1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Jul 31, 2011.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

DEATH EATERS
    A Harry Potter-themed Mafia variant....

[​IMG]

The community of Hogsmeade has stood peaceful for nearly a decade. The sole fully magical village in all of Great Britain, it lies in the shadow of the greatest institution for magical learning in all of Europe. I of course speak of Hogwarts.

Yet Hogwarts is of no concern to me at present. Too many strange things have been happening within the village. Disappearances near the Shrieking Shack; strange rumors of a Black Arts revival--and for the first time since You-Know-Who himself walked these streets, there is talk that the unfortunate passing of one of our own may not have been so accidental. That the untimely demise of Mrs. Tamsin Hargrove of No. 7 Spire Street may have been the work of darker forces.

I can only hope these rumors prove untrue....

Overview:
    Death Eaters is a Mafia variant (Flash Tutorial on Game Play: "Mafia"). It can be played on a forum, over IRC, in StarCraft II and in real life. It is between two teams: the uninformed majority and the informed minority. At the beginning of the game, each player is told their role by the Game Host.

The Villagers are told they are apart of the village and their role. They do not know who the other villagers are (unless otherwise stated) and are only aware of their own role. To win, all the Death Eaters must be killed. During the day phase, all players (Death Eaters included) can vote on a single individual to be "Kissed" or removed from play.

The Death Eaters are told their role in addition to the roles of all other Death Eaters. They must work together to carefully get rid of the villagers until they are the majority group within Hogsmeade (and voting during the day phase is made irrelevant). During the night phase of the game, they can work together to kill a villager.

Night and Day Phase:
    The game will begin during day. During day phases, the villagers will be able to use the thread to communicate and discuss who among them is guilty and should be Kissed. At any time a villager may submit a single vote to have another villager Kissed. When a person in Hogsmeade receives a simple majority of votes at any point in time, they are removed from play and their role is revealed. Players may rescind their vote at any time (when a majority has not been reached) and cast it for someone else (so long as it is day phase). They cannot rescind their vote after a majority is reached against one player. If a majority of votes is not reached against one player by the end of the day phase, no one is Kissed.

During the night phase, discussion in the thread is prohibited. Death Eaters can collude via PMs and can PM the Game Host the individual they want to kill. Roles (such as Healer, Investigator or Role-Blocker) may additionally be used during this time.

At the beginning of the next day phase, if a person was killed, their name and role is identified by the Game Host and the process starts anew.

Possible Roles*
    Villagers of Hogsmeade
    Wizard or Witch (value: 1) (max: unlimited):
    Role is similar to Citizen in normal games of Mafia. Wizards or witches have no special abilities. They can vote during the day on who shall be Kissed.
    Abilities
    None​

Order Member (value: 2 or 2.5) (max: 2 or 3):
    Role is similar to Mason in normal games of Mafia. Members of the Order of the Phoenix have the ability to communicate with other Members and so are thus aware of at least one other confirmed villager.
    Abilities
    - Communication with other Order Members via PMs​

Tags in Hat
    2-Man Order of the Phoenix (value: 4)
    3-Man Order of the Phoenix (value: 7.5)

Healer (value: 3) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Doctor in normal games of Mafia. Healers have the unique ability to target one individual for "protection" during the night phase of the game. Individuals who are being protected by a Healer cannot be killed. Healers can however be role-blocked, thus nullifying their protection powers for the evening. Healers additionally cannot target themselves for protection.
    Abilities
    - Can target one individual each evening making them invulnerable​

Auror (value: 4) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Cop or Investigator in normal games of Mafia. The Auror has the ability to investigate any of the players. During night phases, they can target a single individual to find out whether that person is a Death Eater. Aurors can be role-blocked, making their investigative ability useless for the evening.
    Abilities
    - Can investigate one villager each evening to see if he or she is a Death Eater​

Death Eaters of Hogsmeade (max: !> 25% of total players)
    Death Eater (value: 4.5) (max: !> 25% of total players):
    Role is similar to Mafioso in normal games of Mafia. They can communicate with other Death Eaters and are able to vote on a single villager to kill each night.
    Abilities
    - Communication with other Death Eaters via PMs
    - Can vote to target a villager to be killed during night phase​

Sorcerer or Sorceress (value: 5) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Consort in normal games of Mafia. The Sorcerer or Sorceress is a role-blocker. They can target one individual each night and prevent them from using any of their abilities. Additionally, they can communicate with other Death Eaters and vote on a single villager each evening to be disposed of.
    Abilities
    - Can target one individual each evening, preventing them from using any of their abilities
    - Can vote to target a villager to be killed during night phase​

Dark Lord (value: 5.5) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Godfather in normal games of Mafia. The Dark Lord is the strongest Death Eater role. If targeted for investigation during the night, the Dark Lord will appear to be a villager. If consensus on who to kill cannot be reached by the other Death Eaters, the Dark Lord can step in at the last moment (see rules) to determine a target.
    Abilities
    - Will appear as Villager when investigated by Auror
    - Can vote to target a villager to be killed during night phase
    - Can determine which villager to target for kill if no consensus reached​

*Certain roles may not be drawn for a particular game. Slots are randomly drawn and players are randomly assigned a role via the use of a generator designed for Mafia games (link: here).

General Information/Rules for TL;DR
    - During the day, everyone can post whatever accusations they like.
    - During the night, posts are prohibited (thread will likely be locked).
    - Players who cheat or violate rules will be killed and removed from play (their roles revealed).
    - Voting during the day is done as follows: Vote Player: [Player Name] without brackets. Must be in bold. Must be in this thread. It is a public vote. I will update with a tally whenever possible.
    - To rescind a vote, write Rescind Vote and then start the process anew.

Only the following (17) individuals have permission to participate in this thread:

Ashaya, Dark Minion, DarkDeoxys, Havoc, Kang, Lion, Lord Anarchy, Lutris, Merrill II (Game Host), Rehio, Riley Poole, Scrittore, Space Ghost, Tenages, The Berkeley Hunt, Vira and Xiph0.

All other individuals will have their posts deleted.

Day 1 begins 30 July 2011 at 10:00PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) and will conclude at 10:00PM EST on 31 July 2011.

Day 1 begins

[​IMG]

16 people remaining; 9 votes to feed to Dementor.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Havoc is one tricky son of a bitch....he's got to be a Death Eater.

3. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

I support this. He's always been a shady dude. But then Xiph0 just screams "Dark Lord so....

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Nah, Xiph0 is too obvious. The Dark Lord would never show off his dark powers. He must be hiding in plain view, under the innocent garb of... KANG!

Confess to your sins, Kang. :mad:

5. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Surely the Ministry would protect us from any Death Eaters.

6. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

The Monsters Are Due On Spire Street.

Ash
  7. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

Clearly, the first shot taken by ashaya was simply to put a blame on somebody. I would like to inform the public that: first, I am not a Death Eater, as a few of you would like to believe, secondly, Ashaya is the Death Eater on the premise that her first accusation has no basis. Finally, I'm just way too awesome to be a Death Eater.

8. Ash

Someone had to be brave and accuse someone! Bravery is not a Death Eater trait....the real Death Eater would be lurking in the background, hoping for no one to guess his secret identity. Lutris is here, yet he hasn't said a word. I wonder why.

9. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Well, I would vote Ashaya, not because she's a death eater, but because she's a woman. But, I think it would be more fun to axe a moderator first, such as Xipho because I have no clue how to pronounce his name (zipho or ziphozero?) An opportunity like this doesn't come by every day.

10. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Supporting Havoc here, since I'm pretty sure he is not a Death Eater. And Ashaya has got to be a Death Eater if she starts trying to misdirect right off the bat. Also, the Dark Lord needs a female henchwoman, and my bets on her.

11. Tenages

Why would the Dark Lord want a female henchwoman? She'd just end up getting killed by a housewife :p Clearly any new Dark Lord would learn from that example, ruling out Ashaya. And seriously Havoc? Isn't that what Death Eaters wish to spread? I see through your weak disguise sir.

12. Rehio

High Score:
    The blind support from Berkeley concerns me. He has no way of knowing Havocs loyalty, yet he's puts his faith in him?

Honestly, shouldn't the ministry just distribute Veritaserum to solve this silly problem? I'd certainly be willing to take a dose.

13. Anarchy

Well, bandwagoning and taking out a possible scapegoat is a sure sign of a death eater, so Havoc + Berkeley hunt? or maybe just Berkeley hunt and since Ashaya was the first person to make an accusation, it would be obvious that killing the first to make an accusation would be an attempt to divert attention from the real death eater, which is probably just Berkeley, and Havoc is just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Or maybe all three of you are death eaters, trying to confuse everyone, and trying to pin the blame on Xiph0. Or perhaps its Vera, for protecting Xiph0 since both of them are Death Eaters. Or, perhaps its Tenages trying to divert off himself by pinning it on xiph0. Or maybe its Rehio trying to divert attention of himself by blaming Tenages, so its really Rehio + Havoc? But Rehio does have a good point, it could be Berkeley Hunt, and all signs so far point to that. I don't trust any of you fuckers.

14. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Regardless, as hard-working, loyal followers of the Ministry, we should clearly vote out Vira, on the basis that her Mamoswine is evil.

/Pokefag

15. Ash

Lutris has a point. Vira is overly competent. She also stated, quite suspiciously, now that I reread,

I think that we do not have a Dark Lord, but a Dark LADY, and her name is Vira....she is protecting Xiph0 who is a Death Eater.

Actually! Kang could be a Death Eater as well, if Vira is a truly devious Dark Lady, she would accuse an actual Death Eater in the hopes of throwing us off the scent. :S :S

Who knows who we can trust....

16. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

With what I have read so far:

Dark Lady: Ashaya
    Death Eaters: Lutris, Vira, Rehio.

17. Rehio

High Score:
    What's your reasoning here?

18. Anarchy

Wait, Vera's a girl? More than enough evidence for me to convict her.

19. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I think fuck you.

20. Tenages

But you have DARK in your name!! Game, set, match, ladies and gentlemen. Deoxys must be a Death Eater.