1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World Of War Craft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gamblor, May 1, 2006.

1. Gamblor

Gamblor Second Year

OK I don't know if something has been posted about this cause I just read the titles of the threads if so delete.

OK I am tossing up if I should buy World of War Craft or not. I am a HUGE fan of the originals and think this looks good to. Looks different from the others in that you are only 1 person and not an army, More like diablo than the original WC's. The reason I am not buying it now is that you have to constantly buy top up card to play online. So my question here to anyone that has it or has played it is...

Is it worth the money...
    Does it matter that I'm buying it 1 year ofter it came out (Like will all the other online player be super powerful and crush me)
    What the online play like (The quality of other players)
    And most importantly is ther anyone in my time area (New Zealand) also very close to SE asia and a few hours 5 or 6 from west coast of usa. That can vouch for how many players are online at out time of day since most of sates and europe tend to be Work/school/sleep when i'm online in the evening.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yes it's worth the money, and you'll probably be playing it for 6-8 months before you take a break.

Don't play PVP servers and you won't have to worry about folks way ahead of you killing you every time you go into a zone thats not 100% your faction.

The folks ahead of you will be rerolling alts, flooding the auction houses with alot of decent stuff usually.

It's not anything remotely like the original Warcraft games, only the storyline and some of the characters have carried over. That being said, it's by far the best Warcraft game for me, I only stopped playing due to time constraints, and at the time (feb 05) I'd done most of the stuff available.

Now there's a great deal more stuff to do, that'll keep you busy for at least 8 months if you're a hardcore player, longer if not.

The sheer amount of servers available to me from the US, finding players was never a problem. I had the most fun playing on Dragonmaw PVP server as an undead rogue shortly after launch, I still have my first kill archived on DVD and will never forget the thrill. =P

3. Bungler

Bungler Guest

World of Warcraft is one of the most boring online rpgs out there. The only thing you do is hack away on monsters, lvl. but thats when I tested it maby it has impoved.

And the pvp system sucks if what I heard is right. Characters lvl60 can go around and kill chars at lvl10 if they in a pvp zone run into them, and I wouldt play a online game with no system for pvp cuz if you dont get to test you're char agenst others it wouldt be any fun when you get to the higher lvls.

4. Midknight

heh the game has changed so much since initial release, much less test phase it's not even funny. Calling it the most boring out there is mind boggling, you must not of ever tried Ever-camp.. er I mean Everquest.

There's nothing wrong with the game, it's hands down the best fantasy themed MMORPG out period. I say fantasy, b/c I haven't tried City of Heroes.

5. Bungler

Bungler Guest

Hmm... Is there somthing to do after you get the max lvl?? What I heard the pvp system sucks and there isent much to do exept create a new char and when you get to the max lvl with that char its over and over till you die of boredom. I wouldent be able to play a game like that for to long but some people dont even like rpg games so Im not going to tell you what you like.

Might test it if its gotten better and theres some new things to do exept lvl and bad pvp... Wont even test it if theres bad pvp.

6. Midknight

when I left they'd added alot of high level content like raids, with more to come.

These games are what you put into it, sure you can grind mindlessly, or you can grab a guild and play with others and make the game less about leveling and more about questing of having fun. WoW remains the only mmorpg I've played where questing is usually worth the time you put into it.

Save for the craft system which I didn't overly care for, which was supposed to be revamped , everything else was peachy

7. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

I'm playing FFXI and found it to be more enjoyable and nicer to look at than WoW. I played city of heroes too but I just feel like taking a break from it. I'm on occasionally only because it's paid until June.

8. Gamblor

Gamblor Second Year

Well I just brought it and am going to install it tomorrow (not enough time tonight) So I guess i'll soon find out if listening to Mid is wise or not :mrgreen:

9. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

If you like long missions where you have to bring someone back 5 lizard gallbladders then you found the right game.

10. Midknight

FF11 I found to be so infested with the asian money farmer it's economy was screwed and I couldn't bear to stick around even on a friends account watching him mess around with this little midget thing.