1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Parks and Recreation

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Zeitgeist, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Now that Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe have left the series, do you think that the show will go uphill or downhill? I started watching when 30 Rock ended and Amy Poehler impressed me at the Golden Globes. Following my friend's advice to start with Season 2 first was great. Indeed, Season 1 is utter shit, and P&R did a reverse-Community in a way: from crap (Season 1) to fantastic (Season 2, 3, onwards)

Are there any Ron Swanson appreciators at DLP?

[​IMG]

Personally, I'm a fan of the show's witty banter which skirts the parameters between cynicism and optimism. Despite all the bullshit that Pawnee piles onto Leslie and the Parks Department, some of which is hilarious bullshit, they manage to pull through. Plus I enjoy Amy Poehler's humour.

[​IMG]

Also, this video gives me an exorbitant amount of joy, even though it shouldn't.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I'm alright with this development. Chris was never really a great character to begin with. I'd rather have had Andy get axed (seriously, how is this guy still in the show after 6 seasons?) , but you can't win them all.

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I watched it when it first came out. At first it was pretty much an Office rip-off, but I thought it was okay. It's definitely grown a lot since then, and I was fairly impressed with it, though I stopped watching regularly at some point. I didn't know those two had left.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  4. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

DLP is horrible today, fuck all of this white. I wanted to say that those gifs are terrible, though, and do not do Parks justice, there are so many great moments. One of my all-time favorite comedies.

5. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I once had a chance to meet Rashida Jones. Pretty lady, if kind of skinny in person. But this last season has only been good, not great.

6. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

This is the kind of show where when first I thought, "That sounds really boring." Then when I started watching I learned I was totally wrong.

Season 4 or 5 (whenever Ben joined) is when I started watching and its been consistently good.

Amy Poehler is so awesome.

Last episode with April and that "...And also, I'm the Zodiac Killer." :)

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Because Andy is one of the best characters, and the show would be much worse without him.