PDA

View Full Version : Achuta

yojorocks
06-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Just doing the brief obligatory Hello.
I'm a long time stalker of DLP forums that has finally decided to register for some inane reason that I can't fathom. I love following intelligent conversations found on DLP discussing stories instead of simply flaming those that don't conform with "acceptable" ships (damn H/Gslut shippers over on FF.net always bitching when someone goes out on a limb). I would much rather read a story that explains far fetched reasoning than blindly accepts JKR's insultingly vague and uninformative sixth novel (when the hell did finding small pieces of a split soul in an impossible scavenger hunt become entertaining, not to mention that fighting suddenly equates to unresolved sexual tension NOT a personality conflict; what about suddenly, out of the blue, wanting to screw some girl because she looks like one's mother? WHAT THE HELL? Can we say ODIEPUS COMPLEX? As if Harry didn't have enough to deal with.../end rant).
I love unusual ships, but I have found some H/Hr ones superb and am even willing to read some H/G AS LONG AS it is believable (NOT the H/Ginslut that seems to be self-perpetuating on FF.net, but something like Nightmares of Future Past or Refiner's Fire). I like good old hetero smut, am NOT a huge fan of slash, but can withstand some femslash and mild doses of anal.
I love the stories by Jebern, Yarrgh, TheJackOfDiamonds, and Mrriddler's stories. I have to admit that I am partial to something of the caliber of Jeconais' works over some 12 year-old who can't spell or complete a thought, which unfortunately comprise about 1/3rd of all fanfic writers. Seriously, is it that hard to put whatever chapter you have into MS word and spell check it for gibberish often found on FF.net? I abhor bad grammar and betaing with a passion, especially the complete lack of the latter *shudders*. I might post a bit here and there, but for the most part I'll probably stick to the shadows where I belong.
Oh, and twenty points to whoever can tell me what language I said hello in:wall: .

ip82
06-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey, welcome.

If you decide to post, could you please seperate paragraphs by empty lines, posts like this are not very readable...

Jon
06-15-2006, 11:07 AM
^^ Agreed.

Welcome to Hell. As Said to previous new person's; Watch the first step. :)

Master Slytherin
06-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Welcome to dlp.

CGB
06-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Welcome to DLP

nonjon
06-15-2006, 03:12 PM
I cheated and googled. But you definitely get geek points and another role of your ten-sided die for speaking in that language. I reckon I lose geek points for always thinking "Pizza" when I see "Hut" anywhere.

And males with female avatars... always make me wonder. (Or if not, that dude has real pretty eyes.)

But anyways, welcome to DLP.

Yarrgh!
06-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Hola, compadre, et bienvenido a...nevermind.

I'm flattered that you like my story :D. And 'Achuta'...i'm probably off my rocker, but is that the Star Wars language?

For some reason, i remember them using that word on Tattooine in Episode I (which was the worst SW movie ever made).

Have a good time, and please...do post. There isn't a lack of intelligent people, but you can never have too many, eh?

Fuegodefuerza
06-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Welcome to DLP!

Rain
06-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Welcome, yojorocks. ^_^

(http://forums.darklordpotter.net/member.php?u=1327)

Missy
06-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Welcome to DLP. Enjoy your stay.

Lord Ravenclaw
06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Welcome to DLP.Net!

nonjon: It's perfectly natural, especially after watching Spaceballs.

Myst
06-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I did what nonjon did and cheated by googling. You just scored major geek points with that.

Anyways Welcome to DLP.

The Dark Monarch
06-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Welcome. I'm pretty sure I heard that when I was playing a star wars rpg game .

se7en
06-17-2006, 03:03 AM
Sounds like something from KoToR

Welcome

Niffler Lord
06-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi and welcome.