1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could I get that link too bro?

@Seratin- You just know he has, you don't get that cold just hide the ring and keep going from a simple thing that started after he Rick got left behind.

2. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Delivered. :)

3. Krogan

High Score:
    Thanks, I appreciate it, I'd been looking for it for a while with no luck.

4. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I'm enjoying the awesomeness but not looking forward to after the family reunite and the awkward tention that will occur after finding out Daddy's alive.

Part of the awesomeness is he is exploring the world of zombie Apocalypse with out any ties.

I haven't read the comics so that is speculation.

But I am definetly liking the attention to detail for this series and the logic behind the zombies.

Also
    [​IMG]

Any one else get a Red dead redemption vibe?

5. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Still waiting for both the episodes to hit stream sites I check, maybe I'll get lucky, maybe not, we'll see.

Either way, thought this might calm those of you who were pushing for a second season; Your wish has been granted; http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28804

6. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    3rd episode...

Looks like trouble in paradise. Rick is reunited with his family, and Shane's put out, leading to a whole lot of misplaced anger.

Beyond that, I love this show. I hate the fact that there are only 3 more episodes in this season.

7. Hashasheen

Out of the two rednecks, I like the younger brother more than the older brother. He's more useful thus far. Plus the older one was a retard for not sawing off the damn cuffs.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  8. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Comparing the two stories ( comic vs show ) I'm liking the changes, they've gone a bit farther to the extreme rather than dumb things down.

Every plot difference so far is actually well thought out interms of story arcs.

Though the difference in why the cops family left is a little discouraging cause it paints the wife as more a victim than active participant.

9. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Loving it so far. AMC seems to produce golde when it comes to their original series: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc.
    Seriously, why the hell did Dixon not saw the bar or the cuffs instead? The chain was intact when the gang got back, so clearly he wasn't in any immediate danger. I guess, he might not have realized how solid the chain was, but still. Also, Rick's wife is a bitch. That is all.

10. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I'm not liking the wife either. She's bitching a lot even though she hasn't told her hasn't about the relationship between her and Shane. Shane's beatdown on Ed at the end was awesome though. Dixon didn't saw off the handcuff because he's a redneck. Also, he had no idea that the door was padlocked in order to stall the Zombies. All he knew was that he was gona die if he didn't escape and that he didn't have much time, so he probably though that trying to saw off the handcuffs would take too long and that he would be eaten before he could escape, so he chose to cutoff his hand instead.

11. Krogan

High Score:
    I like him because he was in Boondock Saints personally. Also ditto on not liking the wife, personally I hated her the minute I saw both of them in the woods fucking and she just casually throws her wedding ring off to the side so he can flip her over to keep fucking and not feel bad.

12. Hashasheen

I thought I recognised that guy from somewhere. :facepalm

13. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

How did Merle get off the roof? I was under the impression that they locked the only access door with the padlock. So did he saw off his hand and then jump, or will he be back?
    I have a friend with some of the comics, so I'll probably read through them after the six-episode season is over.

14. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

Well, true but they should burn in hell for canceling Rubicon. The most intelligent and best made TV production I've seen lately. Just watching the Spangler and Ingram actors I had the impression that this was beyond the typical TV format by lightyears. Wouldn't surprise me if they got calls from their advertisers that the plot makes them feel "uncomfortable".

15. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I can tell you right now Merle is an addition to the series you won't find him. Or if you do, it won't match the current situation.

I haven't read the entire series yet but I'm confident enought to say from what I've read Merle is a writers liberty scenario.

16. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Today's episode was legit as hell.

17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yeah, it was; and what a way to end it. Holy damn.

18. Perfection

Perfection Fourth Year

Yep, to those that asked before, Rick answered it: "guess the saw was too blunt to cut the cuffs."

And that was pretty badass of Merle.

19. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    .......sigh.

Far be it from me to say that people deserve to die, but some of those idiot fuckers deserved to die at the end.

They were having some kumbyah bullshit campfire dinner and no one was watching their quadrants. The group was not that far from the city crawling with undead.

Fat redneck abusive husband became zombie chow along with other assorted throwaway characters. Whatever.

No one was wearing durable clothes that might have offered some protection from a rotting pusbag taking a bite. Even a leather jacket would have been +1 protection.

Sloppy work all around.

20. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

"Admit it, we only came back to Atlanta for the hat." Glenn, you're just... :awesome.

The episode was awesome. Always love a good zombie massacre, and while it did sorta come out of nowhere, the good ones always do.