1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Joe: GOD OF FAN FICTION?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Nytmare, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

hey all!
    just want to let you guys and girls know about JOE
    Now joe is God of fan fiction, and while it may not be a dark fic you should all read his stuff, two stories are posted on schnoolge and then join his yahoo group for book 3.
    Sword of a hero is book one
    Defiance of a hero is book two
    Soul of a hero is book three and is a writing in progress

seriously, this guy is good, his trilogy is massive and he updates regularly and Never ever has pansy sized chapters.
    http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Joe6991/

try it out man, It's damn good.

2. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

I'm reading it right now, after it being recommended in AYLNO forum, but I'm not exactly blown away. It's well thought, and nice to read, but spelling mistakes bug me. I mean if the guy writes that he's having it rechecked and I can find the mistakes then that makes me feel dissapointed. The plus is it's really long, I guess one just gets hooked after reading more of it [am in like chapter 17], so there's hope.

3. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

This is an old thread I know but I thought people might want to know that Joe has been posting fiction under a different pseudonym at ff.net.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/881371/ is the author bio of the name he has been using. Don't know if he has fans here, though Nytmare obviously is.

As for the story I'm not sure of the quality or the direction it takes. It is post HBP and judging from what I have read of his trilogy he his a H/G shipper. I'd have a look at it before posting but I just don't have the time at the moment, so I'll let someone else be the judge.

Personally I couldn't finish his trilogy, it just gets too far into the realms of super-uber-powerful!Harry for my taste. Though yes, he is a good writer.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I dropped his triology before it even started, right after that awful duel between Gryffindor and Slytherin...

Stupefy? Expelliarmus? WTF!! It's the Godric fucking Gryffindor, one of the greatest wizards of all times, not some fucking school boy!!!

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Err... I'm like 99.44% sure that fanfiction.net address is not him. I haven't read that "fireoftwilight" fella's story, but that sounds odd and unJoelike. Joe6991 has been working on his trilogy like super long time now, and it is HUGE. Don't trust the first half dozen chapters of the first story. He's gotten so much better, those simply don't compare. Harry's powers grow in between the 10th or so chapter until the end of the first book, where he's not quite yet a match for Voldie. The second book takes place in an alternate dimension, and is hands down, easily the best alternate dimension book I've ever read. But it does go a bit over the top GOD-like Harry. Even still, Chapter 6, of the second book Defiance of the Hero, is the best action/battle chapter I've ever found in all fanfiction. And Joe6991 is hands down the best action/battle sequence author I've ever read.

I've never suggested anything because it's Harry/Ginny and I don't know how well that'd float for you. The first few chapters of the first book I think are Harry/Padma though. Great early escape/flight on broom sequence.

You can find all his stuff at his Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hero_trilogy/

Sword of the Hero = Book 1
    Defiance of the Hero = Book 2
    Soul of the Hero = Book 3

There's like zero Harry/Ginny in the second book, if that helps (it's another world and not the Ginny he knows. She ain't evil/whorish/weird, he's just got an army to command and a weaker Voldemort to seriously fuck-up, than to spend time on fascimile)...

Soul of the Hero because of "Hero" trilogy... that fireoftwilight is a Soul of Chaos and is postHBP. Just seems odd.

Truth be told though, I am like a half dozen chapters behind in the third book, but I seriously doubt I'm not going to love it still. Massive, epic storyline stuff of Good vs. Evil. And a seriously bad-ass Harry.

6. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Nonjon, I pobably should have been more clear in my post. The information about the new username is from words typed by Joe himself on his Yahoo! Group.

I checked one of my old email addresses last night and the above is a portion of one of top messages in my inbox. Not been in that email for ages and forgot I was even a member of the group to be honest.

7. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

My apologies. Hadn't even read the yahoogroup in a while.

Will give the story a shot for sure now. I'd only scanned down the first chapter and saw at the bottom "Hello everyone. This is my first attempt at writing anything so please be brutally honest and tear it apart if it is rubbish", as well as all the other things I said, and assumed it wasn't Joe.

Yay! Something for me to read later.

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I read up to the middle of the third story, where the demons offer Harry Earth if he doesn't interfere with the war between the Guardians and them. After that, I dunno, I kind of got tired of it. I mean, I like all the darkness in the fic, but I feel he went way overboard.

9. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

meh.. the action scenes in Defiance make up for that and the H/G tho... There's barely any of the ginslut in Defiance except in passing, and the showdown with Allarius is just WHOA!

I swear, if someone makes a movie of that scene, it'll be so kickass not even nonjon could laugh at it!. (no offense to any parties whatsoever)