1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Aeon Entelechy Evangelion by EarthScorpion - M - Evangelion/Cthulu Mythos

Discussion in 'Evangelion' started by Zephyrus, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Endlessly Tilting Windmills

Title: Aeon Entelechy Evangelion
    Author: EarthScorpion
    Rating: M
    Genre: Sci-Fi/Horror
    Fandom: Lovecraftian Mythos/Evangelion
    Pairings: None mentioned (So far)
    Chapters: 20
    Words: 301,798
    Updated: August 7, 2012
    Published: March 22, 2010

Summary - Dystopia. Utopia. Mankind's dabbling into the unknowable. But at the end of the world, as the beleaguered forces of humanity stand against uncounted horrors, what can one boy do? And that is not dead which can eternal lie... Rewrite of Aeon Natum Engel
    Link: Fanfiction.net

I must say, this fic is an AWESOME mish-mash of "...blended Evangelion, Macross, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Guyver, all served up in a nice Cthulhu Mythos sorbet." You think that sounds inconceivable and downright ridiculous? I did too, until curiosity got the better of me. To my surprise, this fic reads like a good cyberpunk/space opera novel. Though the techno-jargon and slang was little confusing at first, I found myself understanding most of it within 5 chapters or so (Google is sexy, man).

This is a very, very promising fic and I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment. It's inspired me to learn more about the Lovecraft universe, of which until today I have remained largely ignorant.

Edit: Yes, I'm quite aware that this is a rewrite. I thought it deserved its own thread for those of you who may not be aware that there WAS a rewrite in progress.

4/5 stars from me.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Or, you know, a crossover between Cthulhutech and Evangelion.

3. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I haven't read either yet, but they're both in my NGE folder.

Both this story, and Aeon Natum Engel have their own TVTropes pages. Spoiler warnings for those pages, of course, apply.

4. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I read partway into Aeon Natum and the first chapter of the remake. I've had it filed away for further reading for a while now, but like a lot of things I just haven't gotten around to it.

It was very interesting, though I suspect the author's found a way to make Evangelion even more depressing than usual considering what he's crossed it over with.

5. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

The first story had way too much exposition, as if the man was more in love with the words than the world. It eased up in later chapters a bit, but the way he ended it.

Basically, "Rocks fall, everyone dies."

Now the rewrite, and there are hints that the first story may be involved with this one? It was confusing when I read through the page on spacebattles a year or so ago. He has setting down well in this one, still too much exposition, and the dialogue is average. Didn't get too far, though in this one.

Something just didn't hook me. Dunno. Didn't read enough of rewrite to rate.