1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help with HP/Inu crossover?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Rain, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I'm scetching out an Inuyasha/Harry Potter crossover at the moment, and I have a lot of little scenes written out and some sort of plot. The thing is, I can't think of a way for Harry to get into the Inu-world. :roll: I had a rather original idea involving Harry ending up in Japan or something after the war and running into Jaken (taking his staff while pinning the little toad under his foot... *sweatdrops*). Something to do with the Staff with Two Heads, but I lost all the specifics when my computer crashed a month ago.

And what I do remember makes no sense, so I scrapped that and had Harry still in Hogwarts where he hadn't defeated Voldemort yet. I had all these great interactions planned out and typed up and now I can't find an uncliched way for Harry to go back in time/cross-dimensions!

Can anyone help? I'm fucking desperate here. :cry: (and desperate means: Screw it! I'm just going to have him "wish" to be there!)

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I don't know enough Inuyasha canon to help you much...

But you could always use the old failsafe of:

Harry stumbles across powerful magical artifact, pokes it, gets zapped into another world...

3. Rain

I could, but that's one of the things I'm trying to avoid. I suppose if I could make it somewhat realistic I could get away with it... *sigh* Maybe I'll just google for a while until something jumps out at me. I have no idea what possessed me to write a crossover in the first place, but the idea won't rest. Evil, evil crossovers.

Thanks for trying.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*remembers Dogma*

Why not just have a rip open up during a duel, or something heavily magicked and have him get sucked away?

5. Rain

*wants to whine but refrains* 'cause I really want him to disappear off Hogwarts without a trace. It's amazing how crucial that little thing is the ending...

It's a good idea, though, done before, but possible. I'll fiddle around with a few different things 'till I find something that works. *pouts* Why couldn't I get a nice Independant!Harry plotbunny instead?

Thanks again.

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Is harry going to become a half demon or something? As too how to get harry out of hogwarts...A dragon.. a fireball from the forth book...You could have a CMC class about dragons..with a baby liondragon that gets scared and teleports to japan...meh just a thought.. :?

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I was thinking that maybe he finds the jewl? Or maybe a different version thats similar to the original. He wishes by pure accident that he wants to get as far away as possible... and poof! Of course, thats real close to the cliche ways.

Another way could be like the bone-eaters well two way portal that Kagome uses? You could use the veil in the Department of Mysteries or something totally different. Of course, his wouldnt be two way. Veil is used quite a bit in this types of stories though.

Another way is that during a battle with Voldemort, the snake-faced bastard summons a demon from the past and it takes Harry back through whatever it comes through. Portal, gateway, whatever...

Also, another way could be that Voldemort is in Japan for whatever reason, fucking around the time travel and gets sucked there himself. Since he is linked with Harry, he pulls him through as well. So Voldemort could be another force after the jewl or maybe even work with Naraku... I doubt he would though.

Thats just a few.

8. Rain

^_^ Thanks! None of them could really fit with my original plot, besides the Jewel idea, but some of them are really good! If I can... :D Wow, don't I feel inspired. That hasn't happened in a while, usually it is just plotbunnies attacking my brain.

I'll probably end up writing twenty different versions of the story until I find one that makes some sort of sense, but yay! Something to do. Thank you!

Off to slave at the keyboard.

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Well if you do write it. I will read it.

10. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

Well, there was that one episode that Inu went to the present to get the shard from that mask, perhaps something similar but in reverse. Post-war, Harry is traveling across the world for fun and hits Japan because of some electronic obsession, I don't know. While there he ends up finding a piece of the jewel, and goes through the well, or a similar portal that hasn't been seen yet. If I remember, the well is a portal because of the wood it was made out of and the demon bones dropped in it. I'm sure there is something similar somewhere in the Inuverse, so maybe he sees a demon going after a bunch of people, and goes into people saving mode.

With post-war, you can work with him having actual skills and has been trained, so he can actually fight in the feudal era.

11. Rain

I like the post war idea better, but it didn't want to type. At the moment, though, I'm stuck. I'll wait until I can see some Inu episodes again (next week) to type more.

It isn't even resembling a story so much as it seems like a series of oneshots and ideas I've yet to connect to the origional. Sadly, my mind is horrible at connecting the dots, so it goes from a hundred thousand words, to 20k tops. *sigh* Oh well. I think I'll go take a shot at the "Post war" angle for a bit and see what happens.

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I have to grave dig as a historical lesson.

Look newfags - a completely retarded thread and no one bashed it! It actually turned out well! :O

Yeah.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...Yeah. Looking at this makes me wonder what drugs we were on at the time.

And yeah, yeah, necro, don't wanna hear it.

14. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm thinking Hit Wizard/Unspeakable/Curse Breaker Harry gets sent on a mission to Japan to investigate a demon infested well, blah blah blah trips on a stick or some shit and falls down. Biggity Bam no shit stains in yo undies!

15. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Edit: Unaware of necro at posting time. :p

Yes, retarded thread totally ruined. Mainly because the person asking for advice wasn't a dumb ass. You guys haven't changed all that much from what I can see.