1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Utopia

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Xiph0, May 27, 2014.

1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Did anyone watch this? 6 Episode Channel 4 series. It's pretty good. Some of the actors are dogshit, but the writing is really solid as is the plot. It got renewed for another 6 episode run.

2. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    At first I thought you were talking about this terrible thing:

http://www.fox.com/utopia/

According to wikipedia, apparently HBO will be making a US version. So... should I wait or watch the original version?

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Watch the original version.

TBH, I don't know how they'll be able to remake it in a halfway decent way for those who have watched the original series, due to the material, but I'll watch the HBO version as well.

The second season should be starting this summer, I believe, though there is no release date yet. (Rose Leslie and Emperor Palpatine were cast for the second season, too!)

Might very well rewatch the first season, it was visually stunning and made me think about some interesting topics.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I have faith in HBO. The UK one is definitely lacking in some respects. I think the acting is probably the weakest point of the show, with everything else being supremely strong [Camera work, plot, actual dialogue writing, etc]. The actors are just kinda awful at executing it, but you can get past that.

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I'm more skeptical that the plot developments will be boring after having watched the UK version, but they'll likely change enough for that to be a small issue. I really had no idea what I was getting into when I saw the channel 4 version, there were a lot of shocking moments, most notably with that kid, Grant.

A good fit for HBO, reflecting on that.

BTW, whose acting did you think was the weakest? I particular liked that Grant boy's acting, and I remember liking Wilson, and Arby/Pietre, but the other actors weren't super memorable. I really hated the actress who played Becky, though, I remember that much.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Becky's annoying, I don't like the actress for Jessica much either, or her brother.

7. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

All I've seen mentioned so far is production notes.

For those who are wondering, as I was:

I'll watch these when I get the chance.