1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Strong Ichigo Bleach Fanfics ~

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by 0jordinio0, Aug 4, 2013.

1. 0jordinio0

0jordinio0 Seventh Year

There is so very few actual serious Bleach stories. Infact, I'd care to wager that there is less than 100 good Ichigo-centric stories.

I'm looking for strong Ichigo-centric stories without any slash. Mostly in regards to the real 'Zangetsu'. As in, Ichigo actually makes due with what he has, i.e his Bankai and Mask and continues to train with them. Such as learning how to use the Hollow Powers he's already shown in canon, like his high-speed regeneration and Cero just to name a few.

2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

As opposed to what exactly? Isn't that the standard?

Anyway, Devil's Smile and Hogyoku ex Machina are what come to mind. Though the former doesn't involve any training, he just sticks with his standard skill set.

3. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

The fandom does seem to have quite a few AU stories (straight up human stories) and Slash stories between Ichigo and Grimjow...shudder.

4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Oh wait, was he talking about Ichigo/Hichigo slash? 'Cuz then I totally misread that.

5. 0jordinio0

0jordinio0 Seventh Year

6. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

So you were basically looking for fics where Ichigo goes out of his way to improve his abilities. The phrasing confused me.

In which case, Hogyoku ex Machina definitely fits the bill. And A Protector's Pride, though that throws in some dual Zangetsu early on. Devil's Smile has Ichigo demonstrates the same level of ability in canon (during the HM arc) and he doesn't improve them though it's still a decent fic.

7. 0jordinio0

0jordinio0 Seventh Year

I've actually read all of them already lol. Like I said, decent fics are hard to come by in the Bleach archive. Just hoping that somebody knows of one or two that I've missed.

8. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Yeah, that is a problem. Last one I can think of is Feeling Hollow.

9. 0jordinio0

0jordinio0 Seventh Year

Yeah read that aswell, sadly. You'd think more people would be up for writing good Bleach fanfiction. Ichigo is a great protagonist and there is tons of stuff to work with.

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd rather a fic with a more imaginative and deep zanpaktou for Ichigo (though from what I've read about recent canon developments, Zangetsu is kind of apt all things considered) that he has to work at mastering so he doesn't plateau so early.

A zanpaktou that has a really complex skill set and a non boring shikai / bankai.