PDA

View Full Version : The Anti-Cliche` Thread.

Pages : [1] 2

Jon
07-13-2006, 02:35 AM
Name thing's which have never been done, or thing's which have been done and not abused to pieces.

My contribution shall be the Merepeople of Hogwarts Lake, they have been left out of the spot light and are plotting against the Wizarding world. :p

Dubrichius
07-13-2006, 03:39 AM
Harry gets raised by someone other than the Dursleys (I know that that plot idea has been done numerous times, but hear me out), and goes to Hogwarts with a personality frighteningly similar to Dave Lister (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Lister)

KeshinNoAkui
07-13-2006, 03:53 AM
Apathetic Harry from a young age. In other words, when he gets to Hogwarts he's apathetic and realistic.

Take Slytherin traits to the max. In other words, put up a facade for everyone to see, while planning something that will shock and astound them. Would be better suited for it to start early in Hogwarts, as it makes the story much easier to manipulate.

Verse of Darkness
07-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Harry as the heir of hufflepuff.

Dubrichius
07-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Harry with all the charm, wit, and social grace of an Alsation dog after a head-swap operation.

...Wait, that's Canon!Harry. :p

I got it! Bastard!Harry on the scale that would cause Gendo Ikari to crap his pants out of fear.

Master Slytherin
07-13-2006, 10:51 AM
There's about a million things, each as silly as the other. E.g. Harry growing up in Compton and joining NWA.

Harry as the heir of hufflepuff.

That has actually been done to death. He's been the heir of all 4 founders simultaneously so many times it isn't funny.

Jheph
07-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Muggles teachers/neighbours discovering the neglect Harry experiences from the Dursley.

Harry attended a different magical school.

Harry discovers his metamorphmagus ability before knowing about magic.

Harry discovers that he can talk to snakes before knowing about magic.

Harry has a good time in his pre-Hogwarts school time. He has friends and the teachers and neighbours don’t believe the Dursley’s story about him. The Durlesy's are not well like, contrary from canon.

The Dursley was not well off when Harry was given to them.

Harry is being always told that he reminds people of Lily due to his personality instead of his physical appearance from James (except for Snape).

Harry is his own father...

Harry is raised by an influential Pure blooded family (Dark or neutral family).

Harry is a ward of the ministry.

Dumbledore died before Harry was pronounced as the Boy-Who-Lived.

Snape didn't exist. The marauders tormented random Slytherins.

Humour fic where Harry is a stereotypical gay guy, while everyone is straight and some are even homophobic.

Gilderoy Lockhart was near Godric’s Hollow when Voldemort marked Harry. He took credit of vanquishing the dark lord and becoming the hero (he can also raise Harry or not).

In GOF, because of the incompetence of Wormtail, he accidentally killed Harry due to his bad aim. They used Cedric in the ritual instead and somehow escaped back to Hogwarts.

In COS, Harry discovers that when he destroyed the diary, its link with Ginny snapped and instantly killed her.

In SS/PS, while in the train, Harry was dismayed with both Ron and Draco's attitude and walked out on them. He got to talk to with the other students, both new and old and they got to know him before the sorting.

Yarrgh!
07-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Harry is his own father...

That has been done, and poorly. Very poorly.

Gilderoy Lockhart was near Godric’s Hollow when Voldemort marked Harry. He took credit of vanquishing the dark lord and becoming the hero (he can also raise Harry or not).

That, IMO, is an absolutely fantastic idea! OMFG...that could be so funny. Try writing it, man...I'd absolutely LOVE to read it :D

I can just imagine it now..."Alright, son. The next time Granger does better than you on a test, obliviate the teacher into giving her your grade, and giving you hers."

"Alright, Harry...I think its time I taught you how to manage your fame. Wait...what? Damnit, brat, I don't understand goo-goo ga-ga! Speak English, you confounded baby, I'm trying to impart valuable knowledge here!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ryuu Ken
07-13-2006, 03:25 PM
It could be used in combination with a challenge Amerision made and I was planning on doing (once I get out of this writers block).

http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=1773

If the fic is well written it should be quite funny. Feel free to use the challenge as I'm probably not going to get round to it.

Myst
07-13-2006, 03:31 PM
The only good "Harry is his own father" is the Amulet of Time Series.

I would say, any type of Time Travel that does not zap him to the following: Founders Era, Grindewald/Tom Riddle Era and Marauders Era.

Zero
07-13-2006, 03:48 PM
The DA becoming Harry's personal army.

I would really like to see that done well.

Mordecai
07-13-2006, 04:01 PM
I know Harry being abandoned into an Orphanage has been done to the death, but what if he was adopted and raised by a professional stage magician, lol. Could be quite funny.

I have also never seen a fic where Harry was seriously disabled, apart from the numerous blind or deaf Harry's. Im thinking like a broken spine from when Dudley jumped on one too many times or an amputated leg from when a cut of some sort went untreated and turned gangrenous. Of course, it'd been left too long so that even magic couldn't help whatever the problem was. It could be an interesting twist.

Brooklynight
07-13-2006, 06:52 PM
I've only seen one or two fics in which Harry joins the muggle army fics. On the same note fics that consentrate on Harry's career as an Auror, authors usually just throw it into the background or use it as an excuse for romance.

Harry is raised by Nicloas Flammel, I've only seen this once before and it was alright.

Well done Harry and Malfoy as friends fics are few and far between, the 'They Shook Hands' series is alright.

They Shook Hands:http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/dethryl/TSH.html

Banta
07-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Fenrir Greyback bites and raisies Harry.

Harry is afraid of Hagrid when he shows up, and tells him to 'Get the **** away from me!!!'. Thus, HP continues his growing until 17-ish when he decides to join the Royal Marines as a way to get away from the Dursleys.

Instead of the overused Hagrid/Snape pickingup HP fics, how about some of the other teachers get a little light?

Harry goes insane. Not the standard 'The Dursleys abused me so much my mind snps and I must now kill everyone and laugh like a manic when doing it' style, but really clinically insane. Must be kept in a padded cell, always talks to 'imaginary' friends, etc. etc.

Harry is a raging pervert.

Jon
07-14-2006, 02:09 AM
Harry is a Zombie and eats Hermiones brains! :D

Dubrichius
07-14-2006, 02:46 AM
Harry is a raging pervert.

That would be a very funny 6th year AU-Humour fic. In fact, it has given me a very good idea, which is rather similar to something I was planning to do in an Evangelion fic I'm developing.

On a similar vein: Harry has a near-limitless supply of the Sexual Magnetism virus, and uses it every chance he gets (ideally to sleep with the young female staff members; ie, Professors Vector and Sinistra).

The Fine Balance
07-14-2006, 04:10 AM
Wel, this is something I've been runing around with for a while.
A fic based in the 1970's. Based around Harry's parents and their friends, but not romantic bullcrap, not centric around the consequences of James killing his conciet, but centered around the why's.
Basically, the fact that Voldemort was able to raise followers from the upper levels of society got me thinking: wouldn't the rich try to impart their views upon the masses? I'd done on Earth, why not in HP? If they did, can there not be a fic that centered around the transition of society from being anti-muggle to a more liberal.
For em this would be a more comprehensive answer to whyTOm went bad: not just because of the orphanage, but also becasue of the kind of people he saw around him, the kind of books he read.
Although I've not read any such, is there any fic that shows this transition in perhaps, the Maruader or TOm RIddle era?

Devin Cybrus
07-14-2006, 06:05 AM
A combined Super!SuperPervert!Harry would definitely be amusing. Everyone being all pissed at him for using his talents in magic to sneak into the girl's dorms and stealing their panties rather than working on defeating Voldemort. Him all making dirty joke after another, such as the real origin of people calling Hermione "beaver teeth" (Ouch!)

A good old fashioned zombie-story would be good. In the vein of the classic zombie flicks. Include some plot device for why magic won't work on the zombies and write long, gruesome descriptions of various cast members being dismembered and eaten by the risen dead. Damn, that sounds awesome.

Harry being raised by different parents and coming out of it a spoiled, arrogant jerk.

KeshinNoAkui
07-14-2006, 06:12 AM
Actually I think a pervert Harry would best be suited for early Hogwarts, preferably after he gets the Invisbility cloak, because who wouldn't use it for various acts of perversion?

Dubrichius
07-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Actually I think a pervert Harry would best be suited for early Hogwarts, preferably after he gets the Invisbility cloak, because who wouldn't use it for various acts of perversion?

Because he would only be eleven at that point in time, and almost no eleven-year-olds are even remotely sexually active. That is why it would be better for any Pervert!Harry stories to be set during his fifth/sixth year, maybe even as early as his fourth year.

Banta
07-14-2006, 09:49 AM
The women of the HP verse realize that every single good looking single male is gay, and they decide to seduce them back to the straight path.

Yarrgh!
07-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Err...I wouldn't read a story like that unless Harry was the only good-looking male in Hogwarts. Seriously...I don't like reading random smut. Harry has to be the male character, otherwise it has nothing to do with canon at all, even if it is PWP. I dunno...I guess a Harry-centric fic means more since it isn't necessarily the author's fanboy/girl fantasy.

Banta
07-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Can't do that. HarryHarem is an evil impossible cliche, and it is also improbable that HP is the only good looking guy in Hogwarts. The rest of the men may be idiots, pigs, and whatnot, but that doesn't mean that they are not good looking enough for some nookie.

Masked Critic
07-14-2006, 11:15 AM
I've seen one where Harry was disabled. He lost his arm to Marge's dog Ripper. It was also one of those crappy retry-fics where he and all his friends go back in time to when they were kids, though. It was Harry/Luna, if you want to find it.

Here's one I want to see: Girl!Harry NOT liking guys. Every time I see a fic where Harry is born as a girl, or is turned into a girl, s/he always ends up liking guys. C'mon, if a straight guy was turned into a girl, they would NOT instantly start liking guys.

... I want to write that one, actually, but I can never keep my interest...

rj_stone2
07-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Harry being raised by different parents and coming out of it a spoiled, arrogant jerk
Sounds like The Happy Red Prince.

One thing I would like to see is an AU fic where the Dursley's behavior is justified. Not because they treat Harry better, but because he actually is a budding young psychopath. I think it would be hilarious to watch psycho!Harry deal with Snape and Malfoy.

Banta
07-14-2006, 05:30 PM
I'd like to see how the Dursleys react to a real psychopath for a change.

Edit: I also want to try one of those 'change one thing in the past, see how it effects the future' types. Riddle is rejected by Dumbeldore from being the DADA teacher, but Riddle has the Board of Govornors on his side and is able to become the teacher anyways. What would happen next?

Jheph
07-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Before Harry was introduced to magic, he was a die hard fan of Chinese kung fu flicks. He likes to pretend that he can also do those stunts with sound effects.

Harry was raised as a fanatical Christian by the Durlsey.

Sirius Black is the secret keeper and the traitor. Wormtail escapes Sirius and became afraid of the remaining Death Eaters and hidden himself in the Weasley family.

Harry discovers religion as an escape to the bad circumstances in life. He is now thinking of Jihad (Holy War) against Voldemort.

Lily is the muggle and her sister Petunia is the witch. James met Lily thru her sister. They fall in love and got married. Follows the same history and Harry got placed to his magical aunt’s care at their death.

Harry was always been a fan of Star Wars since he was able to watch it. When he accidentally discovered that he can make things happen when he is desperate enough, he believes that he has the ability to use the ‘Force’. When he was introduced to the magical world by Hagrid, he secretly and adamantly believes that the witches and wizards are not wielding magic but the ‘Force’.

When Voldemort was about to kill her, Lily used some obscure magic that uses her self as a sacrifice to protect Harry. Due to the Prophesy that protected Harry, the magic that Lily used was not needed and mutated, making her soul to bind it self to her son’s soul, making her like a guardian. Harry grows up as the only person, magical or not to be able to see and communicate with his mother.

Harry grows up being constantly verbally abused and used as a slave. As a way to cope up with the hardship, he accidentally created several magical personalities. Each personality can communicate with each other, both when he is awake or asleep. Depending on the situation, the most ideal personality shall takeover the body to deal with the problem. (Humour/Evil plot: each personality represents one of the seven deadly sins.)

Mordecai
07-15-2006, 07:23 PM
That last idea sounds like Broken Mind, Fractured Soul, though if we had our way it would be without the blatant slash obviously.

Yarrgh!
07-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Gregthbunny2005 had a fic like that, and it features Het!Harry with a Harem. There is some smut, supposedly, as well. I don't think he's continuing it, though :(

The first scenes were Fem!Dom, but Harry is supposed to make a dominant comeback at some point, I gather. Harry/Tonks/Fleur/Fem!Vamp!Blaise/Gabrielle.

So much potential...

Jheph
07-15-2006, 08:08 PM
'Broken Mind, Fractured Soul' and Gregthebunny2005 fic took different approach.

My idea was more of either humour or dark approach and don't forget that there is no dominant personality; they all have the opportunity to become principal personality, if they are more suited in a situation.

Oh, and they can converse with each other, so they are more or less like a ruling government inside Harry.

Last but not the least, Harry as a whole got used to his unique perception of the world (he has conflicting views or have more than one opinion in a subject) so he does not find it strange.

Niffler Lord
07-16-2006, 01:24 AM
I just imagined Gollem... Nice ideas though. Can you post a link for Gregthbunny2005?

Athenia
07-16-2006, 01:47 AM
When Voldemort was about to kill her, Lily used some obscure magic that uses her self as a sacrifice to protect Harry. Due to the Prophesy that protected Harry, the magic that Lily used was not needed and mutated, making her soul to bind it self to her son’s soul, making her like a guardian. Harry grows up as the only person, magical or not to be able to see and communicate with his mother.

I think I saw one like this only it wasn't until sometime during Hogwarts that Lily appeared.

Verse of Darkness
07-16-2006, 11:09 AM
- Death Eaters show competence.
- Sirius = Harry's Father (done well, not some excuse for a slash).
- Voldemort shows competence.
- Dumbledore shows competence.
- Sorting Hat with a Human Form.

World
07-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Lily and James' will was read and acted upon.
Lily agrees for Harry to be placed with Petunia.
James was a worthless, jobless, poor drunk.

Ryuu Ken
07-16-2006, 11:59 AM
The sorting hat being an enchanted hat that randomnly chooses houses.
Basilisk hide amplifying a curse result.
Harry suffering from trauma due to his neglectful childhood.

Jheph
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Niffler Lord: Here's the link to Gregthebunny2005's fic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2852476/1/

Oh, and take note that I didn't like the story.

Flamata
07-16-2006, 11:52 PM
I took a look at the summary and was rather disturbed by the fact that the word "severe" was spelled "server". That's the kind of thing that stops me from even opening a fic.

Deadman
07-17-2006, 01:15 AM
I've always wanted to see more of Hagrid.
He couldn't have been a complete idiot in school, I mean, he did make it through at least a couple years of wizarding education.
So what if Hagrid never got expelled? Sure, it'd screw up large portions of the Chamber of secrets, but it would be worth it to see Hagrid in a more important role.
Plus, deep down, I really want to see Hagrid kicking some ass on the battlefield.
Just imagine, a ten foot tall, rampaging, half-giant spewing curses out across a field of death eaters.
Meh, I also hate Neville Longbottom. The whole "Neville really has improved a lot and was a powerful wizard all along" bit annoys me.

Yarrgh!
07-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Heh...I just want to see Hagrid beating the hell out of massive groups of DEs with a club.

Y'know, Sauron-style, like in the scene in LotR where he swings his staff/sclub and a hundred Elves and Men go flying through the air. That would just be fucking awesome.

Too bad there aren't enough Death Eaters to have Hagrid demolish so many so easily :(

Athenia
07-17-2006, 10:43 AM
I want to see someone with a garden gnome animagus. It doesn't even have to be an important character, though any Weasley would be really funny.

KeshinNoAkui
07-17-2006, 04:24 PM
I want to see someone keep a Nundu for a pet. Or familiar.

Nothing like a 100 foot cat that can assimilate your enemies as fast as Ginny goes through boyfriends. =D

mcatrage
07-17-2006, 05:36 PM
how about having Hagrid raising harry

instead of bringing him to the dursleys he takes care of harry, that would have a very unique harry for sure. never seen anything like that done.

saL
07-17-2006, 06:13 PM
can u imagine that? *shuddersAtTheThoughtOfHarryGruntingHisWords*

@keshin: read 'make a wish' then

what i like to see done is a indy harry that uses up all his fortune early on and then robs people etc. to afford his future training

oh, and another one: many fics have harry looking for a goblin alliance; what about a fic that has the goblines side with voldemort, the economic system crashing and the goblins making a good grunt army for A LOT of splatter scenes????!!!!

Mordecai
07-17-2006, 07:25 PM
@mcatrage: I reemmber seeing that done once before. It wasn't very good though.

@ saL: the goblin idea, i have seen in a smaller format. it was one of those go back in time fics, and I remember it being metioned that Harry didn't trust goblins at all because they sided with voldie. it was a good one.

Yarrgh!
07-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Mcatrage: The author of Manipulator of Destiny, Wheezy1, has written a fic like that, featuring Hagrid raising Harry.

Dubrichius
07-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Harry takes the giant squid (most likely a Kraken) in Hogwarts' lake as a familiar. Never seen that done before.

Amerision
07-18-2006, 09:05 AM
An evil!Sirius for once.

--

Dumbledore actually being a "Good Cop Gone to Far" Person who hates evil so much he fights even worse than Death Eaters do. (There are worse things than Death, Tom).

He trains Harry to be his successor in this and together they disembowel, brutally torture, and anihilate on their quest for "Good". No one knows about their real activities...

--

An independent Harry with alot of set up, where he trains alot, and dies in the fourth chapter as he foolishly takes on Voldemort.

--

A good Harry is Lord Voldemort. (Come on...ANSWER my challenges!)

--

Hedwig is Ginny's Animagus form...she is a peeping Tom who wants to watch Harry all day every day.

--

Ginny being so affected by Tom Riddle, she searches for the Diary again when she is rejected by Harry yet again. It is her addiction. Finding it, she ressurects a barely alive Tom who instructs her to set up Harry for rape.

Unfortuantely, in court, Veritserum proves Harry right and that Ginny is working for Lord Voldemort in an attempt to frame Harry. She goes to prison and Tom joins his older self.

--

Diary Tom joining Voldemort.

--

Harry getting his hands on the Diary much earlier, possibly at six or so. Tom actually likes Harry, and follows him throughout his adventures.

Jon
07-18-2006, 11:14 AM
I've yet to see a Dumstrang Harry Story. It is the perfectAlternate Universe reason for a Dark!ButGood!Harry. Can you imagine the fun he'd have? :D When i get time ( AkA my laptop) I'm going to break it within a week from typing an excess of 40,000 a week atleast. o.x

Mordecai
07-18-2006, 05:02 PM
I remember there was a thread on here once, were we basically wrote a Durmstrang Harry fic, except for the exact dialogue and putting it all togehter into chapters.

You might want to check through the Fanfic Discussion section for the thread. I think it might have been a thread about Shezza looking for something to write about. He choose something else but we kept on discussing it.

Anyone else remember this.

Jheph
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
As a child, Harry was constantly being molested by his aunt in secret.

Mrs. Figg raised Harry, instead of the Dursley.

Harry demonstrates that the sorting hat was right; he has the thirst to prove himself.

Mordecai
07-18-2006, 05:14 PM
As a child, Harry was constantly being molested by his aunt in secret.

Mrs. Figg raised Harry, instead of the Dursley.

Harry demonstrates that the sorting hat was right; he has the thirst to prove himself.

The first one is certainly a twist on abused!Harry, though I think I read a fic once, where she used Harry as a fuck toy from when he hit puberty, because she loved James Potter, which is the reason she hated Lily.

The second is interesting enough sounding, though it wouldn't change the fic all that much. It would depend how closely connecting Mrs Figg is to the Wizarding world.

The third, would be a good simple twist to make Harry slightly more knowledgeable, which I like.

EDIT: Just thought of something. I would like to see a fic, where Harry gets a letter that tells him that he will possibly inherit a shopping list of powers when he hits 16 or 17, whatever is applicable. His birthday comes, and he only gets one or two of the lesser abilities. Like he could have gotten multiple magical animagus, wandless magic, metamorphmagus ability and such like. But all he got was a natural mind barrier (basically like natural occlumency) and a slightly increased charms ability or something similar to that. COuld be qutie interesting

Niffler Lord
07-19-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm curious about the first one. Do you have a link?

Anti-Cliches ... How about where Harry isn't moaning about Sirus's death but instead smoldering in anger and throwing himself into finding ways to kill Bellatrix... slowly.

Deadman
07-19-2006, 01:50 AM
-Harry is actually Hagrid and Lily's love child and he grows 5 feet on his sixteenth birthday. (I'm kidding on this one, the...umm...physics... of it just don't add up.)

Seriously, I've read one Harry-is-raised-by-Hagrid and it was interesting I guess. Harry ended up a wild-child. Wierd.

This isn't far from the previous mental accident:

-Harry's parents were killed in a plane accident, orchestrated by Voldemort, flying over the jungles of Africa. Harry of the Jungle must be brought back, by Luna- the daughter of rich but nutty newspaper tycoon Mr. Lovegood, to face his destiny and reintegrate into the civilised world.

Yarrgh!
07-19-2006, 07:48 AM
-Harry's parents were killed in a plane accident, orchestrated by Voldemort, flying over the jungles of Africa. Harry of the Jungle must be brought back, by Luna- the daughter of rich but nutty newspaper tycoon Mr. Lovegood, to face his destiny and reintegrate into the civilised world.

LMAO!!!!

That's an awesome idea...George of the Jungle/Tarzan!Harry!!!

*gives Deadman rep for making him laugh*

Olfrik
07-19-2006, 08:16 AM
How about Harry getting adopted by aragog as a small child and growing acrumantula hide instead of the basilisk/dragon hide battle robes. And nobody could rescue him, because they couldn't get to him as an AU.

Mordecai
07-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Aragog would eat him rather than bring him up.

Niffler, sorry, I jsut remember reading it ages ago, Petunia fucking Harry wasn't the main point of the fic or anyhing like that, I think it wasa severitus fic.

KeshinNoAkui
07-19-2006, 05:41 PM
I think the ultimate anti-cliche would having Voldemort killed by someone that's not Dumbledore, or Harry. Yeah the story would be kinda pointless afterwards, but it'd just be interesting to see.

Mordecai
07-19-2006, 06:38 PM
that would be funny, Harry trains for years to get good enough to kill voldie, then as he is duelling Voldemort, some random muggle throws a stone that just happens to break Voldies neck. THe backlash would be hilarious to read.

Olfrik
07-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Ron Weasley wants to be the Harry Potter for one Hogsmeade weekend and takes polyjuice. He gets kidnaped by deatheaters and kills Voldemort in the end though some idiotic thing. Then he kills Harry because he doesn't get the fame he deserves.

Vayne
07-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I like the concept of a completely apathetic Harry, but it would be kinda hard to keep it interesting since he wouldn't want to do anything.

Somewhat inspired by the RaisedByLockhart!Harry idea, I'd love to see Harry accepting his fame. Canon pre-hogwarts, but then he takes to the celebrity thing. More or less canon, but obviously Harry would be a lot more self-confident, and he wouldn't be stuck with just Ron and Hermione as his friends. I'm thinking of stuff like giving the press interviews after he defeated Quirrel/Voldemort in 1st year, and the Basilisk in 2nd year. There'd be some brilliant interactions between him and Lockhart as well; Gilderoy fawning around Harry after a share of the limelight and Harry just brushing him off. It'd really get interesting around books 3 and 4, as Celebrity!Harry's word on Sirius Black or Voldemort would be a lot harder to dismiss than Canon!Harry's. I'm not suggesting that Harry go all Slytherin and manipulate the press to his advantage, or that he become a total publicity whore like Lockhart, but just that he accepts that he's a celebrity and people want to know about his life and he just runs with it.

That said, seeing Lockhart-raised Harry *would* be brilliant. As would Harry raised by Moody (as seen in some of Rorschach's Blot's 'Odd Ideas')

Mordecai
07-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Nonjon did an apathetic Harry once, it is really ratehr good. The link is in the library somewhere, from when he did some self plugging.

THe accepting his fame Harry idea is nice as well, it could be good to read.

Athenia
07-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Unsung Hero started out as a pretty good apathetic Harry; of course it skips over the parts you sounded like you were interested in and Harry seems to becoming less apathetic as the story progressess.

Vayne
07-19-2006, 10:57 PM
I' read Nonjon's fics ages ago, Freedom of Apathy and Apathy of Freedom were good reads, but I didn't think they were particularly good examples of apathy; Harry lost his concern with the wizarding world, yes, but it was replaced with concern for the magical creatures instead. Harry was too active on their behalf to really be apathetic.

What I think of when I hear Apathetic!Harry is more like this:
[Scene: Gryffindor common room during CoS, just after Ginny is taken to the Chamber]
Ron: Harry, you've gotta help me come rescue Ginny!
Harry: Ron, I'm busy right now, can't it wait?
Ron: [Looks round, frowns] Harry, you're not busy, you're just sitting there eating chocolate frogs and throwing the wrappers at Colin.
Harry: ... Like I said, busy.
Ron: Come on Harry, we've got everything sorted! We know where the entrance to the Chamber is, we know what the creature is, we just need you to come down to the bathroom and open it up for us!
Harry: [Unwraps another frog and pops it into his mouth. He glances at the card while chewing thoughtfully. On seeing it's another Dumbledore he flicks it at Ron] Nope, that sounds like far too big an interruption to my schedule for me to [pauses to ball up the frog wrapper and toss it in Colin's direction. It bounces off his head and he calls out 'Thanks Harry!'] even contemplate it.
Ron: But if you don't help my sister will die! How can you be so heartless!
Harry: Well, you've got all those other brothers, it's not like losing a sibling or two would make that big a difference, you know?

Note: I realised halfway through typing that that Colin should've been petrified by that point, but I wanted him for target practice, so in this version it was, um, someone else who got petrified instead. Maybe Su Li or another faceless filler character.

KeshinNoAkui
07-20-2006, 03:48 AM
A Harry who actually understands females more so than any guy at Hogwarts.

People gotta realize that girl's aren't that complicated. But said idea could work for Playboy!Harry or even make Harry/Harem more interesting, without resorting to humor/dark themes.

Taure
07-20-2006, 08:59 AM
I would like to see a fic where there's a good reason why people are scared to say Voldemort's name. Like he's done some sort of spell so that he knows when someone says his name and who it is, and goes after them. As Dumbledore is the only one who can stand up to Voldemort, Dumbledore is the only one willing to say it.

Athenia
07-20-2006, 09:05 AM
For any history buffs out there, has there ever been anything like that before? Where, for at least a period, people were afraid to speak some ruler/dictator/tyrants name? I know JKR made some off hand comment at one point about the themes being a slightly exaggerated form of real things, but not only can I not think of anyone now refusing to use a name, I can't remember anytime in which that was ever true. I suppose there might have been times when people didn't want to say a god's name - or God's name, but my history is weak enough that I don't really know enough to say one way or another beyond that.

Olfrik
07-20-2006, 09:29 AM
In medieaval times it was out of respect that the servants and other lower folk speak about the king or even the Lords only by title, never by name. (Germany)

I can dimly remember something from russian history. There was once a band of people who slaughtered most gruesomly. Everybody called them The Plague.

I find it interesting however that there seems to be a real reason why people don't call him LV.

Another clue about the importance of Voldemort's name comes from Dobby at the end of CoS. Harry questions Dobby and says, "You told me all this had nothing to do with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, remember? Well---" Dobby's response, "Was giving you a clue. The Dark Lord, before he changed his name, could be freely named, you see?" There is something about his name that is dangerous.

The largest argument against this theory comes from Dumbledore at the beginning of SS (11). "I have never seen any reason to be frightened of saying Voldemort's name." (But Dumbledore was also the only one Voldemort ever feared and thus less likely to come to harm from uttering the name.) We all like to think of Dumbledore as unfailing, never wrong about anything. Could this be something Dumbledore does not know about? Is this a secret Snape has been keeping from Dumbledore?

cited from http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/editorials/edit-oakley.shtml

---------------------------------------------------------

Another anti-cliche I want to see: Harry is brought up by wormtail and the Saviour of the WWorld is a coward, though an intelligent one. It would be almost the complete opposite to the classical stupid but brave and honorable Harry. It would be funny to see that Dumbledore sets the adventures for Harry, but Harry doesn't have any motivation to get into them.

andiais
07-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Also, it could originate from the sidhe mythology. Nobody ever mentioned the ruler of the Unseelie court by name after dark, as it would call them the person who uttered it, resulting in much misery for said person. Maybe people think Voldemort will appear if they say his name?

Probably not, of course, but I like the idea.

Mordecai
07-20-2006, 04:08 PM
An interesting anti-cliche, would be that for some reason, Harry ended up spending a good portion of his early years in a Young Offenders Institution. It could be that Dudley commited a crime, and Harry was framed for it by the Dursleys. Whether he came out and attended Hogwarts as just a bit more worldly version of canon Harry, or if he came out as a hardened person, who knows more about various criminal activities than most police officers.

Vayne
07-20-2006, 04:10 PM
I dunno, I think Voldemort reacting to people saying his name would make it too easy to trap him. You get 2 squads of aurors lined up in some unimportant place, say Norridge, plus Joe Q Average, a perfectly normal civilian wizard. He says Voldemort, dives for cover, the aurors open up with Avada's, Voldemort apparates in and bam, another decade disincorporated.

Nenagh24
07-20-2006, 05:19 PM
It would be nice to see a historically accurate story out there, there is only one that I remember seeing and I can't even remember its name anymore. Most stories I see now have too many references to the twenty-first century and technology therein, too many American slang words, or mess up the obvious historical figures from real life. Unless Harry is out of Hogwarts or has transcended time and space, we should not see him gabbing away on a Razor cell phone.

Muttering Condolences
07-20-2006, 06:19 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the Jews are forbidden from uttering the name of 'God', so they represent him with 'YHWH" or something. This could possibly be the idea behind the 'You-Know-Who' bit.

Fuegodefuerza
07-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Actually, I think it's the other way around, Muttering.

Yarrgh!
07-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Mordecai: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=1943

I want to see Tom Riddle have a larger role. Not necessarily as a 1940s!Fic, but in the modern HP world. Where his choices and his experiences when he was know as 'Tom Riddle' are described in greater depth.

How did he become a Dark Lord? Where did he learn so much from? How did he get the fighting/leadership experience?

Fuegodefuerza
07-20-2006, 06:44 PM
How about a story where Harry is a complete Gryffindor but has the power to get away with it? I mean, Harry rushes headlong into battles with no regard for his own safety and ends up standing in a pool of blood because he's actually that good.

And I'm not talking about the shit with Harry thinking that he's a total Slytherin now, but acts like a Gryffindor. I'm talking about a Harry that accepts the traits he was given and learns to fight with them. And this Harry has to be hardcore. (Yes, I said hardcore in a sentence.) I want a Harry with all the traits of a Gryffindor except the nobility and saving people thing. I want a ruthless, powerful Harry who obliterates everything in his way using pure force, and not trying to be all Machiavellian.

Mordecai
07-20-2006, 07:52 PM
That could be interesting, though perhaps not the cup of tea for most members here

Fuegodefuerza
07-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I just want it for originality's sake. I've seen the Political!Harry done to death, more often than not being done badly, and I think that the opposite would be pretty cool to read about. Mainly, I'm just tired of reading the same thing over and over again, and would appreciate something different.

Dark Lord Rostam
07-20-2006, 10:07 PM
As an example, when the press is slandering him, instead of using Rita to print his article, he just goes to Daily Prophet headquarters and trashes the place.

He rants and raves and forces them to write the article he wants. Instead of going to MoM on threstals, he forces someone to take them there

Like that Fue?

KeshinNoAkui
07-21-2006, 02:30 AM
I've been toying with the idea of a Crow!Harry for a few weeks. It could be done PostHBP, and interpreted as 'the power he knows not', aka, vengance. Or something non-love related.

Litha Riddle
07-21-2006, 04:07 AM
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but I'd really like to see an anarchist/activist Harry.

He's always getting involved in politics, but always the stereotypical politics.

I'm tired of reading stories about him being the ultimate statesman.

Litha

Fuegodefuerza
07-21-2006, 11:51 AM
As an example, when the press is slandering him, instead of using Rita to print his article, he just goes to Daily Prophet headquarters and trashes the place.

He rants and raves and forces them to write the article he wants. Instead of going to MoM on threstals, he forces someone to take them there

Like that Fue?

Yes! I like that. Although I was shooting more for that happening in battles or raids, but...the way you put would be AWESOME!

Nenagh24
07-21-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm just wondering, has anyone ever seen Harry as a Circus Clown? I've seen trapeze artist once or twice, but I've never seen any fictions where Harry has a job that really isn't too good and he still likes the job. Could you imagine, Voldemort looks up and sees a balloon dog just floating down to him and it explodes or something.

Just a weird little thought I was having, it sure goes against the norm!

Yarrgh!
07-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Mr. F...that's Incubus ;) Powerful, I-Don't-Give-A-Fuck!Harry doing what needs to be done with cunning, but mostly brute force.

You wanna put me on trial for using magic? Bish, i'm gonna make you look like a fool, and when this farce is over, I'll kill you regardless of the fun that it was.

You slander me? I'll break your legs until you write exactly what I want you to write, motherfucker.

That sort of thing ^_^

Fuegodefuerza
07-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Yarrgh!: And that is why I'm in love with your story. It's such a polar opposite from the usual hero Harry gets to be. Incubus and Bungle in the Jungle, by Jim. Both have that kind of hero, and coincidentally, both are my favorite stories.

Mordecai
07-21-2006, 01:13 PM
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but I'd really like to see an anarchist/activist Harry.

He's always getting involved in politics, but always the stereotypical politics.

I'm tired of reading stories about him being the ultimate statesman.

Litha

For some reason, I jsut got the image of Feminist!Harry. Yeah, I can see him and Hermione joining forces in their first year, to combat sexist school rules, take down sexist teachers, and seriously get on Minerva's nerves. That would be amazing to read.

Dragon Watcher
07-22-2006, 04:51 AM
What about A harry is dropped in the middle of the Jungle that has Tarzan and is raised by a wolf before he challenges the lead wolf for Dominances and dies?

Or what about him being raised by Jesus and is trained in holy magic but, then he gets into a fight and jesus kills harry?

What about a story where harry's family visits Asia and he's sold to hot Bisexuals as a slave and instead of gettin any he has to watch and isn't allowed to pleasure himself? And then dies at an old age of 250 crying to himself as he finally is allowed to wank off before being put to death and hung on the wall like a common house elf?

Or maybe a story where he's raised by his son who travels back in time to bang his mom but went to far back and now has to raise his dad so when he goes to school he can kill off Flamel and get Perenelle for himself who really stole the PS/SS and replaced it with a fake transfigured tennis ball. (in case you didn't catch that, in the future Harry buggers a lady old enough to be his great-great-great-great-great gramma) You know what I do recommend this to Vash, he's good with that type of stuff

Oh, oh what about a story where Harry's body matures at a young age and he get's sent to Juvy for raping his childhood teacher who spanked him and he liked it. Then he starts raping all the little boys in jail and gets freed by dumbles and starts buggering girls again cause he likes girls but in jail you bugger or get buggered!

Maybe a story where he's to be executed because he killed off a holy wizarding stuffed dancing banana:banana: but escapes and moves to India and buys many different monkey paws and gets a lawyer to right up ways to avoid the nasty business and lives the immortal life sleeping with different women and while we're at it toss in a Department store the sells wizarding stuffed dancing bananas in India too! It wasn't holy just cheap!

Maybe a story where Harry accidently enters an adult Manga called Super Taboo. Go on, I dare all of those who know what it is to come forward. Come on... bitch. (This one actually wasn't my idea.... go figure)

Maybe one where Ginny tries to sneak into his bed one night and sleep with him but accidently goes into Ron's and she gets pregnant but when the baby comes out it looks disturbingly like Peewee herman or Dumbles or Crookshanks! He's magical so it could happen! Maybe the kid could be born a natural animagus (cat)

Or maybe one where Dobby's the thing-that-lived! He was ordered by Malfoy to go to Voldemort and warn him of Dumbles arriving and accidently popped in front of the killing curse and sent it back with his wandless magic.

I should stop...maybe one more? yeah one more!

harry apparates right after the killing curse right in front of a Sumo wrestler is sitting down and gets stuck in his crack and is on a mission to venture his way up through the body and out the mouth into freedom!!! (Lemiwinks)

Niffler Lord
07-22-2006, 09:41 AM
OK what the hell was the point of all that??

If those are your ideas I have to say they are crap and depressing. And if you are trying to be funny... that ain't working either.

Fuegodefuerza
07-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah, Dragon? That wasn't funny. At all. Just slightly disturbing and strange.

faithsbigbrother
07-22-2006, 12:02 PM
I thought Dragon ws funny. Strange, yes. but funny too

Fuegodefuerza
07-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Welcome to DLP, faithsbigbrother! Now, mosey on down to the Introduction forum and start your own thread about yourself.

rj_stone2
07-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Dumbledore actually being a "Good Cop Gone to Far" Person who hates evil so much he fights even worse than Death Eaters do. (There are worse things than Death, Tom).

He trains Harry to be his successor in this and together they disembowel, brutally torture, and anihilate on their quest for "Good". No one knows about their real activities...

Just wanted to say that this would be hilarious, whether as a one shot or an extended story. Maybe have a set up something like the classic SNL Reagan sketch:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/86fmasterbrain.phtml

Yarrgh!
07-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Dragon...that was bad. This thread isn't an excuse to put out ideas that you think would be funny or ideas that are idiotic and have no place in HP Fanfiction. The point of this thread is to point out things that haven't happened in Fanfiction, things that serious authors might consider using in their fics.

Jon
07-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Back on track.

Psychic!Harry, Like full on mind power, telekinesis, Telepathy, the whole shabang. :P Imagine the terror he would cause when he entered Hogwarts.

EDIT: Oh, and he is a complete sociopath. :)

Litha Riddle
07-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Psychic!Harry, Like full on mind power, telekinesis, Telepathy, the whole shabang. :P Imagine the terror he would cause when he entered Hogwarts.

That actually sounds like a really good idea.

I can actually imagine him reading the sorting hat's mind, sort of like a reverse mind probe.
Or even a kind of Carrie like psychic power, which would be pretty cool.

Litha

xlittle_pyrox
07-23-2006, 03:41 AM
bwahaha, I actually thought dragon's ideas were funny... they'd make good parodies... but then, i am half asleep and it's 2:40 in the morning...

Dubrichius
07-23-2006, 04:14 AM
Harry jams a pair of dice up Voldemort's nostrils, then headbutts him on the nose to make them come blasting out of his ears. That'd be rather amusing, wouldn't it?

Olfrik
07-23-2006, 11:42 AM
I was searching for an AU story that started with Harry in CoS commanding the basilisk to stop, Ginny killed and then Riddle eaten by the basilisk. It sounds like a cliche, I know but I havent seen it done, so it makes a good start for an AU.

Litha Riddle
07-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Another one I'd like to read.

It's close to Olfrik's idea, but I'd love to see Harry kill Ginslut to stop Tom Riddle.
I mean the diary is powered by her soul/energy, so cutting the supply would stop Tom.

Litha

Niffler Lord
07-24-2006, 01:34 AM
I think that was done is a chapter of Burn Baby Burn. I remember Harry cut off Ginny's head before going pyro on the basalisk.

Doxkid
07-28-2006, 02:00 PM
What about the classic cliche boosted up a bit?

Harry dragged his gun up using the last wisps of his . "Eat lead Voldibitch!!" With a twitch that barely shifted it, he dragged the trigger back emptying his uzi into Voldimorts Balls. "Kicked you're ass." he muttered before passing out just as a blast of tidal wave like magic rippled from the two warriors Eating away at all people nearby. "You did it son. You did it with the power of love" were the last murmurs of Dumbledore as he, ginny, ron, hermione, and all order members, and death eaters where vaporized.

Hours later,
Harry struggled to crack the lid of his left eye. Apparently that was a bad idea because voldemort who was only shot in his barely existing ball (yes, a dark ritual took his left one) and was looming over him. "Hey, did we kill them all?" "Ya...you really had me going for a sec. Stupid weaklings believing that a bullet to my ball would kill me...Wanna go on a killing spree?" the near giddy dark lord drawled. "Nah" croaked the boy-who-got-pissed-off-and-destroyed-fifteen-miles-of-scotland. "Ok then...wanna go get ice cre..." he was immediately cut of by a sudden shout of "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!" From his near dead protege. "I guess thats a yes..."

Olfrik
07-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I'd love to see a super child Harry, who hasn't got any control over his magic. Whatever he thinks for a split moment, it just happens. However, the magic does only react when its an unconciuos idea, he can't really 'use' it to his advantage and can't stop it either if it decides to act up. It would make for a nice humor fic if one had enough ideas.

Doxkid
07-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Changing around the whole dumbledore is training harry to kill; how about the unicorns are plotting against everyone because the whole Back of the head voldemort thing? That i know has never been done before! purge the world of evil be ridding the world of humans. Harry could be in azkaban and have to live alone fighting and running from 'light' creatures the rest of his life. The idea cam from 'in the mouth of madness'. he could constantly be muttering "they coming for us. The unicorns are united against us. The phoenixes will kill you all. Only evil can be trusted;get the help of the thestrals. The acromantula will protect you if you seek their help" and get tossed in prison like the mentally unstable did decades ago.

He could even draw little crosses and stuff with his own blood on the walls so they cant get him. readers would never see it coming.

Yarrgh!
07-29-2006, 12:21 PM
I don't think I'd ever want to read that. :/

Vayne
07-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I don't think I'd ever want to read that. :/

Seconded.

Anti-cliche: How about a fic where people aren't lopping off limbs using cutting charms taught in hogwarts, or blowing holes in people with reductors? Seriously, do you think that a school would teach it's pupils spells that could do that much damage? Especially one where tensions routinely run as high as they do at Hogwarts?

In a similar vein to that, it'd be a nice change to see a fic where the Unforgiveables actually deserved that name. The Cruciatus curse being the absolute worst pain that can be created, the Avada Kedavra being the most lethal curse in existence etc. I see far too many fics where xyz is described as 'hurting worse than the Cruciatus' (most typically potions to fix Harry's eyes). If that were the case people wouldn't use the Cruciatus, they'd use xyz instead.

Dubrichius
07-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Anti-cliche: How about a fic where people aren't lopping off limbs using cutting charms taught in hogwarts, or blowing holes in people with reductors? Seriously, do you think that a school would teach it's pupils spells that could do that much damage? Especially one where tensions routinely run as high as they do at Hogwarts?
*snort* I could just see how it would play out. Maybe like this:

"Diffindo!" Harry bellowed, waving his wand in a horizontal zig-zag, as an arc of violet light soars from his wand, and towards Draco Malfoy's right arm. When the spell made contact with his arm, the Malfoy heir looked down to examine the damage. The spell had cut right through... his sleeve, leaving his arm completely unblemished.

"And just what were you trying to accomplish with that charm, Potter? That was my favourite shirt, damnit! Now look at it! It's missing a sleeve! It's ruined! I can't even get a refund for it, because you did that on purpose!!" Malfoy screeched at the top of his lungs, jumping up and down like a pubescent schoolgirl.

"Umm, I thought that would have taken your arm off," Harry meekly explained, shuffling his feet in embarassment.

"That's not the spell you use to remove limbs, Scarhead! It's this one! Dismembra!" Malfoy yelled, deftly waving his wand in three small curves, as a disk of silver light cleaved its way through the air, making a sound similar to a circular saw, before passing through Ginny Weasley's neck, severing her head from her body.

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time," Malfoy sneered, "That little bitch has been hounding me ever since Third Year."

"Oh, please! She's wanted to get into my pants since before we ever met," Harry topped, mentally recording the name of the spell that Malfoy Jr used. "Now, where were we?"

This was just a little something that came to mind, and I thought I might share it with everyone.

Giovanni
07-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I know this has been said many times before... But if I see Remus call Harry 'cub' one more fucking time I am going to have to go out and kill something.

If Harry is such a Cub then where was Remus the Dead Beat Uncle/Supposedly Dad for the first 13 years of his life? Hell where was he for any of them?

Harry needs to go out and pop a silver cap in ole wolfies ass.

Jon
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Changing around the whole dumbledore is training harry to kill; how about the unicorns are plotting against everyone because the whole Back of the head voldemort thing? That i know has never been done before! purge the world of evil be ridding the world of humans. Harry could be in azkaban and have to live alone fighting and running from 'light' creatures the rest of his life. The idea cam from 'in the mouth of madness'. he could constantly be muttering "they coming for us. The unicorns are united against us. The phoenixes will kill you all. Only evil can be trusted;get the help of the thestrals. The acromantula will protect you if you seek their help" and get tossed in prison like the mentally unstable did decades ago.

He could even draw little crosses and stuff with his own blood on the walls so they cant get him. readers would never see it coming.

That reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons when the Dolphins take over the world.

Brooklynight
07-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Vayne

Already done: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2625651/1/

Focus: I've never seen a fic in which Harry's Parseltongue ability has healing properties, hey theres a snake on the star of life, Asclepius had a snake on his staff.

Fuegodefuerza
07-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Focus: I've never seen a fic in which Harry's Parseltongue ability has healing properties, hey theres a snake on the star of life, Asclepius had a snake on his staff.

That is mentioned in A Second Chance at Life by Miranda Flairgold, but only for maybe a paragraph.

I would like to see a fic where Harry's Animagus form is utterly useless. Like, in jbern's To Fight the Coming Darkness, he has Dumbledore's Animagus be a goat. I think that it would be funny to have Harry's Animagus be one of the Irakandji (sp?) jellyfish. They have the most potent venom in the world, but are the size of a fingernail and are extremely weak.

Alayna
07-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Fuegodefuerza: The one of useless animagus is done in Harry Potter and the Manipulator of Destiny from Wheezy1. (won't say what, it spoils the fun) But there are unfortunately tons of other clichees...

What about Harry sees it useless to fight against Voldemort because he is too weak and runs away? It could just show what the wizarding world is doing without their figurehead. And perhaps this is the power he has...
The one to unite the world by disappearing

Fulgar
08-02-2006, 12:32 AM
The zombie horror one gave me an idea, how about a story which incorporates the monsters from Doom. Now, I know thinking of an idea as to where they came from and how they came to earth would be a major headache but still. ;)

The Doom monsters could be resilient to some forms of magic and when the flying skulls take over a wizard, it would use their animagus form (every wizard has one, not all have been able to use it though, or I think thats how it works) instead of turning them into zombies. Or maybe turn them into zombies with magic powers or just make them explode from the massive invading energy from the skulls trying to overwrite the wizards DNA which in turn tears the wizard apart since their magic is trying to fight back the invading energy.

The fight scenes would probably include a one-sided massacre but all the better. :p Of course, the flying skulls would have to take over the creatures in the forest when they attack Hogwarts, turning them into magic resilient creatures with already enhanced senses and strength.

I am hoping this idea could be turned into a great story but in all honesty probably not.

Verse of Darkness
08-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Alchemist Harry?

Fulgar
08-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Done already, its a H/HG shipper and it was discontinued (at the best of my knowledge :confused: ). If you want I can send you an e-mail of the story. But it's only for those who can stomach more light-hearted material. :p

Cypher3au
08-03-2006, 02:23 AM
I know this has been said many times before... But if I see Remus call Harry 'cub' one more fucking time I am going to have to go out and kill something.

If Harry is such a Cub then where was Remus the Dead Beat Uncle/Supposedly Dad for the first 13 years of his life? Hell where was he for any of them?

Harry needs to go out and pop a silver cap in ole wolfies ass.

I've been wondering about that for a while, too. And if I remember correctly, Remus never exactly wrote to Harry after the third book. Hell, Sirius was running for his life off in the tropics somewhere and he still managed to wrangle parrots and other birds into delivering letters for him.

Kinda makes me wonder what the hell Tonks sees in him, and why she'd be pining over the moron so badly that it'd cost her her metamorph powers.

Hmm, an original idea...

Ok, we've all seen Harry find books and relics and journals in the mouth of Slytherin's statue in the Chamber of Secrets, but has he ever found petrified people? Maybe Slytherin's little pet petrified them, and he stashed them down there to hide them or attempt to revive them before he left Hogwarts. Now, in the twentieth century, there's finally someone who'll get them out of there, and potions to revive them.

Who are they, and how do they deal with being stuck a thousand years after their own time?

Stalicon
08-03-2006, 02:48 AM
A story where Harry sees Tonks' true form and gains the power to control her or something along those lines, have it like a weakness to make up the balance for having an unlimited ability to morph into anything else.

And he lords it over her like a prick and makes her do degrading things to make his own angst ridden ass feel better. (Ha! no, I understand I would never dream of abusing my power over you. Shit Bish!)

Say what you will but all the uber nice guy fics are getting to me, and a cool twist on the 'Why I never show my true form' cliche'.... er I hope anyway.

Kai Shek
08-03-2006, 02:57 AM
Hmm, an original idea...

Ok, we've all seen Harry find books and relics and journals in the mouth of Slytherin's statue in the Chamber of Secrets, but has he ever found petrified people? Maybe Slytherin's little pet petrified them, and he stashed them down there to hide them or attempt to revive them before he left Hogwarts. Now, in the twentieth century, there's finally someone who'll get them out of there, and potions to revive them.

Who are they, and how do they deal with being stuck a thousand years after their own time?

Thats a cool idea, I would read that, as long as it didn't have any of my pet peeves, that is.

and I got many.

Amerision
08-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Maybe he can find a petrified Rowena Ravenclaw..but then, that would be too close to H/HG.

Or..how about Slytherin himself? He petrified himself to go in the future.

Verse of Darkness
08-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Maybe he can find a petrified Rowena Ravenclaw..but then, that would be too close to H/HG.

Or..how about Slytherin himself? He petrified himself to go in the future.

Harry/Rowena could work... the difference between her and Granger is that Rowena isn't well... Hermione?

darkinferno9908
08-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I'd like to see a fic where Harry and Voldermort become somewhat 'allies' yet still enemies (think Professor X and Magneto) done right. I've seen one before but it got a bit too twisted for my taste when they started &#*@*##!! *is dragged away* You don't want to hear what kinda sick twisted crap happened. But yea, I'd like to see a good one of those.

I'd also like to see a Ginny/Wormtail.

Taure
08-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah, Harry/Rowena is my favourite pairing. If you haven't read Lord Ravenclaw's Era of Hogwarts (and if you haven't then you deserve something very bad to happen to you) then read it and you'll find out why.

Niffler Lord
08-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I'd like to see a fic where Harry and Voldermort become somewhat 'allies' yet still enemies (think Professor X and Magneto) done right. I've seen one before but it got a bit too twisted for my taste when they started &#*@*##!! *is dragged away* You don't want to hear what kinda sick twisted crap happened. But yea, I'd like to see a good one of those.

I'd also like to see a Ginny/Wormtail.

I definetly don't want to think about, let alone see, a Ginny/Wormtail. On the other hand your first wish can be granted... http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=2605.

Personally I think a Harry/Hufflepuff might be more interesting.

mcatrage
08-03-2006, 02:51 PM
how about someone making harry completely emo

and have harry/umbridge (post ootp)

sure would be intresting and disgusting to say the least.

NOTE: not something i would ever want to read and i hate pussy!harry

Brooklynight
08-03-2006, 03:20 PM
how about someone making harry completely emo

How about NO, or search Harry/Draco/Servus on ff.net.

and have harry/umbridge (post ootp)

The gods have smiled upon thee: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2824012/1/

Jon
08-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Harry Killing Tom Riddle before the Basilisk came. And Thus becomes the Basilisks master, and as the story progresses the Basilisk Seduces Harry to the Dark side.

Jheph
08-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Harry grows up the same treatment with the Dursley except from Dudley who became his best friend. Harry is a member of Dudley’s gang and they terrorise and bully other children. Bully!Harry

After Dumbledore places Harry in the care of the Dursley, Privet Drive was attacked by the remaining Death Eaters. They succeeded in killing the Dursley and proving that the blood wards are inadequate in protecting Harry.

After the defeat of the Dark Lord by the hands of a one year old baby, one of the inner-circle Death Eater took his place and continued the war.

In the PS/SS book, Snape helped Quirrel in acquiring the stone.

Harry discovers masturbation early in his life. He uses it as an escape in the cruelty in his life. He became so addicted to it and in turn saw the brilliance in life, the sexy curvy female body. ClosetPervert!Harry

Harry realise that his treatment from the Dursley is illogical and in turn hated things that have no logical reasoning. When he was told that he is a wizard, he hated it. Magic has no logical basis and the Wizarding world and government is even worst, he despise them. MagicHater!Harry

Snape choked in his food when he glared at Harry (first year) in the opening feast. He died and Dubledore is forced to get a new potion professor.

Harry is raised by Snape and discovers that, he is his real father. He fall in love with Draco, but he has a secret carnal desire for his real father. They butt fucked each other and lived happily ever after… Just kidding! Don’t take this shit seriously.

Dubrichius
08-06-2006, 09:44 AM
In an AU world where Harry's parents didn't die, Harry falls in love with Lily, and wants her for his own.

Jheph
08-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Dark Jedi Knight: That’s been already done by Vash in Oedipus Flower. It’s not love per say, but lust is close enough.

Dubrichius
08-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Dark Jedi Knight: That’s been already done by Vash in Oedipus Flower. It’s not love per say, but lust is close enough.
Yes, the idea I stated has been done before, but; one time, a cliché, does not make.

Anyway, BOT: ideas... ideas... ideas...............*looks over at Please Teacher! DVD boxset* EUREKA! After staying back after an Astronomy lesson during either fifth or sixth year, Harry recieves 'private tutoring' from Professor Sinistra. Barely ever see that idea done, and never done well enough for my standards. In fact... *goes off to make new request in the Smut Shop*

Griever
08-06-2006, 12:15 PM
In accord with my fandom of choice, I'd like to see someone do 'Harry Schneider, the Exploder Wizard' and do it well. Be it as a crossover, a fusion, or whatever. It'd be a decent meld of both pervert!Harry and blowsthehelloutofanythingthatpisseshimoff!Harry. I once tried scribbling up something in that vein, but it never quite worked out, and while it wasn't utterly horrid I just couldn't find the motivation to get the hell on with writing past the prologue.

For a non-crossover choice? Hmm. Let me consider ...

Well, I'd concur that getting a well written Hufflepuff!Harry story would be at least middlingly interesting. Not necessarily heir to anything, you understand ... maybe he just got annoyed at both Malfoy and Weasley on the train, something happened to make Ravenclaw unappealing - first meeting with Cho didn't go well, maybe? Or somesuch plot device - and he ended up going 'sod it, I've had enough of people telling me what I should think and who I should be friends with. I want somewhere where I can just be myself, and that's bloody it!' which lands him in Hufflepuff. If only because I haven't seen Gryffindor, Slytherin, or Ravenclaw being great advocates of people finding their own way. Of course, it'd also be a story prone to making people experience all sorts of tooth-rotting 'feel good' fluff if it wasn't done quite right.

Somebody actually continuing the 'Heir to Gargamel' short. Because it was funny. *snrk* Blue communist gnomes.

Harry being appalled at the seemingly casual use of Memory Charms in the Wizarding World, and that nobody sees anything wrong with this.

Taking this further, Harry becoming hard and uncompromising where things like morals are concerned, sort of like Rorschach of 'Watchmen' fame.

Making a spin-off of that particular idea - superhero!Harry has been done before, and rarely well. Here's an idea that I haven't seen used before, but that might work out decently, and fit in with the 'Dark' bit that we all love so much -
young Tom Riddle had always known he was something special, despite the discouragements he'd faced at the orphanage ... however, before he could use some of his 'gifts' to pay back those who'd wronged him, he caught somebody's eye.
Now several years have passed, and Thomas M. R. Cranston, adopted son of Lamont Cranston, moves back to Britain to find out more about his heritage. And, quite possibly, do something about that Grindenwald fellow.

ETA: There is no 'final battle'. Voldemort goes out with a whimper, rather than with the bang most authors insist on giving him. How, why, etc. is free for the author to choose, since it's the concept itself rather than the possible execution that tickles me.

Olfrik
08-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Harry discovered that he is just a painting and playing the star role in a wizarding soap opera. It could happen when he tries to flee and allways ends up in one of the paintings that are created for the series and then he askes himself what is wrong with the world. He died at some point and they took his imprint to sell the series with the stories how he could have grown up.
It could even make a strike!Harry with him fighting for the freedom of painted beiings.

Redeye
08-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Personally i would like to see a story with Herbology(sp?)!Harry, he just keeps plant seeds in his pockets and throws them around to kill people with. keep a devils snare seed in your pocket make it so it can feed off of another persons magic and just throw it at them and let it kill them.
or potions!harry, not like hes a potions master and has sex with snape all the time, but more like he keeps vials of potions on him at all times and you know some potions are like the potions in gauntlet legends where you throw it and it causes damage to a specific area.
or Rune!Harry, now ive seen one story with this and its not to shabby except for the fact that all the knowledge of runes just come out of no where when Harry hasnt even taken runes yet. But i like the idea of harry using runes to boost his magic and allow him to do other feats of magic.
or, the last one, Arithmancy!Harry, where he uses numbers and curse breaking skills to their fullest potential. Like using it to find holes in wards, or using it to boost the power of his spells in some arithmatic way.

all these are ideas id like to see done haha.

Mordecai
08-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Redeye, I did a Rune!Harry fic, imaginatively named The Rune Warrior. I don't claim to it being good, and I warn you it uses a fair number of cliches, I wrote it before I joined here if I remember correctly.

I think something that could be good would be a Harry who is completely apalled at the idea of violence. Not a gay!Harry, just that he can't quite fathom the fact that people want to hurt and kill each other. He refuses to learn spells that have obviously violent uses. IM not meanign like the levitation spell, where he could see obviously non-violent uses, but things like the cutting charm and such like. Probably better done as a tongue in cheek type thing, though perhaps not exactly a complete parody, but a bit OTT and such like.

Harry with a very obsessive fixative personallity could be good. Like he sees or thinks of something he wants, he can't get his mind off it, at least until something else comes along that he wants. It could be quite funny.

sirius009
08-09-2006, 04:05 PM
How about harry lets sirius/remus kill wormtail on POA and sirius gets his name cleared. Snape's pissed off because black's happy so he goes out to find Voldy on his own.
or
Lily/James are still alive because they were DE spies for Voldy and now are his most faithful DE's.
or
Harry goes to Gringotts on his 17th birthday only to find out that the Potter's are dirt poor and have no family vault..

Mordecai
08-09-2006, 04:46 PM
That last idea could be good, perhaps expand on it, and find that the vault he has been using since first year, was actually supplied due to an arrangement with Gringots, made by James Potter, saying something like "If our child is left parentless, then you shall give him ample monetary means to support himself during his schooling. Upon the end of his schooling, he shall be obliged to repay all moneys spent, either through pure monetary repayment, or service to Gringots." Yeah, Harry goes to the bank on his birthday, expecting to hear his parents Will and such like, and comes away knowing that as soon as he graduates from school he will be forced to work for Gringots, for no pay. Could be quite interesting.

Niffler Lord
08-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Interesting idea. That would definetly put a sock in all the people who write Uber-rich!Harry.

I would like to see a near Enlightned!Harry. A young Harry find peace within himself by however means. I think that would work well with Pacifist!Harry. It could also cause problems fro Voldie if he took Harry's blood.

Dark Lord Rostam
08-10-2006, 02:16 AM
Superstitious!Harry. A Harry who believes every superstition. It could be a good humor. I can imagine him throwing salt over his shoulder and blinding Ron.

vanna
08-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Superstitious!Harry would be awesome. Imagine him trying to walk on the floor right under the moving staircases...

sirius009
08-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Superstitious!Harry. A Harry who believes every superstition. It could be a good humor. I can imagine him throwing salt over his shoulder and blinding Ron.

Haha, that has Nonjon or Roarsch written all over it, god that would be funny. Could you imagine harry seeing a black cat and all of a sudden ron gets hit by the knight bus, i mean the author could write it in a way so that nothing bad ever happens to harry but to ron or someone else instead..

Olfrik
08-13-2006, 09:42 PM
I would like to see a Harry that was captured and brought to Voldemort. Then Voldemort casts some kind of Fidelius variant on him to avoid any traitors from rescuing him. In the result he erases Harry's existence from everyone's minds.
Voldemort doesnt trust anyone with the secret so noone knows and Harry escapes because noone is aware that he exists. Then Harry is completely alone and the only way for him to get to talk to someone is to kill Voldemort.
So he can effectively do whatever he wants, sit in Dumbledors office the whole day, talk to the hat and listen to Dumbledores meetings, can get all books and go into each lesson he likes or just stroll the Alleys and take whatever he wants. In the best of cases he would enjoy the silence and not miss anyone anymore.

The second idea was a kind of potions/alchemy AU enacting "The Young Poisoner's Handbook" were he experiments with poisons and potions and starts to experiment using his relatives. He could finally be caught like in the film and sent to St. Brutus'. He wouldnt know any magic but be a genious in potions and alchemy.

madeyemoody
08-13-2006, 11:00 PM
How about a angry at dumbledore harry goes to gringotts and finds out that he does infact have a family vault but there is less than a 1500 galleons left it was all spent by his ancestors. And rather than dumbledore stealing from him,his trust vault is actually what dumbledore gave from his own vault for him to live off of

Harry would feel like such a dick

madeyemoody

MadEyes
08-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Here’s my contribution:

Harry is completely in-tune with his magic since he can remember, but because of his upbringing at the Dursley’s he has a super-powered Notice-Me-Not Charm emanating from him constantly. The charm is so all encompassing, in fact, that everything he does is attributed to someone else. Even though he lives with the Dursley’s they are not aware of him at all, or anything he does for that matter. So he has free reign of their house and of his time.

He learns and grows and the Notice-Me-Not charm is so potent that he can even do magic out of School, and while at Hogwarts everything, from his bed to the books he takes from the Library or the Restricted Section go unnoticed. Indeed, he could get away with murder if he wanted, or he could stand beside Voldemort and not be detected.

You can make it to the extent that after the first meeting and everything is arranged, even Dumbledore seems to forget about him. And he likes this.

A lone-wolf kind of Harry Potter.

Dark Syaoran
08-14-2006, 01:29 AM
That's very interesting. Though, if no one can ever see him... well, it'd get kinda boring. Unless, of course, he learns to control it and lets it down whenever he wants. If he cant, it'd be a good plot device for a humor story. Just imagine all the things he could do while no one was the wiser.

I could just see him standing in the girls showers or something, eating a sandwich while all the hot seventh years get dressed around him.

MadEyes
08-14-2006, 02:13 AM
Exactly, it needn’t be a long story either, and he could reasonably reduce the effect of the charm and just how much he wants to be 'Noticed.' If he kept it secret from everyone, then he could do anything he wanted and you could even plausibly apply the Pervert!Harry idea I read somewhere in here. I mean, really, from stealing Dumbledore’s candies, to Snape’s ingredients. He could kick Filch in the ass and not get blamed, learn whatever he wanted and even skip classes when he's bored without reprisal. He could sleep in the girl’s dormitory if he wanted.

Indeed, he could avoid being used on the Voldemort’s resurrection ritual, and then sneak up on him and burn his body a couple of times with a little contact, screw the Death Eaters over by infiltrating their houses. He could get pictures as evidence that Malfoy is a ponce and send them to the Daily Prophet, etc…

And I just though, if you incorporate a Pervert!Harry into this idea, he could have easily seen enough to publish a wizarding pornographic novel, based on Hogwarts life, which he could start in his second year, really. He only needs a publisher. Hell, by the time everyone found out who the author was in say, Sixth Year, every red blooded male, from student to headmaster could be a fan of his books.

It’s a funny concept all around, I think. And really, I haven’t ever seen it. Everyone always wants to give Harry extreme powers so that he can blow half of Hogwarts with a snap of his fingers, why not give him a power were he could sneak around and screw everyone up? Indeed, you wouldn’t even need to make Harry particularly powerful or even studious, just crazy enough to use the power he controls creatively.

Dark Syaoran
08-14-2006, 03:37 AM
You know... I'd write this, but I don't think I'd be funny enough for it. I don't know, but I might give it a try. People seem to enjoy my Pyromaniac story and say its funny even when I didn't fully intend it to be... I will think on this.

MadEyes
08-14-2006, 03:42 AM
Sweet, tell me if you have a go at it. Personally, I completely suck at writing Humor based stories or fiction, so I leave it to others. I have an extreme amount of ideas that I usually just write and outline and then store in a file I have specifically for that. I’ll see what I can dig up and pot it here. Who knows, maybe someone can write them…

Dark Syaoran
08-14-2006, 03:47 AM
You'll be the first to know if I start the story, as it was your original idea that interested me. I'll probably need some help, since 'humor' isnt my thing. Hopefully I can pull something off.

Jon
08-14-2006, 04:27 AM
-Idea Tax.- Joking. That is a highly interesting concept. Although instead of studying I can picture Harry just copying Hermiones answers. -grins.-

MadEyes
08-14-2006, 05:32 PM
-Idea Tax.- Joking. That is a highly interesting concept. Although instead of studying I can picture Harry just copying Hermiones answers. -grins.-
You know, everyone always makes Harry study like a dog to beat Voldemort, but I bet no-ones done a Slacker!Harry before, eh? Just imagine what would happen if he was just a freeloader and a lazybones who took every shortcut he could find, and maybe have a lucky streak a mile wide. Who knows, the Prophecy doesn’t say what kind of equals they should be, right?

Dark Syaoran
08-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Indeed. Fights dirty, cheating to win. Copying answers from others to gain a larger magical education instead of studying. Heh, Slacker!Harry is different.

I was just looking at your sig, MadEyes. I could see Harry saying that to Voldemort after Tom finishes on a rant about how Harry only has luck and nothing more. That'd piss Voldemort right off.

Amber Myst
08-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Actually, I'd love to see a well-written Post Hogwarts featuring Harry and Angelina. That would absolutely make my universe. Like, maybe how after he destroyed Lord Voldemort they both became famous Quidditch players or something like that and fell in love. Actually *anything* with Harry and Angelina would be nice but I really like the sound of a Post-Hogwards fic. Lessons by K writer is awesome and Majestic's Somewhat Lost is okay (from what I've read so far) but those are the only H/A stories I could find with some sort of plot, length and not to mention grammatical structure.

I might just pitch the idea to K-writer and see what she says.

Jon
08-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Post Hogwarts are rarely worth reading.

Lord_Slytherin
08-15-2006, 03:40 AM
After being raped in his sleep by Ginny, harry becomes a raging sex addict. He then defeats voldie by sleeping with every witch in the world and seducing them to join his army. See the power of lurve really does win in the end!

Oh wait, i think i pretty much just described every Harem fic in existence.

Dark Lord Rostam
08-15-2006, 03:46 AM
After being raped in his sleep by Ginny, harry becomes a raging sex addict. He then defeats voldie by sleeping with every witch in the world and seducing them to join his army. See the power of lurve really does win in the end!

Oh wait, i think i pretty much just described every Harem fic in existence.

...No.

During the 2nd task, Harry sees something in the water. Curious he follows, after a few minutes he realizes he has completely abandoned his task. He tries to rush back, but he is captured. Mermaids capture him, seduce him, and torture him until he agrees to stay on his own will. They train him in water magic, NOT ELEMENTAL MAGIC, Water magic. Elemental magic is a fairy tale, even in the wizarding world. They still have some spells like that, but only basic; eg Incendio. He is trained in water magic, and he hates Wizardkind for what they have done to Mermaids.

He has forgived Mermaids for torturing him, because they trained him. You go from there.

Mordecai
08-15-2006, 04:55 AM
Interesting DLR, but what would the difference be between water magic and elemental magic of the water variety?

Dark Syaoran
08-15-2006, 05:42 AM
Do you mean wandless manipulation of water? Because there are water spells already and stuff.

Jon
08-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Maybe he means Gaaraish abillities?

Mordecai
08-15-2006, 12:59 PM
WTF are Gaaraish abilities Surarrin?

MadEyes
08-15-2006, 01:11 PM
In an Anime called Naruto, there’s a character that can freely manipulate sand named Gaara and use it to both attack and defend, creating things from an armor of sand to a shield of sand, to spikes, streams and whatever else you can think of to attack an opponent while he just stands there with his arms crossed.

Its extremely difficult to overcome his sand because it moved very quickly and if he captures you in a cocoon of sand, he can easily crush someone with a thought. So I would imagine that Surarrin was talking of something of that nature, only with water. Complete water manipulation. Like Haku, whose another character of the same anime that can manipulate water and ice.

Mordecai
08-15-2006, 02:33 PM
SOunds like a recipe for a HArry that could easily kill Voldie but sits around and mopes instead

Stalicon
08-15-2006, 03:52 PM
heh, that might make a good comedy oneshot madeye.

I really would like to see Olfriks Idea about the Fidleus...er that one invisible spell that I can't spell, that would one of the best stories out there if taken by the right author....

EDIT: Gah, the blasted thing didn't take me to the right page, I was refering to Madeyes' post on page 7.

Olfrik
08-15-2006, 03:54 PM
how about a Harry that builds an army of doxies and a lot of other critters. Then he'd be the Lord of the Critters and everyone would fear his army. Maybe even a lot of nasty parasites that infest the Dark Lords bases and he capitulates because he's got some sort of phobia of a special kind of leeches and would rather be a good convict in Azkaban.

PS: Just think of the possibilities. he could infest Gringotts with his army and the Goblins would leave but wizards wouldnt get to their money...

MadEyes
08-15-2006, 05:56 PM
heh, that might make a good comedy oneshot madeye.

I really would like to see Olfriks Idea about the Fidleus...er that one invisible spell that I can't spell, that would one of the best stories out there if taken by the right author....

EDIT: Gah, the blasted thing didn't take me to the right page, I was refering to Madeyes' post on page 7.

Heh, I completely forgot that there was a member in this forum with such a similar screen-name as mine. I imagine you are commenting on madeyemoody's post, and not actually MadEyes' post, eh? 'Cause I don't think I've written anything about the Fidelius.

In any case, I think that making Harry look like an ass would be an interesting One-shot, and a poke in the ribs to those Dumbledore-bashing and Independant!Harry stories, but I don’t think it would be easy to pull off without Harry looking like a wimpy, stubborn brat. Alas, like I said, I suck at humor, which is why I won’t even try it.

Anyways, I had this idea for a One-shot of Harry's first year, so here it goes: How about Harry finds his inner animal and becomes and animagus while he is still a kid. Some kind of Terrier or Puppy, and come the Sorting Ceremony, since Quirrell smells so bad he just goes wild, and transforming, snarling and foaming in the mouth at the smell of Voldemort, he tackles Quirrell, bites him in the ass and drives Shadow!Voldemort on the first day of school, thus revealing that he is still alive and all Hell breaks loose.

Indeed, someone can do a One-shot of every year where Harry just thwarts Voldemort’s plans on the first day of School.

Olfrik
08-15-2006, 07:00 PM
It was indeed me who wrote an idea about how Harry is basically nonexistant to everyone because a fidelius was cast on him by Voldemort. Which would result in a similar setting as with the notice-me-not charm.

Dark Lord Rostam
08-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, Elemental magic is a person who can just raise a whole Ocean and than smash you with it. Water magic would be using the existing water and instead of throwing it around or making a whole wall, he uses the water to make a spear, a shield. But it depends on his magic so he can't go forever.

MadEyes
08-15-2006, 07:07 PM
It was indeed me who wrote an idea about how Harry is basically nonexistant to everyone because a fidelius was cast on him by Voldemort. Which would result in a similar setting as with the notice-me-not charm.

Ah, but wouldn't that give Voldemort too much power over Harry? I mean, if he was the one to cast the spell of Harry, he could easily make himself the Secret Keeper, or one of his lackeys, and that makes Harry extremely easy to kill.

Olfrik
08-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Thats the beauty of it, Harry has to keep vigil, Voldemort wont tell anyone the secret because he is suspicious and he cant easily go out and look for Harry, and he doesnt because its enough that nobody knows of him. Why would Voldemort try to impersonate Snape or someone and come after him? He wouldnt have to kill him, Harry is just out of the picture for Voldi, that should be enough for a time.

sirius009
08-16-2006, 08:22 PM
This is sort of an anti-cliche sort of a challenge..
What if someone wrote a parady were Harry gets in a car accident either pre-hogwarts or after one of his years and ends up with brain damage, therefore making it Mentally Challenged!Harry..

Mahotsuai-Sama
08-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Apathetic Harry from a young age. In other words, when he gets to Hogwarts he's apathetic and realistic.

Take Slytherin traits to the max. In other words, put up a facade for everyone to see, while planning something that will shock and astound them. Would be better suited for it to start early in Hogwarts, as it makes the story much easier to manipulate.

I agree with this one though possibly it's not a facade and the years of abuse have literally torn away his emotions to the point were he can use logic to dictate his moves. he can still be cunning and such but makes no overt attempts to appear normal because well he could care less. No friends, No love interest, Just Allies, Associates, Enemies and useless rabble.

World
08-17-2006, 06:45 AM
[...]making it Mentally Challenged!Harry..

I fear that then Snape would take care of him and Malfoy visits and ...
*is scarred*

Is there any fic that makes fun of there cliches by mentioning but not using them? Like this:

"I'd like to buy a trunk."

"Sure thing. Here, we have our standard model, normal size, made from wood. It even has a lock on it."

"I'm looking for something bigger..."

"No problemo, here we have our XXL model. Fits nearly 50% more than the standard one. It's just a bit on the bulky side."

"Don't you have anything with more compartments, maybe some enlarged space, where you can go in, or even live?"

"Nope."

"Something with magic?"

"None."

"A sticker to put on the trunk?"

"You'd like that, eh?"

Mech Angel.V.2.
08-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Harry and voldemort live in same era. Grindelwald killed dumbledore and is now near immortal. Grindelwald doesnt know it, but harry is destined to beat him. Harry and tom become best friends. Harry and tom both go down a dark path, together slaughtering grindlewald. Harry is dark lord, tom apprentice. Tonks and moody lead a team to kill harry. Tom turns on harry, wiping his memory. Harry is secretly given false memories and becomes an unspeakable. Plot bunny I got from my favorite game.

SSC
08-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Hm, non-clichés... Well, a Vampire!Harry who (*gasp*) doesn't have a mate! A Harry who doesn't immediatly meet other vampires, but has to manage on his own, and who doesn't go around killing/turning people...
It's probably been done before, but then I haven't read it yet. And I'm desperate for it.

Lord Ravenclaw
08-17-2006, 02:41 PM
I fear that then Snape would take care of him and Malfoy visits and ...
*is scarred*

Is there any fic that makes fun of there cliches by mentioning but not using them? Like this:

"I'd like to buy a trunk."

*snip*

Check out Fangalla-marie's Azkaban Parody.

KeshinNoAkui
08-18-2006, 01:36 AM
Hm, non-clichés... Well, a Vampire!Harry who (*gasp*) doesn't have a mate! A Harry who doesn't immediatly meet other vampires, but has to manage on his own, and who doesn't go around killing/turning people...
It's probably been done before, but then I haven't read it yet. And I'm desperate for it.I believe you're looking for Curse of V'arradian (can't remember exact spelling), though Snape has a daughter, which Harry trys not to like, but ends up doing so.

It was good, especially how Harry was portrayed a vampire trying to prevent himself from drinking the blood of another human, though it got a little tedious.

Olfrik
08-18-2006, 04:16 AM
Sirius' will is executed by a ministry department, not the goblins. Sirius writes a letter that is used as proof that Harry had contact with the criminal and therefore Harry goes to Azkaban for aiding a criminal.

sirius009
08-18-2006, 01:22 PM
I like that one, harry, in Azkaban for aiding and abetting..

Darius
08-23-2006, 04:54 AM
I'm sure there are some but I haven't seen any nor have I read this entire forum but how about an Azkaban fic where Harry actually did kill an innocent and is sent to Azkaban. Then it could go either Harry pays the minister to get out, claims Imperious etc. so he's out of Jail but everyone knows he's guilty, or he could break out and be a convict but Convict Harry's been done. Although I find that his name usually gets cleared awfully fast by a ministry that hates him. I'm actually thinking of writing a story like this so if anyone can tell me if there's any of these out there that are novel length it would be appreciated.

LINKed up
08-23-2006, 10:16 AM
My contribution: Siamese twin!Harry

Muttering Condolences
08-23-2006, 12:29 PM
I've been contemplating writing a Lich!Harry for the past few days. Harry is put on Death Row for killing a couple of students after Dumbledore tells him the prophecy. At his execution, a burst of accidental magic causes Harry to absorb the Dementor, destroying his soul and turning him into Lich.

Mordecai
08-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Do you mean a Liche? That could be itneresting, though what would be the difference between a Liche and a Necromancer? I personally think that a Liche uses their own body energy do do their work, whereas a necromancer uses sacrifices and such like.

My own contribution, is a variation on the "Harry doesn't go to Hogwarts" Why not have it that, by the time the Order find him, he is a successful business man, as in owner of a multi-billion pound per year transnational company. Could be quite an interesting twist. Like, Hagrid is sent to guide him around Diagon Alley, and they go to Gringotts, and Hagrid makes a big deal about the amount in harry's vault, and Harry is just like "Oh, that, yeah, I make like twice that every hour."

Or another interesting scenario for Harry visitng Diagon alley for the first time, would be him commenting constantly on the business possibilities, and then trying to make business arrangements with the Goblins and stuff like that. Perfect for a moderately short comedy fic IMO.

Styx
08-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Liches are immortal (at least to certaint point) they dont have any life-force but they have bound their soul to their magic.

There was a request for an historically correct fic, i think this will suffice: Mastermind Hunting http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2428341/1/

Muttering Condolences
08-23-2006, 01:30 PM
I was thinking that instead of Harry's soul being stored in a phylactery, it was simply destroyed. Since Dementors are immortal, and Harry absorbed one, he wouldn't have a soul, but still be magical (Dementors are magical creatures) and be borderline immortal, since he doesn't have a soul. Harry could be killed, like getting his head cut off or w/e, but a killing curse wouldn't work on him.

I still need to work out the finer details before I write anything though. Any help would be appreciated.

Olfrik
08-23-2006, 05:09 PM
An idea of how Harry could get an army of evil but loyal followers:

In an effort to get Sirius out of the veil, he starts some kind of ritual on it and frees a lot of previously dead and evil people from it. But as every one of them owes him a life debt, he makes some kind of slavery contract with them and so rhas the perfect recruits for his own army. They are mean fighters, maybe powerful and by a magic bound to his wishes.

PS: The people that come out could even be the people from DLP, starting the idea from the other thread off.

The Fine Balance
08-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Hm...
After Sixth, instead of succeding or on the path of succes in destroying, they fail. Period. No loopholes. Fic-Starts in a post-War world, only the wrong side has won.

Now, what does Voledmort really want? All this can't be a overgrown brats childhood grudge against muggles, perhaps that's just a sentiment he shared with the Wizarding Aristocracy and overplayed that card to gain a following. So, chances are he's after power. But the important part is, what then? What will he do with this power? The stupid homicidal-to-the-extreme Voldie you find in so many fanfic's is an idiot. Every dictator worst fear are his subjects. So it would be important to find a balance between crucio-happy Voldie and the smart, brilliant tactician.

Anyway, he will have power as long as there are people. So, there will be a society, although perverted, that would still exist under him. Something of the sort in "A Stranger in A Strange Land"

[A few years after the 'Final War']

So, we'd enter Harry.

There is a lot of discontent, and not only amongst the "Light." There would be people who'd exist beneath the two categories, who choose to be declared as neither.

These are the kind of people Harry would seek out.

Many details to be worked out, but anyway... these are the kind of people Harry would seek out, but seek out a bit openly, so that there are words, and whispers and talks.

Collecting, collecting, collecting... when eventually, they Have enough they would attack. And of course, they would fail. But that didn't matter anyways. Those people that Harry had collected had been merely a diversion, because exactly at that time, people from inside Voldie's organization would cripples it, people Harry had turned with or without consent, during the "Few years" gap.

Give him Dumbles memories to account for why he spent more time manipulating than learning during the few years.

Kill the order, don't kill em. Harder, of course, if they're dead.

While the most part can and should be spent with the "Diversion Group", showing the condition of people and society, there must be some forewarning about the "inside group. "

mcatrage
08-23-2006, 08:47 PM
An idea of how Harry could get an army of evil but loyal followers:

In an effort to get Sirius out of the veil, he starts some kind of ritual on it and frees a lot of previously dead and evil people from it. But as every one of them owes him a life debt, he makes some kind of slavery contract with them and so rhas the perfect recruits for his own army. They are mean fighters, maybe powerful and by a magic bound to his wishes.

PS: The people that come out could even be the people from DLP, starting the idea from the other thread off.

thats a pretty cool idea, and its an idea that isn't completely out of left field because the veil is kind of a unknown thing.

For harry goes missing when he is young, how about if he ends up at Durmstrang and he is trained (maybe the headmaster or a teacher eventually raises him) of course sooner or later he'll go to hogwarts for good (maybe after GOF).

It'll be an indendant!dark!harry without following the normal shopping spree cliche.

Darius
08-24-2006, 02:35 AM
Harry gets addicted to Felix Felice (unsure on the spelling) and becomes a reckless maniac with the luck of a leprechaun. It would be challenging to see how the author could have Harry continually avoid serious repercussions of his actions by sheer luck. Most likely a one shot or a series of one shots.

RevolXadda
08-24-2006, 02:41 AM
Harry gets addicted to Felix Felice (unsure on the spelling) and becomes a reckless maniac with the luck of a leprechaun. It would be challenging to see how the author could have Harry continually avoid serious repercussions of his actions by sheer luck. Most likely a one shot or a series of one shots.

That sounds a lot like Make a Wish by Rorschach's Blot. Although, Make a Wish has more of the 'continually avoid serious repercussions of his actions by sheer luck' and less of the Felix Felicis. I'd like to see a fic where Harry decides to take Felix Felicis, and then has a day filled with what he would describe as bad luck.

Harry knew this was his only chance. Quickening his pace, he caught up to Ginny just as she reached the staircase. "Ginny...I was...I was...wondering...if..." he broke off and shuffled his feet. Suddenly, a noise from down the corridor startled the pair. Harry turned so quickly that he tripped and fell down the stairs, breaking both arms, a leg, and several ribs. When he came to a stop, he looked back up the stairs, just in time to see an axe slice through the space he had just occupied. Harry watched in horror as the axe continued it's disembodied journey, finally stopping in the wall behind the two halves of Ginny's body.

I've never seen Harry's animagus form be a muggle. He spends all that time training to be an animagus and learning to fight, only to find out that...muggles really are nothing more than animals.

Jon
08-25-2006, 04:10 AM
That sounds a lot like Make a Wish by Rorschach's Blot. Although, Make a Wish has more of the 'continually avoid serious repercussions of his actions by sheer luck' and less of the Felix Felicis. I'd like to see a fic where Harry decides to take Felix Felicis, and then has a day filled with what he would describe as bad luck.

'Harry Potter and the Bad Luck' my story. :P Not really what you're suggesting though. It is, yet isn't.

nuck
08-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Harry goes back in time and ends up with his great-grandfather so to hide his identity and protect the future he tells them his name is Peeves, then he dies and becomes a poltergeist in Hogwarts

Mordecai
08-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Now, that sounds like a good set up for a comedy fic.

Verse of Darkness
08-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Harry being taken under the wing of Crouch Jr.

Erotic Adventures of S
08-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Harry finding and claiming the one "Master" ring for himself and becoming the lord of the rings...

Dark Syaoran
08-26-2006, 10:13 PM

That is already in the works. He was raised by Crouch Snr, but Jnr is there, slowly trying to influence Harry. This was talked about in more detail somewhere. I cant remember the thread.

Amerision
08-27-2006, 12:14 PM
AU Sixth Year

In his Sixth Year, Voldemort grows in power, employing all kinds of magical creatures and demons to slaughter the light. Sinister creations are ravaging magical society, and the muggles are beginning to take notice.

The Death Eaters are swarming with new recruits who want to protect their families, and the light's allies continue to shrink day by day.

In a last ditch effort, the Order seals Harry in a frozen state so he may escape death.

Several Years Later

Harry wakes up, aged but unaware of the time that has passed.

He finds the world in shambles, muggle and magical society oppressed by Voldemort's forces, the Combine.

The powerful police force patrols the streets, executing muggles and magicians who show any signs of rebellion. At their command lay Dementors, Manticores, and sick creations that have resulted from Voldemort's experimentations.

Tall monsters with magical cannons/weapons are able to obliterate everything in their path.

Small crablike creature latch onto hosts and turn them into bloodthirsty zombies.

Muggles are torn apart and reassembled, grotesque and with magic.

Inferi are everywhere.

People are tagged, identified by numbers, and muggles are shrinking in number. A fertility spell stops them from procreating.

But Harry finds a small, but growing resistance of muggles and wizards.

The wizards quickly recognize Harry and hope is born.

Too bad it won't be long until Voldemort catches wind of his return...

--

It uses elements from the Half-Life 2 storyline.

mcatrage
08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
How about a story from voldemort's POV.

Kind of wonder what the hell he does all day. Could be funny or serious.

Dark Syaoran
08-27-2006, 10:02 PM
When I saw 'Half-Life 2 Crossover', I nearly ended my life by mashing my face into my desk.

Amerision
08-28-2006, 01:06 AM
When I saw 'Half-Life 2 Crossover', I nearly ended my life by mashing my face into my desk.

Why is that?

The idea doesn't seem bad to me. In fact, it sounds loads better than crossing it with Star Wars.

It isn't much of a crossover though. I mean, the only elements used in the story from HL2 would be the "World in Shambles Oppressed by Oprressive Rulers" thing.

Mordac
08-28-2006, 12:16 PM
We see a lot of political Harry, but I don't think there are that many--if any--fics with a business tycoon Harry. Just think, when the Prophet started slandering him, he could just do an hostile takeover on it and send Skeeter as a correspondent to Australia or something.

Mordecai
08-28-2006, 12:24 PM
I suggested somethign simlar, with Harry not attending Hogwarts for whatever reason, but by the time he is found, he is a multi-billionaire business tycoon, and immediately starts plotting his domination of the wizarding worlds business market.

Can you image the scene as a piss tkae on the cliche about Potters being Ward Masters, where someone says to Harry about how he will obviously become a Ward Master, and he just completely flips them off and says how is jsut going to take over the world. Could lead to come interesting consequences.

There are however, many fics where Harry buys out the Daily Prophet, and gets revenge on Skeeter.

Mordac
08-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Yea I saw it, but then I continued reading the thread and dind't feel like going to your post to reply.
And yes, there are plenty of ways he could dominate the wizarding market. Just for a start: robes. The type we see are hand made ones. He'd just have to make them in a (muggle) plant in Pakistan or something, telling the curious that they're for theater wardrobes or something, and then sell them in Diagon Alley a bit below the price of hand-made robes.

Aekiel
08-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Next they'll have 'Made in China' wands and Coca Cola sponsored Quidditch Robes.

Commercialisation hits Hogsmeade! Richard Branson takes over Nimbus! Tom Vs. Hilton - Battle of the Hotel Tycoons!

KeshinNoAkui
08-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Commercialisation hits Hogsmeade! Richard Branson takes over Nimbus! Tom Vs. Hilton - Battle of the Hotel Tycoons!And then mysteriously Paris dies an unfortunate death because she wants to become a pop diva. =P

That would actually be interesting as a Humor story, if only to bash Paris.

Olfrik
08-30-2006, 05:26 PM
I'd like to see a fic were Harry is as manipulating as Dumbledore is made out to be. Were he actually frames Dumbledore or the beaver or one of the weasels for something.

Verse of Darkness
08-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Hm... how about instead of the DoM being War Ubahly Wizards, how about them being something like... AREA-51? And they somehow mutate Harry or some shit.

Dubrichius
08-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Hm... how about instead of the DoM being War Ubahly Wizards, how about them being something like... AREA-51? And they somehow mutate Harry or some shit.
I'm actually working on an idea somewhat similar to that, only the Unspeakables will be more like the MiB. I plan to use certain species and ideas from the Master of Orion series of games.

Lord Apophis
08-31-2006, 07:53 PM
How about a story were Wormtail is smart, kind of like in the story Fidilus I think it was called. He was with Voldemort on the night of the attack on the potter home and takes harry to raise him.

Or how about when Voldemort was destroyed in 1981 so does one of the Inner Circle Death Eaters take over. It gets out that this death eater has been manipulating voldemort ever since their time at hogwarts.

Mordac
09-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Harry gets an amoeba animagus form.

The Hungry Basilisk
09-03-2006, 02:46 AM
1, Draco Malfoy gives birth to Harry Potter!Wait!!! Its been done? Dear God!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2892973/1/

2,Harry goes back in time, has sex with Lucius and gives birth to Draco?

3, Harry gets possessed by a biblical Demon called LEGION!

4,Harry gets caught doing magic by the muggle government (MI5/AREA51/SECTION12) and they decide to experiment on him.What is he?

5,Harry is raised as a merboy in the black lake?

6,Harry's mum was an RAF pilot?

Argh...my brain hurts with the possibilities!

Dark Syaoran
09-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Number 4 is a good idea. I've seen authors try to use it before, but they never seem to get it right. I wouldnt mind seeing a proper one done.

Alayna
09-04-2006, 04:37 AM
Number 4 has been made partially... in Mastermind Hunting especially, as in the early stages of the story they (CIA) hunt him literally over the whole world...

And partially it was done in some crossovers with x-men; Harry is there sort of Wolverine, I unfortunately forgot the name of the story...

The Hungry Basilisk
09-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Oh! I had never seen a story of that ilk!

But know I will be on the hunt!

Do you have any links?

Mordecai
09-04-2006, 04:46 PM
I remember a Stargate SG-1 xover, that was sort of like that, it was something about Crumpets in the title. It was ok, but not brilliant. I do like the idea though.

I have to ask though, how in the fuck would Lilly POtter being the RAF affect anything?

And jsut one otehr thing that pisses me off. What would Area 51 have to do with anything in Britain. To get them involved Harry would have to travel to America, which is just sad IMO. MI5, MI6 aye, use them , but not the CIA, FBI or anything like that, they don't exist in Britain. I wish that most fanfic writers would get it into their heads.

Amerision
09-04-2006, 07:23 PM
I've been thinking about a variation of number four actually.

PostSS/PS

Balding government scientist Dr. John Richards has worked years as a Biophysicist, researching the fringes of theoretical quantum physics and its effect on life.

All his colleagues made breakthroughs long ago, hired away by large pharmaceutical corporations or weapons contractors.

Aging, his grants are drying up as universities and companies are giving them away to fresh hotshot Professors who "...have a greater chance of discovering anything useful."

Past his prime, the Doctor opens an older file, Einstein's unfinished projects.

Supposedly, Doctor Einstein was searching for the Unified Theory of physics, an explanation than would bridge the gap between normal physics and quantum physics.

Einstein had insisted there was "...something missing..." in science, a force or state of matter that would make it complete.

Unfortunately, he died before he made any breakthrough.

But now, Dr. Richards has stumbled on an odd material with strange properties able to detect what he believes is this missing force.

Oddly, the force seems to be concentrated in humans who, for the most part, seem to have no record in the United Kingdom, or the world for that matter.

Taking to extremes, he kidnaps and studies them.

Biopsies have never been so...magical.

However, the strange force seems to be found in mostly small quantities, and tends to become more fixed and static as the subjects age.

Determined to study them further, he decides to find a young subject with more of this force.

Conveniently, he stumbles upon a twelve year old boy not far from his laboratory in Surrey...a boy no one seems to care about.

A boy involved in a project the British Military has become interested in.

:::

I was thinking of them kidnapping Harry and experimenting on him. Harry would escape the first year it would happen, but they would capture him next summer.

Fiddling with his magic, they would find ways to enhance it and his body, and the military would do...stuff...with him. Maybe in an attempt to create an operative in this unknown wizarding world to work for them and find out more.

They could pressure him to find out more spells, wizarding government, population numbers, things they could not get out of the adults they kidnapped.

I can see the seargent kicking his ass and demanding him to find more "...useful spells."

Either all that or to create the perfect Soldier.

The Hungry Basilisk
09-04-2006, 09:44 PM
I remember a Stargate SG-1 xover, that was sort of like that, it was something about Crumpets in the title. It was ok, but not brilliant. I do like the idea though.

I have to ask though, how in the fuck would Lilly POtter being the RAF affect anything?

And jsut one otehr thing that pisses me off. What would Area 51 have to do with anything in Britain. To get them involved Harry would have to travel to America, which is just sad IMO. MI5, MI6 aye, use them , but not the CIA, FBI or anything like that, they don't exist in Britain. I wish that most fanfic writers would get it into their heads.

I was just giving examples to Americans who may not know of MI5/6.

Plus the CIA, FBI and Interpol work closely with the British government so it is within the realms of possibility.
The US AND UK tend to share stuff.
I know this being fuckin born and raised here in England and you should know that being Scottish yourself!!!

And the RAF thing was a joke DUH!

Jon
09-05-2006, 03:54 AM
ZOMG! Rivertreatmentatthehandsofthealliance!Harry. :D

Mordac
09-05-2006, 05:33 AM
I've been thinking about a variation of number four actually.

PostSS/PS

Balding government scientist Dr. John Richards has worked years as a Biophysicist, researching the fringes of theoretical quantum physics and its effect on life.

All his colleagues made breakthroughs long ago, hired away by large pharmaceutical corporations or weapons contractors.

Aging, his grants are drying up as universities and companies are giving them away to fresh hotshot Professors who "...have a greater chance of discovering anything useful."

Past his prime, the Doctor opens an older file, Einstein's unfinished projects.

Supposedly, Doctor Einstein was searching for the Unified Theory of physics, an explanation than would bridge the gap between normal physics and quantum physics.

Einstein had insisted there was "...something missing..." in science, a force or state of matter that would make it complete.

Unfortunately, he died before he made any breakthrough.

But now, Dr. Richards has stumbled on an odd material with strange properties able to detect what he believes is this missing force.

Oddly, the force seems to be concentrated in humans who, for the most part, seem to have no record in the United Kingdom, or the world for that matter.

Taking to extremes, he kidnaps and studies them.

Biopsies have never been so...magical.

However, the strange force seems to be found in mostly small quantities, and tends to become more fixed and static as the subjects age.

Determined to study them further, he decides to find a young subject with more of this force.

Conveniently, he stumbles upon a twelve year old boy not far from his laboratory in Surrey...a boy no one seems to care about.

A boy involved in a project the British Military has become interested in.

I was thinking of them kidnapping Harry and experimenting on him. Harry would escape the first year it would happen, but they would capture him next summer.

Fiddling with his magic, they would find ways to enhance it and his body, and the military would do...stuff...with him. Maybe in an attempt to create an operative in this unknown wizarding world to work for them and find out more.

They could pressure him to find out more spells, wizarding government, population numbers, things they could not get out of the adults they kidnapped.

I can see the seargent kicking his ass and demanding him to find more "...useful spells."

Either all that or to create the perfect Soldier.
I'd sooooo read that.

Mordecai
09-05-2006, 01:23 PM
I have to say, I like the idea Amersion, someone should write it. Preferebly someone who has enough knowledge of physics to actually write it, rather than make it up as they go along.

Opaque
09-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I think it would be Funny to see a story where Harry runs away and goes to gringotts to get a bunch of money, only to see griphook and call out his name. However calling a goblin by his name without permission is a sign of serious dishonor to goblins and Gringotts to declare Harry an enemy of the Goblins and they try to kill him.

Vayne
09-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Here's an anti-cliche that came to me as a random piece of inspiration that I fleshed out a little.

We've all seen dozens of fics in which Harry is a horcrux (or is a partial horcrux or failed horcrux etc), along with the various debates as to whether it's possible or not, what it means if he is and so on. However what if he wasn't the only human repository for a piece of Voldemort's soul? What if the fragment of soul in Tom Riddle's diary was not destroyed when it's container was, but instead found a new host? Consider the following:

1. We know that the complete destruction of a horcrux is a very volatile thing; Dumbledore, who no doubt invested in every form of magical protection he could come up with or get his hands on prior to disarming the Gaunt family ring, was still left crippled by his attempt, whereas Harry, with no special protections and physically exhausted at the time suffered no ill effects whatsoever when he destroyed the diary. (I'm unsure if this is explained in canon or not having no inclination to reread HBP to check. I know many fanfics say Harry was fine because he used a freshly extracted basilisk fang, ie a very potent magical item, but I have to wonder why an item of comparable power would be out of Dumbledore's reach.)

2. The destruction of the soul-fragment and the destruction of it's container are not necessarily linked. Again, I'm less than certain on this one but I'm pretty sure that after Dumbledore disarmed it the Gaunt family ring was still around and unharmed, indicating the soul-fragment can be destroyed without damaging the container. Could the reverse also be true?

3. Tom Riddle's apparition states in the chamber something along the lines of 'She poured her soul into me, and I started pouring myself back.' What if that's not simply semantics, and he was already moving the soul-fragment from the diary into her body before it's container was destroyed, and when it was the soul-fragment leapt across that existing link into Ginny?

4. This would be a far better explanation for the godawful 'roaring in his stomach' attraction from HBP. For whatever reason the two soul-fragments in Harry and Ginny react to one another and their hosts feel it as attraction. After all, in a perverse way they really are soul mates.

What would this mean for Ginny? Hard to say. I'd imagine that since the link was originally intended to have Tom in complete control he can still exert a measure of influence, but it's *very* subtle. He's not in complete control (if he was Ginny would have long since poisoned Harry, and definitely wouldn't be hooking up with him) but maybe his influence on her has caused her to change from the shy wallflower she was into the character she is in HBP. Or perhaps the soul-fragment in her has been dormant owing to the rather hurried method of it's relocation, until some external event - Voldemort's resurrection, or him growing in power post-OotP for example, causes it to reawaken. Ginny probably won't get the Parseltongue or other effects Harry has because the nature of her gaining the soul-fragment. Whereas Harry effectively stole his piece of Voldemort's soul (Or at least a part of Voldemort's soul and power was ripped from him against his will and deposited into Harry), Ginny was instead occupied by a piece Voldemort chose to seperate deliberately. As for the soul-fragment occupying Ginny, it is a lot weaker than it was in CoS, mostly because while it is still intact it's no longer got all the extremely specialised enchantments that were on it's old container that allowed it to interact with the outside world. It's no longer able to possess people, or feed on them like it used to; both it and Ginny are far more like an inert horcrux like the Gaunt ring was.

My favourite part of this little plotbunny is that it's a great excuse for the HPGW ship in HBP, and would be an equally great way of ending their relationship. For example, after learning he himself is a horcrux, Harry manages, in what is literally an internal conflict, to either destroy the part of Voldemort inside of him or, better, absorb it into himself through sheer force of will, presumably gaining the knowledge Voldemort had prior to halloween 1981 (in the same way the soul-fragment in the diary had all Tom Riddle's memories prior to it being split from him). Over the course of the next few weeks he realises that he no longer feels any attraction to Ginny; in fact he can't even see what made her stick out from the almost nonentity she used to be. Again, once he realises this he frets and worries over it for a while before giving in and casting a horcrux-detection spell on her to allay his suspicions. He is horrified when instead the spell reveals the truth; that Ginny *is* a repository for a piece of his nemesis. He attempts to teach her to rid herself of the soul-fragment, but she lacks his willpower and cannot defeat it. Left with no other options Harry kills her; without an existing link to anything it can use as a new host the soul-fragment is destroyed as well.

Damn, I fleshed that out a hell of a lot more than I'd originally expected to writing all that, and now I wish I had the writing skill, the time and most importantly the work ethic to turn all that into an actual fic; I think it'd be an interesting FWG challenge entry. However I know I lack all 3 of the above, so if you possess them and want to turn any of the ideas I've tossed up here into a story I ask only for a mention somewhere as the inspiration (unless you enter it into the challenge and win, in which case I want a 25% cut of the winnings as well :P)

Lord_Slytherin
09-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Paris hilton discovers that she is a witch and comes to Hogwarts and falls in love with Harry!! But that spunky red head vixen wants revenge! Harry/Ginny/Paris/Ron/OC Lots of pranks! and marauders

Amerision
09-05-2006, 11:23 PM
All for executing Lord_Slytherin, say I...

Niffler Lord
09-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Nahh just slap him silly. Obviously he's high on something.

Dreakon
09-06-2006, 08:58 AM
How about a story featuring broke!Harry?

Harry moseys on over to gringotts for his overdue going-independent-shopping-spree and finds out his pops really was a lazy good for nothing who basically drained his vaults, and lost Harry's trust fund gambling, effectively putting the boy-who-lived-to-end-up-broke in debt.

I'd pay to read something like that.

Mordecai
09-06-2006, 01:06 PM
I think a couple of us came up with somethign similar in a challenge thread at one point. We had Harry going to Gringotts to find that the Potter family was really quite poor, but had a deal with Gringotts that if a scion of the Family was left without any support from the rest of the family (ie was the only oen left alive) they would be provided with enough gold to manage their way through school and live decently in comfort before that. So basically Gringotts would provide a vault with enough money for harry's guardians to raise him in moderate comfort and for him to get plenty of schooling. We thought that Harry would find this out from a letter from Gringotts on his 17th birthday.

We thought that the previous summer Harry had done a shopping spree of sorts, bought a library and maybe hired a tutor or two, really spent a great deal of cash.

The downside of the deal, was that Gringotts could choose whether they wanted the person to work off their debt to Gringotts, basically be a slave for Gringotts in whatever capacity the goblins want (Harry/Griphook/Security Troll threesome anybody? I think Vash might do that quite well) or if they would simply take like 3/4 of the persons wage until the debt was cleared.

We thought Harry would be forced to undergo training provided by the Goblins whilst in his 7th year, as well as learning for his NEWTs. Basically they would be training him to work for them for nothing for the rest of his life.

It would obviosuly be a post-OotP, AU of HBP.

I still like the idea of it.

Darius
09-11-2006, 05:18 AM
The three magical wizarding schools are horcuxes so Harry has to destroy them but since he can't tell anyone about the horcuxes everyone thinks he's evil, or instead of just 7 horcuxes everyone with the dark mark is a horcux so he has to kill all the death eaters before he can kill Volemort.

Mordecai
09-11-2006, 12:41 PM
You mean, that Voldemort has split his soul at least say 20 times. I am a proponent of the idea that you can only split your soul a certain very limited number of times. I like the idea in some fics, where Tom found out after making his second or third horcrux, that you can't split your soul more than that many times. So Harry is left searching for horcruxes that don't exist.

I do like the idea of the Harry having to destroy the schools to destroy the horcruxes though its a bit unbelievable that volde could make the actual schools the horcruxes. Maybe make it that one single stone somewhere in the castle is the horcrux, and it would take far too long to test each individual stone, so Harry goes radical and destroys the whole building completely.

Darius
09-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah that's a better idea actually, or the horcux is underneath the school or something. How about some of the Proffessers and Order members being horcuxes so harry has to kill people like Mcgonogal and Remus.

Xantam
09-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Or maybe important political leaders all over the world were made horcruxes so that if he had to die he would leave the world in chaos.

mcatrage
09-11-2006, 11:49 PM
How about that the whole Boy-Who-Lived is a ploy by voldemort and he is "defeated" by harry potter but in reality he never leaves and harry potter is really harry riddle.

Can either be lily is the mom and is in on the big plan and she is also alive or they already killed the potters and they place little riddle there and create the boy-who-lived

Mordecai
09-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Hmmm, seems like a fangirls invitation to ~squeels delightedly~ Harry/Tommy slash, I mean Tommy is such a loving caring person deep inside, that he would of course fuck his son.

How about, post-Hogwarts, post-Voldemort, WW3 starts, some random middle east country sends a nuclear/hydrogen missile or two around the world, perhaps one at the US and one at Britain. What would the magical worlds responce be. They would have to face up to what was happening, would they simply hide, or would they help.

I can actually see that as being a good mix between a political fic, and a kind of commando!Harry fic.

Darius
09-12-2006, 08:03 PM
A story where *GASP* Harry doesn't have a massive penis and gives a girl an orgasm his first time. I have never read a smut scene where the girl doesn't have at least one orgasm.

World
09-14-2006, 05:17 AM
A story where *GASP* Harry doesn't have a massive penis and gives a girl an orgasm his first time. I have never read a smut scene where the girl doesn't have at least one orgasm.

*gasp* what kind of stories do you read? I thought two was the absolute and seldom used minimum.

But really, I don't think failure!Harry would be much of a joyous read.

Mordecai
09-14-2006, 02:34 PM
As a comedy it would be hilarious, but as a real fic, not so. Like if you had a fic where Harry finds he's actually not very powerful, the power the dark lord knows not is something fairly useless, like being slightly double jointed, and he has just failed his sorrows. Somehow he gets lucky and heads into a back room with a hot chick, but seriously fails to perform to her expectations, gets bitch slapped, then hunted down by her gnag of brothers and cousins and whoevers.

Darius
09-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Does penis size really matter in the wizarding world though? I mean just likeEngorgio WHAM instant porn star.

Litha Riddle
09-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Does penis size really matter in the wizarding world though? I mean just likeEngorgio WHAM instant porn star.

One question though, would you really want to point a wand at your penis?
Also it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it. Although Voldemort has a longer wand than Harry, which would suggest that size does have some relevance.

Litha

Darius
09-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Lol, yeah I mean what in there was backlash, but say it's a girl you really hate, then you just make it really big and...... I'll stop. Some one should take one of their novel length fics and just change all the Blaise, or Fleur to Ginny and say H/G in the summary and see how many more hits they get, or just change it to slash and change all the names to Draco. I bet it would double the reviews.

bornagainpenguin
09-17-2006, 06:25 AM
Because he would only be eleven at that point in time, and almost no eleven-year-olds are even remotely sexually active. That is why it would be better for any Pervert!Harry stories to be set during his fifth/sixth year, maybe even as early as his fourth year.

Ummm...I beg to differ! I was wanking at seven or eight and wanting very much to see what makes us all different at that age! I also messed around quite a bit with a few girls from the neighborhood at that age. The only difference is at that age I didn't know where to go from there. A funny idea would be a Harry who sneaks around all perverted like and setting up situations he doesn't know how to handle...

Now here is an original idea! I'd love to see one of these!

Harry discovered that he is just a painting and playing the star role in a wizarding soap opera. It could happen when he tries to flee and allways ends up in one of the paintings that are created for the series and then he askes himself what is wrong with the world. He died at some point and they took his imprint to sell the series with the stories how he could have grown up.

Truman Show much? I'd still read it if it were done right though.

I would like to see a Harry that was captured and brought to Voldemort. Then Voldemort casts some kind of Fidelius variant on him to avoid any traitors from rescuing him. In the result he erases Harry's existence from everyone's minds.

Voldemort doesnt trust anyone with the secret so noone knows and Harry escapes because noone is aware that he exists. Then Harry is completely alone and the only way for him to get to talk to someone is to kill Voldemort.
So he can effectively do whatever he wants, sit in Dumbledors office the whole day, talk to the hat and listen to Dumbledores meetings, can get all books and go into each lesson he likes or just stroll the Alleys and take whatever he wants. In the best of cases he would enjoy the silence and not miss anyone anymore.

This is another original idea I don't think I've seen before!

I think this would be a brilliant setup for a long fic where 'Moody' trains Harry for [insert goal here]! Dumbledore would go along with it so long as the charade of Crouch = 'Moody' continues to play out. You could either have Crouch try to convert Harry to the Dark Arts (and by extension Voldemort) or have Crouch defect to Harry's side and they build a new faction in the war seperate from both Voldemort and Dumbledore. Of course the best way to pull this off would be for Crouch's attempt to sneak Harry's name into the tourment to have failed or for him to never have been unmasked at the end of GoF...

Or how about when Voldemort was destroyed in 1981 so does one of the Inner Circle Death Eaters take over. It gets out that this death eater has been manipulating voldemort ever since their time at hogwarts.

That one exists: It's Bobmin's Parallels (http://bobmin.fanficauthors.net/Parallels/Parallels.php)

Hmmm...

'Anti-cliches'? How about...

Harry is taken from the Dursleys after Petunia is killed by death eaters when Harry is five or something and given to Snape 'for his protection' against Voldemort. Snape HATES the living, breathing reminder of James Potter's existence. Harry is abused by Snape for several years until one day Vernon happens to be in the area and recognizes his nephew. Having lost his dearly beloved wife and Dudley having been killed in the car accident he pulls out a gun or something and shoots Snape from behind, then takes Harry and raises him as the 'last living connection' to his dearly departed wife. Also Vernon raises Harry to consider Dumbledore as personally responsible for Petunia's death and Harry's abuse by Snape?

I know we've seen Snape always rescuing Harry from the abuse of the Dursleys; how about the reverse of this? I had this idea a bit back before I disappeared and thrashed it out a bit with IP82 but it never seemed to go anywhere whenever I try to actually write it as prose.

--bornagainpenguin

Amerision
09-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Bornagainpenguin:

I'd love to see Vernon rescuing Harry from Snape. Nice to see you back alive and posting.

How about a story where Bellatrix, after losing the heir of Voldemort during childbirth, stumbles upon a 4 or 5 year old Harry Potter and decides to raise him as the heir instead. Since Voldemort died before she gave birth to his heir, he can't know what he looks like. And then there's the fact that Harry and Voldemort look somewhat similar...

Bellatrix, being pregnant, did not go and torture the Longbottoms with her husband and brother-in-law, staying safe and away from Azkaban.

I can totally see Bellatrix happily carrying Harry around the house, teaching him how to torture the house elves, or taking him Muggle Hunting at age 7.

It would of course have to be humor, a fussy, mothering Bellatrix who worries about the standard of her son's Cruciatus.

"Can you read me a story?"

"Half a century ago....there was once a great man named Lord Grindelwald. He was the hero of the wizarding world, torturing the evil Muggle children..."

Little Harry's eyes were open and wonder.

"Did he cut their tongues out?" he interrupted.

Bellatrix smiled at her only son.

"Why yes, he did."

"Did he...tear their limbs off? One by one?" He whispered.

"Oh did much worse than that..."

Mordecai
09-17-2006, 11:39 AM
That could be a good humour fic but not a serious one.

Darius
09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah, it would be hillarious once he got to hogwarts.

Mordecai
09-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Why, in the name of all thats holy, would he go to Hogwarts? It makes no sense. Being taught by Bellatrix since he could pronounce incantations would I think place him slightly above the level of first years. It would be a waste of time, something to bulk out the fic, and let him angst about friends and homework. Maybe get a few scenes of Bellatrix threatening Snape to treat Harry better. Better to have him taught privately, and start the fic when he is 17 and an adult in the eyes of the law.

Darius
09-17-2006, 07:02 PM
You said humor fic, what would be funnier than an evil boy-who-lived running around hogwarts and asking Prof. Binns about the Goblin torture devices.

Mordecai
09-17-2006, 07:25 PM
I can think of a lot of things funniet than that actually. Like evil boy-who-lived with no social skills having been raised by Bellatrix, and having human contact with only a few other folk of like mentality, going for say, his apparation licence, or even a job interview, perhaps with the Ministry, or maybe say, Gringotts.

Mr.Dougler
09-18-2006, 08:57 PM
I've seen Harry go back to the 1970's the dark ages and all those nifty times but what about back to the late 1800's. Have never seen on of those.

Lord_Slytherin
09-18-2006, 09:23 PM
How about:

Happily ever after

Summary: The war is over. In a post apocalyptic world, where death and decay haunt a ruined landscape, Harry and Voldemort discover that they are the only survivors of the bloody final battle. To ensure the survival of the human race they are forced to mate – but what happens when necessity turns into love? Harry/Voldemort

Warning: Reading this story may cause random acts of suicide and spontaneous human combustion

Well... It hasnt been done before :O

Although there's probably a good reason for that . . .

I can think of a lot of things funniet than that actually. Like evil boy-who-lived with no social skills having been raised by Bellatrix, and having human contact with only a few other folk of like mentality, going for say, his apparation licence, or even a job interview, perhaps with the Ministry, or maybe say, Gringotts.

Yeah I can see that being a funny fic if done correctly.

Neville: Have you seen my toad?

Harry: Er, I got hungry

Amerision
09-18-2006, 09:25 PM
First Strike: X

Second Strike: X

Anyone want to wait for a third?

Harry/?

Harry finds that he all alone. Everyone has a girlfriend...except him.

Bored and utterly alone, he finds that the Room of Requirement may just have the answer to his troubles.

...And that the spirit of Hogwarts is very wild.

Lord_Slytherin
09-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Hah. Sorry, I just find it amusing to write twisted anti-cliché summaries. If it’s that much of a problem to you, I’ll stop posting them.

Harry/?

Harry finds that he all alone. Everyone has a girlfriend...except him.

Bored and utterly alone, he finds that the Room of Requirement may just have the answer to his troubles.

...And that the spirit of Hogwarts is very wild.

Handcuffs, a whip, lots of leather, and the sorting hat?

Amerision
09-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Handcuffs, a whip, lots of leather, and the sorting hat?

...I think we have a winner :)

Don't worry about the 'strike' thing. I was just joking.

Darius
09-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Minister!Harry. Never seen a story where Harry becomes Minister.

Mordecai
09-19-2006, 03:31 AM
Yes, I can see it, the power the Dark Lord knows not is the power to bore folk to death using only your voice. Even Volde can't manage that, but jsut about every priest or minister I have ever seen can manage it.

Amerision
09-19-2006, 12:59 PM
I think he meant Minister of Magic.

Lots of stories have him become minister, but I have't seen any that have him utilize his new powers as head of state.

Politician!Harry are rare.