1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Far Too Many Time Travelers by Lord Jeram - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Photon, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Photon

Photon Order Member

Title: Far Too Many Time Travelers
    Author: Lord Jeram
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    Library Category: The Alternates
    Pairings:
    Summary: "Someone has a daring plan to go back in time and fix everything. No wait, not him, I meant the other... how many people have time traveled anyway? Poor Harry seems to be the only normal one left."
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6728900/1/

26k words since 2011, but still - this concept and humor move even almost abandoned story into "must read" category.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    No offense to Jeram, but this fic didn't cut it for me. The writing was fine, but the premise, the characters, and the execution weren't for me.
    2.5/5

Edit: Has this seriously never been put in the Library or Bin? I thought all the competition entries have.

3. Photon

Photon Order Member

It seems that surprising amount of stories added to "DLP 5-Starred and Featured Authors" was never submitted for review (currently - 72 fics).

4. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah... It's not abandoned. I wrote a lot last week. But it's been a really busy few months, and for this particular story, I didn't even have a plot figured out until late last year

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Solid 4/5 from me -- it's not 5/5 material, but I enjoy reading it, and the quality is higher than average for fanfiction.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  6. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I love this story and have been waiting for the next chapter since first reading it. It's got a bit of crack fic elements, time travel, and mystery all done in a crisp style.

7. esran

esran Professor

its funny, but its too short tight now to get more than 3/5 from me. could easily reach 4/5 with a few more chapters.

8. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As a huge fan of Jeram's type of humor, this is probably one of my favorite fics.

It's a bit zany, definitely a bit strange, and I'm probably not the benchmark for the most appreciative of normal things, but I loved this, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

9. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

This is my favorite Time Travel fic, because of the reason that there's more than one traveler.

5/5

10. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Just finished reading this after it was recommended somewhere, and I found myself frustrated. This story is 53,000 words of absolutely nothing happening.

The writing is enjoyable enough. It's humour without being crack: lighthearted and fun, although not laugh out loud funny. I kept reading because I was intrigued by the concept, wanted to see the consequences of so many time travellers all mucking things up at once, and watching them have to cope with each other.

But this story doesn't deliver on the premise. Worse, it doesn't even hint that a delivery could be coming were the story to be continued. There's no tension to it, no hint that there's actually anything resembling a conflict to be resolved, and the characters don't seem to have goals in mind. I was reading thinking what we had would be a setup to the meat of it, but no such setup happens. It's just fifty thousand words of time travellers going back and nothing significant happening despite it.

3/5 - writing is decent, fun in places. Characters have a good feel to them. But there's no real plot here.

11. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Interesting, I guess my plot is a perhaps too slow a burn? In fairness, the first chapter wasn't necessarily intended to be anything other than a oneshot so it didn't really build up to anything. Took me over a year to figure out a plot, but I guess it was too slow for your tastes. Now I know you said "no conflict" but I did introduce some in the later chapters - how far did you end up reading?

12. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There are six chapters on fanfiction.net. Is there more elsewhere?

13. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Far Too Many Time Travelers has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 8
    Words: 73,381
    Updated: 2020-04-30 17:01:28 UTC
    Published: 2011-02-09 14:01:09 UTC
    Previously updated: almost 2 years ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.