1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dexter: The Game

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Cyclops, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

2. Teks

Teks Third Year

The theme of the game has to be solid and not some random GTA bullcrap.
    Due to the nature of the game, I expect "moms" to make a fuss about it.

"Hey billy is that a new game? What's it about?"
    "Well, I'm a serial killer and I have to hunt my victims and leave no trace behind as I kill them"
    "oh"

Yeah.... either epic or it can miserably fail. Hard for it to fall in-between.

3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Going to be tricky as hell to pull off without getting the dreaded NC-17 rating over in Yankland. Probably just fade to black once you capture someone, instead of a torture-with-powertools minigame.

4. Don_Macas

Don_Macas First Year

I have some doubts about this game, graphics are not looking that good, the character doesn't even look like Dexter from the TV Series even though it looks as if they tried and failed expectaculary.

This kind of games that are from TV series are not usually that good, most of the buyers come from the fans and it will never become a favorite or a top game for most hardcore players out there.

the only positive that I could find in it is that the developers are working very close with Showtime in order to make it closely resemble the show, the downside of this is that even if the story is good once you finish the game it looses most of it's apeal.

If you actually like the show or are interested in the game I recomend to buy it between a couple of friends and pass it over once you finish it otherwise you may regret spending all your money on a game you probably won't play once finished.

Your right, probably one of the few pros of this game will be the blood and gore, if they take it out in order to lower the rating then they will really fuck this game

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

It's possible that this is simply the preview for the iPhone version of the game. It would explain the graphics.

6. Don_Macas

Don_Macas First Year

Well they better improve as hell because if they are similar for the ps3 or other consoles it will make for a REALLY shitty game

7. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    Slap it with NC-17 for all I care. I just want a good Dexter game. If that means I'll have to torture a criminal that is stripped naked and tied to table with plastic wrap, well I'll take that sacrifice.