1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sleepy Hollow

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Krogan, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone watching this? Just watched the pilot and Im actually really enjoying it, the mirror scene actually made me jump which is more than I can say for a lot of shows.

Sleepy Hollow

2. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

I liked it, though its using the currently popular, hot British dude fights crime with sassy American chick troup, it's definulty trying to weave an entirely new mythos around the legend of the headless horseman. I'm not entirely sold on the style but I'll give it a few episodes to find its feet.

Hopefully we wont see too much of convenient info-giving dream wife. Also I was a bit disappointed, that interesting strong female cop, just had to have the weepy back-story to justify her personality, can't have a strong female character without a tragic past.

3. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

John Noble moving to Sleepy Hollow!

The second episode was good, not as action-packed as the pilot but that's not a knock at all.

Sadly no be-headings but there were still creepy cool stuff that went down this episode.

4. Evon

Evon Seventh Year

I'm really liking this show so far. It puts a very interesting twist on the Headless Horseman legend.

I think the thing that I most enjoy about the show is that it doesn't feel like the target audience is pre-teen/teen/young adult, but rather young adult/adult.

It's only two episodes in, so I won't give a final verdict on it, but so far it is shaping up nicely.

5. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

A solid episode, though I'm a little annoyed at just how well Crane is taking the whole, your 250 year in the future and your wife and everyone you know is dead thing. Plus he's just a little to modern to with his views on women, race, etc to really be believable, he might be liberal and well educated by the standards of the 1700s but even the most tolerant views back then would come with some seriously offensive assumptions by today's standards. Hell shes a working black woman who apparently has broken off a romance with a guy shes working with, run that through 1700s standards and shes about 1 step up from a prostitute.

Also it always irks me how TV time travelers assimilate into modern culture in about 5 minutes without more than token trauma about loosing everything and everyone they've ever known, not to mention every assumption on pretty much everything being 250 year out of date, you might as well have dropped him on an alien planet. Hell she's the one having to stop and 'deal with it' all the time while he literally just got there, just about everything should be fascinating, shocking, delightful, scary etc, yet all we get is a few jokes and the odd staring at a light-bulb.

Anyway, rant over, hopefully he's gonna start reacting to all this like a human being after they start to get a little down-time.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So basically all I got from the first episode was this little tidbit:

George Washington was secretly battling the apocalypse during the Revolutionary War.

Two words:

Fuck yes.

[​IMG]

7. Mister Ferro

8. Krogan

High Score:
    Im seriously happy about this, I could list a lot of good points about the show that I like but among my favorite is the fact that so far the demons/monsters are actually genuinely creepy/scary which I honestly can't remember seeing in damn near any other show.

Also Abby's sister is a straight up badass.

9. Krogan

High Score:
    Soo folks caught the new episode tonight? I thought it was damned awesome, I am really loving this show.

10. Mister Ferro

The episode was great and John Noble was the icing on the cake.

11. Mister Ferro

Mighty Bump of Justice!

Tonight's mid-season finale was perhaps one of the best finales in modern television.

Orlando Jones and John Noble were simply outstanding.