1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

FEAR 2: Project Origin

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Magus, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

So, is anyone playing this game?

I picked it up on PC, and to me it looks gorgeous. It's made me jump a few times, and the developers have become far better at interspersing the action with more frequent scary moments.

I'd play it just because of the shooting though. It's in the mould of the recent COD games, but even with the ability to use slow-mo I find the clever cover-creation mechanics and the more limited selection of highly balanced weapons to be immensely satisfying, especially in multiplayer.

So, thoughts?

2. Delirium

Delirium Fourth Year

I played and finished it within two days. The graphics look really good, and the overall gameplay is excellent. However, I started on Hard difficulty and found it overly easy. Furthermore the whole game seemed to short.
    In addition, the story sucked, badly. I know given that it is a sequel that we cant expect the same novelty that the original had but this wa just bad.

Oh and the ending wtf! The ending was just plain crap
    Dont know how to do the whole hide spoiler trick so if you want to find the ending just google it.

3. Evran

Evran Dark Lord Grimwulf DLP Supporter

This game is a couple of games down my gamefly lists, and what was the console on. PS2/xbox or PS3/360?

4. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

According to the latest patch, Hard Mode is said to be significantly harder than before.

And yeah, I bought the game the day it came out purely because it was a continuation of the F.E.A.R series. I approach my games the same way I might approach a book. You can have fantastic gameplay and awesome graphics but if the plot behind the story feels like a 9-year old wrote it, then I'll be turned off it.

I like great stories to back up my games, and I'll take mediocre gameplay if I have to. F.E.A.R had a really good story and I cannot freaking wait for F.E.A.R 2's expansion pack to continue on where FEAR 2 left off.

5. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This. I love games like Jade Empire and Sudeki, not for their gameplay, (which is awful btw) but for the immersing storyline.

That being said I couldn't hack F.E.A.R. Too much of a scaredy cat.