1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lord of the Flies crossover

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Sanctimonius, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

I'm not sure how many of you have read Lord of the Flies, but basically i was thinking of making a crossover with Harry (of course) in it. I figure a ten year old Harry to replace Simon and let Harry stay there for about four years and discover his magic in seclusion. Keep in mind, this is only an idea and one i came up with this morning. So basically, what do you think?

And yes there will be snakes on this island, showing Harry a much harsher look upon life...

And tell me if this sounds cheesy (I've been told to have some cliched ideas in the past) but could it work with an Atlantis-like island or one previously inhabited by magic practitioners? Maybe a POTC sort of thing were instead of rum beneath the trap door, a tunnel system? Although rum would be an added bonus...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2006
  2. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

If it is plentiful in originality, I would certainly read it. I am sure that others would too

3. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

Thanks, though i'm trying to aim it at people on this site. So, even though i have nothing against Ginny personally, i'd take the whole gin-slut perspective (well maybe not slutty, just not a major player in the story). But more or less, like i said i'm just brainstorming, so feel free to ignore me. ;)

4. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I am guessing Harry would arrive on the island following a plane crash whilst embarking on a family holdiay with the Dursleys.

5. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

how'd you know? lol

it was either that or him being taken away for a social services thing... not sure how that'd work out though

6. Myst

Myst Headmaster

It wouldnt be a bad read, if the story kept on going after he gets rescued. But why Simon? Simon dies in the book.

7. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

Harry would be replacing Simon in case I wasn't clear. However, Simon would be chosen because he'll always off doing his own thing and displays a shy character very like Harry at the beginning of PS.

Think of all the things Harry could do -on his own-. And if any of you caught on to the major theme of Lord of the Flies, you'd see Harry (Simon) learn a very important lesson that would be carried over into the war. The Beast lives within us all.

8. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

You know, I had an idea much like this a while back, right after I had read LotF. So stop stealing my thoughts! :)

9. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

This definately has a whole fuckload of potential... I say go for it!

10. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I still say go for it, but Simon would be a good character, if he didnt get killed.

You would have to change something about that ritual dance. Like Simon(Harry) never shows up.

11. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

Fuegodefuerza, all i can say is i'm awed to be on the same brain-wave as you ;)

12. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

It is being written, and a quick question since this is my second fic... should i wait until i've written a few chapters to put it up, or shud it just go up as is?

13. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

I would have to say go with a few chapters and then post the story. A story with multiple chapters is more likely to be read in my book than a one chapter fic. You have quite possibly stuck gold with this idea and i would read it in a heartbeat. Go with it.

14. razz

razz Seventh Year

Great idea!!

Would Harry be the only magical child, though? Or would you be replacing others with canon characters? Like ...

Jack - Draco
    Piggy - Dudley
    Sam and Eric (the twins) - Fred and George

... and so on.

15. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I dont think he will. The story would be boring if all the canon characters switched.

16. razz

razz Seventh Year

Yeah, I'd prefer if it were only Harry.

17. I really like the idea here and look forward to reading it, any update on your progress?

P.S. I'm new to posting so if this counts as necrobumping im sure ill find out in DLP's usual warm reception.

18. razz

razz Seventh Year

Uh, there are three chapters posted here on ff.net. Hasn't been updated in a while, though ...