PDA

View Full Version : Couples I love

Midknight
06-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Offshoot of Couples I hate.

All hetro.

Harry/fem Blaise - someone to match him, and keep him in check, without that annoying as hell Ginny-syndrome where he's constantly *****-whipped and being smacked, or hexed with that stupid bat bogey hex.... bah see the pet peeve thread, lol

Harry/Bellatrix - Most of these I see, she suddenly and unexplainably goes soft... this kills the character. Harry may as well be getting it on with Andromeda if Bella is going to go soft. I need Bella pairings where she's still evil!

Vampire Harry/ OOC Vampire as long as it's reasonable

Harry/Fleur - provided it's not mushy, she's alittle corrupted, and they don't write her accent 'ecauz tit is anoing to 'ead 'er dio'lug like dis! (because it is annoying to read her dialogue like this.)

Theres more, but I'll leave it to others.

And my all time favorite pairing IS!!!

Drumroll please!

Ron/Avada curse. They were made for each other.

Anonymous
06-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Harry/Blaise(fem) - Damn straight - is better for Harry than that pshyco red head Ginny Weasley.

Harry/Bellatrix - Yes they do make her go all soft. Harry has to be Dark to have this girl or at the very least, Dark but lightsided.

Harry/Fleur - Dont over do the French and it can be very good.

Ron/Avada - YES! YES YES YES YES!

Harry/Hermione - I dont mind this too much but it does get very old very quickly.

Harry/Tonks - Well writen Harry/Tonks are some of the best!

As for your vampire Harry one, there is a fic on FF.Net called Shake Me by RoxieSnape. Harry isnt a vampire (but he is a baddass) but he gets with a half-vampire chick. It's not bad in my books.

Midknight
06-07-2005, 11:17 PM
I've glanced over Shake me, can't remember a vamp, but I may have either looked it over, or it may of been updated in the time since I last checked it.

ghst.san
06-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Harry / OC -- Something new allways good (espacially when OC dies later and Harry goes rampage :twisted: )

Harry / Blaise

Thats basicly it.... I am sick of Harry / Ginny and Harry / Hermione

Dark Syaoran
06-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Its complete now Mid and she's started on a sequal. He ends up with the half-vamp babe but its Harry/Many for most of the early chapters. Harry also gets a kid about half-way into the story and the sequal is three years later and he has another two kids.

The first ones from some muggle cow and the other two are from the half-vamp. Its alright i suppose.

nightangel960
06-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Harry/Blaise- all the way
Harry/Susan
Harry/Padma

basically I like Haryy with anyone but Ginny and Hermione

Zevrillion
06-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Donít forget Harry/Pansy. I think they make a really interesting couple.

nightangel960
06-08-2005, 11:24 AM
but of course. I can never forget White Knight Grey Queen

Narf
06-08-2005, 02:57 PM
I like:

Harry/fem!Blaise

Harry/Cho

Harry/Luna

Although, if the story's good, I will read the "normal" pairings, i.e. Harry/Hermione or Harry/Ginny

Antivash
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
IF its incredibly well written, id read harry/herm.. i wont read ginny/harry even if its the absolute best thing written even in the history of man and i got 5 billion dollars for it.. or well.. maybe for 5 billion but yeah..

but as for the ones i like..

Evil!Harry/Bella... very good in my twisted mind..

a decently written innocent/turned!bella/harry .. can be good..

Tonks/Harry .. ish just my favorite (if no one has already figured out my obsession with this pairing >__>) .. they just seem to be able to click in my mind..

Narcissa/Harry .. my ideal fic here would be a darker harry making our dear cissa his bitch/sex slave/whore..

Fem!Blaise/Harry or Slythgirl/harry.. fem blaise is cool.. or daphne greengrass or tracey davis.. they all have potential

Anonymous
06-09-2005, 04:00 PM
my favorite ship? he's sixteen why the hell does he need a ship so i like h/many, harry/susan, harry/fleur, harry/katie, harry/blaise (female). I absolutely hate h/hr, h/slash, h/g, h/l, h/narcissa, h/bell (except earl of the north) or anything else that is to common.

LT2000
06-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Well, here be mine, and be warned...I'll probably get a bit long-winded here.

- Harry/Cho

Easily my favorite pairing, so I might as well list it first. Of course, there are the usual reasons for my liking her with Harry, those being that she's extremely hot, his first crush, Chinese, and all that. However, I think the biggest reason I like her is that she really is just a normal girl. She doesn't have Hermione's book smarts and bossiness, or Ginny's temper, or Luna's general strangeness, or Parvati's airheadedness, or anything else of the sort. A lot of people dislike Cho because she's emotional and supposedly cried too much over Cedric in the fifth book. I challenge those people to find any actual teenage girl that wouldn't be every bit as distraught over her first love being murdered in cold blood. Cho seems to be the character most like a girl you'd casually find on the street, and I appreciate her for that.

- Harry/Fleur

Beautiful foreign part-veela sex kitten with a hot French accent and the ability to make Ron insanely jealous. Naturally a perfect partner for Harry. I love this one when it's done properly, which is sadly not very often. Most authors either completely butcher her accent or just ignore it altogether, both of which I find unacceptable. It destroys the "Frenchness" that is essentially what attracts me to her character to begin with. Authors also completely ignore the supposed flaws in her character, her flighty personality and somewhat haughty attitude, which completely ruins her. Frankly, Litany of Blood is the only fic that I've ever read that has nailed down Fleur's character well enough to satisfy me. And sadly, that story is most likely going to end up as a Harry/Blaise. As a sort of addendum, Harry/Gabrielle works for me also, provided that the author can overcome the huge age difference between them. I had originally toyed with the idea of putting a tryst between the two in Prince of Darkness, but decided that even Harry wasnít sexually depraved enough to screw a girl that young, regardless of her veela blood.

- Harry/Bellatrix

I like this pairing, but I've not really ever seen a story that's had it written very well. They all have crappy excuses for making Bella sane or redeeming her somehow, whether it be some lame rationale about her having been under Imperius or just not having meant to kill Sirius. This pairing really only works with a more evil Harry, where Bella can remain the attractively psychotic bitch that she is and still be with him. I'm going to write a fic where Harry joins up with Voldemort one of these days and put these two together. They can bond over cutting Ronís intestines out with a dull knife or something.

- Harry/Fem!OC

I honestly rarely like this genre of pairing, but I absolutely love them when the girl is done well. I can only think of three original females that I've liked paired with Harry. The best Iíve seen is Rayne from Ri-kun's fic called Harry Potter and the Daughter of Darkness (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2042863/1/) at fanfiction.net. Excellent story, by the way. I highly recommend it, though Harry comes across as a slight bit of a pansy so far and is always getting bailed out of trouble by his girl. But yeah...hot Japanese part-vampire ninja chick. Whatís not to love? And speaking of kunoichi, Iím naturally partial to my own created character in Prince of Darkness. That female phoenix in some chapter for a story that Master Eldryn wrote also had some promise (I think the fic was some Harry/Narcissa started by thesteffis) but itís gone now.

...There are other pairings that I like, but these are really my four favorites.

Goddessofboredom
06-12-2005, 02:36 PM
the pairing i love the most is James and Lily. i just love stories concering them, espically blah by thusispeak

BlackPhoenix
06-12-2005, 06:20 PM
HP/BL(B)= One of my three most favorites but as Midknight as said its usually really rushed and when ever I finally get my answer to his challenge out I'll try to prevent this but why would he forgive and fall in love with a psycho who killed the most important person even if she did only cast a stunner. I perfer it when Harry is dark but if the writing of her redemtion/sanity is well done I don't mind that either.. oh as long as they deal with the 30 something-teenager age difference well ( AKA Earl of the North rushed the relationship as if it were feeling Satan himself but I feel they delt with the age difference well)

HP/NT= Another of my three most favorites. I mean there both sort of excluded and look down for traits they have ( Tonks Clumsyness and Harrys scar, visions, words, and so on and so forth)Out of my three top favorites they are also the closest in age

HP/NM(B)= Ah yes Harry/Narcissa the last of my three most favorite pairings in the Harry Potter Fandom. The Ice Queen Pureblood Aristrocat and the equal treatment for all abused necklected Golden boy tough to match up when its written well

Harry/fleur= While not in my top three I still like this pairing. Unfortionitely some stories I've read have her as an air-headed frenchie bimbo with her brain in her crotch. As Lord Serapheth said she has the power to make Ron jealous ( always a good thing) and her accent is a problem. Now i dpon't like the french I am pro-seperatist and like the french french better than the french-canadians but still her accent and french heritage is an important part of her character and must be written properly

Harry/Cho= Now contrary to some people on this board I like Harry/Cho it was my favorite pairing before OoP came out and shes turned in to a crying bitch well she does have a reason most over do that aspect of her. I like her still but like most of my favorite pairings is rarely written well when she and harry and written at all

Harry/ Fem Blaise: Now at the moment I can't really find much to say on thetopic other than she is the only harry/ non-graduated slytherin girl pairing that works
oh and I aslo like Harry/Harem and multi-pairings

Midknight
06-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Harry/Cho= Now contrary to some people on this board I like Harry/Cho it was my favorite pairing before OoP came out and shes turned in to a crying bitch well she does have a reason most over do that aspect of her. I like her still but like most of my favorite pairings is rarely written well when she and harry and written at all

Yeah I gotta agree with you, I liked Cho up until book 5.

I'm sorry but at 13-15 (however the hell old she and cho are, too lazy to look up atm) theres no way in HELL there was a relationship that deep that she'd be whining over it a year later.

At that age I was going though a few girlfriends a month, and didn't give one flying fig what happened to a great majority of them. I just couldn't buy Cho being so far up Ced's arse that she's still grieving over a guy who prolly hadn't done anything more then slightly KISS her yet.

Now if they were in their middle 20's, and been dating years, and had actually played hide the broomstick, then yeah I could see. But at that age you've got no true idea wtf emotions are, everything is influenced by your crotch/horomones.

BlackPhoenix
06-12-2005, 11:36 PM
well letr mesee he was 17 Harry was 14 and shes a year old then harrty so she was 15. Anyway yes I see your point and agree with you that way over does it but you have too admit you'd be a bit shell shocked and maybe a sob a couple times if one of those girl friends was killed by an mass murder you would kill any one who went after him and had plenty of henchmen

Midknight
06-13-2005, 12:45 AM
well letr mesee he was 17 Harry was 14 and shes a year old then harrty so she was 15. Anyway yes I see your point and agree with you that way over does it but you have too admit you'd be a bit shell shocked and maybe a sob a couple times if one of those girl friends was killed by an mass murder you would kill any one who went after him and had plenty of henchmen

Thats right Ced was of age, forgot about that.

Naw, can't say I'd kill anyone over a school crush, no matter what, lol. If anything it'd make me crap my pants and stay far away from DE's. Cry some, yeah def, but not a year later.

The way the whole world is so overdramatized it boarders on sickening. I really do hope we get a good explanation in canon why the hell there's constant attacks in a school that's supposed to be one of the safest places ever.

Treck
06-23-2005, 07:37 PM

Drumroll please!

I'm sorry but Ron is a pureblood and part of the work contract that Arthor signed to work at the Ministry was an arrainged marriage to Umbridge.

Ron + Dolores = A match made in hell.

IndoGhost
06-24-2005, 12:03 AM

Drumroll please!

I'm sorry but Ron is a pureblood and part of the work contract that Arthor signed to work at the Ministry was an arrainged marriage to Umbridge.

Ron + Dolores = A match made in hell.
oohh i wanna read a fic where umbridge does make him her b**ch.......umm second though i dont want nightmares

Lord_Slytherin
06-24-2005, 08:17 AM
holy fuck, Ron + Umbridge could actually work - I can just see him being her bitch :)

As for my favorite pairings:

Harry/Cho

Harry/Patels

Harry/Blaise. . . before she became a boy.

Or pretty much anything else that has well written sex scenes or characters. I don't mind Harry/Hermione as long as the author doesn't make her annoying, which is admittedly quite rare, but despise Harry/Ginny in any form.

I probably would like Harry/Bellatrix or other black family variations, but have yet to see an author do it convincingly. Also, the Harry/Bella/Narcissa/Tonks fics are becoming a bit too cliched for my liking.

Midknight
06-24-2005, 04:19 PM
damnit, Ron + umbridge would of been sweet to write as his punishment, lol

I've no desire to rewrite 10,000 words leading up to his imprisonment however, lol otherwise I'd use it.

Dark Syaoran
06-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Harry gets a blood quill in detention... Ron gets raped in detention... sounds good to me.

Midknight
06-25-2005, 12:05 AM
"I must not be a idiot"

etched into his.. well use your imagination.

Treck
06-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Harry gets a blood quill in detention... Ron gets raped in detention... sounds good to me.

Umm This is Ron you are talking about. you can't rape the willing. :roll:

Dark Syaoran
06-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Sorry about that tiny mistake. He rapes Unbridge? Unless she is willing too... then thats just something made in horror movies.

Antivash
06-25-2005, 12:40 PM
shed have to be willing.... she aint getting it anywhere else.. cept maybe the centaurs and fudge.. though.. well... she might now have been so willing for the centaurs....

hey! there is an idea! Umbridge and fudge gang raped by the centaurs!.. fun for the whole family!

Dark Syaoran
06-26-2005, 12:30 AM
I bet Fudge and her are lovers. She would suck his toes if he said it would further the Ministry. It's kinda like the White House thing with Bill Clinton... ROFL!

shadowhunter
06-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Harry/Bella- guh....*wipes drool* Probably one of my most favorite ships. I'm actually starting a story on them right now and hope to have it up soon.
I just like the idea Bella being the older woman and teaching Harry the darker way of things.

Harry/fem!Blaise- 2nd most favorite ship. I just like them. No explanation for it.

Harry/Patil twins- Though I have yet to see a story with Harry and the both of them together, I just like Parvati (especially in Parvati Prevails) and Padma (jeconais' Object Trilogy).

Harry/Cho- was one of my first shippings and always will be on my list of favorite ships.

Ron/Avada Kedavra- has recently become a favorite of mine. I mean, red and green go well, don't you think?

Dark Syaoran
06-26-2005, 01:53 AM
lol @ Red and Green go well together. So bloody true.

Parvati Prevails... havnt read that.

shadowhunter
06-26-2005, 02:00 AM

'Tis on Fictionalley. It's HILARIOUS! :lol:

Dark Syaoran
06-26-2005, 02:02 AM
Is it Harry/parvati? I woudlnt mind reading it if it is.

shadowhunter
06-26-2005, 02:06 AM
Yup. Though it starts out as Parvati/Draco. >.<

parselmaster
06-26-2005, 05:59 AM
My favorite pairings are
Ron/Avada Kedavra
Evil!Dark!Harry/belletrix
Dark!hary/slyth!girl
Dark!/Nymphadora Tonks

And one nightmare I hope never gets in my head again
Dumbridge/snape/Dumbles

though if you add a dementor it kills 3 birds, well actually, toad, bat and hybrid goat-bee but hey, whos checking.

Treck
06-26-2005, 11:44 AM

'Tis on Fictionalley. It's HILARIOUS! :lol:

Linkage please :)

Lord_Slytherin
06-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Linkage please

http://www.astronomytower.org/authors/a_linz/PP01.html

It's actually more Draco/Parvati than Harry/Parvati. . . but still, it has it's moments.

Dark Syaoran
06-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Bah, Draco is a fag.

Treck
06-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Bah, Draco is a fag. Ahh yes. Snapes love interest. :shock:

Antivash
06-27-2005, 05:34 PM
.. the power snivellus knows not proved that i think...

but yeah.. draco ish a mommas boy bitch like dudley... i wonder why everone is soo intent or orally serving the little ferret faggot

Anonymous
07-07-2005, 12:49 AM
I used to think that Harry would get together with Ginny, but something about that didn't seem right. So, I went back and read each book about five times each (again) and found so many indiscrepencies within the books that prove to myself (and anyone whose actually reading the series with a fine tooth comb, a sharp eye, and an intelligent mind will see) that Harry will never get together with Ginny. In fact, JKR is pointing more towards a Harry/Hermione relationship than anything else, you just have to look a little more beyond the obvious red-herrings and into the symbolism.

Really, any person, who's actually looking and reading closely, can see that it's going to be Harry and Hermione that get together, not Ron and Hermione, with Harry and Ginny. Ron's far too immature for 'Mione, and Ginny isn't enough of an involved character with Harry. Also, if you have read OOTP, then you would have realized that Ginny puts a life-threatening situation on the same level of a dare. If she cares that little for Harry, then we are never going to see her have a relationship with him. Hermione, on the other hand, is so involved with Harry (and always prefers to spend time with Harry instead of Ron) as well as worries about him all the time, and puts Harry first in any dangerous situation (and any other occasion), will be the most likely to end up with Harry, if he lives past book seven. So please, as you have already started to turn a fic towards a Harry/Hermione relationship, please keep it that way, as it should always be.

To all of you people out there who keep saying that they like HARRY and female-Blaise ships, let me point out to you that JKR SPECIFICALLY STATES ON HER WEBSITE THAT BLAISE ZABINI IS A MALE! (And to watch for HIM in the upcoming books!)

Really, you can't go changing people's genders from what JKR made them, simply because you're more comfortable with minor characters being the way you like them, rather than the way they were made (because you've read FAR too much fanfiction)!

She also states that Neville and Luna will not be getting together.

You all really should visit www.jkrowling.com

Harry should be darkly neutral, I think he's much cooler (or hotter, or sexier depending on your point of view and the words you like to use) that way. He and Hermione should almost always be in the same house.

Not too sure on where I stand with slash. I guess as long as it's not Harry slash, or Hermione femmeslash, I'm probably okay with it. I hate stories that have any character changed into a girl or boy, instead of being their original sex/gender as JKR made them, just so some authors can get around the fact that they don't like slash, but still want a boy with a boy or a girl with a girl. Just slash it, and the rest of us will read it if we feel like it, and if we don't, we won't!

Ships I adore:
Harry James Potter & Hermione Jane Granger;
Marcus Flint & Katie Bell;
Blaise Zabini & Hannah Abbot;
Neville (Frank?) Longbottom & Ginevra Molly Weasley;
Ronald Bilius Weasley & Luna Lovegood;
William Weasley & Fleur Delacour;
Charles Weasley & Other Character(not sure yet, the one I love making up is Titania Arielle Lestrange);
Fred Weasley & Angelina Johnson;
George Weasley & Alicia Spinnet;
Oliver Wood & Cho Chang;
Severus Snape & Professor Sinistra, the Astronomy witch (I've always called her Lydia for some strange reason, as well as a Ravenclaw);
Remus John Lupin & Nymphadora Tonks;
Lucius Malfoy & Narcissa (Black) Malfoy;
Draco (Lucius?) Malfoy & Avada Kedavra
and the occasional Neville (Frank?) Longbottom & Pansy Parkinson, and Theodore Nott & Ginevra Molly Weasley

Animagus forms I like:
Black Panther, Ocelot, Black Siberian Tiger with white stripes (could be a magical large cat), Snow Leopard, Lynx, Gray/Black Wolf, Dark Pegasus (aka Nightmare, they have large dragon-like wings and a silver horn. Their coats are black, with red fire forming their manes and tails, and flaming sparks coming out of their hooves.), Thestal, and Phoenix (Black with Silver for Males, White with Gold for Females).

Midknight
07-07-2005, 01:30 AM
I used to think that Harry would get together with Ginny, but something about that didn't seem right. So, I went back and read each book about five times each (again) and found so many indiscrepencies within the books that prove to myself (and anyone whose actually reading the series with a fine tooth comb, a sharp eye, and an intelligent mind will see) that Harry will never get together with Ginny. In fact, JKR is pointing more towards a Harry/Hermione relationship than anything else, you just have to look a little more beyond the obvious red-herrings and into the symbolism.

Really, any person, who's actually looking and reading closely, can see that it's going to be Harry and Hermione that get together, not Ron and Hermione, with Harry and Ginny. Ron's far too immature for 'Mione, and Ginny isn't enough of an involved character with Harry. Also, if you have read OOTP, then you would have realized that Ginny puts a life-threatening situation on the same level of a dare. If she cares that little for Harry, then we are never going to see her have a relationship with him. Hermione, on the other hand, is so involved with Harry (and always prefers to spend time with Harry instead of Ron) as well as worries about him all the time, and puts Harry first in any dangerous situation (and any other occasion), will be the most likely to end up with Harry, if he lives past book seven. So please, as you have already started to turn a fic towards a Harry/Hermione relationship, please keep it that way, as it should always be.

To all of you people out there who keep saying that they like HARRY and female-Blaise ships, let me point out to you that JKR SPECIFICALLY STATES ON HER WEBSITE THAT BLAISE ZABINI IS A MALE! (And to watch for HIM in the upcoming books!)

Really, you can't go changing people's genders from what JKR made them, simply because you're more comfortable with minor characters being the way you like them, rather than the way they were made (because you've read FAR too much fanfiction)!

She also states that Neville and Luna will not be getting together.

You all really should visit www.jkrowling.com

Bah!

If you've actually watched the pitiful excuse for a third movie, which JKR herself has said gives away alot of what she's going to do with the characters personal lives in book 6 and 7, you'd see it is Hermione and Ron who keep having those "touchy" moments NOT Harry and Hermione.

Almost every shot that contains Harry is either him + everyone, or just him. Hermione shots are almost always, with the exception of the last few minutes when they use the time turner, Hermy+Ron.

And ppl write Blaise as a female, because there is alack of useful females in canon. Luna is a nut, Ginny and Hermy both suck balls, Cho is a crybaby, and the other Grif girls are brainless gossips.

Daphne and Blaise were all that was left really that hadnt been touched on.

I like Susan Bones, but everyone writes her as a stupid person who's only useful b/c of her aunt.

Anonymous
07-07-2005, 01:46 AM
Movies like to take much artistic license for many things. Once an author signs over their books to be made into movies, they quite often, don't get much say in what happens with the movies. JKR's situation is quite obviously different, but that's to be expected as she's writing an on-going septology, and needs to give input for plot points. BUT, both she and the screen-writer, directer, and producer admit to JKR not telling them more than she feels they need to know. So the people working on the movies must take it as they see it, and most often, they don't look beyond the obvious, as that's most often what they just need to present: The Obvious.

There's no need to be insulting, or purposefully rude, as I was just stating both my own opinion (as you have done many times), as well as some much needed facts to a few people who've read too much fanfiction (and therefore decide to take liberties they shouldn't), and consider the movies before the books, and like the movie people, don't look much further than the obvious.

In just a few more days we will all see who is right, and who isn't, but as to the pairings you like Midknight, JKR says herself (on her website) that if the characters you are looking forward to include Voldemort, ANY Death Eater, Dudley, Most Slytherins, etc, then, according to JKR, you really need to look at your priorities in life and re-think them. Have fun with that!

Always the best,
Sempra

Midknight
07-07-2005, 04:03 AM
Movies like to take much artistic license for many things. Once an author signs over their books to be made into movies, they quite often, don't get much say in what happens with the movies. JKR's situation is quite obviously different, but that's to be expected as she's writing an on-going septology, and needs to give input for plot points. BUT, both she and the screen-writer, directer, and producer admit to JKR not telling them more than she feels they need to know. So the people working on the movies must take it as they see it, and most often, they don't look beyond the obvious, as that's most often what they just need to present: The Obvious.

There's no need to be insulting, or purposefully rude, as I was just stating both my own opinion (as you have done many times), as well as some much needed facts to a few people who've read too much fanfiction (and therefore decide to take liberties they shouldn't), and consider the movies before the books, and like the movie people, don't look much further than the obvious.

In just a few more days we will all see who is right, and who isn't, but as to the pairings you like Midknight, JKR says herself (on her website) that if the characters you are looking forward to include Voldemort, ANY Death Eater, Dudley, Most Slytherins, etc, then, according to JKR, you really need to look at your priorities in life and re-think them. Have fun with that!

Always the best,
Sempra

*shrug* wasn't meant to come off rude. As for the "artistic" bit I agree with, the directors have changed alot, but she herself specifically said the director of PoA including alot of
"personal" interactions that directly match things she's going to do later.

Besides if i was trying top be rude on purpose I'd of bashed the Ron/Luna bit, you know the only good match for him is a hungry Fluffy!

Anonymous
07-07-2005, 12:06 PM
What I really didn't like about the third movie is the director adding in scenes like the [akward] Ron and Hermione at the Shrieking Shack. That was never in the book. And when Buckbeak was 'beheaded' with Hermione crying on Ron's shoulder with Harry behind them, In the book it was Hermione turning to Harry to cry on His Shoulder with Ron standing behind them. AGHH! I REALLY didn't like this director!

And it was an interview for the second movie where she said that about the personal 'touchy' stuff. (Just to let you know.)

I really don't get what it is about Hermione that most everyone doesn't like! And neither does JKR, she says so in an interview:

The character of Hermione is Rowling as a young girl: hard working, bookish, a worrywort. Rowling says she was painfully swotty, with NHS spectacles and short, short hair. She claims that she loosened up a bit later on but I'm not so sure about this. At times during the interview she is nothing short of earnest, especially about her work. She defends Hermione pretty fiercely, too. "My American editor says that I am mean to her because she is me. But I don't think that I am mean to her. I love her dearly."

But, I say, Hermione tries so damn hard. In {Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban }, for instance, she looks into the mirror that reflects what you fear most and sees a teacher telling her she failed all her exams. "I understand where that is coming from. It comes from believing yourself to be plain and feeling yourself to be no good at anything else so you've got to achieve something. I completely understand Hermione and I really love her and I don't want to depict her as a feisty little ..."

She breaks off and then starts to mutter. "It irritates me. It irritates me. What irritates me is that I am constantly, increasingly, being asked 'Can we have a strong female character, please?' Like they are ordering a side order of chips. I am thinking 'Isn't Hermione strong enough for you?' She is the most brilliant of the three and they need her. Harry needs her badly.

"But my hero is a boy and at the age he has been girls simply do not figure that much. Increasingly, they do. But, at 11, I think it would be extremely contrived to throw in a couple of feisty, gorgeous, brilliant-at-maths and great-at-fixing-cars girls."

This is the kind of speech that makes you want to clap and, really, I don't think that Rowling was talking to me, per se, here. So has there been pressure from the film people to change the characters? Make them more American? Make them, well, just a bit feisty?

"At the moment, in all honesty, they don't. Maybe they did in the beginning but then they saw the popularity of the books as they are. At the moment they are giving me a huge amount of influence. It will be filmed in Britain, with an all-British cast."

The interview was done in 2000; a little before the first movie I think. Since then, as you can see from the third movie, they haven't been giving her as much influence over them as she'd like. Only for MAJOR plot points.

Midknight
07-07-2005, 02:57 PM
What I really didn't like about the third movie is the director adding in scenes like the [akward] Ron and Hermione at the Shrieking Shack. That was never in the book. And when Buckbeak was 'beheaded' with Hermione crying on Ron's shoulder with Harry behind them, In the book it was Hermione turning to Harry to cry on His Shoulder with Ron standing behind them. AGHH! I REALLY didn't like this director!

And it was an interview for the second movie where she said that about the personal 'touchy' stuff. (Just to let you know.)

I really don't get what it is about Hermione that most everyone doesn't like! And neither does JKR, she says so in an interview:

The character of Hermione is Rowling as a young girl: hard working, bookish, a worrywort. Rowling says she was painfully swotty, with NHS spectacles and short, short hair. She claims that she loosened up a bit later on but I'm not so sure about this. At times during the interview she is nothing short of earnest, especially about her work. She defends Hermione pretty fiercely, too. "My American editor says that I am mean to her because she is me. But I don't think that I am mean to her. I love her dearly."

But, I say, Hermione tries so damn hard. In {Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban }, for instance, she looks into the mirror that reflects what you fear most and sees a teacher telling her she failed all her exams. "I understand where that is coming from. It comes from believing yourself to be plain and feeling yourself to be no good at anything else so you've got to achieve something. I completely understand Hermione and I really love her and I don't want to depict her as a feisty little ..."

She breaks off and then starts to mutter. "It irritates me. It irritates me. What irritates me is that I am constantly, increasingly, being asked 'Can we have a strong female character, please?' Like they are ordering a side order of chips. I am thinking 'Isn't Hermione strong enough for you?' She is the most brilliant of the three and they need her. Harry needs her badly.

"But my hero is a boy and at the age he has been girls simply do not figure that much. Increasingly, they do. But, at 11, I think it would be extremely contrived to throw in a couple of feisty, gorgeous, brilliant-at-maths and great-at-fixing-cars girls."

This is the kind of speech that makes you want to clap and, really, I don't think that Rowling was talking to me, per se, here. So has there been pressure from the film people to change the characters? Make them more American? Make them, well, just a bit feisty?

"At the moment, in all honesty, they don't. Maybe they did in the beginning but then they saw the popularity of the books as they are. At the moment they are giving me a huge amount of influence. It will be filmed in Britain, with an all-British cast."

The interview was done in 2000; a little before the first movie I think. Since then, as you can see from the third movie, they haven't been giving her as much influence over them as she'd like. Only for MAJOR plot points.

-Nada, one of the interviews she gave that I'm talking about was for PoA JK Rowling: Alfonso had very good intuition about what would and wouldn't work. He's put things in the film that, without knowing it, foreshadow things that are going to happen in the final two books. So I really got goosebumps when I saw a couple of those things. People are going to look back on the film and think those were put in deliberately as clues.

www.veritaserum.com/movies/ movie3/dvd/interviews/rowling-cuaron.shtml

There may of been one for CoS, that I know nothing about that one, but for PoA she made multiple interviews that stated what I said in one way or anything. I wanna say Lexicon had them all at one point in time or another.

As for the other comments about the 3rd movie, I made a thread awhile back about the 3rd movie, and we all pointed out the glaring errors and absolute BS that it was, check out that post, I think we found the most errors out of anyone short of Lexicon, lol.

I can't stand Hermy b/c she is that annoying know it all overachiever that is constantly only following what she reads as law, not opened minded, and in general a hinderance. Yeah she's helped Harry out multiple times, but only because JKR keeps switching back and forth between Harry being Heroic and bloody, mind numbingly stupid.

Anonymous
07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
I can identify best with Hermione because of the way she 'acts' in the books. (They tone it down for the movies.) I speak from personal experience.
Have you ever noticed that Ron almost always wants Hermione to 'help' him with his homework? (Harry can do fine by himself) She's being used by him, though she protests at first, she always gives in, because she wants to keep what few friends she has. (This is probably one of the reasons Hermione would rather stick by Harry than Ron, is because Harry doesn't do that.) JKR says that the reason she's kept Hermione like this is so whenever she needs to tell a particularly important piece of information, she can use either Hermione or Dumbledore. (Dumbles because he's himself, and Hermione because you'll assume she's probably read it somewhere.) Hermione has gradually lightened up, but her worry for Harry and his welfare keep negating this to some effect. JKR says that in book six you will get a noticable change of Hermione lightening up, so don't worry. As for her taking everything she reads as law: well, considering how much my own attitude from my life experiences parallels Hermione's, then it's most-likely because she's insecure, and this is the way she's trying to prove herself. As for her not being open-minded, well, she's getting there. She has been slowly, but surely. After all, look at her mission for equality for the house elves; granted she's not going about it the right way, but her heart is in the right place.

I was homeschooled from grades three through seven, skipped eighth, and then went straight into a catholic high-school (though I'm not catholic). The last experience I'd had with people my own age was in second grade. The kids who did go to school, came by our house at least once a week (while walking home) and called me a freak for not going to school. So when starting at high-school, I wanted to prove to people that I wasn't a freak, that I wasn't different, so I did exactly what Hermione is doing. And I was the one that everyone came to for help, but no one wanted to really be around. I'm now in my third year of college, and still trying to 'lighten up'. It doesn't help that in my 1st year of college I was 'attacked' (so to speak) and became suicidal for a few months until I finally had the courage to seek help, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Midknight
07-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Very valid, good points.

Anonymous
07-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Thank you! I feel validated!

What's your yahoo instant messanger name/address (if you have one). It's fun to debate with you. (Hey, cool, I have an internet friend!)

I don't read much fanfiction, I prefer to beta (it helps because I'm going to minor in English), but I found a really good one! You'd probably like it (no ships; yet): it's an AU by writing-phoenix, her first language isn't English so there are a few mistakes, but not many, and it's the only fic on her profile at fanfiction.net. I like, but that probably doesn't say much for you, as we have some very differing opinions (at least concerning characters in Harry Potter).

Lord Ravenclaw
07-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Just a bit of a side note...we all know that Blaise Zabini is indeed male, but Blaise is such an underused character (not to mention the very name inspires the vision of a black haired Slytherin) that as a female, she can be such a more interesting (and in my opinion, good match) for Harry.

IndoGhost
07-08-2005, 12:57 PM
any good looking Slytherin girl would be a good match for harry

Dark Syaoran
07-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Indeed. But Blaise is the best match even thou alot of people keep moaning about...

"But Blaise is a male!"

They are so annoying. Get the eff over it and accept that alot of people like Blaise with tits. :P

Silke
07-09-2005, 05:58 AM
What about Tracey Davis, male or female?
Millicent Bulstrode, Male or Female?

Get the eff over it and accept that alot of people like Blaise with tits.

Agreed! :D

Lord_Slytherin
07-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Having female Blaise isn't really a problem for me. However if male Blaise suddenly starts to play a large role in Canon (I think Rowling has said that we'll see him, but I may be mistaken), then my enthusiasm for 'Blaise with boobs' may be somewhat dampened.

Midknight
07-10-2005, 12:07 AM
What about Tracey Davis, male or female?
Millicent Bulstrode, Male or Female?

Millicent Bulstrode is in Harry's year and reminds him of a picture he saw in Holidays with Hags. She was a member of the Inquisitorial Squad during Harry's fifth year[HP5].

In her second year, Hermione attempts to assume Millicent's appearance using the Polyjuice Potion[HP2]. However, she accidentally takes the appearance of Millicent's cat.

Hermione also dueled Millicent in the Dueling Club earlier in the year during which Millicent attacked Hermione physically rather than using magic. It was during this duel that Hermione accidentally took a cat's hair rather than Millicent's off of her robes.
Source: Lexicon and Answers.com

Davis, Tracey (witch) (1991-1998) Source: Lexicon and Harry Potter and Me BBC Special w/ JKR.

Not really any info on Davis that I could find canon wise. She and Daphne are still an open book.

Dark Syaoran
07-10-2005, 03:38 AM
I dont care if Blaise(male) becomes big in cannon, Blaise is female in my books.

Midknight
07-10-2005, 01:09 PM
I dont care if Blaise(male) becomes big in cannon, Blaise is female in my books.

Same, I can deal with a no name character getting a sex swap a hell of a lot easier then I can deal with a shemale Ginny (I've seen this sadly) or "Harriet Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"

Allowaycar
07-10-2005, 03:36 PM
I've avoided this topic because I like a well done Harry/Hermione (STOP THROWING THINGS AT ME!!)

I know that isn't a popular ship on this site, but I think if all the characters are kept 'in character' then she is the biggest option. Hermione loves to follow the rules, she has respect for authority, etc. But how many rules has she broken trying to help Harry out? And how many following Harry's lead?

Now as for the female Blaise thing, I don't have a problem with it. I think its pretty shitty of Rowling to have characters mentioned in the book but we don't even know the gender. If she puts the name she needs to put the gender at least. Now if the name was Bob then it wouldn't matter, but Blaise? A little more info would be nice.

Now please no one hate me for saying Harry/Hermione. I also love Harry/Bella, Harry/Narcissa, Harry/Tonks, Harry/Fluer, hell Harry/Anyone except Ginny. I hate Ginny.

Another ship I really like is Ron/A sword held by Harry.

Same, I can deal with a no name character getting a sex swap a hell of a lot easier then I can deal with a shemale Ginny (I've seen this sadly) or "Harriet Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"

Ahh man, that is not cool. Ewww......

Lord Ravenclaw
07-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Another ship I really like is Ron/A sword held by Harry.

Damnit man, its Ron/Avada Kedavra, not a sword! *throws a hollow brick*

Allowaycar
07-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Damnit man, its Ron/Avada Kedavra, not a sword! *throws a hollow brick*

Don't 'damnit man' me Lord Ravenclaw! Damn you Lord Ravenclaw for wanting Ron to get off so easy. Avada Kedavra is a quick and painless death by all accounts. But with a sword Harry can take his time, pick his spots and really enjoy having a more hands on approach.

I especially love the idea of a blade being slipped between Ron's ribs, ripping his lung up. That way when he goes to scream the air leaves his lung and causes it to collapse. Tons of pain. He'll die slowly and in incredible pain. :twisted:

Dark Syaoran
07-11-2005, 01:59 AM
I like a well done Harry/Hermione too. I just dont like it when suddenly she is some sex goddess.

Midknight
07-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I like a well done Harry/Hermione too. I just dont like it when suddenly she is some sex goddess.

I could buy the sudden sex goddess thing honestly. Well in a way. Not "she's good at school but naughty at home"

What I mean is think of how a average plain girl often looks in 7th grade, compared to late 8th grade or start of 9th.

I've seen some plain Jane nerdy girls turn into drop dead "I'll sell my soul to sleep with you" women.

Hermione however, to me... will always been incredibly irritating.

Then again maybe the reason I hate her is b/c she's nothing but a half assed written plot device.

Antivash
07-11-2005, 08:57 PM
... >__> even IF hermy turns into one of those soul selling babes... duct tape her mouth closed.. shag her... then leave... but aint no one but thew idiot weasly gonna stick around for her..

IndoGhost
07-25-2005, 08:10 PM
i like :
HP/BL: how can you not like it...
HP/NM: classy, sexy...works for me
HP/NT: think about all the fun you can have with tonks...and it works anyway
HP/LL:God i hope this is what happens in book 7
that pretty much all i'm willing to read now other then
ron/AK
ron/painfull death
herminoe/ginny (just for rons reaction...then all three can die)
hermione/AK
hermione/painfull death
ginny/AK
ginny/painfull death

Dark Syaoran
07-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Ginny/Steel Spike

Midknight
07-26-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm still trying to find Harry/Narc. fics, if anyone has some good ones, plz post em in the sections or link em here

IndoGhost
07-26-2005, 12:13 AM
hp/nm alone with out say BL or NT is hard to find

Midknight
07-26-2005, 12:17 AM
hp/nm alone with out say BL or NT is hard to find

don't matter to me if theyre in there or not =)

Trying atm to use the absolute piece of dog **** that is the harrypotterfanfiction.com search engine.

Search for Narc shows more then 50 results.
Search for Narcissa shows NOTHING?
etc
etc
Pulls hair out in annoyance and slams fist into hpff.com's forehead.

Considering I can browse thru stories posted recently, and SEE words i just searched for and were not found, is aggrivating. God forbid you go to their forums either, they're locked to VIEW unless you register.

What a POS>

Dark Syaoran
07-26-2005, 12:22 AM
FictionAlly.com pisses me off. Its bloody stupid.

The new search engine on FF.Net is bloody stupid. You set to search for updated in a certain time period but it doesnt put the bloody latest at the top. WTF IS THAT!

I need stories... BADLY! I cant find any and i'm slowing going insane searching.

IndoGhost
07-26-2005, 12:37 AM
i never liked those search engines.
harrypotterfanfiction.com, the site, is not all that bad if your upsessed with harry ginny.

and
FictionAlly.com is just irrateing.

fanfiction.net is really pissing me off

Silke
07-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Midknight, have you read Narcotic Effects ? (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2127558/1/)

That's probably the only good Harry/Narcissa you'll find.

BlackPhoenix
07-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Damn it all to the nine circles of hell!

I tried just searching for narcissa and I find pages and pages of Narcissa/Lucius, Narcissa/Bella, Narcissa/Lily and Narcissa/Sirius but none with her and harry... damn

LT2000
07-26-2005, 12:05 PM
Aye, Narcotic Effects is the only really good long one. I'm not even going to count all that Harry/Bella/Cissa/Tonks/whoever else tripe out there. I'm starting to seriously dislike harem fics on the whole lately, which really sucks due to the fact that I'm in the middle of one that I feel obligated to finish. There are also a few good Harry/Narcissa oneshots floating around, most of which can be found in their dedicated thread at FictionAlley.

IndoGhost
07-26-2005, 02:29 PM
hn...i have not really read that meny harem fics.

Midknight
07-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Midknight, have you read Narcotic Effects ? (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2127558/1/)

That's probably the only good Harry/Narcissa you'll find.

Yeah decent story, but I hated the end chapters, there was so much more that could of been done with that story =(

http://www.fanfiction.net/l/224/4/0/1/1/40/0/0/1/

Is what I use for searching FF.net. It's their old search engine. I look for storys that are above 40K word (so no getting attached to storys that are abandoned after 4 chapters.) and sorted by most recently updated, English fics only.

I really hate the new search engine.

Dark Syaoran
07-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks man... thats a life saver.

Midknight
07-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks man... thats a life saver.

np

Dominik
07-29-2005, 01:43 AM
Fav's would have to be...

HP/NT
HP/NM
HP/BL
HP/PP
HP/OC
HP/DM
DM/HG
DM/PP
VM/BL
VM/NT
VM/NM

Not many.

Lord Ravenclaw
07-29-2005, 02:10 AM
Harry/Luna is one of my favorites if its done well...such as Luna's Year.

Dominik
07-29-2005, 03:31 AM
Luna and Harry just seems really weird to me. Like it's not right. But That's just me.

ChuckDaTruck
07-30-2005, 03:14 AM
Harry/Winky

Oh, don't act like you haven't thought about. I mean c'mon, think about it A.) she's wasted half the time, which means she makes poor decisions, and she might not remember them. B.) She's submissive, you could try all sorts of Kama Sutra shit that you never can try normally with these prudish human girls. and C.) Green skin and "bat-like ears" If those don't give you a hard-on than nothing will. [/b]

Dark Syaoran
07-30-2005, 03:17 AM
My mum read that while walking past and nearly fell from laughing.

Zevrillion
07-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Harry/Winky

Oh, don't act like you haven't thought about. I mean c'mon, think about it A.) she's wasted half the time, which means she makes poor decisions, and she might not remember them. B.) She's submissive, you could try all sorts of Kama Sutra shit that you never can try normally with these prudish human girls. and C.) Green skin and "bat-like ears" If those don't give you a hard-on than nothing will. [/b]

rofl

Do you know if anyone has written a fic like that?

Contempt
07-30-2005, 11:37 AM
god I hope not. My weird-shit-o-meter is going off the charts from this as is.

IndoGhost
07-30-2005, 11:59 AM
hahahahaha

Vecna
07-30-2005, 02:22 PM
I do remeber a harry/dobby pairing, ill see if i can find a link

IndoGhost
07-30-2005, 02:23 PM
we hate dobby too???

Midknight
07-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Harry/Winky

that honestly disturbs me.

I forget the story, but it's in my fic list, where Harry has a house elf Eppy or something, that keeps appearances that she's Harry's sex toy. Funny as hell stuff.

Lord Ravenclaw
07-30-2005, 04:05 PM
I nearly spit out my pepsi when I read that...rofl. And yes, scarily enough, I have seen a pairing like that. Whats worse was it on AFF. I had nightmares for a week.

IndoGhost
07-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Harry/Winky

I forget the story, but it's in my fic list, where Harry has a house elf Eppy or something, that keeps appearances that she's Harry's sex toy. Funny as hell stuff.

i read that too haha she does it cause of hermione....i was dieing when i read that.

LT2000
07-30-2005, 04:54 PM
I've seen a Harry/Dobby lemon around somewhere before, either on AFF or on restrictedsection. Needless to say, I didn't read it.

ChuckDaTruck
07-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks to everyone who found my little shtick funny.

I do my best :wink:

Midknight
07-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Harry/Winky

i read that too haha she does it cause of hermione....i was dieing when i read that.

Ah found it, It is the Azkaban Parody one, very, very funny stuff.

Lord Ravenclaw
07-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Lately shes also been mistress-like with latex and whips.

Midknight
07-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Lately shes also been mistress-like with latex and whips.

My fav part i think was with Ron, and the goat skins with the weird white stuff all over them she found in his trunk

ChuckDaTruck
07-31-2005, 01:33 AM
You have to be careful when eating. I once had a turkey sandwich with mayonaisse and it left terrible stains, so I know what Ron's going through.

Devil Incarnate
08-15-2005, 10:30 PM
This world needs one thing a well-written, realistic Harry/Narcissa/Bella/Tonks (all our favourite black ladies) pairing

IndoGhost
08-15-2005, 10:33 PM
This world needs one thing a well-written, realistic Harry/Narcissa/Bella/Tonks (all our favourite black ladies) pairing
i second that

Lord Ravenclaw
08-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Perhaps if the polygamy could be pulled off well, otherwise just pick one.

IndoGhost
08-16-2005, 12:42 AM
the problem with a fic with that pairing is that everyone gets together at the same time and their is no fight between them...i mean the all fell for the same kid so would that cause some issue between them that they have to work out....just a thought

Lord Ravenclaw
08-16-2005, 12:47 AM
As I said, the polygamy would have to be written well.

Nuit
08-16-2005, 12:52 AM
But most of the time it isn't and it becomes just plain stupid.

Devil Incarnate
08-16-2005, 04:48 PM
As Lord Ravenclaw said (TWICE) the polygamy must be good.

But if only one... I would choose Narcissa for Harry.

Piss that fag Draco off.

He can go f**k Voldemort, Lucius, and Snape to get his fix for all I care.

Dark Syaoran
08-17-2005, 04:56 AM
I pick Bellatrix... cuz she's a psyhco bitch that will turn Harry dark.

Redeye
08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
hmmm Tonks would be the most fun though.
not to mention he would piss alot of people off.

Narcissa isnt bad either just to get draco pissed. But hey if you make tonks look like narcissa in front of draco while with harry the same effect!
Bellatrix is a crazy bitch that would probably bite your arm off during sex but she would take a spanking and then some! hell she would get off to pain curses probably.

Zevrillion
08-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Bellatrix is a crazy bitch that would probably bite your arm off during sex but she would take a spanking and then some! hell she would get off to pain curses probably.

Bella: Blow Job --> Nothing Left. She will bite it off. :splatter:

Devil Incarnate
08-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Dont you guys think that using Tonks's Metamorphmagus ability in order to look like another woman is demening and hurtful to Tonk's feelings.

IndoGhost
08-17-2005, 03:10 PM
if used alot then yes if used once in a while then nope....i donno

Midknight
08-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Dont you guys think that using Tonks's Metamorphmagus ability in order to look like another woman is demening and hurtful to Tonk's feelings.

hmm, remember you made that statement when you reach your college years, lol

Dark Syaoran
08-18-2005, 01:20 AM
lol.

James Katz
08-25-2005, 01:07 AM
too true :D

Sepanto
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
[enter sarcasm]
my favorite is SOOOO harry/hermione, And harry Ginny and Ron ginny
[/sarcasm]

my favorite ones are:
Harry/Harem
Snape/lily rape...
ron/crucio.
Hermione-avada.
harry EVIL BITCHY BABY VOICE bella.
tonks/bella/narcissa.
trelwany (never got the name right)- firenze/

Giovanni
09-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Snape/Lily Rape?

How can anyone actually enjoy reading about that?

Wait... Then again there are people who read Harry/Voldemort pairings.

Best pairings ever

Harry/Umbridge
Ginny/The Wrong End of one of Fred and George's enlargement charms (read the office orgy thread for further details.)
Hagrid/Cho's Corpse.

Lord North
09-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Best Pairings

Harry/Bellatrix or Narcissa....as sex slaves or somethin like that
Harry Fleur
Harry/fem!Blaise
Harry/Padma or Paravti or Both

RagefulLlama
09-13-2005, 07:51 PM
For me I usually like the 'rare' pairings, so I like pretty much every harry/nonslash pairing +ginny+hermione everything else is pretty much okay with me (in whatever combinations if it is a Harry/Harem.)

Dark Syaoran
09-14-2005, 03:41 AM
Need more Harry/Fleur stories out there thou they are going to be very far apart now since the sixth book. The whole Bill/Fleur wedding has fucked the pairing up really if your going to do post-HBP. Before that then its no big deal.

Midknight
09-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Need more Harry/Fleur stories out there thou they are going to be very far apart now since the sixth book. The whole Bill/Fleur wedding has fucked the pairing up really if your going to do post-HBP. Before that then its no big deal.

Ah but screwing a married woman whose husband can't get it up from the attack has benefits for Harry, no attachment/commitment involved!

Nuit
09-14-2005, 06:06 PM
And should the Weasleys ever find out, they will hate Harry.

Antivash
09-14-2005, 06:49 PM
And should the Weasleys ever find out, they will hate Harry.

so whats the down side?

Nuit
09-15-2005, 12:07 AM
No downside, so where are the (post-HBP) Harry/Fleur fics?

Dark Syaoran
09-15-2005, 02:47 AM
None yet.... someone here should right one thou. It'd be pretty cool. Harry and Fleur fucking because Bill can't get it up. Weasley's finding out would be classic.

Nuit
09-15-2005, 02:49 AM
Aye and then he stops being a wuss.

Dark Syaoran
09-15-2005, 02:55 AM
They just leave or he becomes Dark or something... I dunno.

Midknight
09-15-2005, 08:19 PM
None yet.... someone here should right one thou. It'd be pretty cool. Harry and Fleur fucking because Bill can't get it up. Weasley's finding out would be classic.

or that could even be one part of Bill that got mauled off all together.

Nuit
09-15-2005, 08:23 PM
I don't think this would count as a "scar of bravery".

Midknight
09-15-2005, 08:27 PM
a scar of "barely there" maybe, lol

Dark Syaoran
09-16-2005, 02:01 AM
I just saw a few seconds ago a new clip for the Goblet of Fire. I swear they wanted to put Harry and Hermione together in the movies. I bet they are pissed off at which direction the sixth book went in.

Anyway, you know how Harry's and Voldie's wands join? It looks hell weird. I thought it was supposed to be a golden thread? Well, from what I saw it was a red(Stupefy) and a green(Avada) beams. I dunno... maybe it turned golden and it just didnt show it.

Midknight
09-16-2005, 02:13 AM
after seeing what they turned Moody into, Im wondering if they even bother to follow the books for much longer.

IndoGhost
09-16-2005, 08:11 AM
nope in the movie there are dance lessions

Dark Syaoran
09-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah. Ron gets called up by Professor MacG to practice dancing, lol. She goes...

"Come on Mr Weasley, put your hand on my hip"

"Oh where!"

*Class snickers*

My god...

Silent
12-05-2005, 10:24 PM
It was slightly funny, in a run-away-and-hide way.

nonjon
12-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah, the whole Harry and Voldie's spells linking reminding me a little too much of Ghostbusters crossing their beams. Not what I pictured or wanted to see. The movies do seem strongly Harry/Hermy, but I think part of that is movie studios always needing some sort of romantic hints and relationships. And in the movies we have one young hero, and only one female with any visible role in the movies at all. Especially hug moments romantic retards can interpret as whatever they want. Doesn't hurt that the actress can fuel all our wicked lolita fantasies quite nicely too. Hate Hermione all you want, but give her a few years (honestly officer!) and she'll be a tasty piece of ass.

As for best couple's, I was horribly disappointed to look through this entire thread and see no mention of the real OTP: Draco/Draco.

My next most favorite pairings are probably:
Harry/Hedwig
Harry/Hogwarts
Harry/Giant Squid

If you really must demean poor Harry with one of those wretched "witches" I suppose Tonks and Luna meet his needs the best. Tonks because she'll happily be whatever he wants. And Luna cause she'd be straight-up freaky. And that's a good thing.

And with the earlier argument, female!Blaise does bug me a bit how people cling to it. I mean you're arguing how there's so little to her character that a sex change doesn't matter. But if there's so little to her character, there's no reason to like the pairing. It's merely a Harry/'little known hot female slytherin' pairing. Just Blaise is a good "strong" name. Sounds like Blaise wouldn't take shit from Draco the way a 'Pansy' or a 'Millicent' would. I mean there's nothing in the books about "Blaise"s habits, character, attitude that would endear her to anybody. It's just this generic character has been branded with a known canon name. But oops, she's got a little more penis than some people were planning on. It's just a name and label. You can still love the pairing. Hell call her "Kari Boslav" if you want, based on sloth's name switcheroo for his excellent Harry/fem!Blaise story.

I could bring up comparisons about how in the USA, there's a big old stink about the name and label of 'marriage' for same-sex commited couples. And how it's those bible-thumping stuck-in-the-dark-ages backwoods boys refusing to budge on their label, but even I'm not rude enough to call you guys out like that. And no one wants a politcal discussion.

Mrriddler
12-15-2005, 03:59 PM
...eh I kind of got lost at the end there. I know it was an insult to the Christian Right...mehe

Seems to be that many of the fem!Blaise defenders are authors who already developed their characters or whatever in their stories and didn't want to give it up just then. I was planning to use her until Rowling cleared it up, so I removed her. Yeah, you're right, it's basically an OFC with a canon name. Authors make her whatever they want her to be.

Giovanni
12-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Which is why I like the ship :)

Besides... Blaise is SOOOOO Not a guys name.

But no matter how much I like that ship I will never let go of my love of the Harry/Ginny ship :)

Say what you want to about it... But nothing is more fun than reading a 15k word 35 chapter story written at a third grade level that is full of spelling/grammer errors and is rated M because the 12 year old author decided to try their hand at writing a sex scene (which takes up 7 of the chapters.)

*Snickers*

darkinferno9908
12-16-2005, 08:07 PM
In GoF I thought the linking of the wands made Harry look more like a dark jedi with the red spilling out of it. And the way that he was strugging against it; he just wanted to scream "Nooooooooooooooooo!" when Voldermort said he was his father or something.

And yea, the movies DO go for Harry/Hermione; they hug more times than ginny gets shot on these forums!

But on the real guys... we all know we love the l337ne55s of giny and harrry wehn teyh get tog3ther and haev w1ld sxe and create baby pooters.

:roll:

Dark Syaoran
12-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Rofl.

Baby pooters. Heh.

darkinferno9908
12-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Rofl.

Baby pooters. Heh.

Hey! It's the truth and you know it! We ALL know that there are at least 313/222,831 HP fanfics on ff.net that have that for H/G pairings!

Lord Ravenclaw
12-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Hah. I have to say, I like the idea of Harry/Fem!Blaise...I shall never surrender!

IndoGhost
12-28-2005, 12:44 PM
harry/daphne
harry/bella
harry/tonks

These shell never change*makes a tough guy pose*

DaytonDeusBlack
12-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Harry/Bella/Narcissa/Tonks

The only true good pairings.

darkinferno9908
12-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Harry/Bella/Tonks
Harry/Tonks/Fleur
Harry/Gabbrielle
Harry/Pansy
Harry/Hermionie (Done correctly)
Harry/Tonks
Harry/Susan
Harry/Narcissa

Xiph0
12-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Harry/Bella/Narcissa/Tonks

The only true good pairings.

:cheers:

ShanTom
12-30-2005, 08:57 AM
The best pairing in my opinion is..............................

Harry/Harry !

I know it's slash, but I love it anyway :D

On 2nd place is Tonks/Harry/Bellatrix (threesome :whipped: ).

nonjon
12-30-2005, 11:36 AM
I've been wondering when someone will finally write Harry/Harry. Personally, I find it as reasonable and logical as say Harry/Draco , and far more palatable. Of course given the people writing it, it may not necessarily be slash.

I mean I've seen a half dozen fics where he goes back and becomes some tall blonde german guy for Tonks, What if tall blonde german guy got a lil touchy feely with young Harry? He'd usually have six years to teach him all the things the fangirls want to know about their Harry doll, before he'd hafta go back and become tall blonde german guy.

This is actually a concept very similar to Harry/James. I mean we get Harry/Lily every once in while, where's the Harry/James?

And let's compromise on the whole fem!Blaise and just go with Harry/Tranny!Blaise. The tits, the Slytherin demeaner, the pouty lips, the husky deep voice, the barely noticeable adam's apple, and the tuck job secret the author never needs to know about.

"Blaise, sweetie? Why is it only ever anal or oral? Why won't you let me touch your vagi-...WHOA! God your mouth feels great down there."

See? Everyone wins.

Lutris
12-30-2005, 11:43 AM
-spews coffee out onto newly printed science paper-
-gags-
-splutters-
-laughs a small but insane laugh-

Anonymous
12-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Harry/Marietta Edgecombe

Marietta gazed into Harry's eyes. "I don't know if this safe, Harry."

"Shhh, its fine," he whispered as he placed a finger across her lips. He leaned forward and stuck his wet, pink tongue into the air and leaned in.

He slowly licked the word "SNEAK" written in large festering zits across Marietta's forehead.

:puke:

Sorry. Had to get that out there.

Midknight please don't delete it.

Dark Syaoran
12-30-2005, 09:59 PM
*shudders*

There is a story around with Harry and Hermione married but him fucking that Edgecombe chick on the side because she broke up with Draco Malfoy... we'll, I only saw the summary and it looks that way.

Xiph0
12-31-2005, 01:13 AM
God
Damn you Charlie.. :rrou:

DaytonDeusBlack
12-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Harry/Marietta Edgecombe

"Shhh, its fine," he whispered as he placed a finger across her lips. He leaned forward and stuck his wet, pink tongue into the air and leaned in.

He slowly licked the word "SNEAK" written in large festering zits across Marietta's forehead.

:puke:

Sorry. Had to get that out there.

That stuck an unforgettable image in my mind.... :O_O:

Lady Rebecca
12-31-2005, 01:38 AM
Ron/Giant Squid
Hermione/Giant Squid
Snape/Giant Squid
Ginny/Giant Humbold Squid
Harry/Evil/crazy/strong femme

Midknight
12-31-2005, 01:48 AM
Harry/Marietta Edgecombe

rofl, Havent checked this thread in a long time. To come in here and see that in the favorite couples disturbs me. Striking terror into the hearts of sick bastards everywhere huh?

I've been wondering when someone will finally write Harry/Harry. Personally, I find it as reasonable and logical as say Harry/Draco , and far more palatable. Of course given the people writing it, it may not necessarily be slash.

I can't remember the name of the fic, but I got the link here, or maybe it was a link to fictionalley from here, and I have seen this. He went back in time, raised himself, and wound up screwing around with himself, and rationalized it as it was the same thing as playing with yourself. This happened all like in the first 3K words of the chapter, and left me screaming at the monitor WTF! WTF! WTF!, before my eyes teared up in pain.

darkinferno9908
12-31-2005, 03:57 AM
......Harry/Harry? How? ... you know what, never mind. I've gotten use to it by now. To each his own I suppose...

ShanTom
12-31-2005, 09:10 AM
Harry's a weird guy. He's got all those visions from Moldyshorts, but he doesn't have any erotic dreams. He's a teenager, but he isn't 'consulting dr Hans Jerkoff' (quote from San Andreas, by Sweet, CJ's brother). I've seen only one or two fics with Hormonal!Harry. Maybe all those H/G authors think that it's a satanic act or something ?

Lord Supremo
12-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Amen to Shan! Here's my list

Harry/Hermione Is my alltime favorite in theory but its rarely written well, they always go directly from best friends to soulmates in the space of a few sentences with maybe a chapter of buildup (tops) (the sound of a loud and angry buzzer plays) sorry authors, but love does not work that way. Or, they dance around each other so long both "fearing of losing the friendship" that they loose interest and date other people for the bulk of the fic, before returning tearily into each other's arms in the last sentence of the story.

Harry/Tonks Again, a very good one in theory, since Tonks and Harry are both always going to be looked at as "different" but, I can summarize the plot of almost every H/T fic in a few sentences: Harry, distressed after loosing Sirius at the DoM, boards himself up in his room and refuses to talk to Ron or Hermione or anyone else. Dumbledore sends Tonks to bring Harry out of it. Harry and Tonks gradually fall in love, and then fight off oppressive Order members, especially Molly Weasley, who try to keep them apart due to the age gap. Bleh!

Harry/Female Character not developed much in canon (i.e. Susan Bones, one of the Patil Twins, Fem!Blaise, Lavender, etc) These tend to be the best since the character hasn't been much defined by JKR, the author can easily mold the new character into the perfect person for Harry; beautiful, intelligent, strong enough to keep him in line and focused on defeating Voldemort, but at the same time not whipping him into submission (as H/G authors like to have Ginny do), etc. Usually provides Harry with a good counter-balance and moral center without being overbearing about it as Hermione is wont to do in any HP story.

And last but certainly not least,

H/Many!! #1 on my list any day. Harry's rich, he's famous, he's dripping with magical power, he's damn good looking, and, above all, HE'S A TEEN! Harry should not be thinking about marraige or soulmates or anything of the kind during his 5th or 6th year! Give me a fic where Harry casually dates a lot of different girls, has sex, doesnt give "settling down" a moment of thought, and generally acts his age any time.

ip82
12-31-2005, 05:29 PM
And last but certainly not least,

H/Many!! #1 on my list any day. Harry's rich, he's famous, he's dripping with magical power, he's damn good looking, and, above all, HE'S A TEEN! Harry should not be thinking about marraige or soulmates or anything of the kind during his 5th or 6th year! Give me a fic where Harry casually dates a lot of different girls, has sex, doesnt give "settling down" a moment of thought, and generally acts his age any time.

Agree 100%. Im sick of all the fucking ships and uber-romances and soulmates and grand weddings and fluff and harems and sex-slaves and other shit. Everybody keep forgetting that Harry's fucking 15-16 and that wizards live 100+ year in average. He has good 10-20 years of experimenting before even considering marrage.

The guy who writes romance exactly right is Thor Naida. You should check out his stories for unpretentious teenage dating, sex, breaking up etc... Just normal stuff, no overdone uber-shit.

LT2000
12-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Well, I'm doing a wedding in my story soon, but it's more for political grandstanding and gathering foreign powers to ally with against Voldemort than something Harry genuinely wants to do for love's sake. He'd rather not marry at all, but it's a convenient way for him to get things done so he's doing it.

ChuckDaTruck
01-13-2006, 04:47 PM
ChuckDaTruck wrote:

Harry/Winky

Oh, don't act like you haven't thought about. I mean c'mon, think about it A.) she's wasted half the time, which means she makes poor decisions, and she might not remember them. B.) She's submissive, you could try all sorts of Kama Sutra shit that you never can try normally with these prudish human girls. and C.) Green skin and "bat-like ears" If those don't give you a hard-on than nothing will.

THis is as true today as it was over half a year ago. A couple this perfect comes along once in a life time. I think we should all say a silent prayer in the hopes that Harry and Winky get together.

Thank You.

Lord Ravenclaw
01-13-2006, 04:49 PM
I still shudder after reading that.

Xiph0
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
I still shudder after reading that.

Aye. Chuck, you wouldn't be half as nasty as you are if you didn't seem sincere...

__________________________________________________ _______

`Hellatrix` (as someone here dubbed it) - Shes insane, slightly old, dark, and a largely unknown char that can be done well in a post-OotP.

Harry/Narcissa - Dakaath actually made me like this ship, something about Harry screwing his nemisis' mum is a hilarious plot element.

Harry/Cho - This is actually going on my hate list also, largely because the only fic I've read where it was well done was... again... Dakaath.

Harry/Tonks - Sometimes, Infrequently I'll find a good Honks fic.
Plus': Metamorphmagi, Spunky, not incredibly older then him.
Downside: Auror, OoP member..

Mrriddler
01-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Hm...lately I been fishing for H/ Gryffindor chasers and H/Hufflepuffs in addition to the old crop of H/slytherin girls. Hmm... though if well read fans of the traditional ships make recommendations, I'm even willing to give H/Hr and H/G a whirl. Yeah, guess I'm kind of desperate.

sirius009
01-19-2006, 04:34 PM
I personally like the unusual pairings..
Harry/Susan underused, can be very good
Harry/Katie also underused
Harry/Fleur i love harry getting the hot older chick everyone wants
Harry/ anyone not cliched
Ron/ not hermoine
Ginny/Avada
Hermoine/Avada
Too much romance is horrible and so is too much sex..

Schilling
02-16-2006, 07:00 PM
my favorite pairing of all is...

G/CF/Umbitch/Filch/Dumbledore/Hr/James/Peter/TR/Crookshanks/Basilisk/Hagrid/Buckbeak/LM/Ron/AW/PW/CW/CD's corpse/Snivellus/Giant Squid/Mrs. Norris (whatever happened to Mr Norris?)/TR's Dad's corpse/Flitwick..... all in one big orgy... *drools* pure ecstasy
really though, i like
H/Bella
H/Tonks
H/B(fem)
H/Lily
H/F
H/SB
most other odd H/ unusual coupling

Dark Syaoran
02-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I really only like it if the romance has Harry. Background romance is okay but sometimes if its a pairing I dont like it gets on my nerves.

I dont mind Harry jumping from girl to girl but I dont like it when everyone else is doing it. Meh...

Schilling
02-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I really only like it if the romance has Harry. Background romance is okay but sometimes if its a pairing I dont like it gets on my nerves.

I dont mind Harry jumping from girl to girl but I dont like it when everyone else is doing it. Meh...
same here

Quack
02-17-2006, 02:16 AM
H/Bella
H/Tonks
H/B(fem)
H/Lily
H/F
H/SB
You still type that in full. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a Harry/Sirius shipper.

....yeah.

I usually dislike Harry/Gryffindor girls. I don't think they have much to offer. >_>

Slytherin - They'll offer you a different POV on the world, help you with your finances, teach you how to be a proper wizard and use your fame.

Ravenclaw - Make sure you win the war by helping you study. They'll pressure you to succeed, make you powerful/knowledgeable/intelligent.

Hufflepuff - Will be there to tend your wounds after the battle, care for you, know when to back down. You can always be sure they'll be there to support you, and will never betray you.

Gryffindor - Ehh... they are good for Harry/Many. All I can see from Gryffindor girls that would be good for Harry is they'd give him experience in sex. Hermione being the exception. They can be 'fun', but that's a distraction for Harry.

My favourite is Slytherin, 'cause of C. Night's fics. To me, her Blaise is exactly how a Slytherin girl should be.

But I think fics are better if they are pairingless. Many many fics would be awesome if they didn't have a pairing, instead of just average 'cause they got chapters and chapters of lovey dovey crap.

Schilling
02-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Schilling wrote:
H/Bella
H/Tonks
H/B(fem)
H/Lily
H/F
H/SB

You still type that in full. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a Harry/Sirius shipper.

....yeah.

maybe I am? /[sarcasm]

my bad.

I like Slytherin girls best as well

Saiyan Mage
02-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Relationships i love:
Harry P/Tonks
Harry P/Fleur (I can't help it if i want the hero to get the best)
Ginny/ Draco
And Harry P/Many (It's my favorite)

Lord Dragon
03-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Harry/fem Blaise
watching Harry loose Hermione and go with fem Blaise would make a good story.

Juliette Ames
03-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Let me see. Well in the fanfiction. I like to read:
Hermione/Fred/George
Lily/James
Hermione/Harry
Ginny/Harry

And that's about it. I don't really like Ron/Hermione... but I can tolerate it.

What I'd like to see in the books. Is Harry not getting into any relationship while Voldemort is still alive. And then once Voldemort is dead or if Harry is still alive... then Harry meeting a new character.

I don't really care if Hermione and Ron get together to be honest.

Dark Lord Rostam
03-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Ginny/Harry

BLASHPHEMY...no im kidding ive read a few stories, but I grit my teeth and read through if it's good.

Juliette Ames
03-17-2006, 01:07 AM
BLASHPHEMY...no im kidding ive read a few stories, but I grit my teeth and read through if it's good.

Lol. I know what you mean. I mainly read L/J stuff though... I haven't read Harry/Ginny in ages. One of my friends was a good H/G writer so I'd be forced to read it. I've grown to tolerate it ;)

Dark Lord Rostam
03-17-2006, 01:10 AM
One of my friends was a good H/G writer so I'd be forced to read it

I feel your pain. I remember the days before I saw the light of DLP, forced to endure slash happy H/G mongrel writers.

Dubrichius
03-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Personally, I enjoy reading most pairings; except for slash and Harry/Ginny. For the first exception, I have nothing against gay people, my great-uncle is gay, and I'm cool with it, I just find the mechanics of it to be disturbing. I find the idea of anything going IN the pooper to be very squicky. As for Harry dating the redheaded stalker bitch, NO. Just NO. NO. Dear God, man, NO! *left eye starts twitching*

I find the idea that Harry would fall in love that deeply with someone who is completely obsessed with him to be extremely nauseating. For all we know, she probably has a Harry Potter shrine in her bedroom, with a lock of his pubic hair that she stole from his dirty undies. And took the undies too. Just the very way the romance was handled makes me think that Ginny used a love potion on Harry, because it was the only way for her to get Harry to notice her. The same thing with Won Won spiking Hermione's drinks, I reckon. If you think about it, that's the way JK writes her stories. She mentioned a specific love potion: Armotenia, and gives an example of love potions being used: Merope Gaunt on Riddle Snr. I would not put it past her to try and spring that on us, even though quite a lot of people have used that whole love potion idea in their fanfics before.

The pairings that I enjoy reading are:
Harry/Susan
Harry/Fleur
Harry/Cho
Harry/Both Patil twins (at the same time)
Harry/Tonks (but only if he isn't going to spout out that whole 'I think that your beautiful on the inside' bull; it's sappy, over-used, and complete tripe.)
Harry/Daphne
Harry/Tracy
Harry/Hannah
Harry/Katie/Alicia/Angelina (preferably in the locker room showers after practice)
Harry/Narcissa
Harry/Lily (Sniped by DGD, don't wan't any kiddies googling that now would we?)

I think you get the idea. To be honest, the best one would be where Harry casually dates a few of his female classmates over the course of three or four years. Then it wouold be realistic.

Opaque
04-16-2006, 08:06 PM
To all of those talking about Harry/Harry this is pretty much a Harry/AUFemHarry. It has Potential. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2828761/6/
Oh and thank God for the Tags Otherwise I think I would never get all that / bold crap. :wall:

SuBzEr0
05-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Harry/Bella= For Me it has to do with sleeping with the enemy

Harry/Tonks= There are alike in many ways

Harry/Narcissa= its fun to bang enemys mom

Harry/Fem!Blaise= Not Enough Girls to use so she's a good choice

Harry/SlytherinGirl= there fun

Harry/Cho= i know its almost impossible for them to get together now but i liked her alot better than Ginny or Hr

Amerision
05-06-2006, 12:23 AM
It should be painfully obvious that I am a Harry/Fem!Harry shipper.

God how I despise SilverAegis for RUINING the goddamn pairing. It's liek he doesn't even care.

I had to write a whole goddamn One-Shot just to satiate my anger. I want to so badly to continue Across the Mirror, but I can't find any solid ideas. Just that M!Harry will be dominant (muwahahahha!), and they will end up being evil overlords in her world, in Heros in his, switching now and then.

Other than that:

Harry/Evil!Psychotic!Bellatrix - I hate softcore. Unless it's written by Mrriddler. He writes the greatest smut.

Harry/Fem!Blaise - It think its the fact that she is virtually OC, already delcared a male (thus pissing people off), and that she engages into the Lust/Hate kinda thing.

Harry/Daphne or Tracy - Same as Blaise when he is a guy.

Harry/Fleur - Harry with Hot Veela. End of Story.

Harry/Tonks - Screwing around with Older Woman Harry? Well good on you...

But, ALL in ALL....I Hate Love Early On.

Niffler Lord
05-06-2006, 04:27 AM
I don't mind any paring really. Just can the "we is soul maty" crap.

That said I really like Harry/Luna fics. Its nonjons fault. He wrote Lovegood, Boobs Gooder (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2390865/1/). Then there is Harry/Any-seldom-used-girl (H/Susan H/Daphe etc). I also like to read H/Lily stories and H/Fem!Harry stuff.

Or and Amerision get off your sorry arse and write another chapter of Across the Mirror.

Mrriddler
05-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Or and Amerision get off your sorry arse and write another chapter of Across the Mirror.

I agree. :D Sounds like you got plenty of ideas. And did you call me soft? Oh... :twisted: :twisted:

Pairings: I pretty much could enjoy anything other than your usual H/G, H/HR, slash.

But I prefer it if the girl(s) Harry is with has some personality so we know she's suppose to be a person not some flesh trophy. Also a little less crying on the girl's part. Haven't people gotten enough of the whole damsel in distress thing... yesh. I mean, ok crying is fine when her parents get killed. But crying when Harry goes off to battle which she KNEW he had to do...that's just too blah for me.

And what I'm really looking for is H/Hufflepuff girl where the puff can do something other than healing the wounded.

Amerision
05-06-2006, 12:44 PM
And did you call me soft? Oh...

Put in some sextorture in Male Veela and I'll graduate you to Hardcore. :) BDSM will suffice, I guess...

Just joking, you got the best smut around (Is that a good thing???).

And Across the Mirror...FINE. I'll draw up an outline sometime and work on a new chapter.

[/quote]

Mrriddler
05-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Sextorture...hmm

Best smut around? Dubious honor I suppose. One hand it's definitely good, on the other, I do get "more smut" comments time to time... as well as the occassional requests for Harry to enter some bloke's rear entrance cause that would be 'hawt'.

Yeah that made me :(

TheIllusiveOne
05-08-2006, 02:42 AM
I've been looking for a Harry Potter/Star Wars crossover where the pairing is Harry/Yoda

"Hmm Hmm Hmm, small dick, you have!"

"Oh, Oh, Oh Dobby!... err.. I mean.."

Dark Syaoran
05-08-2006, 10:54 AM
You... have problems. Seriously...

Master Slytherin
05-08-2006, 03:25 PM
wtf...honstly Harry/Yoda :vomits:

Myst
05-08-2006, 03:29 PM
I've been looking for a Harry Potter/Star Wars crossover where the pairing is Harry/Yoda

"Hmm Hmm Hmm, small dick, you have!"

"Oh, Oh, Oh Dobby!... err.. I mean.."

<twitch> Please seek help, you need it. Badly. :puke:

Promios
05-08-2006, 04:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA, and you say you like disgusting things. This is just funny xD

MudEye
05-08-2006, 04:17 PM
my favourite is harry/fox... really

Xiph0
05-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Promios: Completely agreed, that example was hilarious.

BlueMagikMarker
05-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm quite partial to Sneville fics myself. There's nothing like a good, 'boy meets sadistic teacher and overcomes his fear of him to form a heartwarming relationship' fic. They're tearjerkers everytime.

Neville/Snape all the way!

Dark Syaoran
05-10-2006, 12:28 AM
You guys realise that this thread was made so we can find out people's favorite pairings, real favorite pairings. Then again, you guys might be into that stuff... I wouldnt have thought so though.

Harry/River is a favorite in Harry Potter/Firefly crossovers, but I've only read like... three? Nonjon's is the best by far. Just felt like adding that even if it isnt fully Harry Potter.

Aekiel
05-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Why has no one bothered with a Harry/Su Li pairing. I know it was in Prince of Darkness but that was only a side pairing.
other than that, and you're gonna crucify me now, I like Harry/Hermione most then Harry/Tonks and Harry/fem!Blaise. Slash goes out the window soon as it comes in, which is good since my friend is a slash writer (UGH!).
I do like crossovers though - HP/FFX/X-2 is good and I've been reading Defying Fate: Journey of the Offworlder lately and its really good.