1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto/Fem Sasuke Stories?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by 0jordinio0, Jul 30, 2013.

1. 0jordinio0

0jordinio0 Seventh Year

Does anybody know of any well written Naruto/Female Sasuke fics? I've been looking for ages and haven't managed to come across one yet.

2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

4. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Thumbs up. That fic deserves more than five reviews.

5. Sora

Sora First Year

Link

There's this... it's, well, it's complete shit really. Canon retread with some variations.

Naruto is way too strong, and though it's hand-waved away it's still ridiculous. He hides himself in plain sight, and gets training from Asuma and Jiraiya. Sakura alternates between mildly annoying and average, and Sasuke, who is female, is inexplicably "interested" in Naruto, which is never really explained, but I guess this could be considered canon. It's executed horribly though, ("I know there's more to you Uzumaki...")

So yeah, while the genin character interactions are extremely cliche and filled with fanon tropes, this story does have some redeeming factors.

Particularly the background story line concerning Uzushiogakure and their role in some rebellion. Konoha isn't exactly evil, and not exactly good. A lot of the characters follow this, such as Kakashi who seems to genuinely care about Naruto, yet is willing to hide information from him consciously and destroy evidence. Another point in it's favour is Naruto messing up in other things (like eventually getting caught regardless of his best efforts in a related plot thread.) So apparently as long as it's not fighting he's not omnipotent.

Also Naruto randomly gets Mokuton in one of the later chapters...

/rambling

I've read up to chapter 7... the pacing is a bit off, as it's starting to drag a bit.

I give it a 2/5

6. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Not really what you were looking for, but there are these:

Secrets and Lies - a very short piece that has all the team members have a secret. The reveal of which takes most of that fic. 2.5/5

Technically speaking there's this deviantart group of Project Naruko - where everyones genders are shifted.
    Things of note there are the short story thing
    http://projectnaruko.devianta******/gallery/32240953
    where Naruko and Sasuri visit the canon universe. There's light(?) Naruko/Sasuke and Sasuri/Naruto going on, if I'm not mistaken. It was a while since I glanced at it. Somewhat uninspiring, though.
    The character profiles are a lot more interesting, I guess. Everything else there just is.

Probably everything I have seen on this topic.

As a sidenote, that article, What if Sasuke was born a female?, was very interesting.

7. Jon

Might write a new one.

Any requests?

8. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've actually got one of these in the planning stages.

That 'What If' link was actually what inspired it. Though I'll be changing a few things more besides just Sasuke being born female.

I'd love to see Jon write Naruto/Fem!Sasuke, though. Definitely.

Maybe throw in a not-quite-so-retarded-as-canon Naruto?

9. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I loved the two main characters from Sacchin, but the plot didn't seem to be going anywhere.

I have... nothing.

Hmm. Itachi wants to sire a child on her to continue the Uchiha lineage.

Perhaps I've been getting too deep into GoT/ASoIaF. <_<

10. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Gah.

Just having Sasuke believe something like that would be entirely enough of crazy incest.

Not talking about Orochimaru.

As for requests, I'd be content with any well done story that's at least one bit serious, but I'd probably read a full on cracky comedy too.

11. Jon

I have an idea. But It'd be a FemSasuke who was once a dude. ¯\(°_o)/¯

tl;dr Road to Ninja.

12. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Something like This?

Warning: Author is often a Yaoi writer, and still uses male pronouns, but it's an interesting piece, nonetheless.

Anyway, that sort of plot wouldn't bother me if it was pulled off right. Something I think you could accomplish.

Still, I think born-as-a-girl is best. That article up there is a great for getting fic ideas from.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  13. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Never been a fan of "Sasuke is secretly a girl" or "Sasuke becomes a girl". At all.

...I say that and then look up at first story I linked to in the thread. Hello, hypocrisy.

14. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I think a fic where both of them are females could be interesting.

Naruto is a girl, but hides it from the world. She created a persona, a big brother who is loud and don't care what people think about him. Sasuke is a girl too and even though it's not a secret many think she is a boy because she dresses and behaves like one. The reason is that she doesn't care about her femininity and simply does what she thinks is more practical.

A plot would be about Sasuke discovering that Naruto is a girl. While she doesn't care about her gender, she cares that her teammate is hiding her true personality to not be hurt by people. She decides to change that. Even if that means she needs to start behave as a female herself.

There needs to be a lot of humor in it or it will probably become a pure angst when Naruto starts dealing with her issues.

15. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

That could be a fun humor story. Reminds me of Secrets and Lies, but if done well...

16. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Eh, I don't know, I don't mind the Fem!Sasuke stories, but I can't read Fem!naruto for the life of me. Hell, I can't read female main protagonists, period. There are a couple exceptions to that, but one I hated anyway and only read it so people couldn't say I didn't read the book when I told them how sucky it was. The other was the Abhorsen series.

Note: I will say I don't mind the occasional female POV, it's just not something I like in when it's the Main Protagonist.

17. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    While it's not quite as extreme, I feel similarly to Proudboar. Most of the time a Main Female Protagonist as the only (or primary) POV turns me off a story rather quick. There have only been a few exceptions to this.

I actually don't mind there being lots of female POVs, so long as the main character is Male and his is the primary POV.

18. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I actually really like reading female protagonists (when written well), but I usually struggle with stories that change the sex of the character from birth. It just seems somewhat pointless (why not just choose a different character to be your protagonist then?). They basically turn into an OC for me (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but makes it a lot harder to get into it).

Some stories that have an element of a male character becoming a girl can be pretty fun (when they're not retarded or pure smut). Eg, as mentioned above - Sasuke in Reload is pretty hilarious, or how Naruto in People Lie uses his female persona whenever he feels emotional (and to troll Sasuke), or Naruto playing the role of Motoko in Spying no Jutsu, or various Ranma fics

19. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    How to put this?

Naruto's early relationship with Sasuke is a twisted one. The two boys are drawn to eachother (no homo), but at the same time don't know how to interact with eachother, or see past their own psychoses. This pushes them apart and eventually leads to the story going where it goes.

To be frank, I, and many others, think that the whole theme of 'Always forgive, and destroy hatred, and unending friendship' is a bit retarded. Since that's the entire theme that Sasuke's and Naruto's interactions (indeed the entire manga is) are built around, it gets a bit tiresome. A wonderful world and setting ruined by a terrible overarching theme and an author who has lost their way.

Sound familiar to you? (*CoughPOWEROFLOVECough*)

But if you make Sasuke female. Make her a love interest, things change enough to perhaps justify Naruto's unending quest to save Fem!Sasuke. He's in love with her, after all. Love is a great and terrible thing, it can drive us to and past the limits of sanity or drag us back within it's boundaries. A far better excuse for Naruto's endless, insane quest to save her than 'He was my first friend/brother figure'

Fanfiction, in the end, is about wish fulfillment. When you think about it, the Naruto/Sasuke story makes a lot more sense and is a lot more readable if they aren't both dudes with a terrible, rocky 'friendship/rivalry', but are instead in love with each other.

It actually has a lot of promise for a great romance. The premise holds quite a bit of potential for conflict and character development and tension.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  20. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Well, it would also make more sense if you just had them actually be good friends. You don't have to go full bromance with it, but if you make them legitimately come off as friends, then sure, I could see why Naruto would be fairly obsessive about bringing him back.

The problem with most stories I've seen - and, hell, with canon too - is that friendship isn't there.