PDA

View Full Version : Ways to piss the staff off part deux- Mid

Giovanni
03-26-2006, 01:56 PM
-snip- Then refrain from commenting, Gio. -snipped- Don't put down other people just because you don't care for the subject. - Sree

Hey Sree, hows about NOT flame baiting when you moderate.

-Giovanni

How about you guys stop sniping each-others comments out, Unless they really were offensive, which I wouldn't know since I didn't see 'em.

~DGD

Hows about I open a can of own? Behave children -Mid PS. Whee.. magical colors!

Middy is on acid! - Sree

DGD
03-27-2006, 01:49 AM
Erm...who snipped my snip? Was it you, freshie? :P

No. . . but I did happen to add a little snippet. Glad to see you two got over your squabble. :P

Sepanto
03-28-2006, 03:34 AM
To all mods, who can't stand abit of intellectual talk, if it bothers you, and makes your heads spin, WHY DO YOU READ IT? You may think it is worthless, but that doesn't give you the right to call it profitless, and pointless. If you dislike it, no body is sitting with a loaded gun pointed at your head and telling you to read this.

Dubrichius
03-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Well actually...

*hides shotgun behind back*

Zevrillion
03-28-2006, 08:06 AM
This is probably going to be too high-brow for this group, .
Am I the only one who is mildly offended by this?

No you're not, but by judging from some of the comments I've heard about this thread, he may have a small point.

I however, agree with Gio and Chuck's sentiments, and I can't fathom how millions upon millions gets spent studying worthless crap like this, no offense intended, when they could be studying ways to get the population out of the poverty level much of it's in.

While I understand chunks of it from late night reading, I say unless they have at least a small bit of proof to base these theories off of, they need to stfu and go to work on fixing world hunger, and stop getting hard ons thinking if some wormhole countless light years away allows time travel or not. Now IF we ever master faster then light travel, and wormholes/blackholes become a problem we have to deal with, then yeah study them, but wtf is the point at the moment?

The same reason we read fanfiction. It's not like it's real or anything. But in science there is a possibility it might be useful in the future. I don't think most people thought Maxwell’s equations would lead to anything in the future, but without them. Where would we be now? And what about Copernicus. Everyone thought it was preposterous that the sun could be in the centre of the solar system.

A lot of what people think is worthless research have had a significant impact in the future. I agree that some of the research money might be better spent. But we might loose even more in the future if we only spend money on research that are important the moment.

Midknight
03-28-2006, 06:31 PM
To all mods, who can't stand abit of intellectual talk, if it bothers you, and makes your heads spin, WHY DO YOU READ IT? You may think it is worthless, but that doesn't give you the right to call it profitless, and pointless. If you dislike it, no body is sitting with a loaded gun pointed at your head and telling you to read this.

Don't push your luck Sepanto, and watch your damned attitude. Part of our jobs is to read pretty much everything, or else we'd miss a great deal of stuff.

Zev you have a point, but there's a major difference between something that, while it serves no point atm, maybe helpful later, and spending millions on research of a thought that maybe, possibly, something just might, in a galaaxy far far away (bleh you get the point) To me it's in the same boat as idiots who spend godawful amounts of cash on research over a decade just to find.. yes men are indeed attracted to attractive women wearing nice smelling perfume and skanky clothes. It's just mind boggling.

Sree
03-28-2006, 06:49 PM

Sepanto, may I first ask: what the fuck are you on? LSD? Coke?

Intellectual? Learn how to spell, then you can start talking.

I'm the one who defended the fucking topic, so get the banana out of your ass and get off my case. It was Gio who called the topic profitless, and he isn't part of the staff. (incidentally, by not noticing this little tibdit, you're a little more retarded in my books.)

None of the other staff said anything close to what you accused us of, so... :headshot:

apocalypsemeow
03-28-2006, 06:49 PM

Now then Sepanto...I have a question. How exactly would a mod do their job if they didn't read all the stuff? I mean, they are MODERATORS, therefore, they MODERATE. And, please, I'm curious, have you devised a way for mods to do so without reading the topics? If so, perhaps you could sell this wonderful invention of yours. It would probably be a much more profitablel venture.

Inferi
03-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Spending money on useless things? Research on ending world hunger and poverty are useless endevors, besides the fact that they dont actually help poor and starving people, your never going to be rid of hunger or poverty, you may lessen it but you cant just make it disappear.

the only reason that it looks like a bunch of people daydreaming about something thats never going to happen, is because in here no one uses mathamatics, the math for blackholes and singularities are quite real and very much not far out possibilities.

And no one should be coming in here and bashing the topic, if you cant understand it or dont want to, then you dont have to comment, but the number of posts just saying, "This is stupid" is not good. and no one should be mouthing off at the mods unless they did something wrong, and so far i havent seen any mods do anything wrong. can we please just stay on topic please?

Aura
03-28-2006, 07:23 PM

You know, that's just like asking us you're allowed to remain on the boards. You bother the mods/admins with flame baiting posts like this and they're not banning you, are they? Nobody's pointing a loaded shotgun at your head ordering you to post on DLP.

Xiph0
03-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Spending money on useless things? Research on ending world hunger and poverty are useless endevors, besides the fact that they dont actually help poor and starving people, your never going to be rid of hunger or poverty, you may lessen it but you cant just make it disappear.

How can you dismiss a possibility without anyone having made a legitimate effort?

the only reason that it looks like a bunch of people daydreaming about something thats never going to happen, is because in here no one uses mathamatics, the math for blackholes and singularities are quite real and very much not far out possibilities.

There are numerous Space and Science boards out there that Sepanto can make an ass of himself on.

DLP is a Harry Potter board, and despite this being Life Outside Harry Potter, starting the topic condescending to the rest of us is bad form and doomed this topic from the get go.

And no one should be coming in here and bashing the topic, if you cant understand it or dont want to, then you dont have to comment, but the number of posts just saying, "This is stupid" is not good. and no one should be mouthing off at the mods unless they did something wrong, and so far i havent seen any mods do anything wrong. can we please just stay on topic please?

I agree, its pointless to say "This is stupid", and there Are rules against spam. Accordingly, the mods cannot clean this up unless they actually read the topic.

Profitless is discussing something that wont benefit society. Multiple people have already pointed out that this was incredibly trollish, pointless, yes profitless, doltishly pulled off flamebaiting. Go to another board to discuss these things, or change your attitude.

Want to develop a victim-complex? Then I'll bet 2 muggles, 2 muggles Sree, that your banned within the next month.

DGD
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
To all mods, who can't stand abit of intellectual talk...

Talking down to us like you're so much better is a sure fire way to get smacked. You've pushed your luck to it's limit.

if it bothers you, and makes your heads spin, WHY DO YOU READ IT?

In-case you've lost to many brain cells in the fifteen hours since you made that post to understand what I'm saying, which I wouldn't doubt from the seemingly rapid decrease in intelligence, I'll try to make this as simple as I can.

Moderators moderate the forum. With me so far? Okay, I'm assuming you are, Mod's(short for Moderators) can't moderate without reading most of everything posted. It's our job to read all of the stuff posted, even the crap. Don't expect to insult the staff and have us all give you kudos and agree. You insult us, you insult what we do to keep the board up, running and neat for you posters. What a way to show your appreciation.

You may think it is worthless, but that doesn't give you the right to call it profitless, and pointless.

You generalize all Mods on something that wasn't even said by (no offence Gio) a full Mod? How can you expect us not to classify you as a moron after that?

If you dislike it, no body is sitting with a loaded gun pointed at your head and telling you to read this.

Once again, we need to read what you post, or the board would be a mess. I have to snicker that you're using the same defence for this thread that most slash writers use for their stories.

To wrap this all up, I have but one thing to say to you Sepanto,

-SMACK-

Giovanni
03-28-2006, 08:23 PM

Hmm... Where to begin? So many places, yet so little time. I guess I should start by asking you how you came to the conclusion that I was anti-intellectual. Now of course you will respond by stating that I called the topic profitless.

Which of course I did. I merely stated the truth. Speculation after all IS profitless, and rampant speculation counter-productive. As a poster on the forum, and as an intellectual I felt it necessary to make this comment.

Now quite frankly I am insulted that you would be base enough to decry me as an 'anti-intellectual' and it only shows your own idiocy to do so. Admittedly, I make my fair share of dumbassed posts, but I think you are forgetting the many VALID and well-reasoned arguments I have had on this forum. Arguments that could have dipped into rampant speculation without the citation of numerous sources. For instance my debate several months ago about corporate personhood and the rights granted to google under the United States Constitution, wherein I made my statements, and then provided a little "linky-love" to the text of the Supreme Court Decisions that backed me up. Rather than speculate (as I could have done and as was being done here) I offered up a statement backed up by EVIDENCE!

Perhaps an ignorant mongoloid such as yourself is incapable of formulating an understanding of why one would need to do something like provide information in a debate, so I will take a moment to enlighten you to the concept of "burden of proof". If one makes an assertion, then one has the obligation to provide outside evidence in support of said assertion. This is why at our criminal trials we do not merely drag the defendant in front of the court, read the charges, and pronounce them guilty without weighing the evidence. The accuser, or in this case, the person making the assertion, has to provide EVIDENCE to support their argument (or in this case hypothesis).

Now as for the "making my head spin", far from it. I have read Hawking, and I keep myself up to date on the theoretical side of this argument by reading up on strig theory. I just don't think that speculative debate is profitable, and I see it as a waste of bandwidth. I also see several posters on this forum (they shall remain nameless, but ironically enough both of their names started with the letter S) as wastes of oxygen, and believe that I could find more intelligent conversation if I were to speak to my garden of air plants.

Now, onto your next statement; you are absolutely right, I don't have to read it, however, it is still a waste of bandwidth if people don't cite sources. When I made my initial post, there were several assertions and only one post had a link. I feel I was well within my bounds to do so.

Oh and for the record on that last statement... You don't have to read my posts either.

I bid thee good day ignorant mongoloid scum. Waste bandwidth elsewhere.

-Giovanni

PS. One more thing on the "you can't call it profitless" argument. Bandwidth costs money. In the practical sense of course. Therefore making a thread based on speculation (masquerading as legit debate) which we all know is a waste of bandwidth, is in fact profitless. After all my mongoloid friend, I am sure that even your tiny brain can see that wasting bandwidth (which costs money) is profitless... Hence the word WASTE!

PPS. In case you do not know what the word mongoloid means, I suggest you look it up. Here is a hint, its the definition that ISN'T about asian people.

Dark Syaoran
03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
All I've got to say is that your a retard Sep, obviously, for accusing the wrong people just as Volo did awhile back. No other word for it really...

Antivash
03-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Im going ot be generous and NOT lock this thread, incase anyone wants to continue with civilized conversation, but consider this your only warning.

Mod, Admin, or regular fucking joe, the next person to attack someone in here WILL be banned by me PERSONALLY. I dont fucking care if its Raven, Midknight, Zev, or fucking Apocalypsemeow! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

It has gotten to the point that people attack the staff for doing their job. This is a generalization, so dont anyone go getting pissed that im attacking you perosnally.

This is not, however, saying that you cant come to us if you have a legitiment problem and are willing to discuss it civily, but this trolly and flaming is OVER.

Period.

Sree
03-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Gio...I sincerely hope you weren't talking about me when you said this line: "I also see several posters on this forum (they shall remain nameless, but ironically enough both of their names started with the letter S) as wastes of oxygen, and believe that I could find more intelligent conversation if I were to speak to my garden of air plants."

If I could get that post back, I would, and show you that you never mentioned anything about people posting links or proof. All you said was that it was idiotic to talk about something that's pure speculation.

Bandwidth? Did you seriously just say that? :lol:

Midknight
03-28-2006, 09:24 PM

I beg to differ, I have to lay out buildings and various structures everyday, the amount of angles, distances, take into account the settling/expansion/contraction of steel/concrete/iron, and what not I have to compute in an average hour would choke you.

Saying the folks here don't use math because they don't have their heads up their collective tweed blazer wearing asses studying stuff that at the moment is 70%+ random theory is asinine. Gio's a pain in the ass at times, yet he does robotics stuff on a level far above anything most folks here can think about, it doesn't make us stupid, nor him a god, despite what his banana loving gerbil tells him.

We'll get back on topic shortly, but to say that you'll never solve world hungerand it's pointless to try, but hey, it's perfectly fine to pop wood over time travel theory that'll not happen (us even getting close to one) for 100+ years borders on Slytherin Damian levels of .. ug I'm not even going to go there.

Regardless, my point stands

DGD
03-29-2006, 01:17 AM
This is Sooooooooooooooo retarted :?

Woooosh! How I love the sound of spam being deleted.

~DGD

Dubrichius
03-29-2006, 02:55 AM
I think that the mods and admins are doing a wonderful job. If anyone else would care do disagree with me, just think about how much effort they have to put into this site, trawling through each and every thread and topic, weeding out the useless and overly insulting posts, day in, day out, on top of the lives that they lead outside of this community. It must be increadibly tough, especially with the amount of wierd ideas that are spawned here, the entire mature section comes readily to mind. There was a reason it was previously labled 'Sick and Perverse', the kind of stuff that went in there would make a professional sexual deviant feel uncomfortable. I feel that I must salute the efforts of the moderators, administrators, and everyone else with similar responsibilities. Well done, keep up the magnificent work.

ChuckDaTruck
03-29-2006, 03:01 AM
It has been my experience that the best way to piss off a moderator is to beat them within an inch of their life. I know what you're saying, "Alex, moderators are used to that, in fact most of them don't feel anything anymore."

And in response, I'd say, "You're right." However, most moderators have a terrible fear of being violently killed. If you REALLY want to piss off a moderator go to your local sporting goods store, and buy a standard aluminum baseball bat. Make sure the bat is comfortable for you, as you may want to play softball with it in the future.

Now, a common error is to hit a moderator in the head with the bat. DO NOT DO THIS. The moderator may not FEEL pain, but his body reacts the same way as ours. Scientists believe it is a primitive instinct to pass out after severe head injury that has been carried over from their non-moderator days; its instinctual like a cockaroach that keeps scuttling about after its head is removed. Same premise.

Now, we get into the execution of pissing off a moderator. Some people go for the knee-caps. I say this is lazy. Start at the fingers. This serves two purposes. 1.) It hinders their ability to escape, and 2.) It leaves something to work towards. I say fingers, then feet, followed by knees, etc.

This will usually crack a typical moderator. Sadly, there are cases where an individual posts at a site with a MMM. A Mirthless, Mundane Moderator. These are the worst. Scientists are currently debating whether MMM's are actually human. I personally believe they are, but because of the heated nature of this topic and the strong opinions people tend to have regarding MMM's I will not delve into this issue. It is my understanding that MMM's once DID have human emotions. But whether they're currently human or not could potentially be debated until the end of time. I am not even going to address the controversial assertion that MMM's have actually reached a state of Nirvana. If you are interested in learning more about moderators who have chosen this existence, there are countless articles available for you to peruse at your own leisure.

If you have an MMM, the best you can do is anally rape them. This MIGHT get them pissed off, and has done so on occassion. That said, it would be foolish of me to encourage you in this endeavour and give you false hope. Most MMM's sadly, remain in this state permaneantly. However, don't let this deter you from raping them. Just don't expect any results other than your own pleasure. Thank you for your time, and I hope my suggestions have been helpful.

Sincerely,

Alexander P. Bronkswell, Professor of III (Internet Influence on Imbeciles) at Hoonkla University

:D :D :D

Midknight
03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Chuck please don't make me kill you.

parselmaster
03-30-2006, 12:54 AM
I'd help you Midknight.

I used to moderate at another site before the server crashed. So a way to piss the staff off would be to crash the server. :x There, now we are back on topic unless everyone chooses to ignore my post.