1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Book Movies Till 2020

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

[​IMG]

That's a lot.

Some of them will probably not happen. Marvel will make all of them and may even add one more movie if Ant-Man surprises everybody and is as big success as GotG.

DC's plan after 2017 may change depending on popularity of Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. Not-superhero movies from them are even less certain, but we will probably get at least Sandman.

After recent rumors I would say that Sony's Sinister Six will probably not happen because it's too risky after a mediocre gross (compared to previous movies and their expectations) of Amazing Spider-Man 2 when it needs just as big budged and its date will be taken by female lead Spider-Man spin-off. Venom will depend on its succeed.

Fantastic Four 2 has 50% chance of happening because right now it appears that Fox is unsure how to sell the first one. X-Men movies are quite safe, even solo ones.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

3. Celestin

4. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Deadpool is confirmed? Sweet. I saw the Ryan Reynolds test footage/trailer, but didn't know that anything had come of it.

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait, they're actually going to make another Green Lantern attempt? Just lol.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sandman. Fucking Sandman! There will be a Sandman film!

Yay!

7. Warheart

Warheart Sixth Year

Green Lantern Mythos is one of the most diverse and well fleshed out. The movie with Ryan Reynolds sucked because of writing, directing acticg etc. But if done right, GL can potentially be DC's torchbearer along with Batman. Since the Blackest Night- Brightest Day crossover storyline, GL and other lantern corps have curved up a nice niche of comic book audience, so the movie just has to tap into them.

Just take a look at the animated GL series in cartton networks. It was amazing and very well received.

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Green Lantern has amazing movie potential, and has some of the best comic series out there.

I eagerly await the next GL movie. Much as I enjoyed the last one (which was, admittedly, not much) this time they'll know what not to do.

9. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I'm surprised Deadpool is getting released so soon (two years doesn't seem like long). Hell, I didn't even know it was confirmed.

10. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah, it doesn't seem like much time at all, especially since it seems like Fox only greenlit the project a month and a half ago. If I'm doing my math right, then it only gives them 17mo from greenlight to opening night. That's ridiculous.

The Deadpool movie was definitely not in production three months ago when that test footage was leaked. Ryan Reynolds described the project as being "in limbo" until public response to the leak renewed interest at Fox.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x-men-spinoff-deadpool-gets-734172

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  11. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Sandman and Gambit stands out to me.

Also, who many movies is RDJ signed up for? I heard he was done after this next joint avengers movie or maybe that was just a unfounded rumor.

12. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

In addition to appearing in Age of Ultron, RDJ is signed on for Captain America 3 and Avengers: Infinity War. Whether or not he is signed on for both parts of Infinity War is the question.

13. Celestin

News and rumors.

Doctor Doom will be a blogger in a new Fantastic Four movie. With the amount of changes it makes, this adaptation will either reinvent how the public perceives these characters or will be widely considered the worst comic book film since Batman & Robin. Not much chance left that it will be something in between. Either way it should be entertaining.

And Sony really has problems with what they should do with Spider-Man franchise if they are seriously considering to make an Aunt May movie. Or seriously enough for there to be rumors about it.

14. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    All they had to do was adapt the first couple arcs of Ultimate Fantastic Four, maybe with some alterations. But now I think my thoughts can be summed up with this image.

Pretty sure this won't actually happen, but...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  15. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Lol, Sony doesn't know what it's doing. Hah. This just proves the fact that only Marvel Studios should make Marvel Movies.

16. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For now, I like the idea of competition to keep Marvel on their A game.

17. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

The only competition Sony and Fox are involved in is a contest to see who can run their franchises into the ground the fastest.