1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

I Got In the Resistance 2 Beta

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Wooooo! :D

It's multiplayer only, and it's fucking epic. Lots of different guns to choose from, and it plays a bit better than R:FoM.

The one new feature I love about this game is that you can now have a guest account and have two players on the same console play online. That was the one thing missing from Resistance 1, and I am so glad that they did it for R2. The only other FPS to have this before was Halo, right? But yes, awesome fucking feature. Me and my cousin just spent an hour playing. He's an Xbox guy who loves Halo, and I think I've successfully converted him.

His last remarks, "Goddamn that was fun. When you get this game for real I just might make my own PS3 account on your system and play it myself."

There are a few more different game modes than the first game, which is cool. Haven't tried them all out yet, just did a team deathmatch, and this other mode whose name I have forgotten. November 4th can't come soon enough.

2. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

I got the beta as well. I'm not feeling this game.

No sense of urgency, it feels like every match is the same.
    When matches go a long time, like in skirmish, I feel that I'm doing the samething over and over.
    There may be some cool weapons, but some of them are overpowered like the marksman, others are underpowered like the shotgun. I want to see someone try and get a positive K/D ratio using the shotgun exclusively.

I tried a full room of co-op, it was decent. AI could of been better, I've seen enemies run into a wall, other times, completely ignoring me when I'm a few feet to their side. The choice of making the big chimera (I don't know what they're called) makes the game slow down, takes forever to kill. And if you die in co-op, there really aren't any consequences, you just have to wait to respawn. There are a few other issues with it, but they're minor inconveniences.

Closing comment is that this game is a little too easy. Gonna pass this up, maybe rent it from Blockbuster just for the campaign.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Don't listen to him, he's a Resistance hater. He's just mad that it's taking the spotlight away from SOCOM. :p

4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I want this game.

Is it as sexy in realtime as it appears on the ads?

5. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Me too...
    I love the medic

I'm practicly invincible!

Now I need to get into the LBP beta...

I am a little bummed that its only 2 player console. I was hoping to get 4 or even more.

Theres hardly any games that support the 7 controller function of the ps3, and I think they're mostly basketball games.

Though the split screen would suck unless your playing on some fucking huge projector screen.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Meh, any game that can be played with 7 people can be played on the PSN without the split screen. I think that's the rationale they use. And 7 people on one screen? Your part of the TV will be so small. 4 players is bad enough.

Also, Resistance 2 Co-op is fucking fun. I love the medic too, though it's hard to get kills with him. I mean, even his secondary weapon is only a carbine, which doesn't do much against the enemies you face.

7. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

The experience points do make up for the kills.

8. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

The xp is the best part. Its very rewarding to count xp me with every attack. Reminds me of Diablo II

9. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

>__< I hate you guys. Seriously. How'd you get into the beta? And are sniper weapons any good? I want a rematch without random Japs, Sree. D:

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Lol Oz. To get considered all you had to do was go to myresistance.net and give them your PSN ID and your email. :p

But yeah, rematch anytime motherfucker.

Sniper weapons are pretty good. There's a new one called the Marksman. It doesn't have much of a range like the Fareye, but it can be used for both close and long range combat. It's powerful as hell too. It's not a two shot kill either, it shoots off in succession 3 shots which will lay your opponent down in 3 or 4 hits. Probably my favorite weapon of the game so far.