1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help achieving immortality and a eventual fatality

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by madeyemoody, Apr 29, 2006.

1. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Hello all,

I am trying to write a story but have hit a snag...I dont know how to give voldemort a way of immortality other than a horcrux.(I hate horcruxes). I looked to other stories but even tolkien uses this method. So any ideas would be greatful, other than tying your soul to a physical object :x Also I need a way that it can be undone by harry of course

Note: I will not take your idea without your expressed permission

Thanks,
    moody

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

look into putting some sort of preservation charm/enchantment on his telomerase

Clicky

Basically you start with a fresh batch of cells, and as each cell divides/repairs itself, the telo breaks down over time, making each cell worse of them what it was to start with, causing aging.

Couple that with magical healing being able to repair seemingly everything with relative ease, and you have a sort of immortality from normal aging

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is all soul magic out? Or just horcruxes? Because you could make it so that he has no soul whatsoever, but somehow has found a way to keep going without one...Harry just has to disrupt this method.

You could have him stealing the life forces of the people he kills, or perhaps he could have done twisted experiments on phoenixes to see what keeps them going, then have duplicated the effect somehow (without the re-births of course - or maybe you could make him have to do a re-birth ceremony like the graveyard once in a while) with dark magic...

He could have found another philosophers stone...someone must have made one other than Flammel, and who exactly is going to destroy one once it's made (other than Dumbledore that is)?

Generally though, I would say that there are two routes to immortality, the dark arts, and potions.

4. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

No, not in the slightest

These are good ideas,but in my story harry travels in the footsteps of voldemort and learns from voldemorts old masters in hopes of finding his key to immortality thus being able to kill him. I'm basically trying to make a very dark and serious story along the same basis as "Make A Wish" by Rorschach's Blot (It will have no character similarities and few situational similarities only identifiable similarities are what countries my harry and Mr. Black visit) I need something that can be woven into this plot which voldemort learned and my harry finds the means to counter so there it is....

5. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

Well you could always say that when a person dies theyr'e soul and magic are asimilated into the earth's magic and once the soul and magic are asimilated the earth can take no more of that magic. Now voldemort could break off a piece of his soul and give some magic to the earth. The earth, thinking that he is dead cannot except his remaining magic or soul. Because his slot is full. So that when ever his body is destroyed he can,t be accepted back into the earth because his 'Slot in death is already filled. So he doesn't die.
    The way that Harry could defeat him is that he offers up his 'Slot' in moving on and forces voldemort into it. Then kills him and voldemort is asimilated into the earth in harry's place leaving harry to be immortal unless you can find a loophole in my idea. Feel free to use it.