1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Red Alert 3 - Tournament

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by vlad, Dec 8, 2008.

1. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It seems that there are quite a few of us who have this game/will be getting it/intend to... what have you. I'd like to put forward an idea and see if there is any interest amongst players.

What I'm thinking is a tournement to be held during the coming holidays, starting in a week or so's time (or a little after, depending on everyone's exam times, for those that have them). Double elimination probably, given the player size, but rules can be worked out later.

So, to quote our cold and lovely Dasha, "Do you think you can handle it?"

Edit: You'd think I'd learn by now to check my spelling in thread titles. TournAment.

/facepalm

2. Intention

Intention Squib

I've been looking at this game for a while and just hadn't picked it up because I thought that End War would be the better choice later on. But which system would the tournament be held on?

3. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Yeah, I'm in.

I'll lose, of course, since I still get smashed by the medium AI, but I'll play.

Intention: I don't know what you mean by system, but it'd probably be held over Hamachi. DLP has a few gaming groups set up there already.

4. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Indeed, Hamachi it would be. Since that seems to be very straight forward, and well, system is already in place.

Also, as of right now, Version 1.04. I'm pretty sure most people who got the game from their local store will already have this, and we'd all need to be on the same level. If anyone upgrades beyond this before the tourney, please let it be known so that people can 'catch up' so to speak. I also know that the patch is available to all, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Prepare to face the wrath of the Rising Sun! Between Strikers, hordes of rage filled ninjas, and Kelly Hu, you will all bow before the emperor, or face extinction. Shogun Executioner ftfw (even though for multiplayer, he disappears :( )

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

I'm in. And don't worry about those Strikers, I've got Apollos. I really wrecked Vlad's day.

But I might not have to, as Vlad and I have been talking about making it a 2v2. Get a buddy, and then we'll go. This is going to be PC by the way, version 1.04. If you have compatibility problems, talk to me and I'll see if I can get a fix.

Oh, Vlad and I are entering as Team Georgia. We may be 49th in education, but we're #1 in kickass.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  6. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If you can't find a friend, you can always bring Autumn Reeser... and hey, if you win, dinner's on her!

7. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Sounds good, but I'll probably be abroad all holiday and away from a decent computer to play on. Gimme some more definite dates and I'll tell you if I'm available to make you all cry like little girls, you fascist capitalist pig-dogs!