems to be able to bring it out. {Shrugs}

And I disagree about Romance ruining the stories. Instant or abrupt Romance ruins more stories than almost anything else, but it's not all bad.

It's not that I dislike this pairing, it's just that it's been used so much that it's quite boring nowadays.. I wish I had vocabulary and ability enough to write a story.

Kenshkrix
05-07-2007, 10:29 PM
In my opinion, the number of people to use a particular pairing shouldn't effect how you view the pairing itself, you should focus more on the original character, and the story you're reading at the time, rather than the crap stories that butcher and ruin both the original characters, and the English language. I find it easy to appreciate any good story, regardless of whether or not I've seen the plot/ideas/pairing(s) before, but I've always been called weird..

Manatheron
05-08-2007, 09:40 PM
In my opinion, the number of people to use a particular pairing shouldn't effect how you view the pairing itself, you should focus more on the original character, and the story you're reading at the time, rather than the crap stories that butcher and ruin both the original characters, and the English language. I find it easy to appreciate any good story, regardless of whether or not I've seen the plot/ideas/pairing(s) before, but I've always been called weird..

You make a good point, but i wouldn't suggest mentioning that where any anti-ginny people could get a hold of that comment :P

Nadino
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM

True, I've read Team 8 for an example. It's a good story and it's Naruto/Hinata.. What makes me mad, is that every story, Hinata comes stuttering things to Naruto and he realizes he has always loved her and etc..
This is just like Harry/Ginny for me..

The Dark Lord Squash
05-09-2007, 09:00 PM
True, I've read Team 8 for an example. It's a good story and it's Naruto/Hinata..
First of all Team 8 sucks. Plain and simple. And when I said that she was my Ginny for Naruto I meant a character that has been over used to the point where 9/10 times if you click on a story that has Nar/Hin in it you get a story where Naruto finds out she stalks him, realizes she is the one for him and their love power kills all. I will look at a story if it has the paring I just usually end up walking away telling myself that I should have known it...

Nadino
05-09-2007, 11:39 PM
First of all Team 8 sucks. Plain and simple. And when I said that she was my Ginny for Naruto I meant a character that has been over used to the point where 9/10 times if you click on a story that has Nar/Hin in it you get a story where Naruto finds out she stalks him, realizes she is the one for him and their love power kills all. I will look at a story if it has the paring I just usually end up walking away telling myself that I should have known it...

Did you read my whole post? I think exactly the same way as you do concerning this pairing. Only difference is that I like stories when Kurenai has an important role, and Team 8 is a nice example of that. Opinions differ.

Dark Syaoran
05-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Get back on topic now, yeah? Bitch about Hinata somewhere else.

Oujou Akaash
05-19-2007, 06:18 PM

I don't know about you but comparing Hinata to Ginny is completely ridicules. Ginny and Hinata acts shy around the main character and what not but Hinata's feelings are something she has because it's real. Unlike Ginny who likes Harry because he is the boy who lived, which is completely superficial. Not to mention the fact that Hinata has been belittled because of her weakness of hurting others.

Nadino
05-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't know about you but comparing Hinata to Ginny is completely ridicules. Ginny and Hinata acts shy around the main character and what not but Hinata's feelings are something she has because it's real. Unlike Ginny who likes Harry because he is the boy who lived, which is completely superficial. Not to mention the fact that Hinata has been belittled because of her weakness of hurting others.

I have nothing against the character Hinata, I believe she can be pretty strong if done correctly in a story. What I dislike is the pairing Naruto/Hinata.
It has been done so many frikkin times that it annoys me to no end nowadays.

Kage Buyo
05-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Title: Garden of Sanctuary
Author: Nes Mikel
Category: Tragedy/Romance
Summary: Oneshot. An alternate ending to Naruto. The Heavens describe the Garden a peaceful paradise. The Hells describe the Garden a baneful prison. In here... which is it?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2781399/1/

It's a one shot, but I actually felt depressed after reading it. The author really knows how to write emotion, ending shocked me too.

There is also a completed sequel that is about 10 chapters and another sequel that is being written.

AcerbusDrake
05-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Story has been posted before.

-Cataclysmic

Stalicon
05-25-2007, 03:28 PM
It has been posted before, not only that it's been abandoned for nearly a year or more.

The author gave it up do to personal issues, I believe.

AcerbusDrake
06-01-2007, 07:13 AM
The Book of Naruto by HitokiriOTD
Uzumaki Naruto has been many things to many people. To some, he is a friend, a comrade, and perhaps even a hero. To others, he is an enemy, a nuisance, and a villain. But he's never been a god before.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3568608/1/

Crackfic - interesting.

Vendo
06-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Ah yes...The Book of Naruto, i remember on TFF when it was first put up. hilariously funny. I highly recommend it as a good read.

It's a pity though that the 'Neji Hour of Power" omake didn't make it in.

Stalicon
06-02-2007, 03:24 PM

I'm tired of saying it, do whatever the fuck you want.

Edit: Ok, now you lazy ass people don't have an exscuse.

~~Naruto Story Compilation~
Never Cut Twice
Forever and a Day
Team 8
Foxhound
The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto
Lack of Motivation
Eyes of Fire and Ice
Will you be my friend?
The Demon Behind The Mask
Another path in life
Change for the Better
AURA
A Motion Too Far
I Won't be Ignored
Ramen no Jutsu!
Beasts
Where the Loyalties Lie
Soragakure, Hidden Village Of The Sky
Nine Tailed Serpent
With the Heart and Underwear of Fire
A New Cause
Shadow Fox
Imminent Change
The Indirect Approach
Walking the Road
The Last One
The Savant
Fox Identity
The Uzumaki Prodigy
Bound to Eternity
An Alternate Path
Brothers of the Sand
By These Fists
Cold Blue Metal
Fortune's Fool
Naruto Different Beginnings
Naruto Legacy of the Rasengan
Sin Eater
Sins of the Past
Ah! My Naruto
Trouble With A Capital T
Development of the Golden Serpent
The Ice Princess of Konoha
Training for the Job
Legacy of Konoha
The Rankless Shinobi
I Won’t Look Far into the Future
For The Love Of My Friends
A New Leaf
Destiny of a Shinobi
Bloody Whiskers
A Foxy Legend
Zero Gravity
Son of the Serpent
Scarlet
Black Sheep
Momochi Naruto!
Growth of a Shinobi
A New Naruto
Happy Ending
Blue Moon Howling
The Lazy Uchiha
Naruto :Altered History
The Red Sun
Issekigan
Child of the Earth
Prove the Pervert Wrong
Naruto : Nindo Genesis
The Broken Butterfly
From Six
Master Nin
Dueling Harmonies
Naruto of the Mirage
Sevant of Darkness
Intertwined
Perpetual Smile
The Golden Fox
Two Halves
Demon Serpent
Music to Rouse the Savage Beast
Kage of the Graves
When Sakura Blossoms Bloom
These Crimson eyes
Son of a Monkey
Something to Die for
Legion of the Leaf
Naruto: Kage Bunshin!
Will it be Different this time?
Child of the Toukestu Jurin
Lacking Sight
War of The Eyes
But He's Just A Ramen Cheif
Abyssus
Over The Hills and Far Away
You Owe Me
Unchained Memory
The Loudmouth and The Pottymout
Insanity's Ending
Strangers In A Strange Land
The Lives We Leave Behind
Dreams Abandoned, Promises Kept
Friendship Story
Tempered in Water
The Dobe's War
Blood Mage
The Crimson Road To The Sapphire Past
Hiding In Plain Sight
Outcast's Revenge
Will It Be Diffrent This Time?
Ocarina of Konoha
Toys
Stranger Than Fiction
An Honest Mistake
Naruto: Mokuzamiusha
Naruto Gaidan
Cry of the Youko
Naruto Legacy of The Hokage's
Death of a Demon, Birth of A...
Fetish? What's A Fetish?
Deus Ex Machina
The Crimson Ninja
Only Human
After Death
Divergance
The Dichotomy of Kazama Naruto
ANBU BRAT
The Pride of Suna
Neo Yondaime Hokage
Fate Morgana
Shrouded Orange
Crimson Edge
Demons In The Closet
The Idiots Guide To Nindo
Blood Red Eyes
A Diffrent Perspective
Fate Breaker
Trophy Wife; Yugito
Echoes
Naruto of the Forest
Spying no Jutsu
Full Circle
Kyuubi Chronicles, First Scroll
Within the Pale White Light
Sanghieli and Ninja Acquaintances
Overlord
Chosen of Olympus
Up From The Shadows
What's The Worst That Could Happen
Kunoichi Returned
Naruto: Project Enigma
Demonic Days
Gaurdian
To Measure My Capacity
Till Eternity's End

Just CTRL+F for easy use.

AcerbusDrake
06-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Foxhound has been abandoned. Naruto:Berserk has been abandoned for half a year now, and The Book of Naruto was just posted on ff.net a day or two ago. A great deal of Naruto authors have either abandoned their works, or have mysteriously vanished.

Oujou Akaash
06-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Foxhound has been abandoned. Naruto:Berserk has been abandoned for half a year now, and The Book of Naruto was just posted on ff.net a day or two ago. A great deal of Naruto authors have either abandoned their works, or have mysteriously vanished.

We already know that. :|

Paravon
06-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Two rather good oneshots and a remade classic.

Makai, Prelude by Krakensghost
Complete
Rated: T
Action/Adventure/Horror
Words: 5,569
Published: 8-27-06
Summary:A commision piece done for Frankto of Naruto d20. Prologue to the Demon Campaign.
Fanfiction.net:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3127177/1/

I don't know how I missed it, but this is a gem.

I can't really say anything without giving something up,
but I can say that it really makes you feel for the Yondaime - in his last moments.

What You Didn't Know About Sasuke by Cyberwolf

Rated: K+
Humor/Parody
Words: 1,346
Published: 7-28-05
Summary:And it will shock the whole world. Crackfic. :P
Fanfiction.net:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2506395/1/

What Sasuke deserves.

Second Chances by Red Crow
Drama/Action/Adventure
Chapters: 2
Words: 3,203
Updated: 3-28-07
Published: 2-17-07
A Complete Rewrite.
Summary:Naruto is sent back in time, before it all went wrong. Because those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, and those that have learned all too well from the future have their work cut out for them. Various pairings.
Fanfiction.net:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3398496/1/

It was one of the best Naruto fics around. Period. And now it's being rewritten.

yojorocks
06-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Contemplating Orange (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3112941/1/) by serenphoria
complete- oneshot
Rated: K
General
Words: 837
Published: 8-19-06
Summary: Uzumaki Naruto never understood his affinity to orange. [Color speaks when words cannot]

Hate and a Stolen Dream (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2952093/1/) by Monday
complete- oneshot
Rated: K+
Angst (but not really imho)
Words: 395
Published: 5-22-06
Summary: In which Team 7 learns just how well Naruto knows Sasuke.

I found these a while ago and they really struck me as nice oneshots; both are very brief, but I really liked the train of thought behind them. Hope you can enjoy the psychological sides a bit. Honestly, they are two of my top five favorite Naruto stories, but maybe I'm just weird like that.

Dark Syaoran
06-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm surprised that I never added that second one. I've had it in my favorites/C2 for ages and love it. Naruto scares the shit out of Team Seven. :)

Oujou Akaash
06-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow! Hate and a Stolen Dream by Monday is impressive.

Spanks
07-02-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3436189/1/

I didn't see this one on the list of fics Stalicon posted....Unless I missed it....

Densetsu no Sannin: Repetition by Wilhem Junker.

Summary: A failed attack on a hidden village near the border of Fire Country plunges the continent into yet another secret war, one Konoha isn't prepared to deal with. The story of Team Seven's ascension to legendary status. NaruxSaku, SasuxItsasurprise

Team 7 starts on the road become legends during war, just like the Sannin did.

LT2000
07-02-2007, 04:18 PM
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3436189/1/

I didn't see this one on the list of fics Stalicon posted....Unless I missed it....

Densetsu no Sannin: Repetition by Wilhem Junker.

Summary: A failed attack on a hidden village near the border of Fire Country plunges the continent into yet another secret war, one Konoha isn't prepared to deal with. The story of Team Seven's ascension to legendary status. NaruxSaku, SasuxItsasurprise

Team 7 starts on the road become legends during war, just like the Sannin did.

'Ninpou: Shared Vision no Jutsu.'

That was enough to turn me off. English jutsu names = absolute fail.

Spanks
07-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, English jutsu names make me cringe, but I just don't pay attention to it. The overall story is good so far, I don't let something small like that ruin the fic for me.

SmileOfTheKill
07-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Title: Stranded
Author: HarbringerLady
Pairing: None
Category: Adventure/General
Summary: HPNaruto crossover. Harry Potter is transported to the shinobi world in the aftermath of the final battle with Voldemort.HBP compliant.Chapter 12 uploaded!
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2499502/1/

I thought the story is really good. It was originally a Harry Potter fic, but it was moved to Naruto for more hits. It has a realistic Harry, if a little over powered. I may of placed it for review if it did not go into the Naruto section.

*Edit* Huzzah, now the forum will stop telling me to stop lurking!

Dabien
07-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Naruto: Legacy of the Rasengan has now been completed. The second part has started being uploaded.

Title: Legacy of the Rasengan II: Makaze Rekidaishi
Author: Tellemicus Sundance
Pairing: Naruto/Hinata
Category: Adventure/Friendship
Summary: It is a time of intense training. But as the Rookie 9 carry on with their lives and missions, some of them run into a very familiar faceÖ
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3631232/1/

Spanks
07-04-2007, 04:15 AM
I didn't see this fic on the list, I am surpised.

Mizukage
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3138018/1/

Summary: After suceeding in rescuing Saskue, Naruto is kicked out of Konoha. After twelve years, the Sound, Stone and Cloud join in an attack the Leaf and the Sand. Out numbered and maned, it seems that they are done for until the return of a very powerful ninja

So yeah, Naruto is banished and travles for a bit. He eventually goes to Kirigakure and overthrows the Sandaime Mizukage and becomes the Yondaime Mizukage. The author has already finished the 1st Arc and has started the 2nd.

It's going to be a Naru/Saku sometime later.

Paravon
07-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Sakura's Harem
by Shadow Crystal Mage

As a child, Sakura had a rather unfortunate meeting with Desire of the Endless. Now, she is the desire of half the village... the female half! Sakuraharem [duh!]
Humor/Parody
Chapters: 5

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2815175/1/

Good humor fic, if a bit sappy at times.

Basically: Desire, an anthropomorphic incarnation of desire and lust, from The Sandman series of comics, is responsible for all harem situations in anime.

She walks through Konoha when she mistakes Sakura stalking Sasuke for Sakura stalking a girl. So she gifts her with a magical attraction to all women.

The trouble is, Sakura is strait.

No real plot, but I laughed a great deal. Especially at Sasuke's situation.

Doesn't get exceptional until chapter three, but damn, when Orochimaru comes in in chapter four it gets hilarious.

Leave your bias at the door an it'll probably be a good read.

ghst.san
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Death of a Kage Bunshin
by Foxie-sama

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu was perfect in every way and form. It is only the human element of it that is inherently flawed.

Nice little oneshot about Kage Bunshin.

Banta
07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
.....Link?

Spanks
07-10-2007, 05:09 PM
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3401740/1/Beyond_His_Darkness

Beyond His Darkness by Viperflamer
Kyuubi didn’t attack that day, no instead it was the day that a blond haired blue eyed boy was found covered in the blood of a woman who died bringing him to the gates of Konoha. Uzumaki Naruto…who or what is he.

My two cents: So, Yondaime is alive, and Naruto ISN'T his son. Lots of mysterious stuff so far. His dream is to surpass Yondaime, so he is a speed freak by the time he is a genin. As fast as Gai, but he has little to no skill in Taijutsu. So the only thing he has is speed so far.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3508596/1/Naruto_of_the_Sharingan

Naruto of the Sharingan by Motralone

Naruto gets forced out of Konoha, but can they bring him back when they realize he is everything they want? Err, in most ways that is. NaruHarem. Lemon warning.

My two cents: Naruto finds out his mother was an Uchiha (I know, not very original). Basically, it is explained that every bloodline limit comes from a pact with a tailed demon. The Sharingan and Byakugan are byproducts given by the Kyuubi. With the Kyuubi inside of Naruto he is able to awaken the mangekyo sharingan which will be passed down to his children. So there are two different Sharingan, the Uchiha Sharingan; which is what we see in anime, and the Uzumaki Sharingan which already has Mangekyo when it is activated.

ghst.san
07-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Damn I knew I was forgetting something....

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3118898/1/Death_of_a_Kage_Bunshin

Aensland
07-12-2007, 01:10 AM
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3401740/1/Beyond_His_Darkness

Beyond His Darkness by Viperflamer
Kyuubi didnít attack that day, no instead it was the day that a blond haired blue eyed boy was found covered in the blood of a woman who died bringing him to the gates of Konoha. Uzumaki NarutoÖwho or what is he.

My two cents: So, Yondaime is alive, and Naruto ISN'T his son. Lots of mysterious stuff so far. His dream is to surpass Yondaime, so he is a speed freak by the time he is a genin. As fast as Gai, but he has little to no skill in Taijutsu. So the only thing he has is speed so far.

A word of caution, the author 'wolverines' Naruto in the latest chapter (as in he has three metal claws from his knuckles).

Spanks
07-12-2007, 01:31 AM
I can live with the Wolverine type claws from his hands. They have their own uniqueness, they cut through the swords like butter and it seems that what they cut gets set on fire.

Oujou Akaash
07-12-2007, 02:46 PM
A word of caution, the author 'wolverines' Naruto in the latest chapter (as in he has three metal claws from his knuckles).
-------
I can live with the Wolverine type claws from his hands. They have their own uniqueness, they cut through the swords like butter and it seems that what they cut gets set on fire.

I haven't read to that part yet but man, talk about being original and unoriginal at the same time. Really gets one thinking....about what, i have no idea. no flame ^_^

Oujou Akaash
07-23-2007, 02:00 PM
-Srry for the double post.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3576691/1/Phantasmagoria_of_Dichromatic_Eyes

Phantasmagoria of Dichromatic Eyes by Daneel Rush -Koushi-
AU. No pairings decided yet. In darkness, there is peace. In silence, there are secrets. In the wind, the world whispers the absolute truth. Meet Naruto: he lives in darkness, silence is his tool. He is the wind. SAME STORY, NEW NAME! Check Ch. 4.

-I gotta say, i am extremely surprised by this fic. It's about a blind naruto. It's better than it looks and very, very well done. It's also the first time reading a blind naruto fic. Also, not only the author is decent but he writes in a point where its believable. And...i can't believe i'm saying this but at the end of the first chapter it almost made me cry. He's good.

ghst.san
07-24-2007, 05:22 AM
I liked it, but the pace is just so goddamn slow. His conversations take for ever, because they are often talking about mundane things.
The freaking fiction has 45k words and Naruto hasn`t even started with the academy.

Ayreon
07-24-2007, 07:17 AM
...and he has these uber-OC-mentors, who are like over a hundred years old and mastered nearly all aspects of the ninja arts.
Yeah, right.

Banta
07-24-2007, 01:37 PM
So? Mr. H for the win!

Oujou Akaash
07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
I liked it, but the pace is just so goddamn slow. His conversations take for ever, because they are often talking about mundane things.
The freaking fiction has 45k words and Naruto hasn`t even started with the academy.

i agree. i wrote a comment on that for him. hopefully he listens to it.

Robo Jesus
07-29-2007, 06:37 PM
The Crimson Road to The Sapphire Past by Lucas Decard has been removed, and the author has disabled Private Messages. Just thought I'd let those who hadn't heard yet know about this.

Also, here's a pretty good crossover I found.

Youkai gone astray (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3660132/1/Youkai_gone_astray) by IncandescentOne (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/747031/IncandescentOne)

After his fight with Sesshoumaru Sesshoumaru's escape through the portal lands him in a strange land where he meets a strange boy who reminds him of his brother. Sesshoumaru takes interest in Naruto's development.

This isn't some story where Naruto is coddled btw. It's very well written, very quickly updated (over 80,000 words for five chapters in less than a months time), and it should have been put up here earlier. Enjoy.

Vtigo
07-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Im not sure if this fic is already listed or not. (I dont have time to read 12 pages of lists lol) I very much enjoyed this more real verson of the naurto world, and I hope that some one here is able to post more like it?

Legion of the Leaf
Naruto - Fiction Rated: T - English - General/Drama - Chapters: 7 - Words: 31,743 - Reviews: 266 - Updated: 3-17-07 - Published: 8-28-06
\[Nonyaoi] An exiled boy dreams of acceptance, but those who seek to gain must suffer. Deep in the heart of the Queen of Ice lies a flame which only crimson eyes betray. A child cries, a demon laughs, love flowers, and ice cracks...\
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3127329/1/Legion_of_the_Leaf

Ive emailed the author and she stated that she lost her muse for the fic, once the ideas start flowing again she will update.

Cell
07-29-2007, 07:15 PM
The Crimson Road to The Sapphire Past by Lucas Decard has been removed, and the author has disabled Private Messages. Just thought I'd let those who hadn't heard yet know about this.

I think there's a re-write from a different author. I read somehwere in the summary that he took over a story from Lucas Decard.

And for fucks sake in your posts use the fuckin proper formatting before I cuntpunt y'all twats. For example

Im not sure if this fic is already listed or not. (I dont have time to read 12 pages of lists lol) I very much enjoyed this more real verson of the naurto world, and I hope that some one here is able to post more like it?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3127329/...on_of_the_Leaf (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3127329/1/Legion_of_the_Leaf)

Also, here's a pretty good crossover I found.

Youkai gone astray (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3660132/1/Youkai_gone_astray) by IncandescentOne (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/747031/IncandescentOne)

After his fight with Sesshoumaru Sesshoumaru's escape through the portal lands him in a strange land where he meets a strange boy who reminds him of his brother. Sesshoumaru takes interest in Naruto's
development.

Don't be fuckin lazy now,if you have time to read and post it here,have the courtesy to do it correctly. Kthxbai.

Title: To Measure My Capacity
Author: FreeTheKyuubi (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1194416/)
Rating: R-M
Genre: Action/Adventure/AU
Pairing: Naru/Ino OC/Ten-Ten, Supposedly Sasu/Hina as well, but there has been no evidence of that yet.
Summary: 4 years ago Naruto met another boy, who now is his brother. But what kind of life has his new brother led, and how will he effect the lives of Naruto and those around him. Rating now 'M' for violence and language. NaruIno,SasuHina,OCTen pairs start later

Robo Jesus
07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, thank you for your long post of pretentiousness masquerading as sophistication.:rolleyes:

Instead of judging a story on the style and quality of its writing, we of course should be more concerned about posting what pairings and rating are being used, even though the majority of those ratings are rhetorical and misused, and the stories written around pairings are sad imitations of what a plot should be.

Of course, you’re more concerned about how something is presented than what is presented, which is as illogical as it is pathetic. If you are as truly concerned about formats as you claim to be, where the fuck were you throughout the rest of this thread?

Stalicon
07-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Or, it could be because it's fucking irritable to read when you don't use the format and makes you look like an idiot.

P.s. Big words don't make you smart or your post have any more value.

Jon
07-30-2007, 01:14 AM
I LIKE PIE!

Also, it's the form we've used the entire time, if it works don't knock it. ANd if it doesn't, skullfuck it. ^_^ I'll check out trhe crossover one in a bit, seems interesting.

Stalicon
07-30-2007, 03:16 AM
Feh, Pie has nothing on Naruko, Surry.