1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Phantasm V

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The Tall Man is back. Fear this old man and his giant balls.

Official Trailer

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

This looks soooo very bad. Like, drowning-in-seahorse-corpses bad. Is the plot of this series stupendously good? Is the draw that it's a labor of love on the part of the makers and actors?

3. silentclock

silentclock Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Angus Scrimm no longer looks the least bit intimidating.

4. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Its pretty much a cult B-movie horror franchise that started in the 70's. They've always been low-budget affairs. I consider that part of its charm. Here's a trailer for the first movie in the series: Phantasm trailer

They've been trying to get one final movie made for 15 years, to wrap up the story and give characters closure. So fans have waiting years for this movie. So much that when the creator was approached by bigger studios about a reboot the fans were vocal about wanting to give the franchise a proper end first. This movie will do that and brings back the entire original cast. So this movie is made pretty much solely for the fans.

---------- Post automerged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

A lot of his intimidation factor, for me, was always in his voice. Hopefully we get another trailer where he talks. I'd love to hear one final "Boooooooooooy!"

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Phantasm V Exclusive Trailer

Glad to hear that The Tall Man still has his voice. That is essential for me.

The special effects don't look as good as the other movies but it shouldn't be too distracting.