1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Thu'um of A Distant Utopia by Deviate's Fish - T - Elder Scrolls:Skyrim/FSN crossover

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by tragicmat1, Dec 28, 2011.

1. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Title:Thu'um of A Distant Utopia [Skyrim Crossover]
    Author: deviatesfish
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Chapters: 4 (ff.net)
    Words: 26,713 (ff.net)
    Updated: April 17, 2012 (ff.net) July 12, 2012 (Beast's Lair)
    Published: November 23, 2011

Fandom: FSN/Skyrim
    Pairings: N/A
    Summary: Author did not post one :/
    Link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1325-Thu-um-of-A-Distant-Utopia-Skyrim-Crossover
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7577193/1/Thuum_of_bA_b_bDistant_b_bUtopia_b

So, the fact that it's FSN/Skyrim means it automatically gets to be read just to see if it's any good. And my expectations are met! It gets a 5/5 from me. This is a story of Arturia in Skyrim :p The writing is solid, some grammar mistakes but not noticeable. Starts out similar to Skyrim starting area, but quickly changes into pure awesomeness (dragons). Characters are depicted nicely right now, and it's definitely a good read.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. logiccosmic

logiccosmic DA Member

Agreed; been reading this since it started, and it looks like Fish won't just repeat the stations of canon, like in half the bloody crossovers, ever. I'm looking forward to anything related to Exaclibur, being a King, and more kicking the damn Thalmor's ass.

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm definitely liking it for having Arturia really jump into a leadership role, since I always felt like the Dragonborn ought to be a leader instead of a just badass lone wanderer.

4. Mog

Mog DA Member

5. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Looking pretty cool so far. Not enough to put a rating on it just yet though.

6. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Surprisingly good.

7. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

The reason I didn't post the ff link was that there's only two chapters there. It's significantly behind the one in Beastlair, so I would read that one instead.

8. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

There are more chapters elsewhere? I've been wanting to post this here for some time now, but have held off because of it only having two chapters. 5/5

9. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It has a lot of potential, but there isn't enough to rate yet. The extra content on the Beast's Lair forum isn't quite a chapter's worth.

10. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Sometimes Arturia's dialogue sounds very awkward, like the author is trying to hard. Sometimes, it's perfect. And sometimes, it's a little too much (poetic... grandiose, I suppose?), with too much repetition in certain descriptions. All in all, I like this a lot, and I'm not one for FSN, or should I say, my experience with it is limited to that fantastic HP crossover we all know and love, and the shit I googled to find out who in the hell Arturia was. I'm definitely a Skyrim freak though, and this works nicely.

4/5. Small imperfections are jarring compared to the rest of it, but the vast majority is good enough that the occasional awkward dialogue is overshadowed.

And there are 3 chapters now.

11. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I am absolutely loving this story and I hope the author will stick to it. Love Saber in this. Since I mostly watched / dealt with Fate Zero, Saber was constantly overshadowed by people like Rider and Archer which let me to forget how awesome she is too.

That said, a crossover with Fate Zero, where it is Rider who ends up in Skyrim and goes on his way to conquer it and any countries bordering it would be awesome too.

12. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

This.

The author should write like, 3 retakes of the fic.

Arturia.

Alexander.

And motherfucking Gilgamesh.

"You dare try to execute me? Me, who is descended from the heavens!? You have just sealed your doom, mongrel!"

13. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Thing is, Rider's run would probably be very similar to Saber's to what we see in the first few chapters although his personality would allow for enough changes to be interesting and entertaining.

I can just imagine him proclaiming his title and name when he is asked, though, I wonder if they would believe him, since I am not sure how his charisma works.

Gilgamesh, without his powers and without the gate of babylon, would probably fare worse than the other two. With them, it would be just a killingspree across Skyrim.

That said, Diarmund would be interesting too.

14. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

New update although it's just a few paragraphs. Don't really have much to say about it as it's so short and nothing really happens.

15. deviatesfish

deviatesfish Squib

Hello.

Lungs told me I should post here first, so here I am. I'm not sure what to say--I haven't had any sleep in the last 36 hours--but I added a pretty big update to the story today on fanfiction.net.

I'm sorry if I shouldn't have posted here, I'm rather new at all this and it's my first time posting here on this forum. I am a little afraid, I guess. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the update.

16. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

This is the perfect place to post, Deviate's Fish. I saw that big update on ff.net, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. It's good to see you here. Welcome to DLP!

17. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Welcome to DLP Deviate's Fish, glad to see that you've been convinced to join :p. Feel free to post new stuff over in Misc Work by Author, as that's where F/SN, and hopefully some pokemon, stuff is normally posted. Since it was Lungs' that was the one to bring you here, I have to recommend that you have a look through the epic IRC thread for some amusing posts. Finally, I do hope to see you around on the DLP IRC channels.

18. deviatesfish

deviatesfish Squib

Thanks, I'll do that.

19. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Welcome to DLP, and thanks for the update! Always great to have the author of a fic join. =)

20. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Welcome to DLP, hope you brought lube!