1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lily...A Slytherin ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zero, Feb 24, 2006.

?

Did You Wish that Lily Potter was a Slytherin ?

1. Yes

99.1%
  2. No

0.9%
  1. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Did anyone else wish that Lily would be a Slytherin in the HP Books ?

I mean there isn't a single decent person from Slytherin in canon. But nope, HBP came along and Lily just had to be a Gryffindor didn't she ?

Jesus, now we got that effing stupid Gryffindor= Saints and Slytherin=Pure Evil thing going on.

Another good reason for this would be that it would open Harry eyes, If Harry's mum was a Slytherin it would make Harry think that all Slytherins ain't that bad really if his mum was one.

And it would shut Ron up too.

2. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I say yes, that or Reavenclaw, because I personally don't think that the two Heads are going to be from the same house. There would be too much bigotry and such. Also, even though sacrificing herself for her child seems like something that a mother would do anyways, regardless of her normal attitude.

3. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

My dream come true.

Not that I actually ever read any of the mountain of Lily/James fics out there, but I'm guessing they're all written by 13 year old girls and have both in Gryffindor? Or are some actually worth reading?

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

They are both in Gryffindor, I'm sure JKR has said it somewhere... whether its in her books or an interview. Its weird though... having two heads from the same house, it wouldnt be very good.

In Snape's memory, does it say what colors are on her robes?

5. Ginny Killer 2.0

Ginny Killer 2.0 Third Year

right behind you breathing down your neck
    ummm Lily would have gotten killed in Slytherin does the word " Mudblood" mean anything to you people. though one has to wonder why Voldemort said that Lily didnt have to die that night. If he is all about killing muggles and mudbloods then shouldnt he have killed her anyways with out asking her to give Harry to him? Most likely thats just another one of the numerous plot holes to the Harry Potter series.

6. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Yeah I know she would have a seriously hard time there, but I like to think talent (If she was talented) could help in most situations.

There's no point insulting someone who can blow you six ways from sunday.

The reason I hoped Lily was in Slytherin was so Harry could actually think that maybe all Slytherins aren't that bad, getting rid of that stupid "All Sliherinz r teh evilz!1!" mentality.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I would have assumed her to be a Ravenclaw until Rowling said otherwise. Personally I find Slytherin House to be vastly overrated within the fandom. Honestly, look at most of the people in it during Harry's tenure at Hogwarts. Dumb trolls and pampered little rich shits. Riddle and maybe Snape are the only 'true' Slytherins we've ever seen in the canon.

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Malfoy Snr. (especially yours); Rockwood; Narcissa; Bellatrix (until she went mad, I guess); Blaise Zabini (from HBP)...

I guess there are some good ones and some bad ones, just like in every house...

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

People writing the stories usually have an unreasonable hatred for either Gryffindor or Slytherin. It shows when they write, if they favor Gryffindor, all the Slytherins are Death Eaters and all evil, if they favor Slytherin then all the Gryffindors are stubborn pricks without an ounce of smartness within them. People just can't seem to get rid of their prejudices (*cough*buncha Ron-Haters*cough*) to write a story, and it just brings down the quality of a story in my opinion when there is an exorbitant amount of bashing, be it Snape or be it Ron.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Personally I think Rowling is just making Slytherin pure evil on purpose, because in her world everthing must be arranged with its polar opposite. I mean look at the symbolism of Slytherin house... Their symbol is a Snake, the most "evil" ability is being able to talk with snakes.

For someone who believes in Choice, Rowling is one of the most anti-free-will writers out there.

Dumbledore vs. Voldemort
    Harry vs. Voldemort
    Dumbledore vs. Fudge (powerful and competant vs. weak and incompetant)
    Slytherin vs. Gryffindor (evil vs. good)
    Hermione vs. Ron

etc...

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I've made long posts on that before Gio that I won't bother repeating, but she's just obsessed with duality and balance to the point where there was never a choice. Slytherin=evil Gry=Good.

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Yeah I know... But my opinion is that she is so obsessed with duality that she ruins her writing.

13. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Lucius...maybe. He was pretty good at more or less ruling the magical world in Voldemort's absence.

Rookwood we know nothing about, or even that he WAS in Slytherin.

Almost ditto with Zabini. We got one scene in HBP with him, and a couple lines. He could be a total moron for all we know.

Narcissa doesn't really seem all that bright from what we've seen. I mean, I don't think she's stupid, but I'm not seeing 'Slytherin' on the level of a Snape or a Voldemort.

And Bellatrix...we don't know what she was like pre-Azkaban, so there's no real point in arguing that. From the courtroom Pensieve scene in GoF, she seems to have been pretty nutty to begin with.

15. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    It say's in the books that Rookwood was actually a Ravenclaw, not a Slytherin. As for Malfoy Snr. he for some reason, has always been one of my favorite characters, and an example of a true Slytherin on par with the likes of Riddle and Snape.

He not only is able to spread his master's influence, but also keeps out of jail. I mean how Slytherin can Bella be if she's in jail, she didn't even claim that she didn't do it. She comes right out saying the Dark Lord will rise. She is still a fav of mine tho. Malfoy also has a kick ass cane, you can't ignore that cane it's just so cool...gah I want one.

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

How about Slughorn? He's as Slytherin as you can get - manipulating kids towards his own goals and all... :)