1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Heart of the Storm Series by thegraytigress - M - Captain America/Avengers

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Dark Syaoran, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: Red Rain
    Author: thegraytigress
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Adventure
    Fandom: Captain America
    Pairings: Steve Rogers/Natasha Romanoff
    Summary: A mission into Crimea leads Natasha back somewhere she never wanted to go again: her past. With Steve at her side, she must battle demons best left to darkness and resist answering the call of those who made her who she was. The only way to protect everything and everyone she loves is to stay the person she has become, no matter the sacrifice. Part one of "Heart of the Storm".

Link: FFN

Title: Terminal Frost
    Summary: Their world is coming apart all around them. Steve and Natasha struggle to hold onto themselves and each other as everything they thought they knew turns out to be a lie and everyone they thought they could trust betrays them. And as devastating as that is, it's nothing compared to the past coming back to shatter their future. Part two of "Heart of the Storm".

Title: Cloud Cover
    Summary: Alone and pregnant, Natasha's running from HYDRA. Lost and fighting to stay true to himself, Steve's searching for the Winter Soldier. To survive this last nightmare, they have to find their way back to each other, and Steve has to remember what it means to be Captain America because the world and Natasha need him more now than ever before. Part three of "Heart of the Storm".

Went on a Captain America/Avenger binge reading spree about a month or two back after watching Winter Soldier. Found a few decent reads and this series was probably the best of them. Extremely well written - I haven't read the third story yet but if it is anything like the other two, it'll be pretty enjoyable. Perhaps a bit heavy on the drama and angst at certain points, particularly in the latter half of the second story, but overall a good read.

Have fun.

2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain attention.

I was sure we had quite a few Avengers fans. If so, please read and review and rate it. I'll leave it on the review board for at least another week (until Feb. 15. 2015).

3. Nicovi

Nicovi Fourth Year

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I've read the first two stories over the last couple of weeks, and they're pretty good fun. My main criticism at this stage is a fairly subjective one, namely that they're very much about the angst; that's understandable, given that it takes a more in-depth look at two of the characters with probably the most personal trauma in the MCU, and it's fairly well done, but it can get a little heavy. That might dip down a bit in the rest of the series, as by the end of the second book they've both worked past their most immediate issues for the most part.

On the more definitively positive side, they've both been well written, with a good grasp of character and some believable extrapolations. The plots have been intriguing and feel true to the universe (especially the second), and both stories have had a good range of intense but (relatively) realistic setpieces. That said, they're not stories that I think I'll remember much once I've finished them. They're entertaining, but lack that spark that makes a classic.

Not much more to say at present, but I'm going to carry on. Gut feeling at the moment is 3/5, but it could rise to 4.