1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Bug on a Wire by jacobK - T - Worm

Discussion in 'Worm' started by Stan, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Stan

Stan Order Member

Title: Bug on a Wire
    Author: JacobK
    Rating: T
    Fandom: Worm
    Words: 41,602
    Published: October 13, 2013
    Last Updated: November 13, 2013
    Summary: Taylor Hebert wanted to be a hero, but she never really planned out how she was going to get there. If she had been a little more proactive before putting on a costume things would have gone differently, that's for sure. Better? Well, that's a different question.
    Link: ffn spacebattles

An abandoned story, but still a pretty good one, and with so few good Worm stories we can't really afford to be choosy. This one is very solidly written, and the role reversal from canon (Shadow Stalker as an ally, Undersiders as antagonists) feels natural and is executed well. There is a bit more high school drama than I would like, but it isn't too egregious.

There is a part of the next chapter on SB that hasn't been posted on fanfiction.net.

The abandonment sucks, but this is still easily one of the better Worm fanfics. 4/5.

EDit: Forgot to add the rating and the fandom to the title of the thread. My apologies.
    No problem. Fixed. - Yak

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
  2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This fic definitely had a flare of originally since it avoided Taylor being chummy with the Undersiders. It's well written, but I don't see the point of rereading it when it's abandoned; it's too sad. :(

3.5/5.

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It was decent when I read this two years ago but as Vira said, no reason to reread it, honestly, seeing that it is so short and abandoned, not worth recommending really.

It has a few good ideas, the writing is solid and were it continued, yeah, it could have been a good fic and while what is there is solid, it's not enough for what it is trying to do.

3/5 it can go higher if the author returns to it.

4. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

The absolute saddest part of this story is that the author abandoned it in favor of updating Applied Cultural Anthropology. I get that maybe he just didn't get the urge to update this but this really had a lot of potential to be a really cool story.

3/5 if only because it was abandoned before it could really become something.

5. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It might have had potential, but unrealized potential means little. 3/5

6. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

It was a truly amazing ride while it lasted. 4/5