1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Originals

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Lyrium, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Anyone watching this show?

I was coerced into watching the Vampire Diaries and followed the season where the Originals were introduced before giving up because of all the triangle stuff.

I've seen the first two episodes of Originals and I like the story being about a power play between these various factions and less teenagey.

Klaus willing to kill anyone even a little baby is so awesome.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

Only seen the first episode, so I can't accurately judge it yet, but it is much better than I expected. I tried watching the Vampire Diaries, but didn't really like it. Think I only watched one episode before dropping it.

This is a little over the top, but not so much that it isn't enjoyable. Characters are a little flat, but its only the first episode, so I hope they fix that. Also, lots of infodumps, but again, first episode. The most irritating thing to me is how ridiculously attractive everyone is. American television. Always a pet peeve of mine.

I wouldn't say this show is amazing, and it certainly isn't original (couldn't help myself) with its super powered vampires and werewolves, but it's a decent time waster if you got nothing better to do.

3. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

With the first episode they're trying to re-set up the story so it does feel repetitive especially if you saw the backdoor pilot.

Klaus is the character to watch as he has a great arc and lines throughout. I'm up to the fourth episode and its fun to watch even if at times a little over the top.