1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Slaughterhouse: Nine Days by JackSlash - T - Worm

Discussion in 'Worm' started by Evan Tide, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Title: Slaughterhouse: Nine Days
    Author: JackSlash
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Adventure (TBH, I'm not good with this)
    Chapters: 8
    Fandom: Worm
    Summary:
    Jack's adventures from leaving the bunker to
    killing Hero.

Link

Well written and engaging. First story I've actually seen covers that only-hinted-at time and has fairly unique takes on each scene. The author's prose sounds like how I imagine Jack would sound like if we had been given more time with his character. How the scenes play out so far are, given the circumstances, believable.

The story is more of a supplement to canon than trying to throw it off the rails. Harbinger and Jack's characterization is great as well as the justifications for Jack's every action,
    including why they want to kill Hero in the first place as well as how Glastig Uaine ends up in the Bird Cage.

I've been enjoying it greatly and give it a 4/5.

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Haven't read this story, but my first reaction was to ask myself "wasn't Hero killed by the Siberian when Manton went bonkers (and well before he joined the SH9)?".

3. Evan Tide

Not sure how spoiler this bit is, but in-story it's explained as

Jack gets Hero killed because he wanted the S9 to face off against Harbinger's new shadow conspiracy group. He was going to originally gun for Legend, but the Siberian's pet girl made him change objectives to Hero instead in order to not piss off the Siberian. So far, the fight's still ongoing and it sticks to canon, so the next chapter should end with Hero dead.

So yeah, very slight changes to canon, though it still fits since I don't remember if they ever stated an exact timeline for Manton going crazy to killing Hero.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  4. Evan Tide

Just updated.

The Protectorate bringing the S9 into the Truce to brawl with Behemoth in New York while Jack Slash and Alexandria have a round of social fu in front of Dragon. Most poignant line is definitely “We’re both losing, and we’re taking everyone with us.” when asked why Jack still runs the Nine.