1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Seven Sisters

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Randeemy, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

1) Harry pays a visit to Dumbledores home, where he finds a painting enchanted to tell harry one thing. About the council of the 7 sisters.

(How you get harry to end up at DD's house is irrelevant)

2) The council of the 7 sisters are a group of wizards and witches destined to defeat a Dark lord. They are immortal, but can die.

With the death of a sister, a new Dark Lord must rise in order for a new sister to take his/her place on the council.

Harry was the 7th sister, only with Dumbedores death, there needs to a one to take his place... and consequently a new dark lord

3) Dumbledore also reminds Harry of the room in the DoM that is filled with the power Harry has an abundance of. In truth, all that resides in the room is a spell book. A book with spells so powerful that a Dark Lord can be vanquished. The Power the Dark Lord knows not, is the power to open and read this book.

It is not possible for the knowledge from the book to be passed on. Only the seven sisters can read it and comprehend the information that resides within its pages.

4) Harry gains access to the book and learns spells and branches of magic long thought extinct. (Author can elaborate as they wish, just nothing cliche)

5) Harry sets about his quest to destroy the Horcrux's and achieves it, with the odd Death eater battle and Voldie confrontation mixed in.

6) Harry destroys all the horcruxs and the final battle begins. Upon defeating Voldemort, the dark wizard tells harry of one more horcrux, in the Temple of Truth.

7)Temple of truth in my mind is a desolate mountaious region with evidence of ancient rituals and such taking place. For those who have enjoyed KOTR2 it is like the final level of the game.

Harry finds there is no horcrux, only a book, the book documenting truth, the true nature of existance and life, it shows that the idea of good and evil are simply the development of the human mind, used to control the masses. Harry realises that Voldemort was right, there is no good or evil, only Power, and those strong enough to grasp it.

8) One of the key things about the Temple of Truth is that any wizard that has ever entered has found the truth and consequently, has left a dark wizard.

9) Harry, the new Dark Lord, sets about finding and removing the remaining 5 of the seven sisters. the battles they engage in are monumental but harry has the knowledge of the book from the DoM and the subsequent Dark arts he emerges himself in.

10)With the 7 sisters out of the way Harry is free to spread the Truth!

11)Harry undergoes his quest with a non slash pairing of the authors choice. She visits the temple too and too becomes dark, together they attempt to rule supreme. Only with the rise of this Dark witch, comes a new memeber to the council of the seven sisters. He must Kill his lover before the prophisised child is born.

12)In the end Harry is last remaining of the 7 sisters and there is an equilibrium that nature requires in him also being the last Dark Lord.

Its quite complex I know, and for anyone who can be arsed, it will likely be over 150,000 words...

2. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Looks interesting.

3. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I would love to see a good story come out of this challenge. But why does Harry have to kill his lover? Why not just kill the mother of the prophesized child? All that you have to do is snap the neck and your done with it.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

If a better name could be found for that council then this'll be awesome. Sisters generally mean female, hence witches. So... yeah. :D

5. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Hows about "The Seven Sorcerers"? Lame I know, but still, its a neutral gender.

6. Randeemy

i named it after the seven sisters constellation..

as for why he has to kill his lover... well, there has to be a balance... 2 dark lords and 1 memeber of the seven sisters... doesnt add up.. Harry knows what he must do to bring truth to the world. As long as there is a Dark Lord, there will always be a corresponding sister. with the lover gone, the corresponding sister is the dark lord himself. If that means he must also kill himself then so be it...

If anyone wants to give it a shot. they can chop and change what they like. My favourite idea is that of the the 'Power he knows not' being the ability to read the spell book in the DoM and go badass...

In truth, this was 2 seperate stories i planned, but decided to mix them together. The two stories were the Seven sisters, and the Temple of Truth...

7. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

Interesting challenge.. Do you plan on writing it, Randeemy?

8. Element

Element Seventh Year

Sounds fantastic. I like the whole balance and equilibrium thing going on. The only problem I have with it is that it sounds truly, utterly, epic. I think it would hit far more than 150, 000 thousand words. But, I guess thats not my problem. Great challenge.

9. Randeemy

I had intended to write it, but, alas, i have not the writing skill, or attention to detail that would do it justice. I find when i write that i wonder off into irrelevant things and I change my plans far to easily. I have written a 1 shot, which i like the begining of, but by the last 2000 words, its all rushed and horrible. Then there is my attempt at a humourous Harry who turns out like his Dad, being mr.Suave. but I got distracted by exams and forgot what was going on and so never returned to it...

I want someone, or a group to write this, it could be the greatest thing of all time....

10. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

It sounds like it would an interesting fic. If anyone decides to write it, be sure to let Shabranigdo know.