1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Atlantica Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Evan Tide, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp

A very fun strategy game I've been playing. The download is long, but the game is worth it. Check it out. There is very little grind. If anyone wants to play, join the Thebes server because that is the youngest right now. Look up Ukriel if you join in Thebes.

Description from mmorpglist.com:

Atlantica brings back classic turn-based gameplay and marries it to a deep strategic framework that encompasses combat, character/party development and city/country management. Developed and published by NDOORS.

NDOORS designed Atlantica's combat, mercenary and city/country management systems to set it apart from the rest of the MMO market.

The turn-based combat system offers players the chance to strategically plan every move of the nine characters in their group. Players can form teams of three to bring 27 controllable characters into combat. Or for simple fights, players can preset each character/mercenary's skill set and let the auto-battle system resolve the fight.

The mercenary system gives players the chance to manage multiple characters' development simultaneously. In addition to their main character, players can hire eight mercenaries each with a different class and skills. They can be obtained as an infant and raised, married to other mercenaries and even have their own children. Mercenaries' stats will decline as they age, necessitating the need to constantly update and upkeep the mercenary roster.

The city/country management system adds a layer of strategic play beyond typical party level interaction. Guilds can establish control of cities and go to war with each other. They will need to plan everything from culture, commerce and industry, even down to the placement of buildings for the maximum output. Groups of guilds can even band together to take control of countries. Controlling cities and countries allows them to obtain rare items and mercenaries.

Players take on the quest to destroy the Oriharukon energy, a powerful sensor from Atlantis that is poisoning the world. This journey will take players around the globe, including the ancient civilizations of Hanyang (Korea), Indus Valley (India and Pakistan), Mesopotamia (Iraq, Syria and Turkey) and Egypt, as well as North America and legendary locales such as the Pyramids and Angkor Wat.

2. Evran

Evran Dark Lord Grimwulf DLP Supporter

This sounds fun, once I finish my homework I'll check it out.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o.o

This seriously looks like GaiaOnline meets World of Warcraft. o.o

And the class names... seriously Lulzworthy. Hero Da Vinci? Hero Anac Su Namun? LOL

4. Evan Tide

Those aren't class names. Those are upgrade names.

5. Evan Tide

If anyone wants to play, a new patch has just been added where new mercs, skills, equips, dungeons, and main characters have been added.

6. Evan Tide

So no one wishes to play?

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tried it for a bit, download tool like 2 hours though..., I liked it alright but there were problems. Couldn't get my main (gunner) to the back etc. Then it froze in the middle of a battle. Program wouldn't close or anything. Ended up having to turn off the computer. The game never worked after that. ended up deleting it.

8. Evan Tide

Right now, the game has been going through various maintenance times because of new server and stuff. Game should be more stable in 3 hours after this next fix.