1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ika's Theme game signup

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by ika, Dec 31, 2014.

1. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Pandora’s Box
    ika’s Ego mafia

There was a primordial time, when we lolled about in perfect gardens. Manna fell from the heavens and we only knew one thing: satisfaction.

Then there was the fall. They say it was a woman who brought it about. They always point to woman. Pandora opened the box and out of it came sins, desires, wants. When it seemed that nothing could overcome the tide of negative emotions: wrath, despair, envy…..there was one thing still to come: hope.

Hope - because we are now full humans capable of experiencing the spectrum of emotions from bad to good. Kindness, joy, love. We had been incomplete before, mere simulations and now we are free to…choose.

In this game, your goal is to utilize your emotion and the abilities it comes with to save your faction from the ill will of the opposing side.

Can your faction manage their egos or maximize the positive and negative to your team's advantage?

----

Signups:

1: lucklee
    2 citus
    3 kalas
    4 snowvon
    5 Qgqqqq
    6 atum
    7 his fliffiness
    8 the wako kid
    9 titus
    10 sloth
    11 teir

There is no limit on players who want to sign up.

I will have more (rules, sample role, ect) most likely some time later this week

Questions are welcomed

---------- Post automerged at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Note: I'm posting this early to gauge interest

This game is going to be a cross of WH style (where the role can be town or scum) and specialty (where each role is custom made as well)

========

1- No Outside of Game Discussion:
    No PMs, no skype, etc.
    Violators will be mod-killed on the spot.

2- Lurking / AFK:
    I expect everyone to be able to post. I will poke inactive players

5- Questions:
    Question may be asked Via QT or in thread (question have to be bolded/colored otherwise it could be missed)
    I reserve the right to NOT answer questions

7- Images, Videos, Links, Annoying Formatting, etc:
    all allowed: i will revoke them if they get abused

9- Behavior:
    I expect all players to act maturely and use common sense when posting. That being said, this is Mafia and it is understood that insults can be effective day chat tools. I will contact you via PM to discuss questionable posts.
    Behavior deemed inappropriate will result in mod intervene (anything from a warning up to a mod-kill)

10- Lying about game/role mechanics:
    Permitted.

10.5- Lying in general:
    You may lie about more or less anything. You may lie about feedback, codes, your role, your alignment, what you ate for breakfast, or anything in between. However, please keep it relevant to the game.

You may even lie about having real-life commitments keeping you from posting more. However, if you're going to lie about being busy, don't use potentially serious personal/family emergencies (including but not limited to: disability/illness/injury/death) as your alibi(s). That is disrespectful to people who have legitimate emergencies and will get you mod-killed if discovered. Plus, if you are posting so infrequently that the only lie you can come up with to explain your inactivity is one that involves some type of serious emergency, you were probably going to be mod-killed for inactivity soon anyway. If you legitimately have one of these emergencies, however, please notify one of the hosts and let us know if you would like to be replaced or when you might be available to return to the game.

14- PMs from the GM:
    You may not post a screen shot of the PM. You may also not directly quote anything I write to you. You may paraphrase.

16- Day/Night Cycle
    Days and nights (with the exception of day 1) will cycle every 48 hours regardless of votes. Votes will only be applied at the end of the day (except in the case of a Marshall-induced multi-lynch day) meaning that only the vote count at the end of the day matters. If someone reaches is hammered mid-day, but enough people unvote by day's end, that person will not be lynched.
    Day 1 will last 72 hours.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

/first is the best

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    /second's not too shabby

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

/in

I'm not participating in your silly nursery rhyme.

5. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    /in, pending revision/burnout.

Also, could I get a place in the game queue for some time in the future?

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=20516

Post in that thread to join the queue

Currently there's only 1 person in the queue after Ika unless the MIA Zeitgeist reappears, so you'll have your turn relatively soon if you want (meaning like 3 months or something lol)

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Ika wtf. How am I not the first sign up.

/obv in pls no lynch day 1

8. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

/in

Is this the game about ika?

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

/in.

This should be interesting.

10. ika

yes and no. that is all im going to say as of now

11. Delphine

Delphine First Year

To what extent is this a bastard game?

12. ika

Im gonna borrow MS questions:

Is it possible your game has any of the following:
    cults - no
    mid-game alignment changes - no
    secret win conditions - no
    un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation - no

moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not) - possible
    direct moderator influence during the game - possible

moderator lies: mechanically its going to be possible for moderator lies. (ie role wise its possible)
    I will state that your role is your role (so if it says you are a doc, you are a doc, if your ability says "its does X" it does X)
    To will be perfectly clear, any questions that are asked will be answered truthfully, I do reserve rights to not answer question(s) for any reason.

direct moderator influence: In other words, RP/post i make may or may not have hints or clues about stuff.

---------- Post automerged at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

if theres something spcific you are asking in terms of basterdized feel free to ask

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I KNOW VARIOUS THINGS THAT MOST OF YOU DON'T ABOUT THIS GAME. HUEHUEHUE~

14. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I'm confused b/c of your phrasing whether you meant that there's a possibility for moderator "lying" beyond things like ninjas and godfathers. Other than that, I think that answers my question.

Kinda skeptical about this. Probably b/c I'm still butthurt about a Mod randomly putting in flavor about how "'It's the quiet ones you gotta watch.' This seems to me like a really dangerous assumption. I'll bet you anything that while you're watching a quiet one, a noisy one will fucking kill you!" when my scumteam were all active posters, while insisting it wasn't game related and shouldn't be used to scumhunt. <_< Is there a past game you've modded that you can link that would give me an idea of how much of an influence flavor/RPing will likely have on the game?

15. ika

for the "lying" its mostly the ninjas/GF/redirections things that may or may not exist. The only way i will "lie" to a player is by some role interaction/mechanic

I can see if i have any games that I personally have hosted that use rp for hints. But I will assure you that I will not be doing rp hints like that.

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/21340-S-FM-93-Amnesiac
    (see post 218, although the flip was known that the framer was vet attack, I will not be revealing the origins of kills in this setup but reading RP you could divine that the player died by vet)

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18937-S-FM-73-Weapon-Maker
    (the rp here was more jsut rp but i also had fun with players (see the bottom of first post) and this might be somethign i do for entertainment value)

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/19325-S-FM-78-Bus-Drivers
    (again i did troll RP and was mostly filler but if i do something like that it could be a hint that a said role exist or me trolling)

these are game i had rp in, while how games are runned there are different it should give a general idea of what my RP will look like. none of them really had "hints" but it should give you an idea of what to expect in rp and that if it has hints or you try to divine something its at your own leisure

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Count me in for this

17. Titus

Titus Squib

/in

Your mind. Fucking your evil plans.

18. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Sloth and I /in

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fingers crossed for 13+

20. ika

if i need to i can prob hunt down a few people to join in. i know quite a few people who would come over here to play my game