1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Fallout: Equestria by Kkat - M - MLP FiM x Fallout

Discussion in 'My Little Pony' started by ZombieHunter, May 28, 2011.

1. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

Title: Fallout Equestria
    Author: Kkat
    Rating: M
    Genre: Grimdark, Crossover edit: (Adventure, Drama?)
    DLP Category: Misc
    Pairing: None so far
    Summary: Fallout. With ponies! Set in an alternate future, one pony must learn to survive in a blasted, poisoned land... and possibly, with the aid of friends made along the way, bring new light into the darkness of post-apocalyptic Equestria.

Link: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-fallout-equestria.html

I am only on chapter 3 at the moment, but it has been very entertaining.

So here goes the one Brony charge into DLP.

Checked by Minion, February 11, 2017
    Yes, it's still there - now with audiobook and even more fanart.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2017
  2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I was unaware that MLP stands for My Little Pony. I state it here as a fair warning. What a bizarre two universes to crossover. And the genre is "grimdark". WTF?

I'll wait for braver DLPers to take a chance on this first.

3. Grieftool

Grieftool Squib

What... is... this.. I never..
    I said Burn it. :fire

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just saying that I haven't read it yet, but plan to once I wake up, but also that you shouldn't dismiss it out of hand just because the crossover is with the My Little Pony TV series.

As much as it shames me to admit it, I have watched the series and it is surprisingly awesome, with well defined and rounded characters, interesting plots and a detailed back story. It has everything that goes into making a good show, and while it may be a little too fluffy for some tastes, it does genuinely appeal to all ages rather than just the 6-10 female demographic. Think of it more like the first two seasons of Spongebob Squarepants for target demographics than traditional My Little Pony related shit.

I'll update with a rating in 12 hours or so, if I'm not too hungover.

5. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The reason it's a step up from today's run of the mill cartoons is because the creator of PPG made this. She tends to have a talent of making cartoon series you hate yourself for enjoying.

It probably doesn't hurt that with cartoon quality being so low, when something with even a dash of quality comes along it gets noticed rather fast.

That being said I couldn't get into it. Unlike PPG it just didn't have enough unnecessary violence and destruction to offset all the pink fluffy sparkles.

6. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

Fallout: Equestria By Kkat - M - MLP:FiM/Fallout

Title: Fallout: Equestria
    Author: Kkat
    Rating:M
    Genre: Drama/General
    Fandom: MLP:FiM + Fallout
    Summary: Fallout. With ponies! Set in an alternate future, one pony must learn to survive in a blasted, poisoned land... and possibly, with the aid of friends made along the way, bring new light into the darkness of post-apocalyptic Equestria.

Link: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-fallout-equestria.html

After reading an excellent MLP/Dresden crossover that was posted to the site, I went looking for something as inspired - and this is awesome. Well written and a nice meshing of the worlds that manages to capture their spirit (leaning towards Fallout).

5/5 from me, not just for the story but also the extra content you'll see on the page; the Animated Comic was very well done.

7. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I took a look at it, and it's quite good. The writing is solid, the characters are interesting, and the plot is reasonably engaging. Plus, it's a little thing, but I'm amused by the fact that the main character gets level-up stats at the end of some of the chapters (complete with ponified perk names).

It's definitely dominated by the Fallout elements, especially when it comes to the overall tone of the story; Raider-ponies getting blown away with shotguns isn't really in-tune with original flavor MLP:FiM. I don't think anyone on DLP will complain about a fic being Grimdark though.

At the rate MLP fics have been cropping up lately, we might end up having to add a My Little Pony section to the Library. :nyan:

8. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

9. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

Yes god yes. Everything in this story is at the very least good, but the way the FiM cast is seamlessly integrated into World War Pony is pure :awesome. The blend of Ponies and Fallout is surprisingly palatable: raiders with cutie marks of flayed corpses, billboards declaring 'Better Wiped than Striped', and ray guns that render anything struck into sparkling pink ash.

And how can you argue with this:
    [​IMG]

That said, the comic sucked.

10. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

Already recommended it. Didn't get many positive reactions despite the story being overwhelmingly epic. I again say 5/5.

11. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Between the high rating it's gotten so far and the fact that it got binned 5 months back on the basis of reviews that largely consisted of "haven't read it, but I'm going to say it sucks and give it 1/5 anyway" I'd say it more than merits a second look.

12. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Threads merged.

Oh, the good 'ol times, five months ago, when no one in here knew what MLP stands for.

That said:
    Dark Syaoran moved the original thread into the Recycling Bin just two weeks ago. Is your memory that bad?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  13. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

PPG?

I haven't watched any MLP (thanks DLP for familiarizing me with that acronym) yet but I have debated giving it a try once I have time. It's been suggested to me by a few people who told me that I'd like it if I liked The Last Airbender, but it looks rather different.

14. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Powerpuff Girls

15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Thanks yak. That's not really a point in favor of MLP:FiM for me though -- the few episodes I saw of Powerpuff Girls I did not like much.

On the other hand I just read the Dresden/MLP cross-over and the first 5 chapters posted of that were fairly engaging. Guess I'll have to watch the show sometime and see.

Edit: Now I can't figure out where the hell I got the link for the Dresden/MLP fic from. I wanted to go rate/review it but damned if I can find the thread. Unless I got it from IRC and it hasn't actually been rec'd yet, wtf?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Son of a bitch I hate you all. Fallout and My Little Ponies. :| I hope your grandparents get raped by a god damned Supermutant.

On that note: Fuck you too, John DeLancy. Q. Mother fucking Q. is in an episode of MLP?

17. Censure

Censure First Year

Quick search on FF.net crossovers says you're probably talking about http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7369050/1/The_Dresden_Fillies_Strange_Friends, which is pretty much the only fic there and has 5 chapters.

As for this...honestly, really engaging, massively long, and well plotted. I've seen maybe 3 episodes of the show in question, but read this entire story and have to give it 5/5.

18. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Awesome line.

19. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Read it. Liked the way it blended My Little Pony and Fallout so well - something fucking hard to do. Hated the fact that it blended Fallout and My Little Pony. Also, a lot of other shit.

3/5 purely for quality of writing.

also:
    If this happens, I'm going to rage forever.

20. Dagro

Dagro DA Member

Lets go with DarkLittlePony.net! :nyan: