1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Under One Roof by Sarapsys - T (Death Note)

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Bittersweet Freedom, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Bittersweet Freedom

Bittersweet Freedom Second Year

Title: Under One Roof
    Author: Sarapsys
    Rating: T
    DLP Category: Death Note
    Pairings: None
    Summary: Wammy's House, in 60 patchworked ficlets from the perspectives of students and staff.
    Link

Modeled in a fashion after Ender's Game excellent book that if you haven't already read, you should). This is what happens when you put a group of manipulative genius kids under one roof and make them compete against each other. Though to be honest, before I read this I use to hate L's successors because I always felt that they were just rip-offs of L and made his quirks less unique. This story however really made me sympathize with them.
    The majority of the cast are OCs, and while normally I loathe OCs, I actually find myself liking some of them more than the actual DN characters. o_O

I should also warn you: different character for each chapter (though some characters may have another later on) and the chapters skip around in the time frame (some of you may not like this, but I did). This fic is for people who like introspective fics centered around daily life (however this fic is anything but boring; it's everyday life at Whammy's with the most interesting OCs ever - I mean these kids are so odd)

4/5.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain some input on this one.

Within the last 3 months this fic got only one vote and no reviews - and I hesitate to move it into the library based on that.

Thanks.

3. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

I've read the first three chapter and it's... kinda odd really. I just don't know what to make of it. The dialogue is good, very good. It's frantic and rushed, the way you expect people who've known eachother for ages to talk and the descriptions are done quite well, but I honestly have no idea what's happening half of the time.

I'll read a bit more before I make my decision but so far it's looking like a 4/5.

4. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

Double post because it seems more productive to bump it.

I like it, it's honestly a great fic. It's rather fluffy in it's own way but that's fine with me. The only real problem I have with it is that the author sometimes leaves the 'is's and some other S's out of the dialogue, like right here:

That can get a bit annoying, but other than that minor complaint it's still great.

5/5