1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Life and Times of a Winning Pony by Chengar Qordath - T - MLP:FiM

Discussion in 'My Little Pony' started by TMNTurtwig, Nov 14, 2012.

1. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Title: The Life and Times of a Winning Pony
    Author: Chengar Qordath
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor/Romance/Drama
    Chapters: 17
    Words: 217,240
    Updated: Mar 18, 2013
    Published: May 27

Fandom: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Pairings: Cloud Kicker/Derpy Hooves, Cloud Kicker/Blossomforth, Rainbow Dash/Pinkie Pie, Rarity/Applejack
    Summary: Cloud Kicker might just have the wildest life of any pony in Equestria. Marvel at the insanity that is her life, and laugh at the suffering of her poor beleaguered best friend, Blossomforth. Semi-Sequel to "The Incredibly Dense Mind of Rainbow Dash"
    Link: Fanfiction.net Fimfiction.net

When I read fanfiction, I usually read it for the main character. When I read Harry Potter fanfictions, I like to read about Harry Potter. When I read Naruto fanfiction I like to read about Sasuke Naruto. Likewise, when I watch the show or read the manga I usually couldn't give two shits about someone who wasn't part of the main cast if I tried.

Chengar Qordoth makes me like a character who doesn't have a single speaking role in the entire series.

The story is almost seamlessly integrated into the episode's of My Little Pony, taking place both between and during them. The characters are likable (even, surprisingly, Blossomforth). The humor is excellently done, several parts of the story I had to stop reading for a few seconds just to chuckle, and the romance is both natural and unpredictable. Even though the author announced before the story was written who the final pairing would be, I still find myself questioning it.

If you like romance, comedy, or sex then you should probably read this. 5/5

Checked by Minion, June 25, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
  2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain attention.

No reviews, not even one? And just one rating? Is the DLP-MLP fangroup finally dying out?

I won't move it without reviews or rating.

EDIT:
    Oh, and while you are at it, please have a look at this one as well: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=22798

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I read a bit of it a while back, but forgot to rate. I'll go by what I remember reading.

While all in all it's not really the sort of thing I go for, there was plenty of comedy and the characterization was fairly accurate, I thought, at least for the characters we've seen actually interacting on the show. Cloud Kicker and Blossomforth haven't been seen much at all on the show and may as well be OCs with canon names, but Chengar's given them unique personalities that mesh well with the rest of the world. Well, if MLP were rated PG-13 or up, at least. If you're looking for a slice-of-life story with huge amounts of femslash shipping, I'd direct you here.

I haven't gotten around to finishing it, but from what I saw, I'll give it a 4/5.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

This is one of those rare fics where just seeing an update in my inbox brightens my day. Chengar is a pro, and his writing is very effective. Every character reads as unique.

It's basically a MLP relationship drama. If this isn't your cup of tea, skip it. Otherwise, get ready for the best ongoing fanfiction still alive. 5/5

5. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012