1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout series

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by That_Boy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Personally i'm waiting for goddamn Fallout 3

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's not worth looking forward to, avoid it the first month or three till it's patched up and works, then we'll judge. Now Fallout 3 I'd love to hear some sort of info on

3. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

I think it will be a few years till we hear about Fallout 3 since the company that was making it and Baldur's Gate 3 got shut down :evil:

I think another company bought the rights to Fallout 3 but i can't remember off hand

4. Midknight

Good page for links http://www.nma-fallout.com/fallout3/

5. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Every sane man is...

6. That_Boy

I love no mutants allowes
    What is everyone's favorite Fallout game? 1,2 or tactics???
    Personally I like fallout 2 best what do other people think and are there any hypotheses on when/if fallout 3 will come out?

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Fallout 2 for me too.

Fallout 1 had lots of bugs (that god damn dog just keep spawning on each new screen!) and a time-limit.

Fallout Tactics was crap IMO - they were just too lazy to create a normal plot and quests, so they butchered the game and made it into a boring turn-based strategy, without much strategizing. I love turn-based gameplay myself, but even I couldn't play through that butchered shit.

8. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Fallout 2 was my favourite as well, love the advanced power armour

Fallout 1 was very good as well, however the time limit was annoying and i kept accidentally killing my npcs..

I could never get into tactics that much, the squad based combat in it was annoying.... however i thought the power armour in that game looked really cool.

9. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I just got 1&2, but I haven't played em yet. I'm wondering if they live up to the hype...

I suddenly notice there was no real point to this post. Hmm... any advice (on how to play)?

10. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

http://www.nma-fallout.com/ good site here pretty much all you need to know about fallout.

In Fallout 1 i'd suggest getting Small guns, energy weapons and melee weapons and the lockpick skill up to around 50%

Thinking about big guns? Their good but i kept running out of ammo which is not good and most of the enemies you fight are weak to lasers so get a gatling laser, sniper rifle and super sledge and you should be able to tackle anything thrown at you.

You can do the same thing in Fallout 2 and getting the gauss rifle in the small guns tag is always a good choice since its the best rifle in the game.

However Big guns and unarmed in Fallout 2 kick ass since you get the vindicator and it kills just about everything in 1 hit (however the ammo is hard to come by). If you are going to use big guns get the fast shot triat and bonus rate of fire and you can shoot your massive weapons at least 3 to 4 times a round if you use Jet.

Drugs rock espcially Jet however getting addicted is VERY painful.

The start of both these games isnt anything flash but it gets better once you go along.

11. Midknight

I'll eventually play through again. Fallout 2 was my favorite, I tended to stick to rifles or gatlings.

The only thing I didn't like about Fallout 2 was it was so easy to exploit the game if you got lucky with random encounters.

I loved the deathclaws, those things used to scare the shit out of me.

I may run a Fserve on the IRC room and serve the ISO actually if I get around to setting it up, I'm already giving our Dragonlance copies of the major trilogys and like a dozen other books

12. That_Boy

Personally I really liked the plot and playability from fallout 1 but in fallout 2 they took that plot, extended it and added a load more facets and Increased the playability, making it, I think, A much better game. Fallout tactics was good fun but not in the same league. I REALLY like having vehicles in it though and there were some nice graphics and playability features but the mission based approach didn't work for me in that universe.
    There are so many tips and tricks to fallout it would take ages to list them all here. Everyone always argues of which tag skills to take. I usually go for
    Small Guns
    Big Guns
    Sneak Or Lockpick

Good Traits are
    Skilled
    Gifted
    Fast Shot
    Bloody Mess (This is just fun)

For Fallout junkies it gets ridiculously easy to complete the game. My fastest is 37 mins. However there is always so much more to discover each time you play and there are different end videos depending on your actions in each place. There are a lot of consequences in the game so don't expect to kill a random bod in one town and not have members of the same organisation in another town kick your arse. This however works both ways and Karma in the game is really important. Take care when selecting your NPC's if you have any at all. Personally I find that they get in the way but other people find them really useful, especially if your character is non-combat. I'm going to stop talking about fallout now or I'll go on for pages.
    http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20030428