1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP To Fight and Protect by Cywsaphyre - T - Bleach

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Antivash, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: To Fight and Protect
    Author: Cywsaphyre
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Friendship
    Pairing: None
    Fandom: Bleach
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 99,501
    Updated: April 30, 2012
    Published: August 18, 2011

[summary]The War was over, but Ichigo's subsequent exile starts a rebellion under the rule of Central 46. Two years later, Aizen escapes, sparking off a chain of events that thrusts Ichigo straight back into the world he had left behind. AU. Full summary inside.[/summary]
    Link: To Fight and Protect

I found this one a few days ago and am really into it. Its insanely interesting, superb writing quality, a bit of OOC when considering it in terms of the canon, but not so much as you get little peeks into the past and how it came to be that way.

I would recommend that anyway looking at it with hesitation because of Aizen's part in the summary to give it a go anyway. Its not quite what it seems and is most certainly worth the read.

There are only to things that depress me about this one:

One, the last update was April 30th, 2012, though the authors profile states nothing is abandoned but continues with erratic updates. Activity in the last two or so months make me cautiously hopeful more will come. (9 chapters, at 99501 words currently posted so far.) Made me hesitate on posting it here or in almost recommended. Definitely has the quality to get in the library, though.

Two, a quote from the board I found it: If their interactions seem a little, er, too much to you, I might as well say that the author is fan of Yaoi (THIS IS NOT A YAOI FIC) and I think it shows a little bit in the way she writes Ichigo with other male characters.

There are no slash pairings (overtly shoe-horned in or otherwise) and it doesn't look to be going that way at all. Some of the interaction seems a bit odd on occasion but no where near slash levels.

Definitely worth the read.

Checked by Minion, February 27, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I know that Bleach is one of the worst shows ever - but is no one out there to review and rate this fic?

If it doesn't get any reviews / rates within the next seven days I'll have to assume that it is not of interest for DLP and will move it into the trash bin.

3. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Honestly I just feel that there isn't enough written yet to make a decision one way or the other.

4. Jester

Jester Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Yes quite short. Not really sure what to say.

5. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I assume it's just some pre-fight banter that usually spans over three or four anime-episodes?

6. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

^I was about to say. Since when is 99'501 words "short"?

Tbh, I tried it when it first posted and didn't get very far into it. It felt a bit too..."messy", I guess? The way the events proceeded didn't feel a smooth read as if the writer was in a rush and didn't let it develop properly. And I wasn't a fan of what he'd done with Ichigo's skillset.

The idea was a step outside the norm, at least. I think I'll give it another go but for now I'd only give a 2.5/5.