PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fiction

Ragon
12-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Seriously? How is there little if any fics in Codex Alera? I dont understand IT!!

Shezza, if you read this. Your next task is to make us a Codex Alera trilogy. You are in the process of doing a dresden Files Trilogy. Next we need an Alera Trilogy

JoJo23
12-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Personally I have always seen the Codex Alera having greater FF potential than Dresden. Dresden has a good universe but Alera is a true fantasy rather than detective series.

The Fine Balance
12-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Personally I see that most plots in Codex would involve a heavy amount of politics and that makes it very unsuitable for many of the potential writers.

Samuel Black
12-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Exactly. I thought about it, but the sheer amount of political maneuvering and backstabbing was rather daunting. I scrapped it.

Shezza
12-02-2008, 05:01 AM
Alera bores me

The DarIm
12-02-2008, 05:15 AM
Alera bores me

BLASPHEMY!!!!:eek:

How about if we all say please? With a cherry on top?

Get to it tiger!:whipped:

uriel
12-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I dunno.. the events in Codex Alera have pretty much built up to a point, and at such a pace that the only thing that can happen now is battle with the Vorde. Be hard to know when and where to start off a story (not that I'd mind someone starting a fic.. )

Dresden on the other hand, you can pick up at any point in the series and write some clever little vignette that slots in handily anywhere in the Dresden time line. Kind of like how Butcher's short stories fit in between the events of the books.

Hmm.. actually I'm sure someone out there would be able to write good Alera fiction.. just my opinion is all.

Samuel Black
12-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Spoilers for people who haven't read the books.

The basic premise I had was that Isana died in childbirth. Araris, not knowing what else to do, took Tavi and hid him away. Basically, the whole premise was that Tavi was never recognized as Gaius's heir until much, much later. I was going to kill Sextus off somehow, maybe natural, maybe not, but there was going to be a mass scramble for the throne. Civil war erupts between Aquitaine, Kalarus, Rhodes and various other High Lords. Tavi and Araris, in some way I hadn't figured out yet, were going to get dragged into the war.

That was about as far as I got.

And then I realized it sucked, and there was no way I could pull it off.

Tehan
12-02-2008, 08:47 AM
For one, Codex Alera isn't that popular.

For two, for those that have read it, it seems to be a love it or hate it deal.

For three, the starting political situation in Alera is a fucking tinderbox.

For four, the series isn't complete yet, and there's a shitload of information on origins of various races that people are waiting on before they start the fanfic.

For five, do YOU want a page on FFN full of Bernard/Fade? Count your blessings.

Taure
12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Writing a long Alera fanfic might prove troublesome, given the politics and everything, but I should imagine missing scenes and one-shots would be comparatively easy to write.

Samual Black: The problem with your idea is that it would completely change Tavi's character, as he would have grown up with Furies, and powerful ones at that. He would be just another powerful Furycrafter, rather than the innovative and intelligent guy we know and love.

The Fine Balance
12-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Actually, thinking about it, the politics of Alera are not exactly that complex. Especially in the 5th book. For political complexities as a deterrence to fanfiction, you should look at Song of Ice and Fire :P

Taure
12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
The politics aren't that complex, but the characters involved are, thus making them unpredictable.

Ragon
12-02-2008, 12:56 PM
The 5th book is a war book. The 2nd and 4th are the most political to me.

Samuel Black
12-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Samual Black: The problem with your idea is that it would completely change Tavi's character, as he would have grown up with Furies, and powerful ones at that. He would be just another powerful Furycrafter, rather than the innovative and intelligent guy we know and love.

Exactly, which would be why I ultimately scrapped the idea. The main problem with writing Alera fanfiction is basically that. If you take it so Isana dies or something when Tavi is young, he has his furies and is basically an OC. If you keep Tavi with her instead, it's basically the same story that we already have, and I couldn't really find a spot to split off afterwards.

Necrule Paen
12-03-2008, 04:01 AM
For political complexities as a deterrence to fanfiction, you should look at Song of Ice and Fire :P

Tell me about it, I am still not sure who is the main protagonist in the story.

Tehan
12-03-2008, 05:33 AM
As much as I utterly despise Isana, you have to admit that her deliberately crippling Tavi helped make him the guy he is.

Samuel Black
12-03-2008, 05:44 AM
I was thinking about this the other day, and Tavi's reaction to the whole thing.

I know he was pissed, but, was I the only one who thought he didn't get angry enough? He had just found out his mom, who he thought was his aunt, had deliberately stunted his growth. I'd be fucking furious for a long ass time.

But, nah, he's pissed for like half a book, and then starts calling her mom.

Seemed a little off to me.

Ragon
12-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Hes a smart guy. I say he realizes that if she hadnt done what she did odds are he would have been found out much much earlier. Before he meet Maximus and Crassus and gained powerful allies in the First Aleran. His defenses now are greater than his father's war at any time Septimus wasnt around Sextus. Septimus had Miles, Aldrick, Araris and a couple others? What we have seen so far has been expert swordsman.

Octavian has Maximus and Crassus; who are the sons of one of the more powerful high lords; Araris; who is pretty much the deadliest swordsman in Alera; allies in Varg and Nasaug; and the First Aleran who have been shown to be willing to do anything for their Captain. Not to mention that Octavian is no slouch with a sword either and is damn smart.

Samuel Black
12-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Hes a smart guy. I say he realizes that if she hadnt done what she did odds are he would have been found out much much earlier. Before he meet Maximus and Crassus and gained powerful allies in the First Aleran. His defenses now are greater than his father's war at any time Septimus wasnt around Sextus. Septimus had Miles, Aldrick, Araris and a couple others? What we have seen so far has been expert swordsman.

Octavian has Maximus and Crassus; who are the sons of one of the more powerful high lords; Araris; who is pretty much the deadliest swordsman in Alera; allies in Varg and Nasaug; and the First Aleran who have been shown to be willing to do anything for their Captain. Not to mention that Octavian is no slouch with a sword either and is damn smart.

Well, yeah, if that was a rational moment. For most people finding that out, rationalizing the choice and how they were probably better off wouldn't have been their first move. I was expecting a lot more... reaction and raw emotion, even if it was only just anger, I guess.

But, who knows. It may have gone down differently if Isana had told him instead of Fade, and if they weren't getting ready to march.

Taure
12-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Tavi somehow removing Isana's Watercrafting would have been a very satisfying result, given that her Watercrafting is the sum total of Isana's character. And the best thing about it would be that she wouldn't be able to complain without admitting that what she did was wrong.

/me hates Isana.

The DarIm
12-03-2008, 07:10 AM
For most people finding that out, rationalizing the choice and how they were probably better off wouldn't have been their first move.

But then Tavi isn't most people is he?

Tavi somehow removing Isana's Watercrafting would have been a very satisfying result, given that her Watercrafting is the sum total of Isana's character. And the best thing about it would be that she wouldn't be able to complain without admitting that what she did was wrong.

This could make a decent Alera fanfic. Every book had a two year interim between them until the Princeps' I think? Between that time, especially before and after the second book, when Tavi was surrounded by relatively powerful furycrafters who picked on him, you could arrange an accident (maybe near death?) which causes him to break free of Isana's crafting on him?

Then you have a Tavi who is slowly gaining control on his furies out there at the Canim war and ahead. What do you think? Someone wishes to give it a try?

Taure
12-03-2008, 08:08 AM
I think you misunderstood me. I meant not Tavi undoing the Watercrafting that Isana did to him, but rather taking away her ability to Watercraft completely, as vengeance/justice.

Ragon
12-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Dude its his MOTHER!!

Why the hell would he want his mother completely defenseless? Revenge? Regardless of how she did it. Isana is the reason he survived to find out who his father was. Invida is apparently more than a match for most High Lords. What do you think she would have done to Bernardholt had she found out Septimus' son was living there? Kids with that kinda of power dont just pop up.

MofoNofo
12-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Steamed Isana-buns, anyone?

BTW Here's some Alera fanfiction: http://community.livejournal.com/codexaleraslash/

*cough* Enjoy...

Taure
12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Dude its his MOTHER!!

Anyone who abuses/mutilates their child loses the right to that title.

As for the whole "I had to mutilate him to hide him", it's complete bullshit.

Firstly, he wouldn't have started manifesting his Furies until he was at least 5.

Secondly, it takes time to grow into your Furies. It would take time for people to recognise the fact that he had so much power. I mean, look at Maximus in Academ's Fury. It's said that he will become (or has the potential to become) a High Lord, yet in Academ's Fury he hardly seems like one.

Thirdly, it's not like as soon as Tavi started manifesting his Furies Isana would go around the world shouting out about them. She could have just kept him sheltered, not let him display too much power too openly.

The Fine Balance
12-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Which is not the same as blanket security.

And there is a large difference between Maximus and Tavi: Tavi is the son of a much more powerful Fury caster. Perhaps he would have started to showcase them faster? More explosively? And how motivated was Max in the academ anyway? He was powerful and for the large part he rested upon those inherited laurels. A motivated Tavi who had found out that his father was killed (and if she hadn't done it, it would have come out much sooner) might have far exceeded Max's efforts. Pulling attention to himself. Dangerous attention.

Besides, could he have self-taught himself into a master status? If not, who would teach him? There he would be, a youth with a lot of power that he didn't know how to use, anger at people who put him and his mother in this situation, seeking revenge against people who killed his father. Fade could have only protected him so far, no matter what he said to Isana in book 5. (Which really irked me, btw.)

She had to make the best of a bad situation.

The DarIm
12-03-2008, 01:57 PM
@Taure: It's not that I misunderstood you, I was just trying to provide a point at which fanfictions could deviate from canon. And my question still stands: Will anyone take up my idea? It's not much, but maybe if a talented writer tries, we could actually get an Alera fanfic worth reading.

Ragon
12-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Taure, when is the last time you saw a kid who is 5-10 years old have just a whole lot in self control.

With his power as smart as he is he could have realized early on that he was far stronger than everyone else. He might have been able to influence the great furies. And who would have taught him the control? sure Isana could have taught him water and Bernard earth and wood. But what of fire? Apparently in the first book there wasnt much in the way of fire crafters at Bernardholt. Atleast not in Isana and Bernard's league.

@The Fine Balance, You are correct in assuming Fade could only do so much. In Princeps Fury had Raccous killed Isana, Araris would probably have struck so fast Raccous would have been killed off guard. With a blade its been proven Raccous is no match for Araris. But against an army, or 2 or 3 high lords Araris is reduced to being just one more person in the way. A deadly person but just a person.

Danjam
12-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Anyone who abuses/mutilates their child loses the right to that title.

As for the whole "I had to mutilate him to hide him", it's complete bullshit.

Firstly, he wouldn't have started manifesting his Furies until he was at least 5.

Secondly, it takes time to grow into your Furies. It would take time for people to recognise the fact that he had so much power. I mean, look at Maximus in Academ's Fury. It's said that he will become (or has the potential to become) a High Lord, yet in Academ's Fury he hardly seems like one.

Thirdly, it's not like as soon as Tavi started manifesting his Furies Isana would go around the world shouting out about them. She could have just kept him sheltered, not let him display too much power too openly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Isana never meant to actually harm Tavi's furies, just make him shorter, and the effect on his furies was an accident.

Ryuugi Shi
12-03-2008, 05:33 PM
And once she found out about it, she continued to do it.

fuubar
12-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Isana never meant to actually harm Tavi's furies, just make him shorter, and the effect on his furies was an accident.

I'm pretty sure that that was said in Captain's Fury but I don't remember for sure. She did say it at one point or another though.

Edit: Woops ninja'd.

But yea how long was it going to be before she could realistically notice. Sure his father's came in at 5 but isn't it stated that most people's don't show up until about 10 years old?

MofoNofo
12-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Seems as if we're going to have to have two fanfiction categories in this here forum.

Isana-Haters and Cold-Bastards.

Ragon
12-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Dont forget the Amara haters. Wait thats everyone

Andro
12-04-2008, 07:08 PM

Sometime where on the Internet, there will be a Codex Alera forum where they write Amara Kill-Offs instead of Ginny Kill-Offs.

Seriously, when she survived Brencis, I was devastated. How could Butcher tease with the possibility of her death like that, and not actually kill her?

ZeroTheDestroyer
12-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragon http://forums.darklordpotter.net/images_DLP_skin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=261855#post261855)

Sometime where on the Internet, there will be a Codex Alera forum where they write Amara Kill-Offs instead of Ginny Kill-Offs.

Seriously, when she survived Brencis, I was devastated. How could Butcher tease with the possibility of her death like that, and not actually kill her?

Becuase thats the kind of person that he is, and we love him for it.

Sol
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
If I were thinking about writing an Alera fanfic the easiest thing to do would be to move it away from the timeline of the books. Perhaps not the most popular option, but it definitely gives more room to work.

I think a well done story set in Alera's past, you know back when all those races the Legions made extinct were still alive. Or the discovery of Furycraft and the rise of the Citezenry could possibly make a killer tale.

Or perhaps one set in the future. Or set with the Canim. I think a one-shot or short story about the Canim fighting against the Vord in Canea could be poignant if handled well.

Even thinking about doing a story set in the current story gives me new appreciation for the effort Butcher has put into the story.

But it's still not better than Dresden.

Demons In The Night
12-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Along with what everyone else said, a big problem is that Alera is a fantasy land...one that we've never seen a map of. It would be far easier to write a Dresden fic because it takes place in the 'real world'.

For example, I kind of have a vague understanding of where the Caulderon is in relation to some other places in Alera, but I don't have anything close accurate picture in my head.

Add to that the politics, complex characters, and various other variables, it would be a highly difficult undertaking.

Ryuugi Shi
12-11-2008, 10:59 PM
See: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,5303.0.html

Demons In The Night
12-12-2008, 04:18 PM
See: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,5303.0.html

Thanks. I didn't know that existed.

Interesting.

ZeroTheDestroyer
12-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Codex Alera is somewhat confusing too, don't shoot, you know its true. Dresden Files is easier to follow and has more girls so its bound to be more popular, even if not all harems are popular.

The Wizard
12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Harem? What the fuck are you talking about now?

Ryuugi Shi
12-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Especially since only, like, three women have shown interest in Harry (at least, interest of the non-horrible kind).

Ones on her way to being a greasy, bat-like bloodsucker. Ones an annoying twat. And ones a 200 year old hag in a young body, who happens to have an interest in younger guys.

Sesc
12-16-2008, 06:06 PM
What are you on? There are lots of hawt wimminz in Alera, and they're powerful to boot. Nothing better than that. I'd take any of the High Ladies every day.

So, after I finished Princeps (and was not at all pleased about what became of some of my favourite characters) and to get this going again, let's think about some parings. At this point, that's as good a way to start as any. Not that Kitai is bad, but we have that in the books already.

My personal favourite would be Tavi/Odiana. Sadly, besides the usual "Everyone close to Tavi gets killed, he snaps, and together, they kill anything that moves" it's a bit weak on the plot front (could make for an amusing One-Shot, though) :p

So rather, I go with my second favourite, and propose Tavi/Lady Aquitaine, in the first sketches of an AU as follows: Invidia Aquitaine is one of the most scheming persons in the whole series. It's positively awesome <3 Together with her husband, she wants to overthrow Gaius and take the position of the First Lord and Lady for themselves.

Now suppose it somehow became known sooner that Tavi was Septimus' son, and suppose it was Invidia who knew it. She thinks long and hard, and in the end decides that he would make for a better First Lord -- for her, since she can control him easier than she can control Attis, which means more power for her.

She does what can do best and starts manipulating things, which eventually leads to an abrupt demise of Attis, all the while she distracts Gaius (and gets him killed as well) and gets closer to Tavi.

It needs to be fleshed out much more, but it ends up with Tavi as the new First Lord and her as the First Lady, in something like a stalemate: Tavi is much smarter than she gave him credit for, which leaves her with less influence than she wanted, but she can't exactly kill him like the others either, since that would be relieving herself of the source of whatever power she has now.

My knowledge about Alera is not nearly as complete as it is in HP; I have to re-read the books, but from what I dimly remember, this could work a few years after Academ's Fury, perhaps.

It has the added advantage that we can keep the Borg, er, Vord and the subsequent destruction of Alera out of the picture; and concentrate on the various games of (political) power in a still working empire.

Lucullus
12-17-2008, 06:21 AM
You do have a taste for the weird pairings.

But I'd be more than happy to see Tavi going for Aria Placida.

phalanx
12-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Especially since only, like, three women have shown interest in Harry (at least, interest of the non-horrible kind).

Ones on her way to being a greasy, bat-like bloodsucker. Ones an annoying twat. And ones a 200 year old hag in a young body, who happens to have an interest in younger guys.

Actually more women than that have shown interest in Harry.
I assume you meant Susan, Murphy and Luccio. There's still Elaine, Molly, Gard and then there are the dangerous one's Mab, Maeve, Lasciel, Lara, maybe Inari.

Ryuugi Shi
12-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Have you seen what's happened to the people who've touched the Valkyries? Harry's already tried Elaine, it didn't work out. Molly's his best friends daughter, his apprentice, a former warlock with a speciality of drilling holes in minds, and way below his batting zone. Which are important is up to you. Mab...well, Harry would be lucky to die in that situation. Maeve; an insane and cruel bitch. Lasciel; doesn't even exist in this plain or reality. Lara; would eat his soul for lunch, leaving him an empty husk at her beck and call. Inari; either taken or the same as Lara, depending on when.

Need I go on?

Taure
12-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I ship Harry/Molly. She's the one for him :p

Though to be fair I always imagine her without all the piercings lol.

Ryuugi Shi
12-17-2008, 03:49 PM
She also has the tattoo's. Add Gothy McGoth to the Molly list.

Vesvius
12-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Dudes? Alera forum. Dresden stuff is two sub forums up.

Chengar Qordath
01-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Along with what everyone else said, a big problem is that Alera is a fantasy land...one that we've never seen a map of. It would be far easier to write a Dresden fic because it takes place in the 'real world'.

For example, I kind of have a vague understanding of where the Caulderon is in relation to some other places in Alera, but I don't have anything close accurate picture in my head.

Add to that the politics, complex characters, and various other variables, it would be a highly difficult undertaking.
I suspect that the reason we haven't seen a map of Alera is because of all the hints and teases Butcher has been throwing out over the course of the books that Alera is some sort of alternate Earth. All the references to a "Romanic" state that preceeded Alera and didn't have Furies seem like hints at that, and Princep's Fury gives the theory a further boost as:

The page directly before the Prologue pretty much directly states that the Romanic Empire = Rome, and it was destroyed by Germans more or less as per history.
Maybe we will get to see a map at some point; assuming that the Alera = Earth theory is right I'm rather curious to see what ends up where.

Taure
01-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Alera isn't Earth. It's an alternate world into which one (or maybe more) of the lost Roman legions found themselves accidentally transported, and there the legion started a society that mirrored Rome.

Its been hinted that the other species on Carna got there in the same way, though maybe not the Cain. The Vord got there by space, and look to be a terraforming biotechnology created by an alien race.

This is all from Butcher.

Hopefully he won't integrate it into the books. It taking place on Earth is a much better idea, IMO.

Nigh7
01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
there is a map from alera somewhere in jimbutcher forums for the book if im not mistaken....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21582563@N03/3206669383/sizes/o
i think this is the one they have there

there are more but i dont remember the link Oo

Chengar Qordath
01-19-2009, 05:39 PM
there is a map from alera somewhere in jimbutcher forums for the book if im not mistaken....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21582563@N03/3206669383/sizes/o
i think this is the one they have there

there are more but i dont remember the link Oo
A link to the relevant thread on jimbutcher forum and all the maps was posted on the previous page of this thread.

In any case, the map is the product of conjecture by fans, so it has no cannon status and thus doesn't kill the Alera/Carna is Earth theory.

@ Taure

Where did Butcher say that?

In any case, the reference to Germania in the introductory quotes throws a wrench into the lost legion theory. I suppose it could be reconciled easily enough if some Germans came through along with the Romans or at some later point, but then that naturally raises the question of what happened to the Germans.

Just had a random thought; perhaps Alera/Carna is Earth, but the Alerans are not actually humans; the Alerans arrived from their homeworld and encountered the remnants of Roman civilization, which they ended up largely adopting. With all the frightening and far more powerful alien races running around the planet, it wouldn't be a surprise that humanity died out.

The lack of a map, which is usually a staple of fantasy novels and created worlds, and the fact that Butcher has not provided one despite requests that he do so seem to indicate that the lack of a map is a deliberate omission. It could certainly be argued that the reason no map is included is because showing a map would spoil the big reveal.

Taure
01-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Butcher has said it multiple times; first at a convention interview session and then on his forums.

The Wizard
01-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Citation needed. :awesome

Taure
01-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Origin of the Vord: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,9865.msg368507.html#msg368507

I can't remember where I read Jim say about Carna as the universe's Bermuda-triangle drop off point, so I've asked for a link on his forums. Keep an eye on this thread:

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,10504.0.html

Ragon
01-19-2009, 06:12 PM
All I know about the lack of maps is that I get confused as hell trying to figure out where the hell they are.

But I can understand the lost Legion idea Taure. It has merit and the Vord coming from space would not be a large leap.

Taure
01-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Lol it's not my idea. I think it's crap. But it's what Butcher has said, so *shrug*.

Chengar Qordath
01-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Pretty much as soon as they were introduced I assumed that the Vord were Space Bugs; the first thing they reminded me of when they showed up in Academ's Fury was the Zerg from Starcraft.

Taure
01-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Okay, I have links to Butcher talking about the origins of Aleran society at Comic-Con.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ylKRYe0ZWHo&feature=related

And then:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KJwrYrvcF1M&feature=related

7 and a half minutes in he talks about the origin of all races in Carna: "Everything that's there came from somewhere else".

Chengar Qordath
01-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Interesting stuff Taure. My theory had it's points, but it looks like that's not what Butcher had in mind; of course that still leaves open the possibility that Alerans are human aliens rather than actual humans; that reconciles Butcher's comments on nothing being native to Carna with the Carna=Earth theory.

Ryuugi Shi
01-24-2009, 11:11 PM
It's also been stated the the first Alerans were a Roman Legion, that was somehow transported to Carna. So no.

Chengar Qordath
01-25-2009, 04:32 AM
Damnation! I spent fifteen minutes coming up with the Earth-is-Carna theory ... fifteen minutes of my life wasted!

Oh well, the books are still awesome.

Agayek
03-20-2009, 12:37 PM
In any case, the reference to Germania in the introductory quotes throws a wrench into the lost legion theory. I suppose it could be reconciled easily enough if some Germans came through along with the Romans or at some later point, but then that naturally raises the question of what happened to the Germans.

My theory on that was that a Roman legion or two was sheltering in some abandoned roman town that had been destroyed by said Germans who had moved on. Then the Bermuda Triangle effect kicked in and transplanted the entire town into Carna, buildings, people and the dirt they stood on.

Antivash
03-20-2009, 05:19 PM
My personal favourite would be Tavi/Odiana.

This. THIS! :D

Oh, an Cursor chick that was originally with Isana. Sarei? Serai?

The main problem I see with Alera fiction; The Vord. Leave them out, and its all good. Include them and its all just boring. Vord: Butcher's worst idea yet. :/ Alien made organic tech in fantasy land. yaaay.

Inb4alrdybensed; Fuck you all I didnt read the thread. I just skimmed.

Oh. Tavi/Odiana > all.

ZeroTheDestroyer
03-26-2009, 09:12 AM
So I was trying to find fics on FFN for Codex Aler.

I searched here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/book/

and I didn't even find Codex Alera as a selection. How are people going to write Fanfics on Codex Alera when it is not even an option?

Who do you have to talk to get it listed on FFN?

I checked out that live journal link earlier, there is like 2 fics. And not exactly amazing thats for sure.

Are there any codex alera fics on DLP?

Ragon
03-26-2009, 11:08 AM
We have discussed earlier in the thread how difficult it would be to write a good Alera fic. So no theres not any to my knowledge.

Ryuugi Shi
03-26-2009, 03:05 PM
So I was trying to find fics on FFN for Codex Aler.

I searched here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/book/

and I didn't even find Codex Alera as a selection. How are people going to write Fanfics on Codex Alera when it is not even an option?

Who do you have to talk to get it listed on FFN?

I checked out that live journal link earlier, there is like 2 fics. And not exactly amazing thats for sure.

Are there any codex alera fics on DLP?

I've looked several times using the search engine. I haven't found any at all.

ZeroTheDestroyer
03-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Same here, I searched like 10x, but I couldn't find anything. Its pretty sad, because you would think any book with a barbarian girl would be popular for a good write.

As for it being hard to write a good Codex Alera fanfic, that's really too bad, there are a lot of writters here. It seems like its such a shame for it to go to waste.

sparkar
10-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Using the earlier idea for a FF instead of Isana dying what if Bernard had died or if Isana's sister had lived. This could cause a huge change in plot with keping Tavi's personality.