1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Darkness Within by Tragic Lestat - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Myst, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Title: Harry Potter and the Darkness Within
    Author: TragicLestat
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Action/Adventure
    Pairing: None, Pairing in works for Sequel.
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 110,252
    Updated: June 29, 2008
    Published: November 26, 2005

Summary: After the debacle at the Ministry and learning the prophecy, Harry decides how to fight Voldemort: fire with fire. It will earn an M later on. Dark Harry.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2676545/1/

Before you all lynch me for posting a story, I searched and did not find this. I saw another story by a different author with a totally different plot than this one which is by dellacouer.

Anyways I thought this story was good, I found it a fairly good read.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 24, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  2. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

I like it. To many mentions of Herman and Hedwig though.

3. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

I didn't like the first chapter very much, it was pretty boring, very pussy harry and i didn't like how dudley was characterised or how harry told him everything about his life. After chapter one it did pick up a bit and become more intersting, but it wasn't overly original.

Not the best story out there, dark!harry or otherwise, but worth a read anyway i'd say.

4. zenaku

zenaku First Year

I enjoyed it. Not too different from other fics out there, however. Hope some more uniqueness comes out as the story progresses.

5. Blesser

Blesser First Year

I read it half way through chatper 2, and I don't really like it... I suppose I'm more of an independent!harry fan.

6. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

its fine, a run of the mill story. im actually more curious as to whether or not the authors name derives from the lestat of interview with a vampire, as that guy did have some unfortunate things happen to him.

7. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

Ehhhh, it seems to be your typical post OoTP story not great but not too bad

I read the first chapter and I just couldn't stomach Harry having that talk with Didley, perhaps I'll finish it if I;m bored.

8. 643

643 Squib

it was good but it turned gay

9. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

Does this seem familar???

that seems to be a common occurance with a lot of these stories...

10. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

What is wrong with ya'll this story is dynamite. I think ya'll are a bunch of dumbledore haters is what it is 4/5.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  11. CGB

CGB Auror

It's a medicore story. Not great, but worth a read if you don't have anything else to do. I'll give it 3/5 stars

12. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

I suppose it was okay. Not the best by far, but a somewhat interesting read.

13. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

There's a new chapter of this story up on FFN. And it's huge (27K words).

I like the direction where this is going. Harry is really starting to turn dark and sadistic. The passage of time is speeding up somewhat. Some Weasleys (that the author and the folk around here dislike) are killed. The closing fight scene was ultra gory and overall fun to read. And the descriptions of new spells and combat techniques are rather good, if somewhat rushed (as in, Harry learns them too fast).

All in all, after a lousy start, this is turning into a... well, bearable dark!Harry story. 3.5/5

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  14. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

It's not too shabby at all. In fact, I was reading the update while I was supposed to be doing other work and sleeping last night.

15. kraytkiller

kraytkiller Second Year

Woo, an update. Not much in it, mainly just Harry training Susan to be able to use her patronus effectively. The story has pretty much made Harry desert Hermione, who seems to be sick with something, and have him instead form bonds with Tonks and Susan. Also the latest chapters have also explained that Harry was mostly using Dudley, in a way, and it seems like he hasn't forgiven him at all.

Harry is telling practically anyone that asks the full prophecy however(two girls already...for now..). It's getting sort of annoying to me.

I'm going to keep following it...updates for all the other stories I'm following have been slow.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  16. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Ugh. The writing is bad. Not absolutely horrific like some, but bad, nonetheless. The grammar is good, but the dialogue is ridiculously stilted. The author shows no imagination when it comes to the basic structure. Yes, the structure is generally correct, but it's the same thing over and over and over again, with little to no variation.

And then, there's the plot (*shudders*). Harry's talk with Dudley, aside from being impossibly civil (almost fluffy), was just a flimsy excuse for the author to bore us with pointless exposition, and to spew his/her view of what happened at the DoM (then, the author went ahead and did it AGAIN with Harry and Dumbledore's talk). We KNOW what happened at the end of OotP! We KNOW what Harry's nightmares are about, because the author showed them to us earlier in the same fucking chapter! Why does the author insist on wasting the reader's time with pointless, boring crap?

1/5 for lack of any grammatical imagination whatsoever, and for boring the hell out of me. I seriously wonder if I should try to sue the author for taking fifteen irreplaceable minutes from my lifetime.

17. Hadrian07

Hadrian07 First Year

I can't say I support this fic, if only because I can never see canon Dumbledore being so supportive of Harry learning the Dark Arts or killing. I like the idea, but even the fact that he TOLD Dumbledore is out of character.

18. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

19. DeathShade

DeathShade Fourth Year

It isn't against the rules to necro a library thread.
    "Library threads are excluded from this, as we want your opinion"

20. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

The rules was for his benefit as a newbie. It's not against the rules, but it is considered bad form to update a thread from 2008 with just two lines.