1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A couple plot-bunny type story idea.... things...

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by OdinMage, Aug 18, 2006.

1. OdinMage

OdinMage Fourth Year

ok... the first of these came to mind while I was on my way to work earlier today, and since I didn't forget it over the course of my shift, I think it's a neat idea....

there are tons of stories where harry goes back to before he killed voldie to save morons that he probably shouldn't save..... but what about a story where an immortal harry, YEARS (a few thousand??) down the road, decides, on seeing the wizarding world destroyed by itself and muggles, to go back to just AFTER he killed voldie and us his political and magical power to change things... maybe by taking over the wizarding world himself?
    the other thoughts I had with this were that maybe when he killed voldie, harry got his magic... as he ages, his magic continues to grow, and he could learn a lot in a few thousand years..... (technomagic?? technomagic with nanites?) further, when he comes back, his magic might come with him, along with his memories, etc... so even though he is the strongest wizard alive after sucking up voldies magic, he now has at least twice that (twice, plus whatever growth his magic had over the few thousand years).... I don't really know where it would go, post really-crappy-book (aka hbp) post OotP.... where ever... but it was an idea I had that I don't think has been done.... so someone get writing!!

the second story idea was something I had on the way home... I was thinking about how I'm planning on reading the lost son of krypton or whatever it's called, the one the was recently posted, and then I started thinking about the different incarnations of superman.... comic, movies, lois & clark, smallville.... I like them all, but I know that I like certain parts of all of them more than the whole....
    I was thinking about a story where harry is kal-el... found by the potters as a NEWBORN (not a few years old) just after lily lost her baby, and adopted.... I was thinking that since it would take thousands of years to get to earth from krypton, obviously he'd be in SOME kind of stasis... that said, another thing I like (from the movies) is that on his trip he hears his parents or at least jor-el speaking all of the knowledge of krypton..... now, he wouldn't remember that in detail, but it would make school more than easy for him.... his magic on par with his other abilities (ie. if he has the strength of 1000 men, he has the magic of 1000 men) growing over time, just like his other powers... the powers would look/act more like they do on smallville though, heat as distortion waves, xray vision LIKE an xray, etc. instead of how it looks in the movies and comics, etc....

the only other thoughts I had on that were that I either doubt he would stay with the dursleys, or, since I was hoping for.... not evil, but certainly not 'goody-goody' maybe living with them but having them all living in fear of him... his strength was there almost from the get go after all... then speed, then the others would start emerging basically around when he goes to hogwarts.....

in any case... those were the ideas.... I hope someone takes them and runs with them.... and if you do, LET ME KNOW!!!!

2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

They're interesting ideas, but trying to read through that mess of a post was too hard.

Spaces can do wonders.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I'm not interested in the second one, since I hate both the crossovers and Smallville.

The first idea is a bit more interesting. There's already a story where 1000-something year old Harry travels back in time so he could kill Voldemort before he becomes immortal. That's as good implementation of this bunny as you can possibly make it IMO. What you suggested (travelling just after Voldemort's defeat and conquering the world) seems to me just like a needlessly fancy way to make super!Harry. There's absolutely no need for that. Harry who had just outdueled Voldemort should be more then strong enough.

4. OdinMage

OdinMage Fourth Year

My thinking on that idea was more that just after the war, while Harry might have magical power, he wouldn't know about his political power or be able to exercise it properly. He would be going back so that he could change how things happened in the first timeline, after the war.

Basically, my thoughts were that the wizarding world would just try to continue as though nothing happened, remaining stagnant, but because of the war, and muggles being more observant, they are found out, and either through war, or racism, or even muggles going all 'pure-blood' not wanting to taint themselves by having magical children, wizards and witches are dying out. He would go back to change that somehow, make sure the wizarding world doesn't stay so stagnant and backwards.

5. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Like IP, I hate crossovers, so plot two is out the window. The first one just seems like a pointless excuse to overpower Harry for absolutly no reason.

At work, I too came up with a little plot bunny, I thought I would stick it here, to save opening another post.

It isn't as well developed as yours. Basically, it is for a Dark!Harry fic. He steals dementor victims from St. Mungo's and uses them as Horcruxs. By giving these already living people a new soul, they become 'copies' of Harry. They will obviously look different, but with lots of Evil!Harry's wondering around, it would be amazing. The main theory behind it, so as to stop the ridiculous idea that Harry is a horcrux, is that one body can only hold one soul.

Sorry for invading your thread, just wanted to share my idea.