1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Fall of the Sith - Souderwan - T - Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by mknote, May 11, 2011.

1. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

Title: Fall of the Sith
    Author: Souderwan
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Drama
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 27
    Words: 83,710
    Updated: June 9, 2006
    Published: May 18, 2006

Summary: Mace Windu makes a critical decision in the Chancellor's Office that changes the outcome of the entire SW saga. Note: This story starts from a point in Matthew Stover's RotS novelization and borrows heavily, at times, from the text in that book.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2945228/1/Fall_of_the_Sith

This is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best Star Wars fanfics I've ever read. As it says in the description, it borrows quite heavily from the text of Stover's novelization, and it does so masterfully. It's chock full of imagery, it flows beautifully, and is vividly described. It has its moments of humor, of course, but I think that it is just as dark as RotS on the whole. This is one of the few fics I give a 5/5. It has a sequel that wasn't nearly as good and is now abandoned, as well as a prequel that I haven't read.

As a side note, this is the first of several Star Wars fics I've been meaning to rec for some time.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. azrael

azrael Professor

I know I've read this before, and enjoyed it, but I can't remember if I found it on my own or if it was recced on DLP before. Either way, I agree with the above. This story is excellent, but the sequel is not. 5/5

3. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

The entire dragon thing reminded me of the Monster in Harrys chest that everyone in DLP made fun of for a while. Entire story seems silly really. Maybe the story material is just not for me, but I didn't like this. Light side too passive, the dragon in Anakin chest, not pretending the prequels don't exist, and some of the most meaningless dark/light side discussion I have ever read.

Stopped reading at the end of chapter 13 when Yoda and everyone else just sat there when Mace killed another master.

4. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

I read this a while back (found it on my own, out of boredom) and found it a pretty decent read. It has problems, as smile pointed out, but it will, for the most part, hold the attention of a bored reader. I'd rate it 3.5/5, and round up. So, my vote is 4/5.