1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Beta request

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by huntedorange, Jul 19, 2006.

1. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

Right well i am entering the summer challenge and really looking for a beta for my work as in the past some of my spelling and grammer have been shocking. Anybody that fancys it give me a shout, i will happily take on anyway thats willing to do it. I have finished the first chapter so anyone whilling to do this can have it in there hands asap as well, thanks for the help.

2. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Actually, perfectimagination isn't so perfect at all. I checked it out a week ago, and most of the betas there either had a bunch of other projects working on, or they were too fangirl-friendly for my taste.

4. huntedorange

Eh thanks master slytherin for the site, i actually tried giving my first story to one of them and she called me a "sick demented fool who needed to repect the work of true authors", so yeah might not try them.

Again any help would be great, even another site would do. a decent one this time hopefully :)

5. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I got my beta through perfect imagination, as well as the one before it, and he is by far the best I've ever had. Jackie, whom was my beta before my current one, was excellent at picking out grammatical problems. My current beta reader helps me immensely with several different things.

Before I'd even heard of PI I got a beta or two off of a couple of forums and wasn't impressed with the job they did at all. Mistakes were often left untouched and important plot points totally eradicated.

I honestly recommend PI, the beta's there are among the best your going to find.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  6. huntedorange

Right well deicded to give them a go and see what happens, hope i dont get a snotty bitch like i did the last time though.

7. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

My beta also came from PI and she is absolutely wonderful. So I guess it depends on who you get - luck of the draw.

8. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Well if you still need someone you can send it to me, no guarantees but I will take a look at it

9. Doxkid

Doxkid Backtraced

Same here, but i may be starting my own story soon.

10. Kyp's Avenger

Kyp's Avenger Fourth Year

I'm a PI beta. We're not all fangirlish, really. I'll admit to being snotty on occasion...but as my Editor-in-Chief used to say on the paper, "If you don't hate your editor, then they're not doing a good job."

Just make sure you read their profile. Look at the ships they'll read, that's a good indicator as to what sort of fan the beta is.

11. Vincent V

Vincent V Slug Club Member

I recently obtained a beta from PI, and she's wonderful. I got the first chapter betad a couple of days ago. There were things corrected I could never have thought of.

12. Khantael

Khantael First Year

I'm also a PI beta as of about a week ago. Though I can't say that I really know the others very well, they seem like decent people. I'd say just try again with another beta.