1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Black Bond By CentaurPrincess - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by KNOWPEIN, May 2, 2015.

1. KNOWPEIN

KNOWPEIN Squib

Title: Black Bond
    Author: CentaurPrincess
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Romance
    Library Category: Romance
    Pairings: Harry/OC
    Summary: An eight year-old Harry Potter comes across Acquila Black, a girl at his school, only to realise that he shares a strange connection with her. And when Sirius Blacks escapes Azkaban, how will he help his godson and daughter in defeating the darkest wizard of all times?
    Link: Fanfiction.net

I came across this couple of days ago. found it interesting and don't mind its very detailed and long.....
    its more than 1000k words so please take your time to read and then rate it....

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  2. Ncjeur

Ncjeur Second Year

I found this story a while ago, and the writing doesn't appear to be especially bad. But the sheer length of it is somewhat off-putting...
    Over 1.000.000 words, and it hasn't even finished POA yet... :/

3. approximate

approximate Squib

It gets 1/5 for telling me it's a soul bond story and allowing me to escape before I start reading the thing.

4. KNOWPEIN

KNOWPEIN Squib

Well its Author's discretion on length of fiction...
    you can't rate a fiction just based on its length....

how can you even rate without even reading the story ?

5. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

Sirius having a kid: promising.

Harry not only befriending her before Hogwarts, but developing a Soul Bond with someone described in the first chapter as the female equivalent of Sirius: and damn it.

One of my major Plot Bunnies actually involves Sirius having a kid, and it's one of those stories I would so dearly love done right. Alas, this is clearly not promising based off of the Soul Bond part alone. I will give the Author credit for writing over a million words, but I think we all know there's a difference between writing a lot and writing something good.

6. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

I know this probably is not relevant to the story, but the author has named themselves Centaur Princess. Kinda hard to get past that, but I'll try...

---------- Post automerged at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Okay... first chapter and I couldn't get past the corny unimaginative dialogue and homogeneous character voices. Sirius and his wife might as well be the same person. Don't even get me started on the wife's name. The author seems to rush through the whole thing which is kinda ironic when you look at the word count.
    I am not impressed. A very generous 2/5.

7. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Ugh, downright horrible story. I've managed to get to the 10th chapter, and by all that is holy, that one was a complete clusterfuck.

1/5

8. son et lumiere

son et lumiere First Year

This fanfic is probably my biggest guilty pleasure at the moment. There are quite a few things that I don't really like here but since I like the idea of Harry with a daughter of Sirius I'm able to mostly ignore that.

Don't like the inclusion of magical cores nor the bullshit nonsense about how Harry and Acquila are able to use spells they don't even know when angry/desperate.

9. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

It's fucking awful is what it is.

1/5

10. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I read through about 200k of this maybe a year ago.

The story is one of those awful stories that follow canon to the letter while tacking on an extra character if I remember correctly.

1/5 from me.

---------- Post automerged at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

I think the author actually blocked me for criticizing him/her for it.

11. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

How the fuck do you read 200k of a 1/5 shitfic?

12. newageofpower

newageofpower Professor DLP Supporter

If you read terribly fast, have a hunger in your mind, and have literally nothing else to read (read everything half-readable a dozen times)... It's possible.

13. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

And you get a nice card for failing at rules.

And the same goes for posting in the thread. Anyone else?

14. newageofpower

newageofpower Professor DLP Supporter

I'm actually reading the story. Two chapters in, fascinated by the pairing, but pre-disgusted by the Soul Bond thing.

15. son et lumiere

son et lumiere First Year

The first two years do follow the canon plot line pretty closely though the author does begin changing things up a bit the future the story progresses. The Basilisk for example is taken care of differently than in canon.

A group of aurors and Sirius take it out which I rather liked as I've always felt that MLE should have been called in when students started being petrified.

The plot overall does remain the same despite that change with Diary!Riddle being taken down in the Chamber of Secrets. Year 3 seems to be shaping up to be a different beast.

We have a Voldemort who is active behind the scenes and shapign events.

It does take a while but the story does not follow canon to the letter and shows signs of diverging pretty significantly.

16. Baradine

Baradine Seventh Year

If I'm not mistaken, this was actually placed in the almost recommended thread a while ago. I read it back then, and it's not any better now. I won't rate, for I haven't really forced myself to read enough to rate, but the little bit I have read was quite awful.

17. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Saw the title and the only thing I could think was, "Idris Elba?"

18. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

The Soul Bond in this one isn't as bad as it is in most fics. It doesn't force them to instantly fall in love, in fact, she rejects in for the most part. It's mostly them hearing accidentally each others thoughts and feelings, as well as their pain, and just having the same soul in two separate bodies. Compared to most Soul Bond fics, it's pretty moderate. It's actually got some similarities to the one in Error of Soul with how a Soul Bond is portrayed(though Error of Soul is still the best example of a good Soul Bond story).

I personally like this story, and while it's weaker in the beginning, it gets a lot better as it goes on. Plus it mostly stops canon rehashing in year three, which barely resembles the plot of POA. 4/5.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  19. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

100k words on just the first three years? Bitch, please. Any good author can write that.